• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Mutombo

Did you buy new armor before you got to Cleric Beast? I made that mistake on a new character. The starting armor completely blows.

just did. it's as if my old strategy doesn't work anymore. dodge left, wait, hit, etc.

and shooting him in the face to parry doesn't work... right?` If it does, then i fail miserably at this.

fucking hell. can't be bothered to go either route. ludwig seems really impossible. cleric beast and onward seems like a chore.

fuck.

SRTtoZ

Grimløck;186881561 said:
what does the guidance rune do? i have no idea what "boosts rally potential" means.

rally potential is the regain health feature when attacking enemies to get your health back.

Nameless

Ludwig
down in two shots. Glad day drinking is accepted on Thanksgiving because I needed a finger and a half after that one.

Kudo

Anyone know why I'm getting 4 damage per Skill point and only 2 from Str/3 from Arcane when using Holy Moonlight Sword?
Scaling should be better with Strength and Arcane, all the stats are near 20 so not over softcap.

Thread moves so fast so quoting myself if someone knows why does it do this.
I don't want to spend all my points in Skill just to realize it doesn't really help with the damage.

Agram

Can anyone help me with the fourth boss OoK?
I was so close but I can't do it. I'm NG 5 and level 200 so I'm underleveled.

I'm ringing in Fishing Hut.

duxstar

Can anyone help me with the fourth boss OoK?
I was so close but I can't do it. I'm NG 5 and level 200 so I'm underleveled.

I'm ringing in Fishing Hut.

I doubt I can do shit , I'm level 100 probably would end up screwing you over more by adding un needed health to the fight

Agram

I doubt I can do shit , I'm level 100 probably would end up screwing you over more by adding un needed health to the fight
IIRC, after one update, they changed coop meaning if you join me you will recieve a huge stat boost.
Just set a password gafhunt.

Mutombo

just did. it's as if my old strategy doesn't work anymore. dodge left, wait, hit, etc.

and shooting him in the face to parry doesn't work... right?` If it does, then i fail miserably at this.

fucking hell. can't be bothered to go either route. ludwig seems really impossible. cleric beast and onward seems like a chore.

fuck.

seriously, fucking fuck.

Thread moves so fast so quoting myself if someone knows why does it do this.
I don't want to spend all my points in Skill just to realize it doesn't really help with the damage.

The MLGS is split damage, so this means the scaling with arcane while an A is going to be less than Strength or Skill. If it increased at the same rate as str/skl when you leveled up Arcane the damage for the weapon would be completely unbalanced. Thats how from decided to balance split damage weapons, same way with the BoM and Burial Blade.

Now the reason your getting more damage increase by leveling skl over str is because your strength stat is most likely at or above the soft cap, which is 25. After that the increases arent as large. Leveling up Skill till you reach the soft cap will give more of a damage increase because of the B scaling.

EDIT: Just noticed you said you havent reached the soft caps yet. Interesting...perhaps the scaling letter is lying and Skill has an A while strength has a B? How upgraded if you weapon?

Zemm

Did you get the key from the dead Cleric Beast when you enter the church where you kill Vicar? (the nightmare version)

Go get an item from the
Hunter's Nightmare Grand Cathedral
, then go back to the skull.

I must be missing something because I've gone back to the Cathedral (where you fight Amelia right?) and looked everywhere both in the normal game and the dlc and there's nothing. I've interacted with the skull before too.

myco666

Just tried all Skill weapons that came in the DLC. Rakuyo, Church Pick and Beasthunter Saif are all pretty fantastic. Was really surprised how good the moveset was on Church Pick. Bowblade just seems to be bad when compared to anything. It seems that arrows can't be even used to parry which I find really weird.

Still need to get some character to test Bloodletter and Church Cannon. I guess it is time to do Str/BT character.

SRTtoZ

Grimløck;186882197 said:
ohhh. okay. should use it with a quick weapon then

Each weapon has a set amount of health it regains back before buffs with blood gems and runes, so I would imagine the slower weapons regain more health per hit.

HORRORSHØW

Each weapon has a set amount of health it regains back before buffs with blood gems and runes, so I would imagine the slower weapons regain more health per hit.
makes sense. but i find it easier to get in hits with a quicker weapon. sometimes the enemies dodge or stagger me when i'm trying to hit with a slower weapon.

zma1013

That music in the first boss fight is amazing and along with the presentation makes you feel like it's the epic final battle in a story that's just ending. I crank the music to 10 and there's nothing better. It might very well beat out BSB for me as my favorite fight in the game.

SRTtoZ

I must be missing something because I've gone back to the Cathedral (where you fight Amelia right?) and looked everywhere both in the normal game and the dlc and there's nothing. I've interacted with the skull before too.

In the grand cathedral in the DLC (theres a big guy in there fighting 2 smaller guys at the door) you go inside and the cleric beast is dead at the Altar and has an item in his hand that you take which allows you to use it in the church after Ludwig so you can go upstairs. Try and pull the lever.

Check your inventory for the key "Eye Pendant".

Fhtagn

seriously, fucking fuck.

My recommendation is to spend sometime doing co-op in NG+, to level up 10-20 levels, get VIT to 40-50 and which ever attack stat matters to your character to 40 as well.

Did you do any chalices? You can get echoes in basically unlimited supply eventually in them.

Zemm

In the grand cathedral in the DLC (theres a big guy in there fighting 2 smaller guys at the door) you go inside and the cleric beast is dead at the Altar and has an item in his hand that you take which allows you to use it in the church after Ludwig so you can go upstairs. Try and pull the lever.

Ah cheers, I didn't go that far in because I saw a boss.

One more questions guys. How do I get that chest
behind the gap that I get when I obtain the balcony key? I'm trying to jump and it isn't working.

Ferr986

Seems like that dude inside the well is the lost cousin of this fella

maxresdefault.jpg

He shares the same broken tracking.

Any tips for OoK? Parrying takes a long time and I have to spend all bullets and vials, but playing with a heavy weapon is very difficult.
I would try to stagger him for the first phase. The best time to parry is when he charges and drags his weapon in his,right hand. Try dodging his attacks without attacking yourself so you can learn the patterns.

What's a good place to grind a few levels in NG+? I feel like I just don't have enough hp to defeat the second form of Lud at my current skill level.

Fhtagn

Grimløck;186885050 said:
On my way!

edit: ringing

holy shit did gaf just auto-correct my acronyms?

iPhone? I think On my way! Is a default autocomplete. You can configure those in the dictionary in settings. And yup it is.

HORRORSHØW

wtf i joined but it was a "blood-addled hunter" or something and got wrecked lol
iPhone? I think On my way! Is a default autocomplete. You can configure those in the dictionary in settings. And yup it is.

i'm on my macbook pro. that's the first time i've seen that. technology, man.

Grimløck;186887069 said:
i keep trying to join but this happens every time:
CUwok2KUcAAgTqS.png:large

Are you doing random Co-op or with password and someone else? Take off the HoH rune it will sometimes bring you in as an adversary if the person your matching with is Blood-Addled

Audioboxer

Wish they patched in an item like in DS2 for resetting builds! This DLC with all the new weapons and guns really bulks up Bloodborne build variety.

myco666

Okay this is hilarious. I just beat
Ludwig
on NG++ with "first" try and now those
two Church hunters kill me instantly and I am having problems getting either of them down.

Kudo

The MLGS is split damage, so this means the scaling with arcane while an A is going to be less than Strength or Skill. If it increased at the same rate as str/skl when you leveled up Arcane the damage for the weapon would be completely unbalanced. Thats how from decided to balance split damage weapons, same way with the BoM and Burial Blade.

Now the reason your getting more damage increase by leveling skl over str is because your strength stat is most likely at or above the soft cap, which is 25. After that the increases arent as large. Leveling up Skill till you reach the soft cap will give more of a damage increase because of the B scaling.

EDIT: Just noticed you said you havent reached the soft caps yet. Interesting...perhaps the scaling letter is lying and Skill has an A while strength has a B? How upgraded if you weapon?

It's +10.
Scalings are Str B/Skill C/Arcane A so yes, it's definitely very weird how skill increases the damage the most.
Oh well, I guess the numbers aren't lying so I should just go for it.

Top Bottom