• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Soulflarz

Banned
I have 2.4mil, I really shoudlnt be testing my luck lolo

I think at some point you stop caring

Like im 135 or so, but I know I could hit 200 with minimal effort, which is why 1.9m isn't a ton

Then again....still on NG, just doing endgame chalices and such.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
BSB
outta nowhere!
Totally cheesed it. It can't get past the carriage outside of the cave.

Hale_C

Killed
maria
on my first try, it was insanely close though, burned through every vial and bullet. At least her attacks weren't half as damaging as
ludwig
for the most part. Ng+ SL 118.

Also, re moonlight sword, I only have 16 arcane- is it going to be worth me investing in it?

Audioboxer

Thanks for the tips on the last few pages guys. New character is going to be a STR build. Looks good for the DLC weapons! I'll throw in a little arcane.

finalflame

Is the moonlight sword even worth it if I'm not gonna level Arcane? I'm already level 120 and focused on Str/Skill. Seems like a waste to even try to use it considering most of its scaling comes from Arcane :/

mellow

jesus, that hunter that drops the
church pick
was not playing around, pretty much had to cheese him after a few deaths, does anyone know how to open the locked door that
the guy who asks if you can hear the bell ring or something is behind? I think I'm in the final area of the DLC but still haven't found a way inside yet

Is the moonlight sword even worth it if I'm not gonna level Arcane? I'm already level 120 and focused on Str/Skill. Seems like a waste to even try to use it considering most of its scaling comes from Arcane :/

You can use it untransformed, if that helps better go for the Rakuyo or another weapon

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Positively do not give up. I'm on NG+++ as well. But you can absolutely do this.

1. What is your Arcane? Is the Phantasm Shell viable for you at all? You can definitely use the Phantasm Shell to add some damage to your attacks, which is really great for practicing, because it only costs three bullets. Once you can predictably get to the second phase, you can start using Fire Paper for an even bigger benefit. But it's good to be good enough to get to that second phase so you don't just waste all your precious paper.

2. Make use of regain. He usually has a considerable cool down between all of his attacks, so even if he takes away half of your health, you can recover a lot of it by just charging and wailing on him. This may even be an intended strategy, because the rune he drops boosts regain.

3. Don't be afraid to unlock and run away as fast as you can when you have to heal. You may have noticed you sometimes heal just to have him immediately slash away everything you just recovered. It is very hard to heal up close.

4. You should definitely be using a heavy weapon like the Hunter's Axe or Ludwig's to take advantage of stun.

5. In the second phase, it can be relatively safe to be RIGHT UP on him, because his swings will often miss. You can sort of camp there until he starts charging an area of effect attack, which is your cue to flee and heal.

6. You can do this.

Thank you, that's the confidence boost I needed to hear :) It's gonna have to wait until tomorrow though because it's late. But I'll go back at it tomorrow for sure.

mellow

I'm 30 str/30 skill but I leveled to the min arcane for it, it's at +8 currently and does about 80 less damage than my ludwig's sword +10, worth it for how cool the effect when 2 handing is

Arjen

jesus, that hunter that drops the
church pick
was not playing around, pretty much had to cheese him after a few deaths, does anyone know how to open the locked door that
the guy who asks if you can hear the bell ring or something is behind? I think I'm in the final area of the DLC but still haven't found a way inside yet

You need to complete the final area for that door to unlock.

OneUh8

Vire

This game has taught me to not trust anything.

I'm talking to the first NPC in the DLC and I'm fucking terrified, just waiting for him to one hit kill me when I got 100,000 souls.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Out of the new weapons, which ones have good skill scaling?

beep

Amy arm - A str / C arc
Beast. Saif - B skl / C arc
Beast Cut. - C str
Bloodletter - A str / S bloodtinge / C arc
Boom hammer - A str / C arc
Church Pick - B skl / C arc
Moonlight - B str / C skl / A arc
Kos Para. - S arc
Rakuyo - A skl
Simon's - S skl / S bloodtinge / C arc

Whirl saw - S str / B arc

Doomsayer

I played yesterday for about 30 minutes, I'm level 178 on NG+++, am I totally fucked?

I have two other characters but they were experimental builds and I don't really feel like tackling the DLC on someone that isn't my main.

I got to the
river of blood
and stopped (because it was late and responsibilities). Nothing really gave me a hard time, but I died a few times. I have about 2 million blood echoes - should I use them?

Melchiah

No wonder I've had so hard time with my 60lvl character. I guess I'll need to farm echoes a bit. Seems like the second playthrough with my 216lvl NG+ veteran will be easier.

BTW, is there any good gems to be found for my rookie in the first Pthumeru chalices? I don't remember anymore, as it's been a while since I did them.

Mandelbo

Gonna call it quits for tonight - I'm at the top of the R
esearch Hall
, just raised the central column. I've found L
awrence's Skull and activated his boss fight,
but I died extraordinarily quickly so I decided to leave it for later. So I'm reading in here that L
awrence
is the optional boss? So there's more after I kill M
aria
? One of my friends told me I needed the yharnam stone for something but I don't know if he was just talking out of his ass - can someone confirm that I don't need the yharnam stone to fully complete the DLC?

The sword requires bullets to use its arcane power which is lame.
I prefer seeing how many shots I have left and being able to use my sword when I have no bullets instead of the attacks using durability and never using the magic attacks in fear of the sword breaking.

I have like 500 bullets and vials in stock anyway. I can shoot and make blood bullets all day.

Melchiah

Could someone answer one question without any spoiling details... Does it have any effect on the DLC and its NPCs if you go past Rom (or any other main game pre-ending boss for that matter)? I ask because I left my character there just in case, but the Blood Chunks and gems you get past her would help.

BumRush

Could someone answer one question without any spoiling details... Does it have any effect on the DLC and its NPCs if you go past Rom (or any other main game pre-ending boss for that matter)? I ask because I left my character there just in case, but the Blood Chunks and gems you get past her would help.

I cannot say yes or no yet but I haven't heard or read one comment that would lead me to believe that it does impact the DLC. Go get those chunks.

BriGuy

Was big L supposed to be the first boss I encountered? I feel like wandering around haphazardly and don't want to miss anything.

finalflame

After first boss spoilers, but before second.

Can someone tell me
what to do to get through that door after Ludwig, where the person behind it asks if you can hear the bell? I told him "No" and now his dialog os "hostile" and the door is locked. I've beat the DLC and can't find a key. Halp?

Top Bottom