• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I'd just like to give a shoutout to youtuber Helloween4545, who managed to beat L
udwig
on his first try. Really good watch.
I beat him on my first try :(

To whomever's game I joined last night. We were on a pretty good run til he got ambushed in the cave D:

Let your summon buddies take point...! Though I killed that bastard right after so you can rest knowing he died for his sins.

Got my main into dlc. She is using kirk and in NG+++. Rushed to first boss..... I sware I'm doing more % damage to this guys life bar per hit than my dude in NG was. I take about the same damage too.
I imagine it's just because your main has way better gear/gems at this point.

Keep in mind, you're also on NG+++, as you get into higher playthroughs it seems like the level scaling isn't as severe as the inital jump from NG to NG+

As a joke I removed all of the armor from my dude like "is this what getting gud is?" and the boss did the exact same amount of damage lol

myco666

Got my main into dlc. She is using kirk and in NG+++. Rushed to first boss..... I sware I'm doing more % damage to this guys life bar per hit than my dude in NG was. I take about the same damage too.

Any info on how much HP these guys have in NG, NG+, NG++ etc?

I tried to count
Ludwigs
health by watching videos on Youtube (listed every damage number and added them together, excluded the damage numbers of consecutive hits and took only the final number that showed). NG has around
and NG+ has around

MeanArrow

Neo Member
Got a bit tired of my Blade of Mercy and upgraded the
church pick
to +10. LOVIN IT! Killed the second and third boss with it. Nice moveset and still pretty quick when two-handed. Good choice <3

Any info on how much HP these guys have in NG, NG+, NG++ etc?

Cant you buy shaman bonesfrom insight vendor?

If theres a difference at all, i can barely tell it in ng and ng+, a few other people have noted this aswell

p3n

Physical it is then.

Anyone knows any Chalice codes to get +27% atk gems?

Most I have I think is 25% and they have some nasty side effects :(

For Radial Physical Gems (other gem types are possible but rare):

You need to have access to Pthumeru Ihyll Root with Fetid/Rotten/Cursed offerings and you need 1 blue elixir per run:

glyph: "rkkefhkt"

Route:

1. First bonus area to the right after you spawn, head down the first stair and kill the "crystal lizard" then head back to the normal way.
  2. After the 2nd lamp on the balcony overlooking the cave, jump down to the left and head for the scorpions
  3. Enter the cave on the left, ignore the scorpions, while in the cave just before you leave the dark part, pop the blue elixir
  4. as you exit the cave, under the bridge arch to your right is another crystal lizard. Kill it and quickly move on into the next room with the pig-pile.
  5. In this room you need to reach the lever without the sage or the abductor noticing you. There are also spiders...(I usually RUN past the pig-pile on the left side until I reach the wall, then walk along the wall until I reach the lever)
  6. After pulling the lever sprint out of there without getting hit
  7. The boss door is opposite from where you dropped down after the 2nd lamp
  8. Boss is merciless watchers, cheese with Scythe R2 for safe strats or kill however you see fit (easiest boss in the game).

One run takes about 3 minutes and nets you 3 gems and often times 1-2 chunks. The crystal lizards drop gems (5)14-17 and (6)16-18. The boss will always drop a (6)17-19. What you are looking for are gems with + stamina cost or - weapon durability. You can also keep the ones with - attack against beasts/kin but you will need a weapon against each type if you want to specialize them this way. Sell all the gems that have bad properties or you will lose track of your inventory real fast as you will get about 50 gems per hour.

For triangle gems just use one one of the common Isz dungeons with merciless watcher 1st boss like "5pwujscd". Triangles can be any property (arcane, fire, bolt, physical) which makes farming them a pain in the ass.

I imagine it's just because your main has way better gear/gems at this point.

Keep in mind, you're also on NG+++, as you get into higher playthroughs it seems like the level scaling isn't as severe as the inital jump from NG to NG+

As a joke I removed all of the armor from my dude like "is this what getting gud is?" and the boss did the exact same amount of damage lol

I just think the DLC scales way less than the main game.

I had to beat Amelia before doing so on my main and she has a butt load of HP in NG+++ compared to NG. However
ludwig
is feeling not that different.

My main isnt that well equipt. A couple of 15%ish gems and a weaker one. Still more damage than my dude in NG.

Anyway I got her there for when I feel like trying to solo boss 1, 4 and optional sometime. Maybe I'll force myself to do the last couple of chalice dungeons first even though I don't like them.

Kudo

Anyone know why I'm getting 4 damage per Skill point and only 2 from Str/3 from Arcane when using Holy Moonlight Sword?
Scaling should be better with Strength and Arcane, all the stats are near 20 so not over softcap.

Ogawa-san

so, those 2 shark fucks in the well. anyone willing to help? NG+, 125.
I had one of them at literally 10 hp left but I'm not even sure if it matters to kill one and die to the 2nd one, if they both respawn after. after the 2nd one joins I have no idea how I'm supposed to win.

also I have no shaman bone blade, I'd need to go in a late-game area (and I'm far from that) or do chalice dungeons in order to get it.
The second one drops
Rakuyo
. It's not the kind of situation you get to choose one to kill, but if you do kill him first you can die and never go back there.

But yeah, you're not beating both at once in the open. Hug the pillar and wait for openings.

zma1013

Oh no, I think one of the enemies just killed an NPC through the wall or I accidentally hit him when I tried to attack the enemy. It's that NPC you first meet. One of the giant
whale fucks chased me to the 2nd bonfire in fishing hamlet and he got stuck attacking through the wall. All of a sudden I just received the bow blade out of nowhere and I just noticed his body on the floor by the wall.
Question is, did I get screwed out of a quest line or anything substantial?

I just think the DLC scales way less than the main game.

I had to beat Amelia before doing so on my main and she has a butt load of HP in NG+++ compared to NG. However
ludwig
is feeling not that different.

My main isnt that well equipt. A couple of 15%ish gems and a weaker one. Still more damage than my dude in NG.

Anyway I got her there for when I feel like trying to solo boss 1, 4 and optional sometime. Maybe I'll force myself to do the last couple of chalice dungeons first even though I don't like them.
Ah, alright

And yeah, Amelia was really rough for me on NG+, most noticeable bump from what I've played (prob because she's the hardest early game boss)

valkyre

For Radial Physical Gems (other gem types are possible but rare):

You need to have access to Pthumeru Ihyll Root with Fetid/Rotten/Cursed offerings and you need 1 blue elixir per run:

glyph: "rkkefhkt"

Route:

1. First bonus area to the right after you spawn, head down the first stair and kill the "crystal lizard" then head back to the normal way.
  2. After the 2nd lamp on the balcony overlooking the cave, jump down to the left and head for the scorpions
  3. Enter the cave on the left, ignore the scorpions, while in the cave just before you leave the dark part, pop the blue elixir
  4. as you exit the cave, under the bridge arch to your right is another crystal lizard. Kill it and quickly move on into the next room with the pig-pile.
  5. In this room you need to reach the lever without the sage or the abductor noticing you. There are also spiders...(I usually RUN past the pig-pile on the left side until I reach the wall, then walk along the wall until I reach the lever)
  6. After pulling the lever sprint out of there without getting hit
  7. The boss door is opposite from where you dropped down after the 2nd lamp
  8. Boss is merciless watchers, cheese with Scythe R2 for safe strats or kill however you see fit (easiest boss in the game).

One run takes about 3 minutes and nets you 3 gems and often times 1-2 chunks. The crystal lizards drop gems (5)14-17 and (6)16-18. The boss will always drop a (6)17-19. What you are looking for are gems with + stamina cost or - weapon durability. You can also keep the ones with - attack against beasts/kin but you will need a weapon against each type if you want to specialize them this way. Sell all the gems that have bad properties or you will lose track of your inventory real fast as you will get about 50 gems per hour.

For triangle gems just use one one of the common Isz dungeons with merciless watcher 1st boss like "5pwujscd". Triangles can be any property (arcane, fire, bolt, physical) which makes farming them a pain in the ass.

awesomeness!! Thanks a bunch! Time to make this sword imba :)

I tried to count
Ludwigs
health by watching videos on Youtube (listed every damage number and added them together, excluded the damage numbers of consecutive hits and took only the final number that showed). NG has around
and NG+ has around

Huh. Well I just watched my fight with him with a co-op partner. I did just under 8k damage and my partner easily did twice the damage I did.

Does co-op alter boss HP?.

silva1991

Man this dlc is much much easier with strength builds. or maybe the pizza cutter just does much more damage than skill weapons and that's way it feels easier.

myco666

Huh. Well I just watched my fight with him with a co-op partner. I did just under 8k damage and my partner easily did twice the damage I did.

Does co-op alter boss HP?.

Coop either ups the bosses defense or health. Don't remember which is the case but I can always kill bosses faster when doing solo runs. It is meant to balance the unfair nature of coop.

J-Skee

Welp, I'm done for the day. O
rphan of
K
os
keeps kicking my ass. Gonna take out my frustrations on a turkey. Happy Thanksgiving, GAF!!!

myco666

Lol, they need a better solution. Co-op makes all the fights way easier.

Well that seems to be the reason co-op even exists. It just that they don't want it to be way too easy with co-op.

Got Simon's Bowblade for my Skill/BT character. Not really feeling it to be honest. Is it good when upgraded? Being able to enemies open for backstabs miles away is pretty great though.

Man this dlc is much much easier with strength builds. or maybe the pizza cutter just does much more damage than skill weapons and that's way it feels easier.

Pizza cutter is great for monsters so maybe thats why you feel is easy.

Grimløck;186872261 said:
where does the harrowed hunter first show up again?

trying to run past enemies on my sk/bt build for the bow.

After you unlock the first shortcut to return to the first lantern.

I'm wondering about this as well, anybody know?

Update the game to the latest patch, like really upgrade it all, then load the save, dont load it before the game updates or it will mark as a corrupt save and wont load it.

Well that seems to be the reason co-op even exists. It just that they don't want it to be way too easy with co-op.

Got Simon's Bowblade for my Skill/BT character. Not really feeling it to be honest. Is it good when upgraded? Being able to enemies open for backstabs miles away is pretty great though.

Yeah I'm fine with co-op being that way.

Just watched a NG+++ fight against him and he had 28,000 hp

23327066975_91bc59a291_o.jpg

Finalow

got it at +10 and the damage isn't really good for having 50 Bloodtinge. and I don't really like the moveset from the blade so yeah, I'm a bit disappointed.

I feel like my STR character is going to get more mileage out of these new weapons.

btw, did anyone try to new Bloodtinge rifle? Bad for parrying but is the damage better than Evelyn's?

mstevens

Would anyone be willing to help me out in a chalice dungeon really quick? I want to get this done so I can go enjoy the dlc in ng+. I'm a bit overleveled at 170 in ng but I just can't kill defiled amygdala... Please help :)

SDR-UK

Would anyone be willing to help me out in a chalice dungeon really quick? I want to get this done so I can go enjoy the dlc in ng+. I'm a bit overleveled at 170 in ng but I just can't kill defiled amygdala... Please help :)

I can help in about 90 minutes or so, if that is any help to you? Just running a few errands at the moment. Let me know. :)

People seem to like the Saif a lot, but I dunno. When I tried the weapon, I didn't really like the moveset. It feels... a bit weird.
What advantages does it have?

its short version has a quick moveset and decent damage at +10.

with it I went ham on
maria and stunlocked her
with fire paper.

mstevens

I can help in about 90 minutes or so, if that is any help to you? Just running a few errands at the moment. Let me know. :)

Oh my god you would be my hero. I've never done this do you need to be within 10% of my level? I'm only in ng if that matters.

Fuck those God damn shark frogs in that God damn well... So god damn frustrating... Came so close to killing them only for them to clip through the God damn pillar... Urge!! I will eat my frustrations away with pie...

Finalow

where do I get the head piece for the ''bloody'' set? The one you get from
npc invaders in the fishing hamlet.
only piece I'm missing.

Unless I'm missing something the sawmajigger is the only weapon that's transform attack back from trick mode looks cooler than the transform to trick mode. That pizza slam

where do I get the head piece for the ''bloody'' set? The one you get from
npc invaders in the fishing hamlet.
only piece I'm missing.

I think I got it from the invasion next to the real Bradow's cell after getting the key from the Harrowed Hunter

Neoweee

So, did somebody use a random number generator to set Echoes again? The third area makes no sense. Everything is giving less than half of what enemies in the earlier, easier area did. Enemies in the Forbidden Woods give substantially more Echoes.

Santar

Update the game to the latest patch, like really upgrade it all, then load the save, dont load it before the game updates or it will mark as a corrupt save and wont load it.

So a save from the regular game will work on the GOTY version as long as it's updated?
If so that's great!

Neoweee

Lol, they need a better solution. Co-op makes all the fights way easier.

I like what one of the DLC bosses did in Dark Souls 2. She summons a number of enemies based on the number of players.

Co-op is supposed to be easier, though. That is the series' equivalent to an easy mode.

Top Bottom