• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

definitely broken and needs to be addressed
Not in my experience. Way more traffic than even the original release had.

Grimløck;186887642 said:
password. hoh is the stamina recovery rune?
Yea thats the one. In general if youre doing password matching taking off the Oath runes makes it smoother since the game isnt taking into account any other variables than matching you up for Co-op.

It's +10.
Scalings are Str B/Skill C/Arcane A so yes, it's definitely very weird how skill increases the damage the most.
Oh well, I guess the numbers aren't lying so I should just go for it.

Do it. Im at 25str 20skll 50 Arcane with 19.3+21.5+21.5 Nourishing gems and my AR is 858. Weapons is so fun to use especially if you can time the R2s

Persona7

Banned
I can still invade pretty much within ten seconds but getting someone to join my game takes 20-30 minutes or it doesn't happen at all. The first night I was able to summon a bunch of people in a row but not anymore.

Killed
Laurence
today after many many tries (he's one cheap motherfucker), but The payoff is worth it, looking badass:

BUItimn.jpg

I got all trophies and I'm willing to help people struggling with the bosses.

Ferr986

oK. OoK.... so wtf? This is the most crazy Souls boss ever.

I mean, sure, big L was hard but atleast once you get the first phase everything is ok and there's always room to hit him.
But here the second phase is just insane. Dude goes absolutely bananas. Like, when I can even hit him if he just wont stop attacking and jumping around and throwing shit. I don't really see how I can approach him without being hit with whatever stuff he will do.

bryt

Anyone else find the 2nd phase of
Laurence
to be a lot easier than his 1st phase? His 1st phase he's kind of unpredictable at times so I've died at least 50+ times to him during the 1st phase, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

In the 2nd phase he's only got 3 or 4 attacks and it's so much easier to manage. I've only made it to the 2nd phase 3 times, but each time I've come close to killing him. I just use too many blood vials in the 1st phase. I think the next time I make it to the 2nd phase I'll get him.

taybul

Okay this is hilarious. I just beat
Ludwig
on NG++ with "first" try and now those
two Church hunters kill me instantly and I am having problems getting either of them down.
They caught me off guard at first but I focused on the melee, using the tomb above the steps to separate the two and took melee out first. When I went for the ranged she quickly blasted me in the face 3 times for a death lol. Fortunately they don't respawn.

4829, thank you.

Alright ready and ringing at Nightmare Church.

I mean, sure, big L was hard but atleast once you get the first phase everything is ok and there's always room to hit him.
But here the second phase is just insane. Dude goes absolutely bananas. Like, when I can even hit him if he just wont stop attacking and jumping around and throwing shit. I don't really see how I can approach him without being hit with whatever stuff he will do.

Yea the last boss is an absolute doozy. Tip for second phase:
When he jumps towards you and throw shit underneath himself, dodge backwards. Like hold back and press Circle or else you will always get hit.
For the lightning and crazy ass slashes he does...well...good luck and I hope youre good at dodging lol

Vitor711

Uh, I can't find the messenger with the item that lets you start the DLC.

Anyone had this issue? I just beat Vicar Amelia and activated the cutscene at the altar, but still nothing. I've reset my PS4, quit the game, nothing works.

Okay this is hilarious. I just beat
Ludwig
on NG++ with "first" try and now those
two Church hunters kill me instantly and I am having problems getting either of them down.

Use the Executioner Gloves, then chase the spell towards the target. When they collide, they'll be stunned and completely open for you to combo them further.

Use this on all troublesome human enemies. You guarantee yourself an opening.

myco666

Yeah he is pretty insane on that second phase. There are very specific times when you can hit him couple of times and with faster weapons you can even get backstab if you time it right. What NG were you on?

Ferr986

Alright ready and ringing at Nightmare Church.

Yea the last boss is an absolute doozy. Tip for second phase:
When he jumps towards you and throw shit underneath himself, dodge backwards. Like hold back and press Circle or else you will always get hit.
For the lightning and crazy ass slashes he does...well...good luck and I hope youre good at dodging lol

Thanks,
yeah that jumps sucks, almost always eat it. The lighting I got I have to run to the entrance.
I mean, I can do first form no problem with dodging, but the second phase, it's imposible. Not only he won't stop attacking, but also a lot of his attacks are rushes so I can't punish him after his attack because he's so far. I really don't have much oportunities to land a hit :(

Yeah he is pretty insane on that second phase. There are very specific times when you can hit him couple of times and with faster weapons you can even get backstab if you time it right. What NG were you on?

NG++. Problem is that both 1handed Burial Blade/Ludwig does not much damage, so Im using 2handed Burial Blade. It works good in his first phase but the second... yeah, second phase is a clusterfuck.... I swear he has more defense than big L, I deal less damage than any other boss.

Tried parries but half of them I fail lol

Vitor711

Uh, I can't find the messenger with the item that lets you start the DLC.

Anyone had this issue? I just beat Vicar Amelia and activated the cutscene at the altar, but still nothing. I've reset my PS4, quit the game, nothing works.

Anyone? I can't access the DLC at all. This sucks.

I haven't done a lot of coop, so just to be clear, I am the one who must ring Beckoning Bell right ?

Yup you ring the beckoning bell. If you die just re-ring and ill be ready to go. If I die first then you die just ring again when you respawn, ill be waiting. If you beat him by yourself though just post here or msg me on PSN so I know!

burgerdog

I've seen a lot complaints about the camera. Best bit of advice I can give you guys is to stop relying on lock on. It's rare when lock on actually makes a boss easier. I find that free cam and rolling puts me at a huge advantage for the vast majority of bosses in this game.

Yup you ring the beckoning bell. If you die just re-ring and ill be ready to go. If I die first then you die just ring again when you respawn, ill be waiting. If you beat him by yourself though just post here or msg me on PSN so I know!

Ok I'm ringing the bell right now, waiting inside the church, near the lantern.

Ok, so O
rphan of Kos
is insane. It really feels like he can change the timing on all of his moves because consistently parry/dodging just isn't happening for me. Getting to phase 2 is a lottery and once I'm there? Dead. Managed to parry him in phase two once and then he proceeded to jump up and down until I ran out of stamina and one-shot me.

Ouch.

Holy crap, I just started this and it's already
destroyed so much lore speculation

This so much. Cant wait to see what the community can piece together.

Thanks,
yeah that jumps sucks, almost always eat it. The lighting I got I have to run to the entrance.
I mean, I can do first form no problem with dodging, but the second phase, it's imposible. Not only he won't stop attacking, but also a lot of his attacks are rushes so I can't punish him after his attack because he's so far. I really don't have much oportunities to land a hit :(

Yea the charge attack is really hard to punish, the like 4 swing combo requires you to dodge each one perfectly or else your dying or not getting a hit in. Phase 2 is really about being as patient as possible and chipping away. Had my hands sweating and heart pounding when I finally got the last hit.

Where o where did you get those sweet threads?

After the
Ludwig
boss there is guy in a cell talking to himself (first cell on the left after going up the stairs).

You get the key to the cell in
research hall patient room 3
, and to get the clothes just kill the guy in that cell (he serves no purpose apart from this apparently).

So no one's had issues accessing the DLC? Because I can't. Please help.

Have you killed amelia, touched the skull after and gone back to the hunters dream? If you have it might be a licence issue.

To fix this: Select [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licences].

Then go back to hunters dream and if its worked an item will appear in the middle of the stairs upto the house. The item tells you how to access the expansion.

Hope that helps.

Vitor711

Well guess I won't be playing this today since noone knows why I cant see the messenger with the DLC access item.

This fucking blows.

After the
Ludwig
boss there is guy in a cell talking to himself (first cell on the left after going up the stairs).

You get the key to the cell in
research hall patient room 3
, and to get the clothes just kill the guy in that cell (he serves no purpose apart from this apparently).

Have you killed amelia, touched the skull after and gone back to the hunters dream? If you have it might be a licence issue.

To fix this: Select [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licences].

Then go back to hunters dream and if its worked an item will appear in the middle of the stairs upto the house. The item tells you how to access the expansion.

Hope that helps.

I'm ringing Beckoning with a password, but can't find you :/

Silence the bell and ring again, your network matching region is worldwide, right?

Robot Pants

Ok so this is probably the COOLEST thing that's ever happened to me across all souls games.

Me and this other guy were helping someone beat
Lady Maria
. Now none of us know each other we are all completely random but..... Well you gotta see the ending. I was floored when it happened. Couldn't believe it.

http://youtu.be/GQXttDX4VUk

myco666

Thanks,

NG++. Problem is that both 1handed Burial Blade/Ludwig does not much damage, so Im using 2handed Burial Blade. It works good in his first phase but the second... yeah, second phase is a clusterfuck.... I swear he has more defense than big L, I deal less damage than any other boss.

Tried parries but half of them I fail lol

You just need to get either good at parrying or good at dodging his attacks. I really don't think there is anything else to it. It just punishes you big time if you fuck up. Even on NG 30 Vit one combo on second phase leaves you with barely any health or kills you.

I discovered something yesterday which while not related to the DLC, it blew my mind.

If you walk upto the doll in the hunters dream and do the "Approval" gesture, she starts clapping at the same time as you.

Agram

Ok so this is probably the COOLEST thing that's ever happened to me across all souls games.

Me and this other guy were helping someone beat
Lady Maria
. Now none of us know each other we are all completely random but..... Well you gotta see the ending. I was floored when it happened. Couldn't believe it.

http://youtu.be/GQXttDX4VUk
Awesome
It seems everyone is using that gesture

RiggyRob

Ok, we've met Valtr in the Forbidden Woods and equipped the Impurity rune - do vermin appear when you kill NPC hunters like Blood Dregs do?

Top Bottom