• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

The Threaded Cane is a weak weapon with a very low stamina cost. It also has very long reach and a 20% damage bonus against beasts in whip mode. The Threaded Cane is great for evasive players who can master its moveset for maximum damage output. It's definitely a popular favorite.

You should always use the weapon YOU are most comfortable with using. No matter what that is. Lots of players are only really good with one weapon. The Threaded Cane is one of them.

If you were able to beat powerful bosses like Ebrietas and Martyr Logarius with your Threaded Cane, I wouldn't be too worried about anything in the DLC.

But the first boss is EXTREMELY HARD. The Prima guide says it's harder than most bosses in the entire main game, and it's not kidding. Perhaps your evasion skills, though, will fare you well.

Logarius and ebrietus are nothing compared to this. My dude killed both those first run and have pretty simple starts to beat. First DLC boss is sooo much harder than those guys.

Okay so I just beat BSB (first try! boy was that not the case when I first played this game). I forget, what the hell do I do now? Do I need to buy the key to get to whats her name? Or is there another way to do that?

Side note, I just avoided gatling guy, should I not even bother going to kill him? Also, is the rifle spear any good? Or should I just stick with threaded cane until dlc?

k4n3

Banned
bloodborne is my GOTY but this DLC was a major disappointment way to short not much added as far as lore or replay value, my character couldn't use any of the new weapons as i was finding them and other then to just check them out i don't really feel like grinding levels to skill up enough to play around with them for a hour or so then what?

honestly bloodbrone was a perfect game and this is like a second layer of icing on a cake

when i beat the final boss i was like huh? thats it wait i have to be missing something but nope also beast and kin mode seem kinda gimmicky

Logarius and ebrietus are nothing compared to this. My dude killed both those first run and have pretty simple starts to beat. First DLC boss is sooo much harder than those guys.
The boss feels like a hybrid of Ebrietas and Amelia lol, like the two hardest in the game (for me)

Logarius took me a long time in the base game but that was because I was like level 38 or something. The DLC so far actually is giving me the same vibe as playing Cainhurst underlevelled.

Is there a spoiler or lore thread talking about the new stuff? I'm interested in:

The Orphan of Kos area. Wow at the scenery with many creatures bowing down along a cave to a single similar creature in the in a water with a dead dragon behind it.

This is the place where the Healing Church disposed Kosm giving it for dead yet the creature had a baby on its corpse, the females are actually praying for the baby who could probably save the village from the sinners influence. that place could be a Great one village and the healing church killed/abducted Kosm.

Ferr986

Oh man, this is the best DLC I ever played this gen

Most of them are Str, with few exception what weapon are you looking for?

You will access that door later, dont worry, for now

Thanks!

Gotta say I like the Moonlight Blade a lot, shame that my stats aren't optimal.

Well, that's all for today for me. Happy hunting!

Okay so I just beat BSB (first try! boy was that not the case when I first played this game). I forget, what the hell do I do now? Do I need to buy the key to get to whats her name? Or is there another way to do that?

Side note, I just avoided gatling guy, should I not even bother going to kill him? Also, is the rifle spear any good? Or should I just stick with threaded cane until dlc?
The old workshop.

Akara

Banned
The Threaded Cane is a weak weapon with a very low stamina cost. It also has very long reach and a 20% damage bonus against beasts in whip mode. The Threaded Cane is great for evasive players who can master its moveset for maximum damage output. It's definitely a popular favorite.

You should always use the weapon YOU are most comfortable with using. No matter what that is. Lots of players are only really good with one weapon. The Threaded Cane is one of them.

If you were able to beat powerful bosses like Ebrietas and Martyr Logarius with your Threaded Cane, I wouldn't be too worried about anything in the DLC.

But the first boss is EXTREMELY HARD. The Prima guide says it's harder than most bosses in the entire main game, and it's not kidding. Perhaps your evasion skills, though, will fare you well.

I'm using threaded cane exclusively and I'm gonna tll you right now QUIT IT! Lol jk but no really its gonna be tough

do the reskinned bosses at least feel new and unique or does it feel like I'm fighting the same boss over again

New moves, the optional boss is a reskin with a new phase

Thanks!

Gotta say I like the Moonlight Blade a lot, shame that my stats aren't optimal.

Well, that's all for today for me. Happy hunting!

Dont forget on its transformed mode the sword uses bullets and do arcane damage instead of skill

bloodborne is my GOTY but this DLC was a major disappointment way to short not much added as far as lore or replay value, my character couldn't use any of the new weapons as i was finding them and other then to just check them out i don't really feel like grinding levels to skill up enough to play around with them for a hour or so then what?

honestly bloodbrone was a perfect game and this is like a second layer of icing on a cake

when i beat the final boss i was like huh? thats it wait i have to be missing something but nope also beast and kin mode seem kinda gimmicky

The game needs a vendor who sells materials or just lower the insigh price for the Block chunks because there are too many weapons now and so little materials unless you grind for them

Ferr986

New moves, the optional boss is a reskin with a new phase

Dont forget on its transformed mode the sword uses bullets and do arcane damage instead of skill

You're right, but still , it scales better with STR unstransformed, right?. My character right now is 50 SKL/25STR/15ARC so I don't think the Moonlight sword can't compare with the Ludwigs with my stats.

The boss feels like a hybrid of Ebrietas and Amelia lol, like the two hardest in the game (for me)

Logarius took me a long time in the base game but that was because I was like level 38 or something. The DLC so far actually is giving me the same vibe as playing Cainhurst underlevelled.

Lol yeah accept I feel underleveled even though my dude has done almost everything in the main game bar the chalice dungeons.

Kinda feels like it was made for doing after you have beat all CD and never went to NG+... Which feels off to me.

If bosses had 30% less health it would prob feel ok. It's literally just their massive health pool that makes them feel wrong.

Luckily im Loving the actual levels and normal mobs. And seeing as I'm only up to second boss I'm loving almost all of it so far.

You're right, but still , it scales better with STR unstransformed, right?. My character right now is 50 SKL/25STR/15ARC so I don't think the Moonlight sword can't compare with the Ludwigs with my stats.

Yup, it cant unless you have a dedicated arcane build for that weapon.

Another landscape screenshot

Bloodbornetrade_20151124124803.jpg

Amedo310

This is the place where the Healing Church disposed Kosm giving it for dead yet the creature had a baby on its corpse, the females are actually praying for the baby who could probably save the village from the sinners influence. that place could be a Great one village and the healing church killed/abducted Kosm.

Thanks so much for the info. I'm definitely interested playing the new stuff this Christmas.

Pretty much my thoughts. Last I looked my review score was the lowest on metacritic at a 7. I don't think many will agree and that's fine. It's a nice dessert so to speak, but the main course can't be beat imo

usp84

Second boss was... interesting but that 3rd one was fantastic.

I can see this being one of the best DLCs i have played.

finalflame

Can anyone tell me if
Orphan of Kos
is the final boss in the DLC? Additionally, anyone wanna help me knock this bad boy out? Password is mtndew.

Nazo

I swear
Laurence
is going to make me pull my god damn hair out. Does he seriously need to have huge AOE's that deal 80% of your health bar on every single attack!? I think I'm going to take a break before I have an aneurysm. I'm gonna tackle that asshole tomorrow.

All the other Bosses are awesome though.

AngryMoth

Managed to beat the first boss after about 10 attempts lol.

Can someone dash my hopes now and confirm my suspicion that they didn't add a pvp arena?

Top Bottom