• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

So where is this second lamp before L
udwig
that people are mentioning? If the W
hirlgig Saw
is around there I want to go back there and grab it before the next boss.

Trakan

Beat the DLC, here's what I thought of it:

I enjoyed 3 out 5 of the boss fights, with Maria taking the spot as my favorite. I enjoyed the Ludwig boss fight but didn't like his look as a weird horse beast. The Orphan of Kos was unique and is also up there in the top bosses from this game. I hated the kin alien boss and Laurence being an Amelia reskin was super lame. I wasn't a fan of the re-skinned boss, areas and enemies. I beat it coop with a friend in about 8-10 hours so it was an okay length but not for $20. It was a little expensive.

Beat the DLC, here's what I thought of it:

I enjoyed 3 out 5 of the boss fights, with Maria taking the spot as my favorite. I enjoyed the Ludwig boss fight but didn't like his look as a weird horse beast. The Orphan of Kos was unique and is also up there in the top bosses from this game. I hated the kin alien boss and Laurence being an Amelia reskin was super lame. I wasn't a fan of the re-skinned boss, areas and enemies. I beat it coop with a friend in about 8-10 hours so it was an okay length but not for $20. It was a little expensive.

I would agree that the DLC is a bit overpriced if it weren't for all the new weapons. Those are going to give the game even more replay value than it already has. The DLC itself was a bit shorter than I was expecting but still really awesome.

I really, really, REALLY wish there was a way to get more blood rocks. Are there any in the chalice dungeons?

Just fired this up since platinuming the game back in the spring. On the title screen I'm getting game install incomplete, cannot load save data. What the fuck?

mstevens

Stat question: I use the saw cleaver which I know is based more on my str than skill. I have 50 str right now and had 25 skill. I had 8 levels to use and I compared using them, and doing skill 8 times raised my attack like 10 compared to only like 4 when I tried raising str 8 times. I know that my str is hard capped, but my skill is soft capped so I figured str would still do more benefit. Does that mean that I should raise skill to hard cap before leveling str more? Or is there something going on behind the scenes that's too meta for me?

Thanks!

Gotta say From are masters at boss design/sound design. In the
Ludwig
boss fight
when he jumps in the air you can tell if its going to be a delayed drop or a fast drop by the screech he makes. A high pitched screech means he's coming down fast, a deeper more guttural sound is the delayed drop.

Are you installing anything in the background?

No I installed the game last night so I was ready for the DLC tonight. There is nothing installing, the update 1.07 was installed sometime last night.

I just deleted the game and am reinstalling it and downloading the update again. Hopefully it fixes the issue.

SRTtoZ

So where is this second lamp before L
udwig
that people are mentioning? If the W
hirlgig Saw
is around there I want to go back there and grab it before the next boss.

Go backwards just before the 2 giants with the canon and go left.

cheesekao

No I installed the game last night so I was ready for the DLC tonight. There is nothing installing, the update 1.07 was installed sometime last night.

I just deleted the game and am reinstalling it and downloading the update again. Hopefully it fixes the issue.
I've seen someone on youtube who had the same issue and reinstalling everything worked for him.

klee123

I would agree that the DLC is a bit overpriced if it weren't for all the new weapons. Those are going to give the game even more replay value than it already has. The DLC itself was a bit shorter than I was expecting but still really awesome.

I really, really, REALLY wish there was a way to get more blood rocks. Are there any in the chalice dungeons?

There are at least 3 you can obtain via discovering chests in the chalice dungeons.

However, the final boss for each depth 5 chalice also has a small chance of dropping them.

Trakan

Yeah, you can get 3 from chalice dungeons and I read they patched in a chance to get them from depth 5 bosses, but it's not guaranteed. Check a wiki to make sure.

The problem with the new weapons is that I've already beaten the game like ten times. I have no interest in doing it again. It is nice that they added like, as many weapons as there were in the base game though.

Qvoth

Yeah, you can get 3 from chalice dungeons and I read they patched in a chance to get them from depth 5 bosses, but it's not guaranteed. Check a wiki to make sure.

The problem with the new weapons is that I've already beaten the game like ten times. I have no interest in doing it again. It is nice that they added like, as many weapons as there were in the base game though.
The uncanny and lost version of dlc weapons can be bought from bath messenger if u found the original ones already I think

There are at least 3 you can obtain via discovering chests in the chalice dungeons.

However, the final boss for each depth 5 chalice also has a small chance of dropping them.

Thanks guys! Any idea which depth 5 chalice dungeons have them contained in chests?

Edit - Nevermind, looked it up. You can get one per Chalice dungeon type that allows you to create a depth 5 root chalice (so, all of them except Hintertomb)

BeeDog

Just fired this up since platinuming the game back in the spring. On the title screen I'm getting game install incomplete, cannot load save data. What the fuck?

Had the same issue the other day. Exit the game, remove the disc from your PS4, shut down the PS4 (don't put it in Stand-by mode), restart it, reinsert the disc. Should work now.

105.Will

Okay i gotta call it a night, O
rphan
of K
osm
has been blowing me away in NG+7 for about 3 and a half hours now.

BashNasty

Anyone else getting the "lost connection to network, returning to title menu" message every time they try to play online?

Did a quick search, and it seems like people were getting this when they tried to connect to other players, but for me it's happening the moment I load up my game. If I load up in online mode it immediately gives me that message and kicks me back to the title screen.

I've tried rebooting the console. Anyone know of a fix?

Wanna quick repost this for a new page. Anyone got any ideas on a fix. My brother isn't having the issue at all. All my network settings are fine and I'm able to play other multiplayer games.

Wagram

I guess I'm the only one that thought the $ was perfect :(. lol

Based on what i've seen thus far (close to the end). It's a good DLC, but to be honest the Dark Souls II DLCs (and artorias) spoiled us. They offered about the same amount of content for half the price.

The DLC solves a lot of my complaints about the main game which is nice.

SRTtoZ

Thanks guys! Any idea which depth 5 chalice dungeons have them contained in chests?

Edit - Nevermind, looked it up. You can get one per Chalice dungeon type that allows you to create a depth 5 root chalice (so, all of them except Hintertomb)

Yep and you can find the glyphs online. I wasn't even farming Blood Rocks (just blood gems) and I had 4 of them coming into the DLC.

MilkBeard

Based on what i've seen thus far (close to the end). It's a good DLC, but to be honest the Dark Souls II DLCs (and artorias) spoiled us. They offered about the same amount of content for half the price.

Artorias was $15 when it came out. It is a little bit smaller as well, so the price is equivalent.

Akara

Banned

It fixed a lot of issues I had with the game, ahem arcane. Buffing augur of ebrietas and giving us a S weapon -claps to from- a spammable spell, etc.

Hyunkel6

I'm actually running out of bullets in the DLC. I wasn't expecting it to be so challenging. I think I may be a bit underleveled at level 45 though.

BeeDog

I'm probably just stupid, but how does the League covenant actually work? I have equipped the rune Valtr gives to you, and I want to co-op and help people, both in the main game and DLC, so I can collect some vermin.

Do I need to use some kind of bell or should I automatically be summoned into co-ops?

MilkBeard

I'm probably just stupid, but how does the League covenant actually work? I have equipped the rune Valtr gives to you, and I want to co-op and help people, both in the main game and DLC, so I can collect some vermin.

Do I need to use some kind of bell or should I automatically be summoned into co-ops?

Just use the small resonant bell to co op with others and completing the boss will net you a vermin.

Top Bottom