• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Saint9806

I'm curious how the first boss of the DLC will treat you. What level are you?

I'm Level 146. I am pretty sure it will be tough because I died at the first frenzy dude at least 8 times.

I guess my only complaint about the DLC is that they give us weapons on 0. What's the point of having cool weapons and knowing you can't use em because they are so weak on NG+ or better. It literally took me about 20 hits to kill normal mob enemies with the Beast Cutter.

ship it

Always takes me and my friends nigh on half an hour before we get connected. Little depressing, if it takes that long what's the point of a password? Just let me friggin invite people.

its pretty broke. I've just left it playing in the background while I do other stuff. and I've only connected 1 in over 3 hours.

Pretty annoying right now since I'm now just sitting in front of an un fun boss fight.

Always takes me and my friends nigh on half an hour before we get connected. Little depressing, if it takes that long what's the point of a password? Just let me friggin invite people.

for real the password system is dumb sometimes it works within 5 mins othertimes its like fuck you wait an hour ...

Omg, the weapon
Whirlwig Saw
is SO DAMN GOOD. Definitely my favorite I've gotten so far (3 bosses down), the 2H L2 attack is INSANE. Glad I tried it out!

Now I just need a Blood Rock lol

its pretty broke. I've just left it playing in the background while I do other stuff. and I've only connected 1 in over 3 hours.

Pretty annoying right now since I'm now just sitting in front of an un fun boss fight.

Yup. I was right in front of Amygdala on my NG+ for what seemed like weeks. Finally beat her solo, which felt great, but damn if I know how long I was just standing there waiting for any kind of help.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this DLC isn't screwing around. To whomever's game I joined. I tripped that gun...

Could use some help if you guys are willing. Not NG+ but level 81 to try and get through this. I'll keep using the pass too.

me too. what level are you guys, and are you searching local or worldwide?

Im 98 and was searching worldwide but now I just switched it to local.

worlwide 144 other bosses I fought earlier were not bad but laurance is a cheap bastard his second form is bullshit with
Lava leaking out of his ass!

Not sure about my guy, at work right now, but in my experience it never mattered if it was local or worldwide, always took so much time. One thing that seemed to help connection time was ringing the small bell before the beckoning, but even that has been slow connecting recently.

worlwide 144 other bosses I fought earlier were not bad but laurance is a cheap bastard his second form is bullshit with
Lava leaking out of his ass!

These guys sound so brutal. Can't wait til I get past
the blood river with exactly 50000 mosquito ladies.
:(

And Grim, I'd say you want to match Aki's settings, but even then might take a while.

Melchiah

I'm Level 146. I am pretty sure it will be tough because I died at the first frenzy dude at least 8 times.

I guess my only complaint about the DLC is that they give us weapons on 0. What's the point of having cool weapons and knowing you can't use em because they are so weak on NG+ or better. It literally took me about 20 hits to kill normal mob enemies with the Beast Cutter.

Huh, I'm playing it with a new character, and I managed to level up two that I found to 6 with the shards I had from the main game pre-Rom. I have enough shards for a third one as well. The same probably goes for my NG+ character. Shards don't cost much either.

Saint9806

Huh, I'm playing it with a new character, and I managed to level up two that I found to 6 with the shards I had from the main game pre-Rom. I have enough shards for a third one as well. The same probably goes for my NG+ character. Shards don't cost much either.

I guess you're right. I didn't want to use the shards I have yet because I know there will be better weapons down the road but I forgot that you can buy shards. You can buy everything except chunks and rocks right?

I supposedly have the dlc installed and killed amelia like a week ago how the heck to do I get access to the dlc?

Touch the skull that makes it night, go to the dream and accept the gift from the messengers, Port to cathedral ward, go out the left entrance and all the way to the right, where you picked up the top hat.

Well I've drank and smoked a little bit, back to my 20 somethingth attempt at the 1st boss

I always made the most progress in these games while inebriated. Booze makes me brave so I storm ahead, a little weed makes me highly aware of animations so I become an expert dodger.

Good luck.

Melchiah

I guess you're right. I didn't want to use the shards I have yet because I know there will be better weapons down the road but I forgot that you can buy shards. You can buy everything except chunks and rocks right?

You can buy chunks too, but they cost a lot. Which is why I'm saving them for the best ones. Luckily, I have an unused rock on my NG+ character.

EDIT:
I'm in the hunters dream and can't find the item any where.

In the stairs, outside the house. Where the main game starting weapons were.

finalflame

They really should have given you a way to respec in the game. I am so bummed to have to start an entire new character, as ALL these DLC weapons use Arcane.

Zomba13

So I've made it up to O
rphan of Kos
(boss 4).

(spoilers up to boss 4)
Really enjoying this DLC. I feel I'm probably at the end now right? I like how
this whole area was a fishing village. It was the one Lovecraft thing missing in the base game.
I like how the first location is a familiar place but distorted by the nightmare. Second area was cool too. reminded me a bit of the Dukes Archives in DS1 with the criss-crossing and stair mechanism. Also Plip Plop, Splish Splash.
I'm a robin.

First boss was super hard but I finally did it with the help of the the good constable. That weapon was very nice and I used it for most of the DLC so far. (back to Ludwig sword for now though). Second boss was ok. Easy to get overwhelmed but not too bad. Easy to parry attacks too. Third boss was really cool but hard. I called in a random human player and we beat it.

1st boss
Wtf was that gigantic ass beam Ludwig does in his second phase that seems almost unavoidable? Like I had time to run away while he was holding his sword upright and charging but that bullshit still got me. Not the smaller aoe attack he does with his sword.

I always made the most progress in these games while inebriated. Booze makes me brave so I storm ahead, a little weed makes me highly aware of animations so I become an expert dodger.

Good luck.

Thanks and similar effects lol, mainly to relieve stress.

Wagram

I don't think bosses have too much HP to be honest. They give you 20 blood vials for a reason, and outside of turtle strategies they haven't had much purpose until now.

That's my opinion of course. I was pretty harsh on the main campaign for being overly lenient, but this is properly tuned for the resources they give you, unlike most of the main game.

Top Bottom