• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Fhtagn

Sucks that if you finish the game you can't go straight to the DLC. Lost a sale from me because of that.

Depending on your level, you can kill cleric beast, father g, buy the key, kill vicar in about an hour, or less, in NG+.

The way the DLC is done in these games is as if it was always part of the game, it's completely integrated.

Floody

Are you looking at the correct headstone in the Hunter's Dream? To travel to the DLC areas you need to use the one at the top of the hill, near the chalice headstones. It's the one that the doll is sometimes at.

Yeah, I only have the option of the first Lantern at the start. I wouldn't mind if it sent me back to the last Lantern I found, but it sends me all the way to the start.

zma1013

Depending on your level, you can kill cleric beast, father g, buy the key, kill vicar in about an hour, or less, in NG+.

The way the DLC is done in these games is as if it was always part of the game, it's completely integrated.

He doesn't even need to kill Cleric Beast, he's optional.

Zemm

Well they could let you access the DLC from the main menu (like Witcher 3, incl. a new character at level 65) .....I don't know why they are against this option. I'm not replaying the main game so I'll be using a lvl 138 char,

I don't know why they didn't do this, they could have even locked the character to the DLC area only if that was a problem.

It's just a pain in the ass starting from the beginning again, I bet there are tons of people who completed the game then stopped playing and are now put off the DLC.

I'm using it as a chance to replay the game but yeah I'd rather just jump straight into the DLC.

fastmower

I don't know why they didn't do this, they could have even locked the character to the DLC area only if that was a problem.

It's just a pain in the ass starting from the beginning again, I bet there are tons of people who completed the game then stopped playing and are now put off the DLC.

I'm using it as a chance to replay the game but yeah I'd rather just jump straight into the DLC.

It's been said many time before: It only takes 45min-1hr to unlock the DLC in NG+. If that's too much to ask, then I don't know what to say.

myco666

You'd actually miss out on the weapon he had if you hadn't so...not really.

That still needs confirmation though doesn't it. Oh well I will be playing this DLC so many times after this that I will see if I missed out on anything.

Also where is the new hunter tool? There was supposed to be one but haven't found it.

Can someone verify that if I saved my game to a flash drive right before the final boss; I can now re-load my save from my flash drive and onto my PS4. From there, since I'm at the end of the game, I can do everything I need to trigger the DLC and partake with my high level character in standard NG?

Thank you!

I just did this 20 minutes ago, and it worked perfect. Was at the Hunter's dream with my lvl 100 character just before the main games final boss, and was in able to get access to the dlc in 2 minutes.

Floody

That's odd - every lantern I've found so far is displayed on the list. I guess you could try restarting the game, but I can't think of anything that'd be of more help :/

Got them to work, had to go into offline mode and manually load it. Thanks for the help though.

cheesekao

That still needs confirmation though doesn't it. Oh well I will be playing this DLC so many times after this that I will see if I missed out on anything.

Also where is the new hunter tool? There was supposed to be one but haven't found it.
Talk to the NPC that's muttering about Burgerworth with the Milkweed Rune.

It was at the bottom of the stairs, next to the doll. Hmm, that's interesting. Let me know if you find a solution. Sorry I couldn't help.

try restoring your licenses, and then actually close the application. if you are hibernating by chance, then you aren't really restarting your ps4.

Restoring licenses did the trick (or third restart of the program). Weird concidering it showed the DLC as installed and didn't show the lock symbol usually accosiated with license issues.

Zemm

It's been said many time before: It only takes 45min-1hr to unlock the DLC in NG+. If that's too much to ask, then I don't know what to say.

It also depends on what level you completed the game at, I did it at 60 then went into NG+ months and months ago, obviously 45 minutes isn't going to be how long it takes, I've tried and it's a lot longer, so much so that it was easier to just make a new character.

Hybrid897

Attack her without hesitation, stay close to her not let her take space to launch her attacks, when she charges just go behing her and go for a visceral attack or a heavy attack.
Always stay close to her is the key, also the boss is quite vulnerable to stuns and visceral dammage in most of her attacks

Cheers, my problem was taking a bunch of chip fire damage backing up and letting her do her charge attacks. Used her charge attack phases to get behind her and heal/deal more damage instead and managed to win.

Thanks for tips everyone.

Norse360

A couple of stupid questions;
1. I haven't played for a looong time. Is there a way to know if I'm on NG+ or NG++?
2. Does the DLC level with NG+ in the same degree as the base game?

I have a high level character, but if the dlc is too hard with NG+ or NG++ I'll probably regret buying it. In my game I'm just before Amelia and I'm not even sure I can beat her at NG+/NG++ :( I don't have time to start all over....

Quick question about accessing the dlc. I started the final boss, but haven't beaten it. Can I still get to the dlc, or do I need to get to NG+?

gunstarhero

A couple of stupid questions;
1. I haven't played for a looong time. Is there a way to know if I'm on NG+ or NG++?
2. Does the DLC level with NG+ in the same degree as the base game?

I have a high level character, but if the dlc is too hard with NG+ or NG++ I'll probably regret buying it. In my game I'm just before Amelia and I'm not even sure I can beat her at NG+/NG++ :( I don't have time to start all over....

I think your save file should indicate you are in NG+ or NG++.

From what I read in this thread, recommended levels are the following:

60 ng
120 ng+
170+ ng++

Top Bottom