• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Hunters that respawn and have whips that have twice the reach of any of your weapons and clip through rocks and cover. Good start.

What level are people who are playing on NG+ at for the dlc?

Around lvl 100, it's going to be a tough ride but I'm not going to level up. Love the challenge.

Anybody having connection issues with the server? Most of the time when I load into the game it tells me I lost connection and immediately goes back to the title menu. So I have no choice but to play in offline mode.

Aces&Eights

Excited to try this tonight.

Don't remember if I'm on NG+3 or NG+2. I'm level 172, so I fear NG+3 : It's been a while since I've played, so kinda concerned I'll get my shit completely kicked in.

Did the same thing as you, mate. Havnt played in a spell and am on ng+. First enemy wrecked me. Part of the problem is I've breezed through the base game on + with my ludwig+10 so I think I was cocky. The hunters in the dlc don't give two shits about your +10 weapon lol.

wiibomb

btw, I guess I should ask, which would be your recommended level to jump in the DLC? not the one it is recommended officially, but more a level where I won't suffer an unbearable pain and neither be a cake walk?

Dayum the first boss is destroying me. I can confirm he was piss easy on the stage demo I tried last month. I just love how different he feels and more aggressive in the real game. Really fun fight despite me being too reckless and dying a lot

I am at level 230 and new game plus 2, yet the enemies are kicking my ass. If I didnt have Ludwig I would be only making small chip damage on bosses.
I really like the new weapons, but they are a bit too weak to be useful, so I am mainly using the Bow/Blade as a supplemt to Ludwig. Already the DLC has redeemed its worth just by playing the first area. I had my concerns as I wasnt impressed by playing a stage demo.

silva1991

Uploaded the optional boss fight to YT if anyone is interested.

Optional boss

edit.

It felt pretty much fixed/ better version of Celestial Emissary. Not the best fight but way better than CE.

Yup. much much much better than
CE

+

Lady Maria is Awesome!, it's like fighting an awesome assassin from Asscreed universe that is actually well made :p

myco666

Yup. much much much better than
CE

+

Lady Maria is Awesome!, it's like fighting an awesome assassin from Asscreed universe that is actually well made :p

It is pretty great and anime as fuck. Loved every minute of it.

btw, I guess I should ask, which would be your recommended level to jump in the DLC? not the one it is recommended officially, but more a level where I won't suffer an unbearable pain and neither be a cake walk?

70-90 maybe. Depends on how you distribute stats. If you have 50 Vit and 40 on chosen damage stat it will be pretty easy on NG.

Holy fucking shit first area spoiler

Going back in that cave on the river of blood, fighting that hunter with the Gatling Gun, then LOL HEY BLOODSTARVED BEAST AS A REGULAR ENEMY.
That was fucking INSANE. Went through every vial i had, but beat him.

Wow. I haven't ragequit a game in years, but I can't beat L
udwig. I'm not even getting to his second form anymore (which honestly seems much more manageable if I had any blood vials left).
I'll probably make an entirely new character tonight.

Bebpo

Banned
Depending on your level, you can kill cleric beast, father g, buy the key, kill vicar in about an hour, or less, in NG+.

The way the DLC is done in these games is as if it was always part of the game, it's completely integrated.

Yeah, it really depends on your level.

If you finished the main game around lvl.60-80, yeah you can get to the DLC in NG+ in an hour or two, but you'll need to spend [x] hours leveling to 120+ to do the DLC, Could be 5-10 hours worth of grind, not sure the quickest way to level up.
Otoh if you start a new character you need to get your character from lvl.1-60 & get to the end of the main game to get your weapon level up to do the DLC in NG and I'm sure that's gotta take at least 5-10 hours to get there.

So depending on your level and where you are it can require a good chunk of time to get to the DLC and be able to actually enjoy and do the DLC.

polychron

So I beat the first boss this morning. The music is amazing, particularly when
you get him below half health, and the the games musical motif kicks in
. It really gives you a sense of a tense, life or death struggle moreso than almost any other track on the soundtrack apart from maybe
the Gehrman fight music

Croyles

Gotta ask it, did you pick up the old hunters bell in the beginning? It's up the steps a bit from the eye.

Edit: wait, isn't Henrietta down a bit further? Amelias room didn't have any summon for me either. Henrietta was down on the way to the first boss.

I am where it's supposed to be, by the gate that opens the way to the Cathedral Ward lamp. It's not there. I have the Old Hunters bell, 4 insight, and my dlc is bought and installed (at least it says so).

Anbec7

Question, when you access the DLC you get the cutscene but.. I remember that you get a stone and get grabbed and you appear on a castle, any ideas on how to access that area now?
I created a new character just for this and don't want to jump into the DLC yet

Aces&Eights

Fighting the hunters is good fun, especially considering they respawn each time to warp to the Hunter's Nightmare.

So do they stop spawning after you kill them a few times like some enemies did in the base game? I'm thinking about farming the first area to get used to my beast whip thingy but I don't want them to disappear forever.

Man, this dlc sucks so far. Reused assets everywhere, endless enemy clipping, and fucking more gatling fun bullshit(the bit in the main game is fun though)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Scared to hear there are so many hunters. I found them MUCH more difficult than the actual bosses. My Ludwig can cut down a boss's health pretty quickly, but it's WAY too slow to be helpful against Hunters. It's just not fast enough.

This DLC is going to rape me, isn't it?

WAIT!!! Hunters respawn, now, too?!

Why. Whyyyyyyy?

jmaine_ph

Scared to hear there are so many hunters. I found them MUCH more difficult than the actual bosses. My Ludwig can cut down a boss's health pretty quickly, but it's WAY too slow to be helpful against Hunters. It's just not fast enough.

Yes. Yes it is.

These hunters don't have nearly as much health. Parry my friend.

Trevelyan

Banned
So I beat the first boss this morning. The music is amazing, particularly when
you get him below half health, and the the games musical motif kicks in
. It really gives you a sense of a tense, life or death struggle moreso than almost any other track on the soundtrack apart from maybe
the Gehrman fight music

I haven't played the DLC yet... will once I'm back home from the Thanksgiving week, but I absolutely adored the fight with Ebrietas. I would purposely lose just so I could walk back into the arena with the music playing.

mellow

beat
Ludwig
on my 2nd attempt barely, I had him down to about 1/20th with no vials left and just got lucky that I backed him into a corner and kept rolling and slashing at him. Wouldn't have been able to do it without
Valtr
who got promptly taken out in the second half of the fight, but without him there's no way I'd have kept enough vials to last. Amazing fight though, not sure if it tops Gehrman but it's definitely up there among my top 5 across the entire Soulsborne series.

Ferr986

Ok, just reached the first boss and shit has just too much HP (NG++). Wouldnt be that bad otherwise but maaaan....

I still think I can do it. Reaching around half HP for now,.

So far I think I prefer the Dark Souls II DLC, but it's still pretty good albeit short (like Bloodborne in general, sadly).

(Weapon Spoiler)
Rakuyo
is pretty damn amazing and I liked the boss fights. I wrecked (Boss Spoiler)
Lady Maria
on the first try though, gets completely shut down by Augur of Ebrietas.

Augur post patch is fantastic, by the way and allows for no gun builds very nicely. I ran a no gun Blade of Mercy build before the patch and just beat enemies without Viscerals, so it's even more fun now.

Where's the goddamn blood rock.

Anyway, three bosses down and reached the fourth one. This is an incredible expansion and I'm sad that I'm nearly done with it at 10 hours.

So, stat suggestions? I'm starting off with a new skill character I had made back when I first beat the game. I had gotten up to Old Yharnam (which I just passed through all the way to the shortcut that takes you to the BSB area in one shot just now, I guess I remembered all my training). Anyway, there are a couple of cool weapons I'm looking forward to using in the DLC when I get there, namely:

Beasthunter Saif
Church Pick
Rakuyo
Simon's Bowblade

So two questions, first, what stats should I focus on, here is where I'm at currently:

V 19
E 16
St 9
Sk 18
B 7
A 8

And two, how exactly does the Arcane stat work? Is it kind of worthless unless you specifically set gems into your weapons that change it? And once you do that, isn't your starting stat (str, skl) then worthless?

myco666

Where's the goddamn blood rock.

Anyway, three bosses down and reached the fourth one. This is an incredible expansion and I'm sad that I'm nearly done with it at 10 hours.

The Bloodrock is found in the cave area of Fishing Hamlet. Go right from where you meet the Winter Lanterns.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Yeah, it really depends on your level.

If you finished the main game around lvl.60-80, yeah you can get to the DLC in NG+ in an hour or two, but you'll need to spend [x] hours leveling to 120+ to do the DLC

Oh man I'm in this situation I'm not sure I want to frind that long to reach 120+ level :\

Afrocious

Hahahaha. For REAL. Have you gone right past the carriage into the cave yet?

Fuck that cave lol. Jesus.
I do want that gattling gun though. #HunterGoals

I went the other way down the stream as well and got fucked by a ton of enemies. I'm assuming the cave is optional based on what I gather from this thread.

Alucrid

Banned
do you have to do something special to summon old hunters in the DLC? i have the old hunter bell but i can't find any summon signs

Korezo

What is the pvp lvl meta? Is it 40,60, or 80? I want to lvl my guy because I have no health and get wrecked with one hits. Also does 86 insight affect anything?

Just wondering, I'm a couple of hours into a NG+ beat Gascoigne, bought the key for the gate to Amelia. Just tried her again and it was just an exercise in wasting time, my weapon does so little damage, eventually got her down to quarter health but she does the regen to half health again, this happened about 4 or 5 times. I can't get her down quick enough before she does the regen. Would it be quicker to start a new game, grind for a key and go back to Amelia? I think the NG+ness is tripping me up here.

lunlunqq

I finally got to the DLC area but got my ass handed to me repeatedly by those damn hunters... The best I could do was to kill 4 of them, then 5th one killed me. And they respawn... this is impossible.

That section is AMAZING

That's....one word for it. Hahaha.

I wondered in there last night... made it out by the skin of my teeth after using fire paper to buff the great sword in a last ditch effort to get out of the lair.

Same. Jesus christ that was something else.

Fuck that cave lol. Jesus.
I do want that gattling gun though. #HunterGoals

I went the other way down the stream as well and got fucked by a ton of enemies. I'm assuming the cave is optional based on what I gather from this thread.

That gatling gun hunter is the last thing you need to worry about in there. Seriously. hahaha.

Top Bottom