• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Xeilyn

Just beat L
udwig
on my second attempt with my trusty wheel. Found several weapons i wanna use but dont have enough chunks, really wish from would have lowered the insight price for chunks for this dlc

When you enter the
fishmen
Village the game scales so hard you need around lv 60 to deal with it.

The DLC can boost you so fast for +9 weapons yet the difficulty jumps fast in reaction to not let you overcome the DLC that easily.

Also holy crap the O
rphan of Kos
deals Massive ammounts of damage.

this OST, OMG... THIS.OST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4

it is so glorious, I haven't even entered the DLC and I avoided checking this video title, but when I hear that in a battle I'm gonna get SO pumped

The best boss battle so far in Bloodborne for me. I fell kind of odd the boss is kinda shrink from its original size maybe the console could not deal with his moveset at bigger size but damm it even have a cinematic in his cinematic

myco666

When you enter the
fishmen
Village the game scales so hard you need around lv 60 to deal with it.

The DLC can boost you so fast for +9 weapons yet the difficulty jumps fast in reaction to not let you overcome the DLC that easily.

Also holy crap the O
rphan of Kos
deals Massive ammounts of damage.

That area is so much harder than the early DLC. Good luck on that boss.

wiibomb

Mani hate the 30% health reduction towards co-op. If the host is in NG+ you can get messed up in two hits. It sucks.

that has been a great problem for me in NG, I'm at 55, apparently some people around that level are at NG+ in central yhranam, and I get so wrecked when I get summoned. 2 hits and I'm done for

I have a question regarding Chikage.
I'm lvl 165, and I have 41 strength, 44 skill and 33 bloodtinge. When I use chikage with 2 hands, it does less damage than with 1 hand... How much bloodtinge do I need to do some real damage with the 2 hand mode ?

Also, do you think I can up arcane to use arcane weapon ? Or is it too late and I should just focus on strength/skill ?

cheesekao

So is it possible at lvl 38? I've beaten the game up to
moonphase
. Or would I really need to lvl up?
Unless you're a hardcore bb pro, I suggest coming back at around lvl 80.

I'm lvl 165, and I have 41 strength, 44 skill and 33 bloodtinge. When I use chikage with 2 hands, it does less damage than with 1 hand... How much bloodtinge do I need to do some real damage with the 2 hand mode ?

Also, do you think I can up arcane to use arcane weapon ? Or is it too late and I should just focus on strength/skill ?
1. The 2h mode of chikage is entirely dependant on your blt stat. Since its lower than your skill, it's no wonder it deals less damage.

2. It's not too late to up arcane but the higher your level past lvl120, the less likely your are to find coop or pvp.

Ferr986

Around 50

Xeilyn

moonphase
If you're good its possible to beat the game and dlc at base lvl but id say 60+ is atleast needed

Your skill is higher than your bt so ofc it doesnt do that much dmg in two hand mode since it only scales of bt. I have 47 bt on my char and do insane dmg in transformed mode, just slap a couple of bt gems in there

Elixist

victory! on first boss. i had to summon the npc after 3 fails. he 2 shots my ass. he died (npc) do i lose ability to summon him again?

Steez

moonphase

I mean, everything is possible in Souls games, but I started the DLC at 40 and it was obvious from the health pool of the enemies alone that this is an end game area. I quickly cleared the woods, Byrgenwerth and Yahar'Gul just to get to around level 70, but the first boss is still ruining my shit. Like Flamelurker, O&S, Fume Knight type of runing my shit.

moonphase

You could make it to the clocktower at least, try to get the hunters weapons scattered on the first area and come back later

So
Brador, the dude locked in a cell wearing a scalp of a cleric beast
... Kill him?

He will try to invade you in several zones if you let it live, I couldnt enter the room so no idea if there is special dialogue.

Neoweee

I mean, everything is possible in Souls games, but I started the DLC at 40 and it was obvious from the health pool of the enemies alone that this is an end game area. I quickly cleared the woods, Byrgenwerth and Yahar'Gul just to get to around level 70, but the first boss is still ruining my shit. Like Flamelurker, O&S, Fume Knight type of runing my shit.

It sucks that the key to good damage output (Gems) are tucked away in the shitty Chalice dungeons. Getting to a point where you can get good gems is tedious and time-consuming.

Should the boss in
the Grand Cathedral
be activating? It just
lays there on the alter and doesn't trigger a fight. I know I can fight this boss, but I can't seem to wake it up.

Sucks that if you finish the game you can't go straight to the DLC. Lost a sale from me because of that.

It takes like 45 minutes to get to it on NG+. That's a pretty pathetic deal breaker.

zma1013

Sucks that if you finish the game you can't go straight to the DLC. Lost a sale from me because of that.

Well if it changes your mind, you only have to fight Father Gascognie, buy the key that opens the door to Amelia, then kill her then you can access it. That's 2 bosses and your at the DLC. It won't take nearly as long to do that as it did the first time around and with helpful player summons it makes it even faster.

It sucks that the key to good damage output (Gems) are tucked away in the shitty Chalice dungeons. Getting to a point where you can get good gems is tedious and time-consuming.

You can get some good gems on the main game, late game, I dont understand the DLC being this early but the DLC slamms you hard you cant try the first boss.

dmr87

I don't know if this is supposed to happen or if something bugged, but the new NPC in the Forbidden Woods just died when I relogged, I've crushed like 5-6 vermins.

Floody

Is anyone else having issues with the Lanterns not working? I can't fast travel back once I go back to the Hunter's Dream.

1. The 2h mode of chikage is entirely dependant on your blt stat. Since its lower than your skill, it's no wonder it deals less damage.

2. It's not too late to up arcane but the higher your level past lvl120, the less likely your are to find coop or pvp.

Okay I get it, too bad it only scale in bloodtinge :/
Regarding coop, I thought I could join anybody since my level/stat would adjust to the host's. Maybe it's only for coop with friend (or with password)

Around 50
Your skill is higher than your bt so ofc it doesnt do that much dmg in two hand mode since it only scales of bt. I have 47 bt on my char and do insane dmg in transformed mode, just slap a couple of bt gems in there

Thanks.

Mandelbo

Is anyone else having issues with the Lanterns not working? I can't fast travel back once I go back to the Hunter's Dream.

Are you looking at the correct headstone in the Hunter's Dream? To travel to the DLC areas you need to use the one at the top of the hill, near the chalice headstones. It's the one that the doll is sometimes at.

Help needed: I killed VA and used the skull but there is no messenger in the hunters dream. The game is patched and it says TOH is installed :p. Am I missing something?

So Maria, she just
fell in love for Gehrman
?. Ironic she refuses the
blood magic
and she was pretty skilled according to her weapon but in the end, she uses
blood magic
to defend the clocktower and her heritage save her from
death
. Or maybe
the death gave her Blood magic

I don't know if this is supposed to happen or if something bugged, but the new NPC in the Forbidden Woods just died when I relogged, I've crushed like 5-6 vermins.

He just go of your game when you crush around 5 vermins

Is there any new chalice stuff in the DLC?

Also random question, anyone have any excellent Bloodborne desktop wallpapers?

I am taking some landscape of the DLC not sure if I can post them here

Having trouble on 3rd boss.

Maria's 3rd phase is constantly wrecking me any tips?

Attack her without hesitation, stay close to her not let her take space to launch her attacks, when she charges just go behing her and go for a visceral attack or a heavy attack.
Always stay close to her is the key, also the boss is quite vulnerable to stuns and visceral dammage in most of her attacks

Top Bottom