• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
All the ones I'd like to use do. There's basically no good "quality build" weapon (str/skill).

I'd like a respec item too but oh well.

Not sure I particularly want to use the arcane weapons though. Parasite looks funny but maybe unwieldy, at least in pve.

Soulflarz

Banned
I found a ladder in a room that goes up....to nothing...so when you reach the top you step up onto air and fall back down

why is this ladder here

what is holding it up

What is fromsoft trying to tell me

I was so tempted to buy this today, but I've imported from the UK because it's cheaper, and I'll still be playing Fallout 4 for the next week anyway...
Still sucks though.

_h8bit

Banned
I think this content is going to be a little tougher for someone like me who isn't great at parrying/visceral attacks in souls games. The sheer amount of these hunters sort of forces you to get good at it.

Can't get any summons for the optional boss I refuse to go forward without defeating him will try again tomorrow gotta get some sleep !

Robot Pants

I can literally get summoned every time within five seconds at
orphan of kos
but can't for the life of me get anyone to join mine.

I made it that giant troll thing with a purple haze hammer, tried to fight it, got caught in a mouth tentacle grab attack, survived and then literally ran out of the DLC screaming what the fuck!!! My character is level 74 too, God damn.

Lady Maria down
. I bumbled my way in the beginning but I got it and won. If she was more aggressive she would've been tough as fuck. She does look cool as hell. Can I wield her weapon?

The DLC is fucking incredible so far. Very challenging.

I've beaten the 4th boss so far and I'm extremely impressed with the content up to this point.

Anyway, my character is a Bloodtinge/Skill build, would any of the new DLC weapons be fitting work well with that?

KRaZyAmmo

I made it that giant troll thing with a purple haze hammer, tried to fight it, got caught in a mouth tentacle grab attack, survived and then literally ran out of the DLC screaming what the fuck!!! My character is level 74 too, God damn.

that happened to me too. I was level 80 though and with determination I tried to slaughter it. Still died.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The DLC is fucking incredible so far. Very challenging.

I've beaten the 4th boss so far and I'm extremely impressed with the content up to this point.

Anyway, my character is a Bloodtinge/Skill build, would any of the new DLC weapons be fitting work well with that?

Simon's Bowblade is S in both.

mekes

I've had to try and level up a little before tackling the DLC on NG+ and its just hit me. I've missed this game a lot!

Manu

Wait, so there's a
shield
in the DLC.

As in, an actual
shield that blocks physical attacks and stuff.

Miyazaki, you sly dog, you.

Soulflarz

Banned
Wait, so there's a
shield
in the DLC.

As in, an actual
shield that blocks physical attacks and stuff.

Miyazaki, you sly dog, you.

It doesn't do much though

and re above post of mine: amy is easy if you don't go for the legs. How the hell did I forget that?

that happened to me too. I was level 80 though and with determination I tried to slaughter it. Still died.
God speed to any body that tries to tackle this shit right after Amelia. That is in for a world of fucking pain. I think the Blades of Mercy are decent for the Hunters cause of the stun locking but god damn +7 isn't enough to get them out of the way quick.

ubiblu

Alright I think I figured out
Ludwig
.... I would be surprised if its even possible to do it solo.

Definitely doable, but very tough and another 'lucky button mash' fight. It took me about 15 attempts on NG+ at Level 125 with Ludwig+10 to solo, and it was scrappy as hell.

Having first played the souls series after platinuming BB, I definitely appreciate the skilful dance that is souls combat vs semi-brainless dodge / attack of BB. Just a thought.

Nobody is having this issue? I've googled all over and I found only half a dozen people with the same issue. Everytime I try to play online I get this message:

CUmmhTrUsAAUun8.png:large

I've tried restarting my router and rebuilding the PS4 database and no luck.

I also get a message when I first start the game saying that I didn't exit the game properly when I'm 100% sure that I am.

finalflame

You're right. That only makes it better though. MIYAZAKI, YOU SLY DOG, YOU.

I know, right? I got a good chuckle out of that. Dude knows what he's doing.

I think I am 90% done with the DLC. Going for completion and gotta go back for the optional boss. I liked it, but honestly, the length was a little disappointing. It might just be because I want more.

I really hope there is a Bloodborne 2. I really, really want to return to this universe and learn more about the lore. Can't wait until the lore peeps start piecing together new significant info from the DLC.

Trying not to read too much of this thread so as to avoid spoilers. I would like to know if I am too low level to attempt the DLC. I'm currently at level 51. I was able to make it through a decent amount of the first zone, but am now dying over and over at the
bloody area with the disgusting sucker guys all around

finalflame

Somebody please help me I request answers I demand them

What level are you? People in NG+ and Lv. up to 150+ are reporting the difficulty being pretty good.

I ran through it around 120 in NG+ and it was definitely a challenge, moreso than anything in the base game.

Floody

I keep forgetting you get gimp'd when you join a game, and keep getting one hit, feel so bad for the host.

Holy fuck... So I'm NG+ and
Ludwig
is one shotting me and I'm level 150... Wtf...

Any tips guys?
Try and stay on his side (left I think works best, but can't remember),
he'll one hit kick you if you are behind him and either lung attack you or do a fast combo and kill you if you are facing him.
spoiler tagging his moves, but nothing more.

Copper

Nobody is having this issue? I've googled all over and I found only half a dozen people with the same issue. Everytime I try to play online I get this message:

I also get a message when I first start the game saying that I didn't exit the game properly when I'm 100% sure that I am.

I am also having this issue.

Trying to beat
Maria
for the past few hours. Got her down to almost 1 hit left and choked. I needed to take a break anyways I guess.

All of the DLC areas are far harder than any other areas in the game. It almost feels imbalanced. Hell, I'm finding three of the bosses harder than any chalice dungeon bosses, and that's where the hardest bosses were before. I really think this is the hardest content in the Souls series so far.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?

CUmmhTrUsAAUun8.png:large

Yes I'm getting that crap. Just been playing in offline mode because of it.

Ogawa-san

Lady Maria down
. I bumbled my way in the beginning but I got it and won. If she was more aggressive she would've been tough as fuck. She does look cool as bell. Can I would her weapon?
You can get the gear too! I'm rocking the full cosplay.

Grimløck;186688724 said:
damn. i killed a couple of those big-headed things by accident. did i screw up?
Afaik,
the only one you don't wanna kill is the one tied to a chair. She has a sidequest that rewards you with an unique "major" rune

Top Bottom