• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Mask

Any tips for the first boss,
Ludwig
, on NG+?

A friend is trying to beat them, and he's having a ton of trouble :/

Ludwig
, on NG+?

Co-op if you're having too much trouble. It's best to attack him from the sides and not get greedy.
When he goes into the second phase you can stay close to him but be careful of his swings

Hypron

Okay I finally finished upping my vitality to 50 and I grabbed a +15% HP rune. I've got close to 600 HP (i.e. 50% more) more than last time I faced the first boss so hopefully it goes better this time. Wish me luck :p

burgerdog

Loving every moment of this dlc. Just masterful work all around, FROM just might be the best when it comes to dlc content. Rocksteady should take note.

taybul

Ludwig
, on NG+?

Dodge into its swings and try to get under it. Hitting its belly seems to stagger it. In the second form, dodge around and hit his back. You can stun him for a visceral doing this but I never managed to pull it off. Run away when he grasps the sword with both hands. One is his AOE which is easy to avoid, the other is a long and wide strike, jump to the side before it hits.

Game4life

Banned
Got my ass whooped by the first boss. DLC is freaking awesome. Cant wait to try it again tomorrow. I refuse to coop to destroy that SOB so hopefully my will power remains and I dont give into temptation.

Copper

Finally kicked
Maria's
ass. I'm really loving this dlc, that was probably one of my favorite bosses in the whole game so far. From does an amazing job all around when it comes to making dlc.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Is Lv60 too low for Ludwig? His movements seem easy enough but i am just not handing out enough damage and so i end up fighting until he hits me with an unlucky move. Henriett is sadly worthless orher than distracting him for a ahort while.

KRaZyAmmo

Is Lv60 too low for Ludwig? His movements seem easy enough but i am just not handing out enough damage and so i end up fighting until he hits me with an unlucky move. Henriett is sadly worthless orher than distracting him for a ahort while.

yeah I also tried help from the Henriett. good for distraction but doesn't help enough or damaging or helping at all.

edit: I'm lvl 80 with a +10 Ludwig Holy Sword

Kamina

Golden Boy
yeah I also tried help from the Henriett. good for distraction but doesn't help enough or damaging or helping at all.

edit: I'm lvl 80 with a +10 Ludwig Holy Sword
My Hunter Saif is only +6 right now
Imterestingly i havnt been able to coop in the Hunters Nightmare. Noone is resonating to my bell.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Ok gang, I made a huge oopsy and lost 2.5mil souls but can still grab it back in the great pyhtrumu chalice dungeon (I have no idea how to spell it) I require help getting it back :(

Equip that paper that takes you back to lamp and run past all the enemies.

BashNasty

Anyone else getting the "lost connection to network, returning to title menu" message every time they try to play online?

Did a quick search, and it seems like people were getting this when they tried to connect to other players, but for me it's happening the moment I load up my game. If I load up in online mode it immediately gives me that message and kicks me back to the title screen.

I've tried rebooting the console. Anyone know of a fix?

mellow

you just have to leave to the hunter's dream and warp back a few times for each step

how many steps are there

she gave me
a key to the 1st floor balconey after I gave her another brain fluid, should I keep going back to her or is that it

Copper

best way to beat him is to stay close to him, try to get inside and keep hitting near his center. Dodge to the left when he swipes, and try to keep the pressure on him. Also be wary of his jump attack, when he does that keep rolling in any direction or else he will most likely one shot you.

SRTtoZ

First boss down: 2nd try.

He actually wasn't as hard as I thought but I have a maxed out Whirligig Saw +10 with good gems. Absolutely tore him up.

Tips: Be aggressive, side step a lot and use big attack strings.

Alucrid

Banned
how many steps are there

she gave me
a key to the 1st floor balconey after I gave her another brain fluid, should I keep going back to her or is that it

yes, there's another part after that. she'll go through a bit of a...change

Equip that paper that takes you back to lamp and run past all the enemies.

I think they said they had 25 vit and it's the Great Pht....Ptumu....Prom...Ptumuwhatever...One of the most dangerous chalices I believe. I think they're at risk of getting one shot by some enemies there probably.So doing a yolo run to that is probably not wise.

My Hunter Saif is only +6 right now
Imterestingly i havnt been able to coop in the Hunters Nightmare. Noone is resonating to my bell.

I had trouble with Ludwig at level 80 and a +10 Saif. You should probably get that up to +9 at least. There are a shit ton blood chunks to find in the DLC, so don't worry about conserving.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
First boss down: 2nd try.

He actually wasn't as hard as I thought but I have a maxed out Whirligig Saw +10 with good gems. Absolutely tore him up.

Tips: Be aggressive, side step a lot and use big attack strings.

What type of gems you got ? That was some huge damage.

J-Skee

Holy crap, the fight with
Ludwig
is nuts. Definitely wasn't expecting
that change up in the middle of the fight.
Had to take a break after that.

SRTtoZ

What type of gems you got ? That was some huge damage.

They are all chalice cursed gems with 18/19/20 rarity. I didnt go crazy farming but I got the platinum and then ran some glyphed dungeons for certain gems so i'd be ready for NG++ and beyond.. Ludwig seems to take more damage on his back legs I think because I was doing some crazy damage at certain points but it wasn't consistent.

You can get the Whirligig Saw before facing him?

Yep, just go back near the 2nd lamp and go down the stairs and clear that area and you'll find it.

Sawneeks

Banned
Where do I go after I beat
Ludwig
and explored
the Research Hall?
The mysterious hunter told me to go kill
Maria in a Tower
but I have no idea how to get there.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Welp, I lasted about 4.5 hours before rage quitting.

Got through the first boss and unlocked some shortcuts in the second main area. Realized I could "go back" to another boss after getting lost forever.

I think between getting lost for 60 minutes and then getting raped three times in a row by
Laurence
did me in. I seriously just wasted about 45 vials to fail that boss back to back to back.

It's 10:45 at night. I think I just need to call it.

Fuck I hate ending a session like that pissed off. Fuck
Laurence
is tough. I feel like my Ludwig Holy Blade +10 is doing like... nothing against his health. I'm getting a CRAZY number of hits in - but it's taking FOREVER to chip away at his health. And even at level 40 health, he still nearly one shots me.

EDIT: Also, where the hell is this second lamp everyone is talking about? I didn't find another lamp until after the first boss...

SRTtoZ

The DLC was soooooo good. I wish we were getting more.

I'm ok with no more DLC as long as From is making Bloodborne 2. Pleeeeease.

Yea I'm okay with this. I would have even been happy if FS just gave us all the new weapons/armors/abilities and scattered them throughout the normal game world. So even better that we got a whole new nightmare to explore and so far its awesome.

Akara

Banned
Welp, I lasted about 4.5 hours before rage quitting.

Got through the first boss and unlocked some shortcuts in the second main area. Realized I could "go back" to another boss after getting lost forever.

I think between getting lost for 60 minutes and then getting raped three times in a row by
Laurence
did me in. I seriously just wasted about 45 vials to fail that boss back to back to back.

It's 10:45 at night. I think I just need to call it.

Fuck I hate ending a session like that pissed off. Fuck
Laurence
is tough. I feel like my Ludwig Holy Blade +10 is doing like... nothing against his health. I'm getting a CRAZY number of hits in - but it's taking FOREVER to chip away at his health. And even at level 40 health, he still nearly one shots me.

EDIT: Also, where the hell is this second lamp everyone is talking about? I didn't find another lamp until after the first boss...

Sometimes you just gotta step back. And the second lamp is like to the right path before you're gonna fight the boss.

MilkBeard

Hey everyone, I'm streaming Bloodborne right now and I decided that I'd sit and do co op for
Ludwig
to help people out, as it seems like this is a tough boss for most. If anyone is having trouble they could watch for some tactics. I'm not the best as slaying him but I have a good grasp on how to evade and get hits on the boss.

http://www.twitch.tv/milkbizzle

Top Bottom