• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

silva1991

The place that had two hunters in church garbs after the prison hallway. There was the elevator you used to get to research hall. Now the altar has changed and it has the skull. Also if you go down from there you get new weapon.

Nice!! does it lead me to the 1irst floor balcony?(the locked door in the research hall)?

also what should I do with
beast hide guy
in prison? kills him? or is there something "I can do for him?

Why can't I summon
Henriett? It's greyed out for some reason.
I noticed this happened to me one time when I rang the beckoning bell prior to trying to summon them, I had to cancel it before I was able to summon them. If you didn't ring the bell then idk...

The Flash

Banned
out of 600 blood vials only from fighting the optional boss

yikes

time to farm

RDJ_Woah.gif

Nice!! does it lead me to the 1irst floor balcony?(the locked door in the research hall)?

beast hide guy
murder him for his weapon. Not sure if there is a way to spare him and get the weapon too

Blobbers

Are you on the League covenant?

Go to the dream and go back. sometimes it needs a soft reset to continue the sidequest, did you killed the boss already?

Tried all sorts of stuff like coming back from the HD and using her blood, haven't beaten the boss though. That's probably what prompts the continuation of the sidequest.
Boss sucks and I don't wanna fight it though.

myco666

beast hide guy

Nope. You get to balcony
by giving brain fluid to Adeline two or three times. She gives you a give after that.

Well there is no information if you can do anything else than kill him at the moment.

4 STR weapons and 1 Skill weapon for me so far and I'm pretty sure I've missed nothing. Yay for Skill builds...

Also that one Skill weapon despite the moveset, looks like a saw blade while STR users get all kinds of cool shit. Ugh.

silva1991

murder him for his weapon. Not sure if there is a way to spare him and get the weapon too

So there isn't an invasion covenant? I was sure you would be the leader of that.

Nope. You get to balcony
by giving brain fluid to Adeline two or three times. She gives you a give after that.

Well there is no information if you can do anything else than kill him at the moment.

where can I get the fluid?

Nope. You get to balcony

I'm so angry. I killed that NPC after the first reward. I thought I had "fulfilled" the NPC because her dialog was the same as when I first encountered them. I don't know what I was thinking, but I concluded that they only existed to
give blood.
. Since I knew I would never be back, I killed them, just to see what they dropped.

I got the item and assumed I had done the right thing.

I'm very upset to learn I messed up a quest.

myco666

So there isn't an invasion covenant? I was sure you would be the leader of that.

where can I get the fluid?

The talking sacks with no body. Smash them to bits.

edit.

I'm so angry. I killed that NPC after the first reward. I thought I had "fulfilled" the NPC because her dialog was the same as when I first encountered them. I don't know what I was thinking, but I concluded that they only existed to
give blood.
. Since I knew I would never be back, I killed them, just to see what they dropped.

I got the item and assumed I had done the right thing.

I'm very upset to learn I messed up a quest.

You missed on the best piece of content in the whole game.

after looking at videos I fairly convinced that the bosses in this dlc have the same health pool and damage output in NG+ as they do in NG. Which would explain why some feel they are to tanky in NG.

Anyone else notice this?

And two spells and a rune.

Spells? What spells? Damn, this sucks. I thought it was just the rune.

I have a save at the beginning of this campaign. It took me forever to beat Ludwig, but I'm almost definitely going to start over now. Because no fucking way am I going to continue knowing I've missed major components. I'm not doing it again on ++++.

Ferr986

after looking at videos I fairly convinced that the bosses in this dlc have the same health pool and damage output in NG+ as they do in NG. Which would explain why some feel they are to tanky in NG.

Anyone else notice this?

Thats impossible. I have almost 1900hp and the first boss on NG++ could two shoot me easily. Hell his ram took up 90% of my health. Ng+ and++ isnt that different and no way an NG char could survive that.

I have a save at the beginning of this campaign. It took me forever to beat Ludwig, but I'm almost definitely going to start over now. Because no fucking way am I going to continue knowing I've missed major components. I'm not doing it again on ++++.

The hunters tools I mean, the one when you shoot beams with your eye and another one when you get the rune a talk to a certain NPC. I think only arcane builds really beneficts with those spells

myco666

Anyone else notice this?

Interesting. Will do some research and will be back with my results.

You missed
Accursed Brew and Blacksky Eye
and both of them are pretty great. Tested them on Mensis NG and killed enemies with one or two hits. That is with 40 Arc.

Thats impossible. I have almost 1900hp and the first boss on NG++ could two shoot me easily. Hell his ram took up 90% of my health. Ng+ and++ isnt that different and no way an NG char could survive that.

my NG char had 40 vitality and could def be killed in 2 hits by that boss with some attacks.

The hunters tools I mean, the one when you shoot beams with your eye and another one when you get the rune a talk to a certain NPC. I think only arcane builds really beneficts with those spells

You missed
Accursed Brew and Blacksky Eye
and both of them are pretty great. Tested them on Mensis NG and killed enemies with one or two hits. That is with 40 Arc.

Time to restart. There goes six hours of my life.

myco666

my NG char had 40 vitality and could def be killed in 2 hits by that boss with some attacks.

Just tried to compare videos by checking how much health bar decreased on bosses with around similiar damage numbers. It actually seems that NG and NG+ boss health pool is the same. Or atleast pretty close to each other. Don't know how much the increases are in base game though so can't say how much it should go up.

Floody

O
rphan of Kos
is destroying me, can get it to it's last phase and just get killed everytime,
I'm guessing counter shooting it is what you need to do, but it's attacks are too fast, I miss the window most of the time and lose a 3rd of my health (if I'm lucky).

Just tried to compare videos by checking how much health bar decreased on bosses with around similiar damage numbers. It actually seems that NG and NG+ boss health pool is the same. Or atleast pretty close to each other. Don't know how much the increases are in base game though so can't say how much it should go up.

would explain a lot lol

myco666

would explain a lot lol

Well the recommend lvl 65 would make a lot more sense if this was the case when something like Logarius has recommended level 75 and is much easier than anything in the DLC and has way lower health. Still need to do some research with this before I can say for sure that they are the same though.

idonteven

tips for the optional boss ? im desperate

playing ng+4

my biggest problems is that i cant dodge the arms... i tried to dodge them but i got a 100% failrate

-Digits-

I bought this dlc excitedly on the EU PSN store. It took me about 2 seconds after finishing the transaction to remember I have the US version of the game. Fml.

silva1991

The place that had two hunters in church garbs after the prison hallway. There was the elevator you used to get to research hall. Now the altar has changed and it has the skull. Also if you go down from there you get new weapon.

Okay so I took the
skull
, but I didn't see any weapon!

burgerdog

4 STR weapons and 1 Skill weapon for me so far and I'm pretty sure I've missed nothing. Yay for Skill builds...

Also that one Skill weapon despite the moveset, looks like a saw blade while STR users get all kinds of cool shit. Ugh.

That's my only gripe, my main is a lv100 skill/bloodtinge build and I couldn't even equip the first 3-4 weapons that I found. My low level character only has 30 skill so once again I found myself in the same boat, unable to equip anything.

Astral

I don't have the DLC yet since I'm too busy with Fallout. Can someone tell me what kind of weapon the Bowblade is? It better be Skill.

Top Bottom