• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

I GOT GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD

OoK down OMG that was so fucking close I had no vials left and was almost death and I risked my ass with a hit and got him lol

I fucking need a rest.

I was watching and clenching the entire time. Yea that boss fight is something else when it gets down close. One of the best in the series for sure.

Ferr986

Are we the same person? I just beat him also on NG++ just now. I LOVE THIS FIGHT SO MUCH.

I don't love it yet lol but it's probably the most intense fight in the Souls series.

God fucking lord I can't believe how close it was.

I was watching and clenching the entire time. Yea that boss fight is something else when it gets down close. One of the best in the series for sure.

oh, it was you? thanks for watching and supporting ! I couldn't write because I wasn't logged on Twitch on the PC and couldnt remember my pass lol

BeeDog

My hands are still shaking from the OoK fight. Definitely the most cathartic experience a Souls game has ever provided, ouuufff.

VinFTW

Well

NG+11 OoK is really hard.

He one shots you with most abilities.

Would LOVE some help but doesn't seem like anybody wants to.

Oh well, I'll solo it after Thanksgiving.

myco666

I don't lol but it's probably the most intense fight in the Souls series.

God fucking lord I can't believe how close it was.

oh, it was you? thanks for watching and supporting ! I couldn't write because I wasn't logged on Twitch on the PC and couldnt remember my pass lol

The second phase is really insane. Nothing in Chalice dungeons is that intense IMO. There is always something about to hit you in this fight and keeps you seriously on your toes the whole time.

Oh also did you do the optional one already? I heard it is pretty bullshit on NG++.

Well

NG+11 OoK is really hard.

He one shots you with most abilities.

Would LOVE some help but doesn't seem like anybody wants to.

Oh well, I'll solo it after Thanksgiving.

I'm willing to help! Just keep ringing and getting other people haha

My hands are still shaking from the OoK fight. Definitely the most cathartic experience a Souls game has ever provided, ouuufff.

This. Talk about a rush. I almost dont want to fight him again on other builds. Perfectly content with helping others take him down haha

Trying to find a gif that encapsulates the joy of having beaten OoK swiftly being taken away by
Laurence's
explosion city.

I think this gets close to the feeling...
vxYQ0WI.gif

Ferr986

The second phase is really insane. Nothing in Chalice dungeons is that intense IMO. There is always something about to hit you in this fight and keeps you seriously on your toes the whole time.

Oh also did you do the optional one already? I heard it is pretty bullshit on NG++.

Yeah I agree. I mean second phase is just plain non stop moving or you're done.
Worst part for me were the proyectiles, I couldn't evade them other than with luck.

I still have the optional boss yeah... I'll probably do it tomorrow because I can't right now lol

I totally expect a mess, even more because I think the camera is going to be bullshit there, like with Amelia.

Trying to find a gif that encapsulates the joy of having beaten OoK swiftly being taken away by
Laurence's
explosion city.

I think this gets close to the feeling...
vxYQ0WI.gif

LMAO yes, this is going to be me soon.

Arjen

Sooo I went to the Forbidden Woods and a new hunter spawned? Definitely DLC related because he dropped a new item relating to the DLC.

Dawg

So, uhm, what if you have completed the entire DLC but you still can't talk to Ludwig's head for the Moonblade sword? Will I have to do another new game +?

VinFTW

So, just switched over to my NG+ character to try and sneak an attempt before people arrived...

...1 shotted OoK. He's so much easier to deal with when you can take 3-4 hits before dying compared to NG+11 where he'll 1 or 2 shot you with all but 1-2 of his abilities.

Now, I KNOW I shouldn't be complaining, it's MY FAULT for going into the DLC at this high of NG+ level but damn.

Excellent fight though, regardless of difficulty.

Would love some GAFers help either later tonight or tomorrow on OoK NG+11 still though :p

How about that Lawrence fight then?... Errm, does he have any openings at all?!?!

I had my fire paper equipped and everything, then I saw the cutscene and realised it probably would've been better to equip bolt paper instead!

myco666

Sooo I went to the Forbidden Woods and a new hunter spawned? Definitely DLC related because he dropped a new item relating to the DLC.

That came with the latest patch. You don't need to buy the DLC to get that.

So, uhm, what if you have completed the entire DLC but you still can't talk to Ludwig's head for the Moonblade sword? Will I have to do another new game +?

Did you try using Church set?

Yeah I agree. I mean second phase is just plain non stop moving or you're done.
Worst part for me were the proyectiles, I couldn't evade them other than with luck.

I still have the optional boss yeah... I'll probably do it tomorrow because I can't right now lol

I totally expect a mess, even more because I think the camera is going to be bullshit there, like with Amelia.

If it is one hit kill on NG++ with any setup it is going to be pure shit I tell you that. It was manageable on NG but you get hit so easily because almost every single move has area of effect. The reward is pretty great though.

MeanArrow

Neo Member
Sick session. Played 2 hours solo just to get the
Rakuyo. Then I joined another player, we got to the final boss and beat him. It was the first time I fought/saw him. I can only imagine how hard he must be solo...

Ludwig"s head? I actually forgot about the sword and I was going through the area again and picked it up by accident.

Level 82 with a +7 cane and blades of mercy and these things can't even scratch that troll guarding that big door. Do I really need to beat most of the game, get a blood rock and then come here to be able to dent these fucking things?

Level 82 with a +7 cane and blades of mercy and these things can't even scratch that troll guarding that big door. Do I really need to beat most of the game, get a blood rock and then come here to be able to dent these fucking things?

NG or NG+?

On NG+ you definetly need a +10 weapon and decent gems.

myco666

Pretty much yeah. Enemy health pools are absurd here. Some have decent sized and some have ridiculously high.

Weapon spoilers
Okay Bloodletter is the best and weirdest weapon ever. Moveset is fantastic and damage is okay but what the hell is up with transformed L2. Inflict frenzy on yourself? Like what is the fucking point of that?

Fuck fighting that thing head on. Just run past him
and come back to backstab him when he turns around.

Floody

L
aurence
can go fuck himself, can't even get him to his final phase anymore. The glorified
Cleric Beast
looking asshole.

Top Bottom