• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Already beat the entire DLC!

Actually, that's not what it was. I had to
use Arianna's blood before she would give me hers. She kept saying "do come back if you ever run out of saint's blood". So I consumed Arianna's blood and now she gave me her blood.

Looks like it'll progress now. Thanks guys!

Weird, that's what worked for me and I
haven't used her blood at all.

Kudos on beating it!

Why you do this to me From?(third area enemies spoilers)
the shark brothers in the well
and
that winter latern out of nowhere
. Why?

Great DLC, overall same difficulty as the main game in NG. Way harder in NG+ but still doable. Some of the fights reminded me of the glorious
artorias and raime
fights from the Dark Souls series and that is awesome. Also, what a great soundtrack!

After being wrecked so many times i got a hang of their movesets and made it a point to go and kill both of them repeatedly. I think i got 2mil souls from that.

SRTtoZ

So, I beat Amelia, triggered the cut scene, went back to hunters dream and there's no eyeball for me to pick up. What did I do wrong?

1) Make sure you bought the DLC (lol)
2) Go to Settings>PSN>Restore licenses
3) Restart PS4.
4) item should be at the base of the steps in the Hunters Dream

Anyone want to help me with the 1st boss, got a bit too tipsy after many consecutive losses.

Password:
ggbruh

Also my first time summoning online.

Son of a B... The Whistle is Bloodtinge...

giphy.gif

taybul

Doing this on NG+ at lv154 and I feel a bit overpowered. Just beat the 3rd boss and the first was still took the most number of attempts so far.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. We're playing this, the hunter enemies in the first area are nutso!!

Drewfonse

So can I assume that the DLC scales in difficulty with each successive + game? Cuz I have a level 165 in ng+++, and I'm kinda scared to play this shit.

Finalow

I feel like I'm going to have fun using Madaras Whistle in pvp. can do some really heavy damage if used with 50 Bloodtinge.

Yosei

Exactly, I'm completely clueless >_<

Me too, it was going pretty well
basically just knowing what happened to ludwig, laurence and every other hunter(including probably my character in the future)
(main game ending spoiler)
if you consider the "death" ending ofc
but that final part just added even more
questions and mystery about the nightmare creatures and great ones

I'm fine with that tho as I feel any explanation would simply not be enough or even satisfying at all and I love creating my own theories.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So can I assume that the DLC scales in difficulty with each successive + game? Cuz I have a level 165 in ng+++, and I'm kinda scared to play this shit.

I'm 207 in NG++++ and there are moments when I get 2-3 shot. I wouldn't worry. It's fun!

Still trying too. This is taking me more tries than (boss spoiler):
Maria
You can do it!
The hard part was getting the anchor giant alone when phase 2 started. That, and he could 3 shot me when motivated. Just remember to just run around the middle pillar (well massive piece of land) if you get into trouble. Thankfully it's not a long reset if you've kicked the ladder down.

Me too, it was going pretty well
basically just knowing what happened to ludwig, laurence and every other hunter(including probably my character in the future)
(main game ending spoiler)
if you consider the "death" ending ofc
but that final part just added even more
questions and mystery about the nightmare creatures and great ones

I'm fine with that tho as I feel any explanation would simply not be enough or even satisfying at all and I love creating my own theories.

So what's up with the dead kos and her orphan? If the great one is dead then why is the dream still active ?

Anung

Un Rama
I ended up being under-leveled for the first boss so had to go and do some other areas. After getting my ass stomped all day I went back and it ended up feeling like a proper fair fight. Loved it :D

Egg0

Banned
Can you not fast travel to the lamp in the hunter's nightmare?

I'm still pretty early on, but I'm still just going to the entrance by the cathedral ward. Also don't know why the cutscene plays every single time.

Anung

Un Rama
Can you not fast travel to the lamp in the hunter's nightmare?

I'm still pretty early on, but I'm still just going to the entrance by the cathedral ward. Also don't know why the cutscene plays every single time.

Go to the grave on the hill the doll prays at. Thats the area fast travel.

taybul

Christ that was a pain in the ass.
Getting the Rakuyo was harder for me than most bosses in this dlc.

Just finished this. Definitely didn't expect the second one to join. Used the pillar in the center to my advantage and separated them.
I swear those things sound exactly like me hurling.
Hmm... You're at 164 on NG+ and I'm lvl 143 on NG++. Time to far it is.
Honestly it could be NG++. I had long since started other characters and I don't remember.

Holy shit. The Saw is OP as fuck lol, the way I just beat the last boss on my first try...LOL. I basically stun-locked him almost the entire last half of the fight with the 2H L2, I had to save that video.

Anung

Un Rama
The NEW WEAPON SPOILER
Amygdalan Arm
is so fucking cool. The transformed R2 is just so damn powerful and its range is crazy.

Holy shit. The Saw is OP as fuck lol, the way I just beat the last boss on my first try...LOL. I basically stun-locked him almost the entire last half of the fight with the 2H L2, I had to save that video.

yup last boss is surprisingly easy and accidentally pranced in there with only 11 vials and killed it

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Anybody have a Youtube link they can send me for the [right after 1st boss spoilers]
the stair room/building?

Place is a damn labyrinth. Swear I've lost a collective 150,000 souls in standard new game just getting lost for an hour and re-trying again. Would love to just follow someone else step by step and get through it.

Persona7

Banned
Anybody have a Youtube link they can send me for the [right after 1st boss spoilers]
the stair room/building?

Place is a damn labyrinth. Swear I've lost a collective 150,000 souls in standard new game just getting lost for an hour and re-trying again. Would love to just follow someone else step by step and get through it.

the mobs in that area are a bunch of bullshit

Yosei

So what's up with the dead kos and her orphan? If the great one is dead then why is the dream still active ?

No idea to be honest,
before the DLC I had the impression Kos was some kind of powerful divine interdimensional entity like Odeon. In fact I still do. Maybe that was just a fragment of kos, one that wanted to have a physical presence like ebrietas had but failed. When we kill its shadow, we kill that fragment but kos is still present so the nightmare created because of its fragment still remains, much like amygdala
but ya, I don't know, as all I said it's pretty much based on heavy interpretation.

taybul

the stair room/building?

Have you used the level at the very top yet?

Top Bottom