• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Xeilyn

Thats all bosses down, i thought the bosses were rather easy but im lvl 100 on ng so that might be the reason. Died once to
Ludwig
and 3 times to
OoK, one shot the other 3.

Loved this DLC and will definitely go through it with my Skill, BT and Arcane chars aswell

SoldnerKei

Fuck those God damn shark frogs in that God damn well... So god damn frustrating... Came so close to killing them only for them to clip through the God damn pillar... Urge!! I will eat my frustrations away with pie...

as soon as you go down, circle the pillar to reach the first one from the back, low it's hp and then use a Shaman Bone Blade as soon as the first one goes near the second one, then... let-them-fight.jpg... kill the one left with low hp. That's how I did it, note that also died some times trying to pull that off P:

finally reached the fishing hamlet and got the bow, pretty good looking weapon, also the Rakuyo it's pretty good looking and with 25 skill points is doing good damage, still, I am playing with a Chikage build, so, any Bloodtinge weapon that I am missing? so far I think I have everything up to the FH, so if someone knows I missed one let me know :'D (I know there are some guns, but I lack strenght to use them)

mstevens

As long as we use a password it should be fine :)

Okay any preparation I need to do? I haven't joined the league thing with the vermin. Also my dungeon is called a shared dungeon already, but there is a code or something at the bottom right. I'm right at the last boss.

Zampano

On NG++++ at level 208 and it is insanely hard. Have done everything except two of the bosses,
Laurence
and
Orphan
. Think I may be done. I've put maybe six hours into each of them and getting nowhere. Co-op people arrive in my world and get wrecked by some of the mobs. It's nuts. Mechanically I'm there, but there is just no margin for error.

Might just wait until I do a NG and level up to a good place.

SDR-UK

Okay any preparation I need to do? I haven't joined the league thing with the vermin. Also my dungeon is called a shared dungeon already, but there is a code or something at the bottom right. I'm right at the last boss.

Nope. No special preparation or anything but you can send me a PSN message with the password if you'd like. My PSN is the same as my username.

Agram

Any tips for OoK? Parrying takes a long time and I have to spend all bullets and vials, but playing with a heavy weapon is very difficult.

Having loads of trouble with the L
iving
F
ailures
, believe it or not. I'm on NG++ and they're destroying me even though I'm 160+, going in with support and everything. The last guy died ten seconds into the fight.

deoee

Do I hear the bell? Or not? Is there a difference in the answer?
wtzgU.gif

Thats all bosses down, i thought the bosses were rather easy but im lvl 100 on ng so that might be the reason. Died once to
Ludwig
and 3 times to
OoK, one shot the other 3.

Loved this DLC and will definitely go through it with my Skill, BT and Arcane chars aswell
yeah by about ~35ish levels :p

Audioboxer

Finally got someone to help me with Ludwig. Had about 4~5 summons prior who all died very quickly.

I'm only level 58, but I wanted dat Moonlight Greatsword. Now to consider taking my strength build to strength/arcane.

MilkBeard

Damn, I've been playing Bloodborne like mad the last few days. Got the same feeling I had when I really got into Dark Souls. The DLC especially is bringing back that feeling, with all the weapons and the co op opened up.

I hope Dark Souls 3 continues this feeling.

myco666

Aww yiss!
Orphan of Kos
down on third try with my Skill/BT build. Hands are still shaking haha. I really love that boss fight.

Raitaro

Well that seems to be the reason co-op even exists. It just that they don't want it to be way too easy with co-op.

Got Simon's Bowblade for my Skill/BT character. Not really feeling it to be honest. Is it good when upgraded? Being able to enemies open for backstabs miles away is pretty great though.

I still can't believe they went with a bowblade instead of a Simon's whip or combat cross. Such a wasted opportunity to not put in a well deserved direct homage to the Castlevania series that this game (and the Souls series in general I'd argue) takes so much inspiration from.

That said, the bowblade would be the weapon I'd be most interested in finding I suppose.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Anyone lvl 80/90 in NG+ tryied the DLC already? I'm scared like hell to spend 20,00 euros and find myself underlevelled and stuck for hrs grinding.

Ferr986

Having loads of trouble with the L
iving
F
ailures
, believe it or not. I'm on NG++ and they're destroying me even though I'm 160+, going in with support and everything. The last guy died ten seconds into the fight.

Did it yesterday at NG++ too.
I just kited them around. I mean, sure they keep spawning but there's a point that they don't spawn anymore, and they're slow, so concentrate on one but if you see that you're about to get ganked just run and hit the one that is alone/easier to hit.

The meteors can easily avoided by running or blocking them using the middle pilar with the flowers.

Atleast that's how I did it. I think it's easy but you can get really nervous when you see how they keep spawning.

Anyone lvl 80/90 in NG+ tryied the DLC already? I'm scared like hell to spend 20,00 euros and find myself underlevelled and stuck for hrs grinding.

Lvl 80/90 on NG+ is gonna be tough, mainly some bosses. You level up really easy though, lots of blood echoes.

I'm standing outside the boss area for
OoK
and I just took am moment to look at how amazing my character's tattered cape moves. Honestly it's amazing.

I managed to beat the first boss yesterday finally after hours of struggle. The second area is really great, and I just stopped after getting to the next boss. I am also happy to learn that I havent done anything bad to lose optional items or runes.

Very happy about the DLC as I was already by the time I reached the first boss. I love how many new weapons and outfits they throw at you. Didnt expect
a freaking useful shield
to be available. I know what I will be maxing once I get more blood rocks.

SRTtoZ

The
Sharks
in the well were my biggest rage moment so far, I could keep getting 1 really low but then the other would show up to ruin the party, eventually I had to cheese them using kite tactics and line of sight. I hate doing stuff like but I guess it was worth it for the special item you get.

Seriously question, does ANYONE know where the other
shark
comes from? I checked everywhere and I never found another one to kill before hand. I'll be upset if its a random spawned enemy.

idonteven

The
Sharks
in the well were my biggest rage moment so far, I could keep getting 1 really low but then the other would show up to ruin the party, eventually I had to cheese them using kite tactics and line of sight. I hate doing stuff like but I guess it was worth it for the special item you get.

shark
comes from? I checked everywhere and I never found another one to kill before hand. I'll be upset if its a random spawned enemy.

look above you

mrmyhthef

The
Sharks

shark

It's on the ceiling near the ladder, but it might as well be a spawning enemy since afaik there's no way to get it down without getting the other one to low health.

Floody

Finally met L
aurence
, got it him to his final phase, without taking any damage, thinking how were people having trouble with him, only to get one hit killed, now it's happened 4 times in a row.

Zemm

Where do you go after Ludwig? I've spoken to the guy at the door but choose "no", so that doesn't open, and in the church is a "skull with a hole". Kinda looked everywhere.

Is the dlc harder if you play it in new game plus?
I stopped the game after i platinumed it but am now left right at the start. Of the game on my save file in new game plus! Had no idea I couldn't access the dlc from the start. Now I have to play up to the dlc access point and also it's harder than usual on top? What a terrible design choice.

SRTtoZ

Where do you go after Ludwig? I've spoken to the guy at the door but choose "no", so that doesn't open, and in the church is a "skull with a hole". Kinda looked everywhere.

Did you get the key from the dead Cleric Beast when you enter the church where you kill Vicar? (the nightmare version)

BriGuy

I somehow beat OoK on my first try. Probably had something to do with my level 10 whirligigg saw... Sure was a sloppy fight though. I recorded it for posterity and then deleted it after I saw how bad I actually performed. That does it for the DLC for me. I'm sad there won't be any more :(

Floody

Go get an item from the
Hunter's Nightmare Grand Cathedral
, then go back to the skull.

Is the dlc harder if you play it in new game plus?
I stopped the game after i platinumed it but am now left right at the start. Of the game on my save file in new game plus! Had no idea I couldn't access the dlc from the start. Now I have to play up to the dlc access point and also it's harder than usual on top? What a terrible design choice.

On NG+ you should already have the option to buy the key to access vicar.

So you only need to kill father g and her. Just sprint straight to bosses. Shouldn't take long at all.

The difference between NG and ng+ is hard to work out. Plenty of people are playing it just fine on ng+. I just tried it on my NG+++ char and if anything I'm finding the enemies easier to kill than my NG char did. Both using +10 weapons. My NG+++ char has better gems and stats though.

Cheers for the tips, guys! I feel like it's within reach now I've got more of a strat. They hit like a truck though. Str46 and my Vit gets halved by even one of their flails.

as soon as you go down, circle the pillar to reach the first one from the back, low it's hp and then use a Shaman Bone Blade as soon as the first one goes near the second one, then... let-them-fight.jpg... kill the one left with low hp. That's how I did it, note that also died some times trying to pull that off P:

finally reached the fishing hamlet and got the bow, pretty good looking weapon, also the Rakuyo it's pretty good looking and with 25 skill points is doing good damage, still, I am playing with a Chikage build, so, any Bloodtinge weapon that I am missing? so far I think I have everything up to the FH, so if someone knows I missed one let me know :'D (I know there are some guns, but I lack strenght to use them)

Yeah been doing that... Got super close each time... Will try again later... Just need to be more patient...

Mutombo

so i'm ng+, level 99.

got to the first boss.

tried four times. managed to get one or two hits in. 190 damage.

this... is not really fun.

started a new character, because the dlc skill weapons are not cooler than my blades of mercy imo.

got to cleric beast. get hammered. have to farm for vials.

Neoweee

so i'm ng+, level 99.

got to the first boss.

started a new character, because the dlc skill weapons are not cooler than my blades of mercy imo.

Did you buy new armor before you got to Cleric Beast? I made that mistake on a new character. The starting armor completely blows.

so i'm ng+, level 99.

got to the first boss.

NG+ recommended to be 120 with at least 1 +10 weapon... Mostly the Ludwig... Since the first boss you need to go ham on him

Top Bottom