• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

Got to last boss on NG++. Still haven't tried it but all the other bosses felt pretty okay on this difficulty. Those
enemies in the research hall were pain in the ass though as I tried to run through the area only to get caught by the arm wailing attack by all sides.

VinFTW

Dont have much time before Thanksgiving.

Someone want to help with OoK real quick? NG+10/11 is fucking crazy solo.

I'm sure I'll be able to get him on my other two characters but running out of time here.

Locale: worldwide
PW: GAFHUNT

Got him down to a sliver by myself, so it shouldnt take more than one more attempt.

I'm not sure exactly who helped me finally put this bastard to rest (I think it was Doubletake) but DUDE, YOU ROCK!

EDIT: If I used my eyes
on the inside
I would have seen that it definitely was Doubletake. LIFESAVER!

Mandelbo

So what does the M
ilkweed
rune do aside from give you an item discovery boost and making
your head look like broccoli?

Virdix

Came back to the game yesterday after not playing since i platinjmed near launch, came back at 125 and in NG++. Man i played for 12 hours yesterday, this DLC is amazing. The bosses
Ludwig and Maria
are amazing. The music on the first boss and the fight on the third are some of my favorite foghts in souls. Also, fuck that secret boss. He can die a million times for all i care.

Still have one area and I assume one last boss left to go.

Vitor711

Might be a stupid question but... game disc and DLC purchase are same region right?

Well, shit. Game disc is NA. But my account is EU. This didn't cause an issue with Destiny, assumed it wouldn't here. Guess I was wrong? So I have to buy this again from US PSN... How shitty that Sony has a no refund policy.

Murkas

Ook finally down, feels good.

Just the optional boss left and that's BB back to 100% again.

NG++ is really challenging!

So, I'm right at the end of my first playthrough. Even though I checked the skull after beating Vicar Amelia earlier on, could I still access the DLC? Or do I need to head on over to NG+ to access it?

Ellite25

So, I'm right at the end of my first playthrough. Even though I checked the skull after beating Vicar Amelia earlier on, could I still access the DLC? Or do I need to head on over to NG+ to access it?

My thought would be that you should be able to. Don't know if you'd need to check the skull again though.

Orphan of Kos @_@ - He only took two tries, but I really liked this boss fight.

Might be my favourite boss in the game up there with Amelia. Love the design, love the difficulty curve which I thought was tough but fair, love the arena, the cutscenes and the Fishing Hamlet was already one of my favourite areas. Wow.

I still have a bit to explore - the well and some stuff past the "yum yum" enemies (which might lead to the same place?) - When I reached the 2nd lamp in the Fishing Hamlet I actually thought that was all there was to the area. I saw -something- on the ground below and I thought it was going to be either just a visual (like a giant fossil) or the boss, and I was expecting a Storm King type boss from the look of the area, then I saw the rest of the Hamlet and I still had tons to explore - what a great area from the staple Souls wooden swamp area at the start which was very Valley of Defilement, to the area below with the weird sea creature women. The colour tone of the area was really enjoyable too, comsic, sea tones - perfect! Wow, wow, wow!

Ferr986

I GOT GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD

OoK down OMG that was so fucking close I had no vials left and was almost death and I risked my ass with a hit and got him lol

I fucking need a rest.

So for playing solely offline, it's useless? Well, shit.
Some offline enemies drop vermin (I've noticed it's mostly Hunter-types who drop, so the first DLC level is nice for that).

I also play solo offline, but there is one thing they do:
Join the covenant in Forbidden Woods, equip Rune, kill some vermin by 'Use'ing them like an item, go back to Hunter's Dream, come back to Forbidden Woods lamp.....and you'll have a new fight as well as a new Hunter Tool that scales with Bloodtinge.

Floody

As long as you have the Eye of a Blood DrunkHunter, you should be fine to access it.

konjak

Is it worth investing in the (early dlc weapon)
Whirlgig Saw
if I have a maxed
Kirkhammer
?

In my replay I have three of the new weapons at +9 right now, the
Boom Hammer, Whirligig and the heavy whip cane thing,
and the one you ask about easily seems like the best one for damage (I have mostly STR, but a bunch of SKL too). But my favorite to use is
Boom Hammer
<3

myco666

I GOT GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD

OoK down OMG that was so fucking close I had no vials left and was almost death and I risked my ass with a hit and got him lol

I fucking need a rest.

Are we the same person? I just beat him also on NG++ just now. I LOVE THIS FIGHT SO MUCH.

Top Bottom