• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
4 STR weapons and 1 Skill weapon for me so far and I'm pretty sure I've missed nothing. Yay for Skill builds...

Also that one Skill weapon despite the moveset, looks like a saw blade while STR users get all kinds of cool shit. Ugh.

Well shit. Guess I'll stick with the threaded cane as a SKL build through the DLC...

That's my only gripe, my main is a lv100 skill/bloodtinge build and I couldn't even equip the first 3-4 weapons that I found. My low level character only has 30 skill so once again I found myself in the same boat, unable to equip anything.
the skill and bloodtinge weapons you do get later on are pretty great, though

silva1991

This is where it gets tricky and I felt really stupid not realizing it earlier.
Pull the lever and hop on the platform so you can get down.

Thanx! was not expecting that weapon.

abut that lady, I gave here one
fluid
and she never asked for the second one. what should I do?

Alucrid

Banned
How do I get the loot that's
In the well? It's guarded by two shark monsters and it up on a ledge.

if you keep going through the fishing village you'll eventually get to some caves that'll lead you to it.

fluid

keep leaving (to the hunter's dream) and coming back and talking until she asks again

myco666

4 STR weapons and 1 Skill weapon for me so far and I'm pretty sure I've missed nothing. Yay for Skill builds...

Also that one Skill weapon despite the moveset, looks like a saw blade while STR users get all kinds of cool shit. Ugh.

There is 4 Skill and 5 Str weapons. I would say that is pretty okay ratio and those Skill weapons are cool also.

fluid

Use her blood. If you don't have her blood make sure you use Adellas or Ariannas blood to get Adeles blood.

This DLC is infinitely better than the regular Bloodborne game. In fact it's such a step above it feels like it's not even part of the same game.

Regular Bloodbonre: B-

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters: A

105.Will

So I've been doing the math while being unproductive at work, and I realized that the OoK has about 35,000 Heath on NG+7. My visceral attack does about 4,500, and regualar does about 450. So, on his second form, if I hit him once every opportunity i get, which I'm gonna say is twice every 30 or so seconds. The fight is gonna take like 40 minutes. That with the fact this guy can kill me in about 2, 3 hits is really making it tough. Why does this boss have so much health?

mellow

so how do you deal with
laurence
phase 2?

I can't even get close, try to attack from the back is impossible due to the lava and if you stand at his sides or front you get swiped, I can't find any openings

So I've been doing the math while being unproductive at work, and I realized that the OoK has about 35,000 Heath on NG+7. My visceral attack does about 4,500, and regualar does about 450. So, on his second form, if I hit him once every opportunity i get, which I'm gonna say is twice every 30 or so seconds. The fight is gonna take like 40 minutes. That with the fact this guy can kill me in about 2, 3 hits is really making it tough. Why does this boss have so much health?

There are a lot of opportunities to gun parry and backstab in the fight. Identifying those moments and exploiting them is the key to successful OoK fight, especially on new game ++ and higher.

idonteven

almost had the optional boss but ran out of vials...FFS MAN

that second phase gives you like 1 sec to hit him or you are a dead

i hate this boss so so so much

Okay so I just beat Amelia and I got the item in the hunters dream, so I guess i can start the dlc? But I'm only level 31 (I can buy about 4 more levels at the moment however)

I should probably wait a while before trying?

Anyway a few questions:

1. Any skill weapons I can grab very early in the dlc? That way even if I can't tackle it yet, I can start using/leveling a new weapon?

2. My stats are as follows any suggestions on what to boost?

V 20
E 17
St 9
Sk 20
B 7
A 8

3. What are good stopping points for Vit and End? When do the diminishing returns start to kick in heavy?

105.Will

There are a lot of opportunities to gun parry and backstab in the fight. Identifying those moments and exploring them is the key to successful OoK fight, especially on new game ++ and higher.

Yeah. Now that I know how ridiculous it would be to do it with normal attacks I'm gonna work on finding those opportunities.

so how do you deal with
laurence
phase 2?

I can't even get close, try to attack from the back is impossible due to the lava and if you stand at his sides or front you get swiped, I can't find any openings

You need to get close, I was consistently getting him to the second phase and failing. Frustrated and tired i just charged at him during his second phase and that's how i killed him.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Bell summoning being broken as ever makes the cheapass optional boss a testament to all of Bloodbornes failings :(

finalflame

Any of the new DLC weapons good for a Skill/Str build, with very low bloodtinge and Arcane? Or am I better off just sticking to Ludwig's?

Area 2 random screenshots

Bloodbornetrade_20151124190340.jpg

Bloodbornetrade_20151124190528.jpg

Probably Spoiler pic
Bloodbornetrade_20151124014110.jpg

Didnt do alot of screenshots cuz those enemies are quite hostile to everything

Ferr986

Third boss, any tip for
her third phase, the one that her atacks have both blood and fire damage? I feel like the only way to beat that is to git gud at parry but I'm never gud at it. I don't see how I could approach her otherwise,

btw, lore spoiler
fucking knew Maria was the human doll!

EDIT: NVM boss down !!

Third boss, any tip for
her third phase, the one that her atacks have both blood and fire damage? I feel like the only way to beat that is to git gud at parry but I'm never gud at it. I don't see how I could approach her otherwise,

btw, lore spoiler
fucking knew Maria was the human doll!

She is the sister of queen analise so hurray for undead bloodline

whoa, spoiler that shit! nice shots but...

Didnt take the key points areas so not real spoilers, done.

What is a good level for the DLC if you are playing a regular new game (not NG+ or higher)?

I started a New Game for my first DLC run. I entered the DLC at level 60. I would recommend you do the same. Plenty of challenge. When I finished the DLC I was at level 79. So that should give you an idea of what the difficulty curve is like in the DLC.

Fhtagn

Didnt take the key points areas so not real spoilers, done.

goddamn it, now i accidentally read a spoiler trying to reply to this. D'oh.

anything not in the initial trailer is a spoiler as far as I am concerned. I wish I hadn't seen the later two shots because I haven't seen them in game yet.

What is a good level for the DLC if you are playing a regular new game (not NG+ or higher)?

70, for real, the enemies do massive damage if you are not careful.

goddamn it, now i accidentally read a spoiler trying to reply to this. D'oh.

anything not in the initial trailer is a spoiler as far as I am concerned. I wish I hadn't seen the later two shots because I haven't seen them in game yet.

Mmm dont worry too much, those scenery areas are not related to the history at all. the next areas I will put them in spoiler cuz those really a twist to the game and lore

BeeDog

FUCK YOU first boss. All in all, took 7 attempts to bring him down on NG++(+?). When I skipped Fire papers and all that kind of crap, it surprisingly went better.

Wagram

Anyone know if there's a way to obtain the C
hurch Pic
k besides the NPC near the underground cell? It didn't drop for me and now I can't obtain the Gold Trophy for all weapons.

Never mind: Found my answer, it wasn't the NPC that dropped it. haha The NPC that drops it is in a nearby room behind another locked door.

Deku Tree

Recommended level is 65. It might be rough going in with that level though but it is doable.

I started a New Game for my first DLC run. I entered the DLC at level 60. I would recommend you do the same. Plenty of challenge. When I finished the DLC I was at level 79. So that should give you an idea of what the difficulty curve is like in the DLC.

70, for real, the enemies do massive damage if you are not careful.

Mmm dont worry too much, those scenery areas are not related to the history at all. the next areas I will put them in spoiler cuz those really a twist to the game and lore

thx!

mellow

I keep getting
Laurence
down to like 1/10th of his health but the last phase is just insane on NG++, there's literally no way to damage him without taking a bunch yourself and I inevitably run out of vials

Okay so I just beat Amelia and I got the item in the hunters dream, so I guess i can start the dlc? But I'm only level 31 (I can buy about 4 more levels at the moment however)

I should probably wait a while before trying?

Anyway a few questions:

1. Any skill weapons I can grab very early in the dlc? That way even if I can't tackle it yet, I can start using/leveling a new weapon?

2. My stats are as follows any suggestions on what to boost?

V 20
E 17
St 9
Sk 20
B 7
A 8

3. What are good stopping points for Vit and End? When do the diminishing returns start to kick in heavy?

I wouldn't head into the DLC on NG until about 65, the level enemies are manageable at lower levels, but the bosses will probably stop you dead.

You can get the
Beasthunter Saif
pretty early, but most of the other SKILL weapons are further in the DLC

You're never gonna go wrong putting points into vit / end, In fact, I like to pump those stats early since early weapon dmg will come from weapon level instead of stat scaling.
For a skill build at around 65 I would probably target something like 35 VIT, 25 END, 10 STR, 40 SKILL,

Top Bottom