• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

The new tracks are so good. I was not on board for Bloodborne 2 before The Old Hunters but now I need it.

Best Souls expansion. Such a memorable and diverse sequence of areas and bosses, great atmosphere, incredible additions to equipment and it was a ton of fun to explore. I bet I missed a few things, especially in the clock tower considering how labyrinthine it is. If only they could make the entire sequel this great.

Only thing I hate are those enemies with anchors. Fuck them.

The new tracks are so good. I was not on board for Bloodborne 2 before The Old Hunters but now I need it.

Best Souls expansion. Such a memorable and diverse sequence of areas and bosses, great atmosphere, incredible additions to equipment and it was a ton of fun to explore. I bet I missed a few things, especially in the clock tower considering how labyrinthine it is. If only they could make the entire sequel this great.

Only thing I hate are those enemies with anchors. Fuck them.

I've read somewhere that they would drop with the Souls stuff for awhile (if not forever).
I also fucking need a Bloodborne 2 :( Or at least another DLC. I agree it was a good DLC, but for the price it could have been a bit bigger :/

I've read somewhere that they would drop with the Souls stuff for awhile (if not forever).
I also fucking need a Bloodborne 2 :( Or at least another DLC. I agree it was a good DLC, but for the price it could have been a bit bigger :/

I guess a sequel would be more up to Sony. I doubt Miyazaki is gonna say no to that. Besides, the old rumor was that Sony and From have a deal for three exclusives.

Thats not what has been said at all, its dark souls that is stopping after 3, more souls like are still possible.
I'm glad miyazaki should make what ever stories he wants to make, not just dosh out souls sequels without heart

Despera

Banned
M
aria
.... pretty damn easy to be honest
, at least in comparison to that first shit bag. 1st time woo. How much more is there to go ? And how do I get into those bits where some guys ringing a bell banging on about assassins ? Should I have answered yes to hearing bells ?
Nicely done. Indeed she's much easier than some of the shit thrown your way in the DLC.

I got her on my 3rd attempt. Died the first 2 times without seeing her second phase.

Here's the fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywvp0m6TztM

At the end there I decided I won't heal unless I get the parry timing right :p. Have a feeling I didn't get to see her full moveset (from the 2nd and 3rd phases).

Edit: I just realized she died in the same spot I died in the previous attempt. Talk about catharsis lol

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Old Hunters was apparently a combination of two DLCs right? I wonder if anything was cut.

Starting area with L
aurence
+ L
udwig
& Research Hall makes sense for one DLC, but what would the second DLC be, just the Hamlet?

Thats not what has been said at all, its dark souls that is stopping after 3, more souls like are still possible.
I'm glad miyazaki should make what ever stories he wants to make, not just dosh out souls sequels without heart

Well Miyazaki and his team will still make games, but apparently he wants to move on from the "Souls" kind of game (including Bloodborne).
At least that's what I understand when I read this.

But hey, I'll trade one of my parent for a sequel :)

Hale_C

(Final boss spoilers)
Jesus, orphans second form is nasty, so fast and aggressive. His first form isn't too big of an issue but I'm definitely feeling tested.

Well Miyazaki and his team will still make games, but apparently he wants to move on from the "Souls" kind of game (including Bloodborne).
At least that's what I understand when I read this.

But hey, I'll trade one of my parent for a sequel :)

To be fair he also said he wants to make 'lighter' games after Dark Souls 1. He likes to mess around.

I agree with letting Souls rest, at least for a while. Bloodborne 2 has too much potential to let it rest now though. The third Sony exclusive can be something different.

Murkas

Chalice dungeons are way better for vials and bullets. They give you so much echoes you can easily buy tons of them. I have a fetid rotten great ihyll root chalice where killing NPC hunters grants about 120K echoes each. That's 240 bullets for example just for killing 1 enemy.

Yeah now that I remember, chalice dungeons massively boosted my level as I was on route to fight Yharnam due to the amount of echoes they drop. Cheers.

Holy damn the
anchor guys in the well
...one is already super hard to beat, but when
the other drops
it's not even funny anymore O_O

Got the first 3 bosses down at first try but I've already been killed I don't remember how many tries just on this "normal" fight :|

Hypron

Yeah now that I remember, chalice dungeons massively boosted my level as I was on route to fight Yharnam due to the amount of echoes they drop. Cheers.

You're welcome! I had also completely forgotten about chalice dungeons. I was going to simply go through the story to farm some echoes until I remembered about them. This dungeon is pretty good: qifg37ku (you'll need to have at least opened a Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice with Rotted & Fetid Offerings before using it). It's not that easy but the first room alone has ~300K echoes worth of enemies in it.

Sullichin

(Second DLC area spoiler)
I killed two big rats and fell off a staircase that led to nowhere. I laughed that I fell for something so silly.. and then I immediately did it again.

Ceravic

I got through the new game version of the DLC and got my trophies back to 100% without having too difficult of a time. I think my character was a bit overleveled so I never really felt in too much danger. Rolled into NG+ and am doing it all again and hoo boy is this a different experience.
Fuck you, Larry Vicar.

Blobbers

These
dolphin
fuckers are worse than the dog skeletons from Dark Souls 1. Hot damn. Those charge attacks are insane-o

Did he rage? I might watch him :p

Not too much. He looks defeated more than anything. Started summoning Henriett, hopefully he beats it now. A 2 hour
Ludwig
stream is boring.

What is the best way to handle the guy who (regular game spoilers)
starts murdering people in the chapel and eventually transforms into a beast if you fight him? Should I even bother sending him?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered countless of times, but didn't find definite answer, so sorry to ask once again. But what's approx recommended level to play the DLC, around 50-60? I'm just thinking which of my characters to use. I understood the DLC gets way harder if your character is a lot higher than level 100.

iBlue

So guys after killing the 5 bosses and getting the new weapons its over right? or is there cut scene or something?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What is the best way to handle the guy who (regular game spoilers)
starts murdering people in the chapel and eventually transforms into a beast if you fight him? Should I even bother sending him?

Leave him alone, kill him, or send him to
Iosefka
if you unlocked her as a haven.

Ceravic

So guys after killing the 5 bosses and getting the new weapons its over right? or is there cut scene or something?

There's a little shadow thing that is by the Orphan of Kos that you have to attack that when you kill it, it says nightmare slain that officially ends it.

Donos

I'm sure this has been asked and answered countless of times, but didn't find definite answer, so sorry to ask once again. But what's approx recommended level to play the DLC, around 50-60? I'm just thinking which of my characters to use. I understood the DLC gets way harder if your character is a lot higher than level 100.

At least lvl 65+ for NG, around 100-130+ for NG+, maxed weapon with good gems. Something like this.

Top Bottom