• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

I went the other way down the stream as well and got fucked by a ton of enemies. I'm assuming the cave is optional based on what I gather from this thread.
If you go the other way, you will see a bridge
spanning across the blood creek with all the spider bitches.. run up the steps on the left, and across the bridge, to unlock a shortcut.

DLC is so good just beat L
udwig
. His
sword form
is amazing with the soundtrack playing. It was so badass dodging side to side against his
energy blades
with choir in the soundtrack playing, honestly that was so good.

Any tip for the long big jump from the first boss? Nomatter how I run or roll he falls down me, almost one shotting me.

Roll, just roll. You'll see bloodsplatter fall hinting at his position. That's how I done it.
Zig zaggy like.

Can anyone recommend either the
Boom Hammer
or
Amygdala's Arm
as a replacement to my Ludwig? Bare in mind I'm not specced for arcane, just strength.

Afrocious

If you go the other way, you will see a bridge
spanning across the blood creek with all the spider bitches.. run up the steps on the left, and across the bridge, to unlock a shortcut.

I will now refer to them henceforth as spider bitches.

Question, are you saying head left from that dark house?

Ferr986

DLC is so good just beat L
udwig
. His
sword form
is amazing with the soundtrack playing. It was so badass dodging side to side against his
energy blades
with choir in the soundtrack playing, honestly that was so good.

Roll, just roll. You'll see bloodsplatter fall hinting at his position. That's how I done it.
Zig zaggy like.

Allrighty, yeah last try I evaded it and reached
second form
WTF LOL!

Feels like the Sif tactic works quite well. Evade towards him and onto his legs. This new part of the battle.... yeah not sure yet how I'll do it lol

Makeda

Just properly started my many month dormant NG+ run and after running into some issues with Father Gasgoine I'm instantly reminded why Bloodborne's community rocks!

Rather embarrassingly I was getting getting my ass kicked as I'm incredibly rusty thanks to not playing the game for a good few months and despite failing a good few times in silly ways I never once got any trash talk from my co-op partners (might have helped that I also apologized for my nu-noobness too) such a stark contrast from my last played match on Rocket Leauge where I had the misfortune of running into troll-racists who can't communicate in anything other than racial slurs :p

Nose Master

Lol. Rushed through a new game on my roomie's PS4 cause I'm cheap, @ level 29 or so with only a +4 Saw Spear. Didn't even mess with the hunters, holy shit. I get almost one shot by everything they do, and a visceral does about 10%. Not gonna grind. /crossarms

BumRush

Played the DLC for 10 minutes just to make sure I didn't have any preorder trouble and holy shit at the atmosphere...my favorite area in the game so far (ambience-wise)

Soriku

Scared to hear there are so many hunters. I found them MUCH more difficult than the actual bosses. My Ludwig can cut down a boss's health pretty quickly, but it's WAY too slow to be helpful against Hunters. It's just not fast enough.

This DLC is going to rape me, isn't it?

WAIT!!! Hunters respawn, now, too?!

Why. Whyyyyyyy?

I find my Ludwig pretty effective against hunters. Just look for openings, keep dodging, and strike. The 2 hand is better as you want to deal enough damage with each hit.

Ferr986

Nope, can't do it. Shit has too much HP.

Gonna have to make a new char or use another one.... If I can't even go past the first boss Im sure as hell I won't beat it at NG++

Fhtagn

So frustrating this launched on a Tuesday when I have so much to get done instead of this previous friday leading into a weekend when I could have dedicated myself entirely to playing this.

Agram

I'm level 200 in NG++++ so it is very difficult, but doable. Still, I regret finishing the game yesterday.
Just beat L
udwig
after 10 tries or so, expansion feels amazing so far.

I wanna know, how's the Holy Moonlight Sword at +10? I've been using Ludwig's blade and Blades of Mercy so far but want to switch to something else. Is it good or does it require high arcane for its second phase.
Also, is the bow powerful? Can't wait to find it.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
So, for those that have been playing all day; two questions:

1. Does the 10-15hr time to completion sound about right for a normal player mid-game?
2. Is there a clear point of knowing where the DLC ends? Like, is there a "final boss" that is alluded to?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I decided to roll yet ANOTHER new character, this game going for an Arcane build. Probably will go for the Moonlight Sword too. Any tips from any of you Arcane people? I don't know where to start here.

50 Arcane that's for sure. But that else?

I have found this to be extremely helpful for build planning in the souls series, and now they added the DLC items for Bloodborne.

https://www.mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne

Thanks for posting this, looks like with the scaling, the
Whirligig
might be slightly better than LHB for my build of 30 Str, 25 Skl. I am beyond happy that it is that weapon in particular.

Haven't this checked either, but due to its nature I wonder if that weapon does additional damage to beasts.

Havent beaten sl4 l
udwig
yet, but i feel i've mastered the first half.

I'll spoiler tag some tips for dodging the first half attacks
  • Slow charge
    - Keep dodging to one side when it starts.
  • Fast charge
    - perfect dodge timing to the left
  • "normal moves"- dodge backwards from every attack, you can't be punished after the quad swipe window. Be carefull after the first swipe, incase he goes into the lunge attack and you need a delayed dodge backwards
  • Jump
    - Dodge forward to the left

I'm level 200 in NG++++ so it is very difficult, but doable. Still, I regret finishing the game yesterday.
Just beat L
udwig
after 10 tries or so, expansion feels amazing so far.

I wanna know, how's the Holy Moonlight Sword at +10? I've been using Ludwig's blade and Blades of Mercy so far but want to switch to something else. Is it good or does it require high arcane for its second phase.
Also, is the bow powerful? Can't wait to find it.

I have upgraded the bow weapon till level 9 but it isnt really any amazing weapon. Just very useful at being fast (first form) and using the bow for clearing difficult enemies from afar. I like it at least for giving two unique options. A fair warning is that the weapon is more useful for Bloodtinge builds (than Arcane which is mine)

Holy shit at your NG level. I am overleveled compared to you and having difficulties at NG++ with the DLC.

Random Area 1 pics

Bloodbornetrade_20151124125717.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124125807.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124131011.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124131135.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124131343.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124131552.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124133021.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124134259.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124134935.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124135105.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124135947.jpg

myco666

Does anyone know if this introduces one more Blood Rock into the main game?

There is atleast one Blood Rock in the DLC.

edit.
So, for those that have been playing all day; two questions:

1. Does the 10-15hr time to completion sound about right for a normal player mid-game?
2. Is there a clear point of knowing where the DLC ends? Like, is there a "final boss" that is alluded to?

1. Highly dependant on your skill and if you are overleveled. I would say 10 hours max but again this is really dependant on how much you die.
2. It is pretty clear what is the final boss. Atleast once you beat it.

Agram

storafötter;186645956 said:
I have upgraded the bow weapon till level 9 but it isnt really any amazing weapon. Just very useful at being fast (first form) and using the bow for clearing difficult enemies from afar. I like it at least for giving two unique options.

Holy shit at your NG level. I am overleveled compared to you and having difficulties at NG++ with the DLC.
Aww man, I had high hopes for the bow but I will try it regardless.

mellow

I neglected arcane so I still need 6 levels to use the
moonlight greatsword

I'm not sure if I want to level that to +10 or the weapon Valtr uses because that just looks so good

Despera

Banned
Talk to Ludwigs head. It is close to the stairs.
Actually I spoke to him at first but he started neighing and stopped talking for some reason, so I did what I always do with any new significant encounter.

First I did the make contact gesture, nothing happened. Second I wore the choir attire, and he started speaking normally again and gave me the moonlight sword (after answering yes to his question).

myco666

Actually I spoke to him at first but he started neighing and stopped talking for some reason, so I did what I always do with any new significant encounter.

First I did the make contact gesture, nothing happened. Second I wore the choir attire, and he started speaking normally again and gave me the moonlight sword (after answering yes to his question).

So Church attire is required? I use Executioner set exclusively so I got it immediately.

mellow

I'm getting Marvelous Chester vibes from the NPC near the first lamp shortcut, I dig his outfit so I hope I can find it in the DLC.

Top Bottom