• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Maddanth

RIght you dont have to be IN the League to summon them. The 1.07 patch just adds the function.
So how do u summon an NPC? I was playing Bloodborne Sunday night and those messengers gave an an "Old Hunters Bell" but I can't seem to find it anywhere in my inventory. Any help would be appreciated?

So how do u summon an NPC? I was playing Bloodborne Sunday night and those messengers gave an an "Old Hunters Bell" but I can't seem to find it anywhere in my inventory. Any help would be appreciated?

It's a key item; it can only be used in certain instances. The "summon signs" for Old Hunter NPCs will be a cluster of messengers glowing red. You can only use the bell while on top of one.

bill.cosby

Neo Member
I cannot wait to dig into this! Watched a little bit of a stream, looked like just more of what I loved about Bloodborne.

Trying to finish Witcher 3 (love it) before I jump into the DLC, but it is super hard right now not to stray from that path

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
This might be a really stupid question(yes I read the OPs post but wanted to make sure), there is absolutely no way to purchase this version of the game on disc in America?

Also, if I import the EU version, will I be playing on their servers?

mekes

I think your save file should indicate you are in NG+ or NG++.

From what I read in this thread, recommended levels are the following:

60 ng
120 ng+
170+ ng++

Good info there, thanks for sharing! Been getting my ass handed to me at Lv96 on NG+. Thought I might be out of shape since I haven't played since Springtime but maybe I just need to level up a little :)

Hunters that respawn and have whips that have twice the reach of any of your weapons and clip through rocks and cover. Good start.

What level are people who are playing on NG+ at for the dlc?

(Third Boss)
Maria seemed a little easy but I was parrying like a motherfucker throughout the entire fight. Really cool overall though.

Despera

Banned
So I just beat
Ludwig
on NG+3. Had zero vials left with a little over half my health and the strike that brought the boss down was a visceral attack.

The struggle was real, but that was a very satisfying way to end a good fight.

The DLC is hard on NG+3 when you're only lvl 176 with 50 vit. I had to equip runes that increased max HP so I don't get one shot by the boss (a few of their attacks are guaranteed ohko).

I hope the next few bosses provide the same level of challenge.

gunstarhero

Good info there, thanks for sharing! Been getting my ass handed to me at Lv96 on NG+. Thought I might be out of shape since I haven't played since Springtime but maybe I just need to level up a little :)

Yeah - judging from the talent pool in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if those level recommendations are a little low for me. I'm not the best BB player, but managed to beat all the optional bosses except for Martyr Logarius, and needed help with Gherman in NG.

I just started NG+ at lvl96 - I'm guessing I'll need to be 130+ to survive.

mellow

Ouch. I'm getting worked over by the special hunters pretty frequently. They pack a punch (NG++ level 130) Ludwig's Holy Blade kinda carried me through the game but it doesn't do all that much damage to these guys. IDK if it was nerfed in the months I haven't played or something. Only encountered the one boss so far.

Okay, I'm feeling pretty lost right now. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm in the
Research Hall
(second area) and I've
unlocked the first elevator shortcut.
But, now I have no idea where I'm supposed to go.

Also, should I
attack Ludwig's dismembered head? Is there any reason to keep it alive?

Ogawa-san

All done with the DLC, trophies and all.

I wish they hadn't made the optional boss a secret too, if it weren't for trophies telling me I was missing something and someone pointing out where to get it, I would've missed completely. I mean,
who checks under elevators
? But From gotta From.

I also kinda wish I hadn't gone on that NG 150 char and +10 weapons, it does remove the challenge from bosses - in the end I haven't died to any. Also I couldn't get a single co-op, either ringing for or to help. On the other hand, with less health I'd be seeing a lot of one-shots, especially from
Maria

All in all, Research Hall >= Tower of Latria, yes? Even if a tad brighter.

Fhtagn

I don't think there has ever been a large boss that can be parried in BB so probably no

you can parry/stun a lot (all?) of the bigger bosses for visceral attacks, but not always with a gun / sometimes with weird timings or just accumulated damaged on a specific body part.

Yeah, in NG+ you can buy the key right away because you already have the badge, otherwise you couldn't see Hemwick Charnel Lane in the daytime right?

I forgot you keep it in NG+, I assumed you lost it as it's a key item!

cheesekao

you can parry/stun a lot (all?) of the bigger bosses for visceral attacks, but not always with a gun / sometimes with weird timings or just accumulated damaged on a specific body
I was talking about parrying specifically as in "shoot and the enemy staggers". I know that they can be visceraled through other means but those aren't considered parries.

Aces&Eights

The old hunter summon Henriett (before Vicar Amelia) doesn't appear for me, anyone know why?

Gotta ask it, did you pick up the old hunters bell in the beginning? It's up the steps a bit from the eye.

Edit: wait, isn't Henrietta down a bit further? Amelias room didn't have any summon for me either. Henrietta was down on the way to the first boss.

Aces&Eights

So do we have a code for coopGAF? A universal password for summoning other members? As soon as my laundry is done I'm going to be on my way to the first boss and since I have old man reflexes, I'm gonna need some damn help.

Level 127ish, ng+.

silva1991

The second boss was disappointing :(

bunch of mobs that share one health bar is always bad.
at least the fighting arena was cool.

myco666

Uploaded the optional boss fight to YT if anyone is interested.

Optional boss

edit.

The second boss was disappointing :(

bunch of mobs that share one health bar is always bad.
at least the fighting arena was cool.

It felt pretty much fixed/ better version of Celestial Emissary. Not the best fight but way better than CE.

How do I get the Moonlight Sword?

Anyone needs help on the first boss?

Are the (second boss)
Living Failures meant to be the Emissary reskin? Because I don't really think "reskin" is fair.

Looks like emissary 2.0, loved their experiments with the Sun instead of the Moon. Looks like the Sun is stronger than the moon I dunno why they dropped the project, maybe too powerful to control?

Spoo

Excited to try this tonight.

Don't remember if I'm on NG+3 or NG+2. I'm level 172, so I fear NG+3 :\ It's been a while since I've played, so kinda concerned I'll get my shit completely kicked in.

Boss spoiler
Maria Boss was awesome. I managed to beat her my second time. Stunlocking her into oblivion with my chikage helped a ton.

Top Bottom