• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Manu

yeah she isn't, it says distant relative or something in the her set desc.

Maria's armor and her weapon. I mean yeah
she is a relative of the queen

I got the
distant relative
part from her set (which rocks, by the way,) just not the
sister
part.

Also, she makes me even more bummed we didn't get the Old Hunters Edition in the West, because
then there would be a female character on the cover.

idonteven

I keep getting
Laurence
down to like 1/10th of his health but the last phase is just insane on NG++, there's literally no way to damage him without taking a bunch yourself and I inevitably run out of vials

i just beat him and this time at the second phase he didnt spam attacks non stop so its based on luck

Please tell me the third boss weapon is obtainable and not missable. A fucking
twinblade
, I need that shit.

You can get
a similar weapon called the Rakuyo. It's more of a katana with a dagger on the end, that can also be dual wielded in Trick form. Maria's seems to be an evolution of the one you get, which makes sense because she used the one you get first.

I got the
distant relative
part from her set (which rocks, by the way,) just not the
sister
part.

Also, she makes me even more bummed we didn't get the Old Hunters Edition in the West, because
then there would be a female character on the cover.

Checked out fast on my game, Maria is
a distant relative
thanks for the correction, I mean thats explain how she became
undead and uses bloodmagic against you

Wait, maybe
she was drinking blood and passed away
, dammit drunk hunters.

Thanks!
But it looked like a twinblade when she was using it (probably 2hand transformation)-

Normal mode is a blade, transformed mode is the dagger and the sword, kinda lame since the boss made them looks HUGE.

myco666

Doing some [END DLC SPOILERS]
invasions in squid form using Kos parasite. This shit is not meant for PVP like at all unless I am missing some vital tech to it.

FUCK YOU first boss. All in all, took 7 attempts to bring him down on NG++(+?). When I skipped Fire papers and all that kind of crap, it surprisingly went better.

I summoned the npc hunter but she got killed by the 2 giants near the boss... at that point i went in like "well, now i'm fucked anyway" and started the fight without papers, i didn't even know how i was already
at 2nd phase lol.
I think i've even used just 1 or 2 healings, i'll upload the video of the fight tomorrow

Doing some [END DLC SPOILERS]
invasions in squid form using Kos parasite. This shit is not meant for PVP like at all unless I am missing some vital tech to it.

Squid form just increase your discovery item, are you using Kos arm? it requires lots of arcane stats and bullets for the L2 attack.

I far prefer the weapon as it is than how the boss used it. I would have been SO pissed if they made yet another katana weapon with a bullshit HP gimmick.

So far we got

-Patches check
-Moonlight Sword check
-Chaos Blade check
-Soul Arrow check
-Xanthous helmet Check?

I think From covered all the iconic weapons in all their games at the exception of lightning spears

Manu

its kinda cheap tbh, most bloodborne bosses are excellently designed

not a good sign for the rest of the dlc tbh

this was Dark Souls 2's biggest issue

I haven't finished the DLC yet but the 2nd and 3rd bosses have been significantly easier. Almost disappointingly so.

VinFTW

I haven't finished the DLC yet but the 2nd and 3rd bosses have been significantly easier. Almost disappointingly so.

not really talking about difficulty, it's the cheapness factor that comes into play with ng+ 10 or higher

it's a shame but I might have to start a new character to get a non cheap difficulty

i mean, one swipe from his 2nd phase on any ability is a one shot, and I have a FUCK ton of health (obviously)

Well that second boss was a joke, second attempt done and dusted, only fluffed the first time forgetting to heal.

The door right at the back from the lamp in the room with the pool in the middle, I never opened that, did I miss something ?

Oh Man. I'm so dying to play this. Weekend seems so far :(. I hope everyone is really enjoying it.

Could anyone tell me how many bosses does the DLC have? Just the number.

Well that second boss was a joke, second attempt done and dusted, only fluffed the first time forgetting to heal.

The door right at the back from the lamp in the room with the pool in the middle, I never opened that, did I miss something ?

Yes.
Bring Brain Fluid to Adeline.

So far we got

-Patches check
-Moonlight Sword check
-Chaos Blade check
-Soul Arrow check
-Xanthous helmet Check?

I think From covered all the iconic weapons in all their games at the exception of lightning spears
I miss the other "legendary" King's Field weapons and wish they'd bring some of them back (even though the Moonlight Sword is legit amazing and should be in everything). The Triple Fang would have been perfect for this game as it was literally a trick weapon.

Ferr986

You can get
a similar weapon called the Rakuyo. It's more of a katana with a dagger on the end, that can also be dual wielded in Trick form. Maria's seems to be an evolution of the one you get, which makes sense because she used the one you get first.

Checked out fast on my game, Maria is
a distant relative
thanks for the correction, I mean thats explain how she became
undead and uses bloodmagic against you

Wait, maybe
she was drinking blood and passed away
, dammit drunk hunters.

Normal mode is a blade, transformed mode is the dagger and the sword, kinda lame since the boss made them looks HUGE.

ah ok, so it's not exactly the same weapon. Oh well.

myco666

Squid form just increase your discovery item, are you using Kos arm? it requires lots of arcane stats and bullets for the L2 attack.

Yeah using Kos Parasite. It is only at +6 but don't really know if I should upgrade it or not. I have 40 Arcane atm but I apparently don't have almost any Arcane gems and this only deals Arcane damage. The biggest thing about it is that I am not really feeling the moveset. It is super slow. It feels way slower than the Wheel or the Hammer.

Ha, don 't you love going into a boss encounter with the sole intent of getting a feel for his move set with zero expectation to win, but then you end up winning anyway?

I just did that with
Kos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Qy8W80sh4

My hands are still shaking LOL.

By the way, will I miss out on a Trophy if I kill
Brador
for his weapon?
LOL I went through the SAME thing. You can see in my video I spent a lot of time hanging back just watching him. Then when I got into the final stretch I DESTROYED him.

I had some really, REALLY close calls, and a pretty...interesting end to the fight lol, check it out:

SPOILERS: FINAL DLC BOSS FIGHT (NG+)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAgv8v20dyE

and no, you won't miss out on a trophy if you do that.

If you want a Blood Rock (you'll need it to upgrade +9 to +10): enter jrwffkyp for a chalice with one in it. It's in the very first secondary area (took me 5min to get it).
Courtesy of Thanatos6293 from gamefaqs

Also, if you have any good chalice with good stuff in it, please share x)

Just got a blood rock. Thanks for this, it was super quick for anyone needing one.

myco666

is the new stuff at least on par? Because at least that way I could change into something different. the problem with the main game is that everything else generally seemed considerably worse...

I guess? As far as I am concerned all armor sets aside from Doll set and Noble Dress are equally good.

Finalow

might be because I'm in NG+ and level 120 but online seems already dead *in the DLC locations*. I think I got 2 summons and 1 invasion total since I started playing 3-4 hours ago, and I was always ringing bells.

Yes, it creates shortcut to boss after you
go to rafters and turn the thingy
oh, I didn't notice that it goes further up if I go inside again.

also, about that area, can you
find somewhere the eyes the monster at the first floor is asking for?

Edzi

Ludwig is cool and all, but I think I'd enjoy him a lot more if he didn't have 2 moves that killed me in one hit. (The air jump attack and the double swipe attack)

Menchi

Does anyone know if the Old Hunters DLC is on disc or a voucher for the GOTY Edition in EU? I've tried searching, but I'm trying to avoid any spoilers (Even new items, NPCs are a spoiler for me... ) and having no luck

Thanks for any help

spliced

Now the payoff for staying (mostly) spoiler free. :)

The search for the entrance to the DLC was way easier than I was expecting, I probably could have spoiled that as there isn't really anything to it.

So far I'm up to the second lamp and I'm a bit surprised by how much re-use of stuff there has been, both the level design and especially the enemies. I was expecting it to be fresher like the DS2 DLC, but I'm quite earlier yet so I'll see how it goes from here. Nice to see lots of weapons early on, although all 3 I heard about I haven't seen yet(except 1 in ghost form). It didn't take long to understand the reason for the title, when I saw the first one I thought oh maybe he's friendly...nope heh.

This has probably been answered so i apologize, but are there sny missable trophies for the flc?

Mmmm there is one thophy for collecting all weapons, there is one weapon you cant get unless you kill a certain NPC so far no one knows if you can get it in other way

Aces&Eights

might be because I'm in NG+ and level 120 but online seems already dead *in the DLC locations*. I think I got 2 summons and 1 invasion total since I started playing 3-4 hours ago, and I was always ringing bells.

oh, I didn't notice that it goes further up if I go inside again.

also, about that area, can you
find somewhere the eyes the monster at the first floor is asking for?

There are two elevators. Use them both to get to rafters. Turn thingy. Then if starting at beginning you can take 1st one up them go to door for boss. Not sure about eye thing but u think so. I'm currently stuck on this boss so if you get there let me know I need help lol

Top Bottom