• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

wow he has a tiny hp pool and is really passive in your video. In NG+ his hp is insane and he doesn't stop attacking for more than 1 second.

Passivity might be due to my low insight. How high your insight is? To be honest the HP pool doesn't look that much smaller when I compared to someones NG+ run.

Shin-chan

One thing I have disliked so far is that most Skill weapons (or any non- STR weapon really) are gated behind the bosses. I went in with a level 40 skill build hoping to quickly snag a new weapon to do the rest of my playthrough with until I was ready for the new content but there's really only one before the first boss who is nearly impossible at that level.

One thing I have disliked so far is that most Skill weapons (or any non- STR weapon really) are gated behind the bosses. I went in with a level 40 skill build hoping to quickly snag a new weapon to do the rest of my playthrough with until I was ready for the new content but there's really only one before the first boss who is nearly impossible at that level.

Tell that to Arcane players, this expansion is heaven for them

For regular game stuff, what is the best course of action to do with Adella? Should I tell her to go to the chapel or no?

Chapel.

Facism

Passivity might be due to my low insight. How high your insight is? To be honest the HP pool doesn't look that much smaller when I compared to someones NG+ run.

it was 78 before the game decided it wasn't going to refund my insight after failed summons. Sitting at 32 now.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
second area felt like a mix of Tower Of Latria and Duke's Archives, and I have to admit it works really well. not really a fan of the boss there though

Duke's Archives is obvious but I don't get why people keep saying Tower of Latria. I can't think of a single thing in the level that reminded me of 3-1 or 3-2.

Even abstract things like "atmosphere"; it felt completely different to me.

myco666

it was 78 before the game decided it wasn't going to refund my insight after failed summons. Sitting at 32 now.

If you want to try you could lower your insight under 15 to see if insight affects his passivity/aggressiviness as that is the treshold for regular enemies.

But how do I make sure she doesnt
kill the other girl?

Don't use Ariannas blood. You can use Adellas blood exclusively to make sure she doesn't kill her.

Screw it,
Laurence
broke me. I'm not proud of it, but I just redownloaded my save from my usb every time I died so I could start outside the boss room until I beat him :(

Why though? Doesn't that take way more time than running to the boss arena?

edit.

Yes.

If it wasn't for the two hunters and the big guy that blocks the path to the boss room, I'd agree. I was just getting too frustrated at my inability to get through those guys consistently, that I was willing to put up with the extra minute or two.

Finalow

Duke's Archives is obvious but I don't get why people keep saying Tower of Latria. I can't think of a single thing in the level that reminded me of 3-1 or 3-2.

Even abstract things like "atmosphere"; it felt completely different to me.
area at the beginning (also how you need to go back with the keys to actually unlock the cell doors), checking dark/creepy rooms and narrow corridors on every floor (feels like, uh, some sort of maze-like tower while going up), even the enemies reminded me a bit of the Tower of Latria ones. oh I mainly meant 3-1, not much of 3-2.
might be a stretch but it gave me those prison and ToL (3-1) vibes.

B-Dex

I asked in the regular thread but I'll ask here too:

If anyone around 150-160 wants to help with layer 2 boss in defiled chalice please ring your bell :p

myco666

Grimløck;186798776 said:
some help pls. where do i go after beating OoK?

Hit the black thing that comes out of the squid thingy.

If it wasn't for the two hunters and the big guy that blocks the path to the boss room, I'd agree. I was just getting too frustrated at my inability to get through those guys consistently, that I was willing to put up with the extra minute or two.

I thought that run was shitty at first but second time I realized it was easy to run past every single enemy without getting hit.
For the big guy wait for him to kill the two guys on the door and once he is on cooldown just run through the door. He never was blocking it totally for me atleast.

How? I can open the other ones but his.

You get the key from near the second to last lamp in the DLC.

If you want to try you could lower your insight under 15 to see if insight affects his passivity/aggressiviness as that is the treshold for regular enemies.

Don't use Ariannas blood. You can use Adellas blood exclusively to make sure she doesn't kill her.

Thanks, is it bad that I already
have Ariannas blood in my inventory? Should I use it before talking to Adella, or should I just not use it at all?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
area at the beginning (also how you need to go back with the keys to actually unlock the cell doors), checking dark/creepy rooms and narrow corridors on every floor (feels like, uh, some sort of maze-like tower while going up), even the enemies reminded me a bit of the Tower of Latria ones. oh I mainly meant 3-1, not much of 3-2.
might be a stretch but it gave me those prison and ToL (3-1) vibes.

I guess it's just me since others keep saying similar! The initial prison part is obvious but that's barely even the Research Hall lol.

3-1 just feels completely hopeless and scary. And has a giant crucifix repeating crossbow! Research Hall is certainly freaky but feels more alive.

Anyway both are great. I didn't care much for most of the areas in Bloodborne, but I think I like each individual area in the DLC more than the original game's areas combined.

Floody

Hit the black thing that comes out of the squid thingy.

I thought that run was shitty at first but second time I realized it was easy to run past every single enemy without getting hit.
For the big guy wait for him to kill the two guys on the door and once he is on cooldown just run through the door. He never was blocking it totally for me atleast.

You get the key from near the second to last lamp in the DLC.
The Lighthouse one, or the one just before
and thanks for the help.

myco666

Thanks, is it bad that I already
have Ariannas blood in my inventory? Should I use it before talking to Adella, or should I just not use it at all?

I would just use the Ariannas blood and then take only Adellas blood and use it few times just to be sure. I am not entirely sure what triggers it but as long as you don't use too much Ariannas blood you should be fine.

edit.
The Lighthouse one, or the one just before
and thanks for the help.

Lighthouse hut or whatever it was. There is a guy lying down next to the door. Unless you have already killed him prior.

thanks guys

another regular game question:

should I use the tonsil stone? Is there any real reason to go to
lecture hall/nightmare mensis early?

cyba89

Had a few struggles with
Living Failures
but I managed to beat
Lady Maria
after that on my first try. Felt good.

The whole
Research Lab
area was really cool.

Who's the NPC with the rune and Hunter Tools? Wanna make sure I don't kill him by mistake.

Is the big head patient tied to a chair, pic in question, spoilers ahead.

Bloodbornetrade_20151124190528.jpg

thanks guys

Early chalice dungeon and runes

Floody

I would just use the Ariannas blood and then take only Adellas blood and use it few times just to be sure. I am not entirely sure what triggers it but as long as you don't use too much Ariannas blood you should be fine.

edit.

Lighthouse hut or whatever it was. There is a guy lying down next to the door. Unless you have already killed him prior.

Oh, I thought it was already dead, so just left it, was wondering why a bunch of notes were around it.

usp84

i have seen people go to
the Celestial Thing boss nightmare area

How can i go there?Is it from the door that is locked at the beginning of the
research hall?

myco666

Who's the NPC with the rune and Hunter Tools? Wanna make sure I don't kill him by mistake.

Adeline
. What is up with everyone killing NPCs in these games?

thanks guys

You can't get to Mensis with tonsil stone. Lecture Hall is one of the best farming spot for echoes so I would say you should open early as possible. You also get bunch of materials from Nightmare Frontier so you might want to go there and get those.

i have seen people go to
the Celestial Thing boss nightmare area

How can i go there?Is it from the door that is locked at the beginning of the
research hall?

Yes, its a sidequest from the same area, look at my post above to start it, there is a video with the item location to advance the sidequest.

M
aria
.... pretty damn easy to be honest
, at least in comparison to that first shit bag. 1st time woo. How much more is there to go ? And how do I get into those bits where some guys ringing a bell banging on about assassins ? Should I have answered yes to hearing bells ?

Just advance all your question will be answered, soon

Yeeeeees, optional boss down. Fuck him x)

I think I have a pretty good strategy.
First phase, not much to say. It's pretty straightforward, the cleave are the biggest issue b
- Don't try to do something funny on the very 1st attack, just get close to the boss and let him do his aoe
- Try to stay in his back, 2/3 hits then back off
- You can hit him when his charging some kind of buff, even if you get hit by something, it's worth it

Second phase:
- Don't lock this fucking camera. Seriously, just don't. You may think it's a bit hard to hit the boss without locking him but it'll save your life and your sanity
- Bring him either close to the fog wall or to the big statue. That way, if he decide to charge you can safely evade by going to the opposite side
- Turn clockwise around him when he spits fire, then hit him 3/4 times, then evade (don't evade to find yourself between him and a wall, if he charges you're dead)
- He has 2 "physical" attacks where he extends his arm, this is your chance to place at least 2 hits

It way sound obvious but with that in mind I finished the fight with 12 blood vial. I almost never got hit in P2. Also, equip the Impurity rune to be able to summon a NPC. He's not very useful but at least he can distract the boss for a couple of minute x)

Top Bottom