• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

iBlue

There's a little shadow thing that is by the Orphan of Kos that you have to attack that when you kill it, it says nightmare slain that officially ends it.

Thanks dude now i am officially done with Bloodborne :) got all the trophies for the normal game and DLC as well. It's been a hell of a ride :D

Chaeotic

Neo Member
Funny how some struggle with certain bosses in the From series, while others don't at all. And vice versa - (boss spoilers)
Downed Ludwig, Celestial, Maria all first shot. Kos and Laurence though... Fuck them both. Kos in particular - Laurence feels artificial with the second phase damage windows. Makes Ebrietas look like a chump. At least Kos was aggressive, I had to actively adapt my playstyle to take that mother down

Shame about the length of the DLC, it feels like a dessert more than anything. Never complain to having more Bloodborne though!

is there any penalty to joining the League?

Nope, except for the Vermin farming to complete the League sidequest.

Fun Fact of Old Hunters DLC,

If you completed the League sidequest and summon Valtr on the DLC, His phantom confirms He is the constable who ate the beast and get the title of Beast eater and he is not wearing the bucket helmet since he gave it to you on the end of the League sidequest.

If you dont complete the league sidequest he will appear as the League Master with her Bucket helmet instead.

Ceravic

Funny how some struggle with certain bosses in the From series, while others don't at all. And vice versa - (boss spoilers)
Downed Ludwig, Celestial, Maria all first shot. Kos and Laurence though... Fuck them both. Kos in particular - Laurence feels artificial with the second phase damage windows. Makes Ebrietas look like a chump. At least Kos was aggressive, I had to actively adapt my playstyle to take that mother down

Shame about the length of the DLC, it feels like a dessert more than anything. Never complain to having more Bloodborne though!

Yeah, everyone at my work plays all the From games some of the bosses i get stuck on I get infuriated with when they don't get stuck on. Then there are bosses that they all hate that I generally get through without a problem. It's one of the awesome things about their games.

Grimløck;186806612 said:
is there a way to get the deer-horn costume?

Yes, Bradon invades you in several key places, every first time you defeat him in that area will drop a part of his armor set except for the weapon.

I'm at the stairs too

Also how do I get the moonlight sword?
just killed Ludwig

Use a Church armor set and speak to him

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
DSP literally quitting the DLC because he can't pass Ludwig after 60 deaths lol.

Why he won't summon real people like he did with other bosses, who knows.

Chaeotic

Neo Member
Yeah, everyone at my work plays all the From games some of the bosses i get stuck on I get infuriated with when they don't get stuck on. Then there are bosses that they all hate that I generally get through without a problem. It's one of the awesome things about their games.

Exactly right - depending on your playstyle, some bosses are easier than easier for certain people. I'm an aggressive player, so bosses like Kos and Laurence who demand patience push me, similar to Flamelurker in Demon, or the triplets in Dark Souls 2.

Overall though, highly rate the DLC. length may be lacking, but content wise, we got plenty of new weapon, a ton of new lore to pour over, and quite a few viable builds as well. PVP and chalice over the next few months is going to be excellent! Right after I finish Dark Souls again that is - I've got this weird hankering for it now...

Took down (third boss spoiler)
Lady Maria
she really puts a fight, and is one of the coolest fights in bloodborne
whe she goes all chikage on you I was like that's cool, then she added fire and parry attacks, and I was like..."holy shit!" only took me 3 tries or so, so it was doable. Also this basically confirms that the doll is her, Gerhman made the doll using her image (and maybe partially her spirit or something?)

Also fuck those giant shark dudes, fuck them hard.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Grimløck;186807362 said:
okay, cool. i think i fought him 2x in the fishing village area.

he only shows up in the DLC areas?

Fight him back in the jail cells if you want his helmet.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I knew he can't beat it on NG+

I'm not quite sure why he bumped it up to NG+. I was curious as to how he'd approach it and he seemed to be doing fine yesterday. However 50+ deaths in 90 minutes and he's saying the DLC was designed for only the upper echelon of gamers.

Wagram

And. . .DSP ragequits the game. Guesses as to which boss did it.

Yup. What I fail to understand is why one immediately blames the game for 60+ deaths when FROM Software went well out of there way to add options. There are more ways than ever to summon npcs or other players to remove roadblocks. This way allows for challenge for the more advanced user and it lifts the burden off the more casual fan with ways to ease the difficulty.

Honestly, he should have taken a break. I had to take one, and then I came back and killed it on the second try. That was in the 20+ death range myself.

SilentRob

Holy fucking christ (first boss spoiler)
Ludwig
on NG++ kicked my ass like nothing else in this or any other Souls game ever did. I had no chance. I got through the previous content fine - died A LOT and felt like it was harder than anything else in Bloodborne, but I loved it. That boss on NG++ though? I couldn't do it. No way.

I had to get the help of an NPC AND another player...and even then it was close as hell. At least the way he died made me feel kind of awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2kDUJvYJso

Have to say though: After playing Witcher 3 with all it's options to play the DLC, this is kind of a kick in the nuts. If I want to use my main character I have to play in NG++-mode, if I start a new one I first have to level him several hours to be ready for the DLC. This thing needs some option to go offline, create a new Character with Level 60, 70 or something that I can't use online and just immediatly start the DLC. Or, even better: Give me the option to start a New Game+ after fighting the last boss and don't just start it immediatly. Back then I wanted to finish the games two times but because of that I now first had to play to Amelia again (which, I admit, didn't take too long) and the DLC is probably a lot harder than intended on your first run.

So, I need some help for the Eileen the Crow sidequest. I'm pretty sure I met her the first time, but that was before I started back up to do the DLC so its been a while. I don't think I talked to her the second time near cathedral ward and she isn't there now.

Do I need to open the hunter emblem gate for her to appear? I already beat Amelia without ever opening that gate.

The Oedon Tomb lamp is still choosable, so that means the fight isn't going on...

Any suggestions?

KRaZyAmmo

Just beat
Lady Maria
. Holy crap that was great. Does anyone know where you find the Harrowed Hunter after you defeat
Lady Maria
?

Darak

I'm not quite sure why he bumped it up to NG+. I was curious as to how he'd approach it and he seemed to be doing fine yesterday. However 50+ deaths in 90 minutes and he's saying the DLC was designed for only the upper echelon of gamers.

I'm exactly in his shoes. If you are a casual Souls player like myself that seems the logical thing to do. I already have a save file and starting a new game would take a lot of time until my new character is powerful enough. In NG the content up to this boss is extremely easy. The difficulty spike there is absolutely insane and unexpected.

Top Bottom