• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

SRTtoZ

Me and you both, brother. Been rocking Kirkhammer since day 1. The saw club is the first weapon to make me wanna switch.

Yep. I actually got the Boom hammer to +10 and socketed all my good gems in it but the saw is the weapon ive wanted since I saw it in the trailer. The walk forward L2 is so nice. Time to upgrade and farm some chunks.

Trying not to read too much of this thread so as to avoid spoilers. I would like to know if I am too low level to attempt the DLC. I'm currently at level 51. I was able to make it through a decent amount of the first zone, but am now dying over and over at the
bloody area with the disgusting sucker guys all around
Yes recommend was ~60 for ng.

After you beat the first boss L
udwig
I can't beat
those 2 hunters. The magic one and the other one. The place where the 3 rats are. I've died to them I don't know about how many times.
I'm level 60. I might level up a bit.

burgerdog

Are chunks easier to farm this time around in the dlc guys? I may have to take my weapon beyond +6 to beat first boss on my level 50 character.

Floody

After you beat the first boss L
udwig
I can't beat
those 2 hunters. The magic one and the other one. The place where the 3 rats are. I've died to them I don't know about how many times.
I'm level 60. I might level up a bit.

Yeah, they gave me a lot of trouble, more than the boss did actually,
try keeping one of the beds between them and just focus on the one with the sword, the other should mostly just hit the bed

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just hit level 100 on NG+ and I'm having far less trouble with the DLC than I thought I would.

The only enemy I'm actually scared of are these big guy with the tentacle faces and the big axes.

CLEEK

I clocked Bloodborne, then played a little bit of NG+. Couldn't remember how far into NG+ I'd gotten, so was relieved to find I was right up to Cathedral Ward.

Didn't have much time to play last night, but got to Vicar Amelia and killed her in my first attempt. Went to Hunter's Nightmare to check it out, killed a few enemies, got a couple of armour items and new weapon, then returned to Hunter's Dream.

Realised I was close to having enough echoes to level up again, so popped back to Cathedral Ward to quickly farm a couple of . Discovered that all the usual enemies hadn't respawned and the area was empty. Returned to the dream, then came back again, and it was still like this. Is this a v1.07 thing, or a Old Hunters thing, or a glitch?

Lingitiz

Getting absolutely bodied on the first boss NG+. What's the recommended level for this? I'm not very far into NG+ and only 106 at the moment, so I'm guessing I'm underleveled.

finalflame

So...
Saint Adeline
(mid-game friendly NPC spoiler, after boss 1 but before 2). I am doing her quest, and gave her
a brain fluid.
I also
have another brain fluid to give her
, but when I talk to her she won't take it.

Is there anything I gotta do to trigger her taking the second one and progress her quest?

Blobbers

Staircase level question:
Are the patients asking for eyes, bloody mushes, the one that cant hear anything etc. actual mini quests or should I just put them out of their misery?

Also third boss spoiler:
Fuck, is this thing a grind and a half. Plus it's a semi-reskin. Meh all around

Oxn

Getting absolutely bodied on the first boss NG+. What's the recommended level for this? I'm not very far into NG+ and only 106 at the moment, so I'm guessing I'm underleveled.

Someone in here said they are lvl 160 in NG+ and hes still getting hammered.

Im lvl 120 and its freaking tough man. I think these bosses are going to really rely on skills>levels.

finalflame

Take her blood, use it, zone out and back in (lamp or dying) until the dialog changes. Three times I think.

She gives me the blood dialog but I'm not getting any of her blood...is it bugged, maybe? Should it just be added to my inventory automatically?

Someone in here said they are lvl 160 in NG+ and hes still getting hammered.

Im lvl 120 and its freaking tough man. I think these bosses are going to really rely on skills>levels.

Yeah the boss is hard, don't even bother trying to summon someone since it just makes him harder...

I was 136 and had a hard time with it, my last posts in this thread were me literally freaking out lol.

My problem was that I was playing on a 24 inch screen and sitting five feet away. Moved closer and I could see better, and dodge better :3

My Tips (from the awesome people in this thread):
-Dodge backwards when you need to heal or recover stamina. Wait for him to start a swiping combo before it's safe to do so.
-Watch out for his charge and jump attacks. The charge attack is easy to predict because he tucks his head down and breathes some brown air shit. No idea about the jump attack because I couldn't lock on to him. I just rolled and hoped to survive.
-His second form is a joke. Worry about spamming him to get a crit, his damage output is lessened and the only thing you really need to dodge are his charge attacks when he puts his sword down and does an AoE or slams it down for a repeating arcane burst. Other than these two things, just stand right in front of him and spam his shit until you get a crit while popping vials.

Update: The second boss was a joke.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Holy fucking shit - just beat the first boss,
Ludwig

Honestly, it wasn't that bad for me - got him on the second try; but had to use like 15 vials, lol.

That said, it's all the normal enemies that are giving me trouble. Hunters everywhere and they all respawn.
Blood Starved Beast
just chilling in a cave like it's nothing. Three, four, five enemies teaming up on you at once. Giants around every corner.

My level 17-20 character was just getting BODIED, plain and simple. Shit felt impossible. Granted, I'm out of my groove and it's been a while since I played. Anyway, loaded up my level 95 character from right before the main game's finale, and tackled it. Still have died 12 or 13 times between the start and Boss 1. Shit is tough.

Damn.

Took me over two hours to beat the first boss. Then got absolutely DESTROYED not five minutes later against
the two hunters and rats.

I'm loving it, though. Awesome, dense content. Beautiful atmosphere. Lore seems to fit in well. Dialogue is nice. First boss and the item drop are great. Music is spectacular. EASILY worth the $20 so far - no brainer, imo.

Also
that half dead body slowly knocking at the gate before the first boss, as it pulls itself out of a pool of blood...
... fuck that shit is creepy.

Floody

Man those S
hark
looking enemies are fucking me up. Need to find a better way of dealing with them, that's not just running away, waiting for an opening.

Nobody is having this issue? I've googled all over and I found only half a dozen people with the same issue. Everytime I try to play online I get this message:

CUmmhTrUsAAUun8.png:large

I've tried restarting my router and rebuilding the PS4 database and no luck.

I also get a message when I first start the game saying that I didn't exit the game properly when I'm 100% sure that I am.
This is nothing compared to my problem...I literally cannot play the game. It started saying the whole "can't read saves" thing. Closed app, try again. "Wait for game to install." Usually starting a new game is the workaround. Two minutes in, PS4 UI screen appears saying my disc is either dirty or scratched. Bullshit, so I delete everything from the game, rebuild database, redownload and install everything from the game 5 TIMES, now I can't even get to the Sony Computer Entertainment Presents screen.

I checked other discs so it's not the drive. Weird thing is, as I typed this, I tried one last time...and I'm playing :|

So...
Saint Adeline
(mid-game friendly NPC spoiler, after boss 1 but before 2). I am doing her quest, and gave her
a brain fluid.
I also
have another brain fluid to give her
, but when I talk to her she won't take it.

Is there anything I gotta do to trigger her taking the second one and progress her quest?

Start or beat the second boss.

finalflame

Start or beat the second boss.

Already beat the entire DLC!

Actually, that's not what it was. I had to
use Arianna's blood before she would give me hers. She kept saying "do come back if you ever run out of saint's blood". So I consumed Arianna's blood and now she gave me her blood.

Looks like it'll progress now. Thanks guys!

Alucrid

Banned
Already beat the entire DLC!

Actually, that's not what it was. I had to
use Arianna's blood before she would give me hers. She kept saying "do come back if you ever run out of saint's blood". So I consumed Arianna's blood and now she gave me her blood.

Looks like it'll progress now. Thanks guys!

you just have to leave to the hunter's dream and warp back a few times for each step

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
On first run of the DLC, was using an STR / ARC character and changed from log wheel to whirl saw and was pretty pleased.

Doing another run with a Skill character and just went from Burial Blade to Church Pick. What a good move set.

Good DLC for weapons.

Wagram

That's the level I beat him at on NG+. I don't think you're under leveled. He's just a bastard.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Planning to co-op as much of the DLC as possible with a buddy.
We both made new alts - him SK/AR and me SK/BT - and are going through the early game now, dribbling in anticipation.
Can't wait to dive in!

Here's Sir Robert. He has "seen some shit," as they say.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Did anyone manage to get the guide?

Amazon delayed shipment, GS doesn't have any in store, and it's not available on BBY's site. Thinking it must have been delayed by FuturePress.

Servbot24

Banned
Nobody is having this issue? I've googled all over and I found only half a dozen people with the same issue. Everytime I try to play online I get this message:

CUmmhTrUsAAUun8.png:large

I've tried restarting my router and rebuilding the PS4 database and no luck.

I also get a message when I first start the game saying that I didn't exit the game properly when I'm 100% sure that I am.
I get this constantly. Not sure if it's my internet being bad or if it's the game's fault.

dugdug

Banned
So, I beat Amelia, triggered the cut scene, went back to hunters dream and there's no eyeball for me to pick up. What did I do wrong?

Gbraga

I'm done with it for today. Still didn't fight a single boss, around 4 hours of playtime. Having a blast, just opened the shortcut back to the first lamp.

Fucking Blood-Starved Beast, mate! Can't believe they put that shit there after the Gatling Gun hunter! Hahaha.

Banhammer is fun as hell, I thought STR was boring in the main game, but I need a Hammer build now. Will work on it.

Yosei

Why you do this to me From?(third area enemies spoilers)
the shark brothers in the well
and
that winter latern out of nowhere
. Why?

Great DLC, overall same difficulty as the main game in NG. Way harder in NG+ but still doable. Some of the fights reminded me of the glorious
artorias and raime
fights from the Dark Souls series and that is awesome. Also, what a great soundtrack!

Top Bottom