• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: ‘Wukong’ Game Debut Drives PlayStation 5 to Top of Alibaba Tmall

Zathalus

Wouldn't game on a 20 bucks m+kb combo at all but if you build the absolut cheapest made pc for the sake of it, you might be right.
It’s Logitech and Microsoft business mice. Not wireless, no frills, nothing except a basic mouse or keyboard. Nothing exciting but build quality is good. Not shit cheap “gamer” branded crap.

Katajx

Africa too.

That's why Sony has very smartly started the PlayStation China Hero Project, PlayStation India Hero Project, and PlayStation Africa Hero Project.

Instead of wasting money on buying useless publishers whose games PlayStation would get anyway and complaining that the console market isn't growing, they are rightly investing into expanding their markets and growing their business. I really like that strategy.

It also helps employ more developers and develop new games.
Still waiting to see Lost Soul Aside again.

Fabieter

It’s Logitech and Microsoft business mice. Not wireless, no frills, nothing except a basic mouse or keyboard. Nothing exciting but build quality is good. Not shit cheap “gamer” branded crap.

Buy cheap buy twice. I wouldn't game on that setup at all especially with a fucking Microsoft business mice. But to each their own.

S0ULZB0URNE

2DXMOd3.jpeg

"Guy" DF and RejectERA are pathetic

ChiefDada

Gold Member
2DXMOd3.jpeg

I wasn't going to pile on because I actually thought he was relatively fair in his PS5 coverage with Oliver. I especially appreciated them acknowledging that most of the issues aren't with PS5 hardware, but with the fact that Wukong is a PC centric game that isn't focused on leveraging console features.....

But of course he has to revert back to his typical condescending ways with his tired "console magic" bs.

Zathalus

I wasn't going to pile on because I actually thought he was relatively fair in his PS5 coverage with Oliver. I especially appreciated them acknowledging that most of the issues aren't with PS5 hardware, but with the fact that Wukong is a PC centric game that isn't focused on leveraging console features.....

But of course he has to revert back to his typical condescending ways with his tired "console magic" bs.

Well I hope he continues bringing it up, DF is a major reason why the issues with shader compilation have been addressed from multiple developers, so hopefully the continued highlighting of traversal stutter will see that addressed as well. If even the PS5 I/O cant eliminate traversal stutter on UE5 then Epic should really fix it. Other UE5 games have this persistent traversal stutter issues across PC and console as well.

tommib

God I love my console magic. Why does he cope like this.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Well I hope he continues bringing it up, DF is a major reason why the issues with shader compilation have been addressed from multiple developers, so hopefully the continued highlighting of traversal stutter will see that addressed as well. If even the PS5 I/O cant eliminate traversal stutter on UE5 then Epic should really fix it. Other UE5 games have this persistent traversal stutter issues across PC and console as well.

My point being he always writes off legitimate console advantages as nonsense "console magic". And it makes sense that the PS5 suffers traversal stutter as well if the developers didn't leverage the hardware and api. So he isn’t making a strong case here. We're not wrong to ask for better discourse from a tech professional.

Let's not forget prior to the current gen console release he was claiming I/O wouldn't be an issue for PC because of ample system memory and emergence of DirectStorage. Pretty crazy how his outlook has changed especially on the latter.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
And it makes sense that the PS5 suffers traversal stutter as well if the developers didn't leverage the hardware and api. So he isn’t making a strong case here.
It's said it's not about hardware or API, but the UE5 engine. Same thing that happens on Dead Space Remake.

Zathalus

My point being he always writes off legitimate console advantages as nonsense "console magic". And it makes sense that the PS5 suffers traversal stutter as well if the developers didn't leverage the hardware and api. So he isn’t making a strong case here. We're not wrong to ask for better discourse from a tech professional.

Let's not forget prior to the current gen console release he was claiming I/O wouldn't be an issue for PC because of ample system memory and emergence of DirectStorage. Pretty crazy how his outlook has changed especially on the latter.

This has got nothing to do with hardware and API, UE5 fundamentally has a traversal stutter problem that should get addressed, to the benefit of both console and PC gamers.

jm89

2DXMOd3.jpeg

Does anybody remember when he was celebrating on that xbox shill discord with kobrille and co when the ps5 specs were released?

This dudes balls are shrivlening up seeing XSX not really seeing the advtanges some hoped for.

Make hime do the ps5 pro and XSX comparison.

Last edited:
Top Bottom