• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Bowler

Missed this post but this feels weird.
I mean, the biggest jump is from NG to NG+. Atleast in base game, NG+ to NG++ there isn't that much of a difference, so I don't get how do you require another 50 levels.

Just going by some of the posts here and in the bloodborne community pages on psn

I died more times to the big dudes with anchors than to
Maria
. Of course they had to put
Rakuyo
behind two of them together.

I'm at 50vit and with the 15% HP rune, ~1700HP total, if they grab me 70% of that will be gone. I'm resisting the urge to stop playing and go watch streams instead to try and find people strolling in there at 30vit or so...

The second one is just a regular one and not one of the incredible hulk anchor ones. Just make sure to finish off the first before you turn your attention though

Pro Tip :) There's an alley near them, if you run down, if you killed the hunter Outside of Valtr spot in the forest you can summon him/her, you can summon Valtr right before the boss and also you can summon Henriette I think down the stairs from the lamp - so you have three peeps helping you take them down and then onto the boss.
Awesome. Yeah I picked up a few Vermin last night in the Hunters Nightmare. I guess that means I can now go fight the hunter in the Forbidden Woods. I want that
snake whistle
I've seen a gift of.

Hanmik

Pro Tip :) There's an alley near them, if you run down, if you killed the hunter Outside of Valtr spot in the forest you can summon him/her, you can summon Valtr right before the boss and also you can summon Henriette I think down the stairs from the lamp - so you have three peeps helping you take them down and then onto the boss.

wut.. nice. I never noticed any summon signs near the boss.. but I haven't done anything outside of the DLC.. haven't been to the forest yet. So If I go to the forest and kill the hunter I will be able to summon these 3 NPC's for the well fiends and the last boss..?

Okay, I've played about 45 minutes and I don't like it at all. This encounter design / level design is similar to the worst sections of Dark Souls 2 so far. I hope it's just the bad beginning. Also, camera and framerate is still very bad + there are new graphical glitches. Oh boy....

wut.. nice. I never noticed any summon signs near the boss.. but I haven't done anything outside of the DLC.. haven't been to the forest yet. So If I go to the forest and kill the hunter I will be able to summon these 3 NPC's for the well fiends and the last boss..?

Yup- Take out the Hunter in front of Valtr after you join the league, do the vermin thing for Valtr, leave him be, go back to Dream, go back to forest take out Hunter and get Madeira's Whistle, then you can summon him in the alley to the left of the cannon and axe guys before first boss, the 2nd lamp on the right has a staircase down you can summon Henrietta and before boss there's a gate that a creature is banging on, if you look to the left there's an alcove, Valtr summon is in there.

Hanmik

Yup- Take out the Hunter in front of Valtr after you join the league, do the vermin thing for Valtr, leave him be, go back to Dream, go back to forest take out Hunter and get Madeira's Whistle, then you can summon him in the alley to the left of the cannon and axe guys before first boss, the 2nd lamp on the right has a staircase down you can summon Henrietta and before boss there's a gate that a creature is banging on, if you look to the left there's an alcove, Valtr summon is in there.

ahh.. sorry... I thought you talked about the LAST boss.. and the 2 fuckers in the well. Woudl be nice to have NPC's helping me there..

From what I've gathered yes. ANd the only reason I found it was because I thought he was an enemy. You're talking the NPC from the shortcut of the first lamp right?

Yeah him. I suppose i'll have to kill him then if thats the only way. Thanks.

R.I.P Simon, we barely knew ye.

I am finding this preposterously difficult.

I just got to
Ludwig
, who I am struggling immensely to even touch.[/spoiler] But the worst part is running all the way from the lantern when I did. Other than the
shortcut door in the Cathedral
, is there any way to get back to
Ludwig?

Because it sucks to have to put so much work on every time I die.

I just got to
Ludwig
, who I am struggling immensely to even touch.[/spoiler] But the worst part is running all the way from the lantern when I did. Other than the
Ludwig?

Theres a lamp to the right. As you're running down the alley to reach Ludwig, there's the big guys with the cannons, stick to your right instead of left. Go up a hill and there's a lamp, that way you can just jet across the river straight to Good Ole' Luddy

I just got to
Ludwig
Ludwig?

There's one just before the boss room, behind the big dude with the massive Ludwig Rifle and to the right in a chapel.

This is pretty tricky at level 40, and I can see why enemies drop so many blood vials. Parrying has never been so critical. A couple hours in and I like it a lot. There's been some fun surprises and interesting sections
like where the hunters fight the beasts, and you can use the situation to your advantage.

Theres a lamp to the right. As you're running down the alley to reach Ludwig, there's the big guys with the cannons, stick to your right instead of left. Go up a hill and there's a lamp, that way you can just jet across the river straight to Good Ole' Luddy

There's one just before the boss room, behind the big dude with the massive Ludwig Rifle and to the right in a chapel.

I just found it myself. I can't believe I missed it at first. Thank you!

lunlunqq

Wait what? WOH is by far the easiest boss in the game :d. I don't even think I ever have spent more than a few healing items on it. FG and BSB are way harder.

I never spent a single potion on them. They always kill me with a single shot... Magic ring, grab, poke eyes, and done...

I never spent a single potion on them. They always kill me with a single shot... Magic ring, grab, poke eyes, and done...
Damn, that's unreal.

I'm with the others who say WOH are basically free XP. I've never even been grabbed by them. They just sit there while their summons do the work.

When are you fighting them? They should be your fifth boss, I think, after Amelia/BSB.

For anyone who's finished the DLC.........I have a theory.

The horrible-looking corpse that the Orphan crawls out of......is that the dead body of Kos itself?

What do you think?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Ugh forgot that my save was at the start of NG++ immediately after platinuming the game with the final ending. Really don't want to jump into the DLC on NG++ after such hiatus, nor do I want to start entirely over.

Ugh.

Rozart

Oh god. The
hospital area
after the first boss. I'm getting Tower of Latria-esque chills here. Everytime I
step on those clinking glass bottles (who knew glass bottles could be that LOUD), my stomach lurches.

aly

For anyone who's finished the DLC.........I have a theory.

The horrible-looking corpse that the Orphan crawls out of......is that the dead body of Kos itself?

What do you think?

It is. Kos is the parent, which is why the boss is an orphan. Kos's orphan. Throwing the placenta of it's dead mother at you :(

Jharp

Trying to refamiliarize myself with Bloodborne before I jump into the DLC later this week, what do you guys recommend? I have an SL180 character in new game+ that I just did TONS of chalice dungeons with, and an SL75 toon that's in regular NG. I figured I would jump onto her and do more chalice stuff. I haven't played since May, but I did put almost 200 hours in. It's been long enough that I've forgotten a good chunk of stuff, but I played enough that I'm not getting pounded where I left off.

fastmower

Trying to refamiliarize myself with Bloodborne before I jump into the DLC later this week, what do you guys recommend? I have an SL180 character in new game+ that I just did TONS of chalice dungeons with, and an SL75 toon that's in regular NG. I figured I would jump onto her and do more chalice stuff. I haven't played since May, but I did put almost 200 hours in. It's been long enough that I've forgotten a good chunk of stuff, but I played enough that I'm not getting pounded where I left off.
Do the NG character. 180 is too high for NG+.

Oh god. The
hospital area
after the first boss. I'm getting Tower of Latria-esque chills here. Everytime I
step on those clinking glass bottles (who knew glass bottles could be that LOUD), my stomach lurches.

Hah funny you say that, I did too. At first I thought it was gonna be Octopus head guys, I was like OH SHEEEET, but nah, haha

myco666

lvl75 is really good for the DLC. It is little bit higher than recommended but not by much. Also that NG+ character is way higher than recommended lvl.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
All this time I didn't know insight fucked up your frenzy resistance. I was at 99 for quite a long time. Still am lol

So, I am on NG+++. I have been playing and clearing Depth 5 Chalices for the last couple of months and consider myself competent at Bloodborne. I am level 202 with everything but Bloodtinge at their soft caps.

This DLC is destroying me. No pity.

I was able to get up to the
Grand Cathedral
and grab the item from the thing without much difficulty. Even the hunters were going down without much of a fight.

But then you get to the
Central Yharnam
area and things are much, much, harder. I opened the shortcut, and then spent about an hour trying to beat the hunter with the
gattling gun
. And I just couldn't even. The fact he can heal was really screwing me up.

So, finally, I decide to just run by him. Clearly he is guarding something and I can at least go grab it before I die again.

Then I drop down into the room
filled with beasts, including a Bloodstarved Beast, and couldn't even get my bearings before I was killed again.

I've had some holy shit moments in this game, but none quite like that. Now I'm trying to make a dent on the first boss, who does not even care I am hitting him.

Tahnit

Banned
https://twitter.com/giwamasa/status/669135150538600448?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Bloodborne The Old Hunters is out today (11/24)! Here's a secret something to comme morate the day.

CUk-3hmUEAA3KYB.jpg

apparently this was tweeted on the bloodborne official twitter acct. Anyone know how to get this?

Okay after a 2 hour break, I went ahead a beat the optional reskin boss it deserves more credit than I gave it at first.....better than blue smelter demon for sure

Jharp

Do the NG character. 180 is too high for NG+.

lvl75 is really good for the DLC. It is little bit higher than recommended but not by much. Also that NG+ character is way higher than recommended lvl.

Sorry, he's actually 169, which I'm guessing is still too high for NG+, but on him I basically stopped beating bosses and just focused entirely on chalice dungeons. I think I got to the first Pthumeru Ihyll level and couldn't beat my head against the wall any longer, which is when I made the character that I got to SL75.

Heartfyre

I don't think there are many on the fence, but if you are, don't be. This expansion is spectacular. I'm having to reorder my "favourite Souls bosses" list.

Mandelbo

Giving
Ludwig
a break for the time being - I've gotten into phase 2
HOLY SHIT THAT CUTSCENE
of the fight, but I'm just getting sloppier as I go on. Hopefully I'll come back refreshed and ready to win!

Also kinda annoyed that I'm finding so few skill weapons. I really wanted to use the
whirligig saw
:(

Has anyone found the new
shield
? I'm wondering if it is usable with the transformed
Beast Cutter
considering that weapon does not have a transformed charge attack, and instead allows you to use a side arm. I could see combat with the
Beast Cutter + Shield
being pretty fun.

Carcetti

Build question: does the DLC have good weapons for an arcane build? I've wanted to make a new arcane character for a while and that could give me the motivation for it.

Top Bottom