• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

IJoel

Question about disc 3:

I just got the Mechat and reunited with Zola. Can I finish the game story and continue using the Mechat to access the other marked regions? Or do they get locked out once I'm done?

Last nothings count: 1328

otthon

Banned
IJoel said:
Question about disc 3:

I just got the Mechat and reunited with Zola. Can I finish the game story and continue using the Mechat to access the other marked regions? Or do they get locked out once I'm done?

Last nothings count: 1328
Yes. After you enter the Point of No Return, there is a wormhole back.

So has anyone here been able to beat King Poo? If so, how? That guy almost wipes out my entire party before I even have a chance to act.

Lv 99 your guardian class for everyone and make it active.

First move should be Haste (make sure it is big enough for everyone but not to long, double cast it to keep it short), keep casting it every turn (it runs out as soon as the magican's turn comes aroud again, for me at least).

2 Healers with double cast + resurection. Have one cast two Z-heals with double cast, the other pre-revive.

Attackers should have Double Strike and counterstrike.

Equip accessories that have 'revive' attached to them. As well as ones that nullify status changes ie ribbon.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I've got a question about a side quest in disc 3...

I'm at some mech base on the southern part of the map near the subteranean cavern. I fought my way in on the airship but now I'm on the second floor of the base and it's loaded with laser security systems. If I trip around 5 or 6 of them I get sent down to the first floor and Jiro tells me that I should find a way around them. So yeah, that's all well and good but just how the hell do I go about doing that? I seem to remember running under one of them at one time at another place but after multiple tries it doesn't seem like that's going to work here. I can't freakin' jump over it. I can't use stealth. How in the world do I get passed these things?

Maru will do a flip if you press x. Either time your flip over them or go under them.

Have you not played the game? There are dozens of things in each room that you can get items, gold, or nothings from. Either you run along the wall, or you do it a slower way. In the end, if you want all the items, gold, and nothings, you're spending an inordinate amount of time clicking on nearly every object in the game.

There is not one item you need form non chests, iirc. As for as gold HA! I finished the game with 50 million gold. I only got 800 nothings and non of the items where exclusive to the nothing man.

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
So has anyone here been able to beat King Poo? If so, how? That guy almost wipes out my entire party before I even have a chance to act.
How do you get to Golden King Poo?

Also, if I go on to the part of the game with the floating cubes, can I go back to the old areas again?

otthon

Banned
typhonsentra said:
How do you get to Golden King Poo?

Also, if I go on to the part of the game with the floating cubes, can I go back to the old areas again?
On an island called Southern Deserted Island. Need mechat to get there, and 2 items to actually beat him.

2 Yes.
There is a wormhole in RobotCube

Just got 1000/1000 on this game earlier, ask me anything.

Llyranor

I just reached my home village. How far am I from finishing disk 1? I'm at an embarassing 15 hrs at this point, and I think I've been taking my sweet time so far. Hard mode is pretty cool.

otthon

Banned
Llyranor said:
I just reached my home village. How far am I from finishing disk 1? I'm at an embarassing 15 hrs at this point, and I think I've been taking my sweet time so far. Hard mode is pretty cool.
Just over half.

Llyranor

Cheers.

I'm pretty much enjoying the game quite a lot so far. The combat system is topnotch, especially with the decent challenge provided by hard mode. Character development is a lot of fun with the job system. Dungeon design is solid, and not having random encounters is a real boon for exploration. Gameplay-wise, this game is a winner so far (fairly traditional, yes, but I guess that's the freaking point). Though, I've been pretty much killing every enemy in the dungeons so far - I could probably get away with skipping some and being provided with a tougher challenge (and using the barrier fields is quite convenient, though quite mp-costly).

It's too bad the story hasn't really been much to write home about so far. The dialogue's not as bad as I expected - some of it even made me chuckle internally. I'm fairly sure having the Japanese VA is making a big difference for me; a bad English dub could really kill it for me. This is a great precedent for this gen, and all JRPGs need to follow suit (and it looks like Eternal Sonata is next in that respect - which I'll gladly support).

Music is topnotch. Not only the compositions, but the sound quality as well - for the most part.

I'm also very impressed with the game artistically/graphically. Every new area has looked stunning. The world map is a tad lackluster, though. And the framerate in battles isn't nearly as bothersome as I thought it would be - I barely notice it, if at all.

otthon

Banned
Doomgaze-MWFR said:
I didn't but it didn't work either :/
Did you get all six mystery parts? I am not sure for king poo, but the gold mecha does not show up until you submit the mystery parts.

otthon

Banned
Doomgaze-MWFR said:
Dunno, i'll check later.
I think i have those you find with playing the main quest + one you get on the floating cube

Alpha, gamma, deux are easy to find.

Beta
In the ancient factory, go up the long winding path till you get to a platform with a few Dual Lance enemies. You have to activate them one by one and defeat them.

Un
In Alumaru - Warehouse part. Fall through the floor near the end.

Trois
on a deserted island, not the one with the ghost eat eat. I think it is the west one.

JoeFenix

Just wanted to come here and say that I think this game is fantastic so far.

Been playing on Hard and I'm having a blast. Difficulty on bosses is great and the battle system is alot of fun. Feels extremely old school and it makes me feel like a kid playing a snes rpg. Music contributes alot to that feel, it is absolutely fantastic. A must for RPG fans but please take the time to download the Hard mode. It makes it SO much better.

Story isn't bad so far and I find the dub ''OK''. Marumaro would be annoying but the game actualy makes fun of him so it's hard to hate him:p

8.5/10 near the end of disc 1 so far!

otthon said:
Alpha, gamma, deux are easy to find.

Beta
In the ancient factory, go up the long winding path till you get to a platform with a few Dual Lance enemies. You have to activate them one by one and defeat them.

Un
In Alumaru - Warehouse part. Fall through the floor near the end.

Trois
on a deserted island, not the one with the ghost eat eat. I think it is the west one.

Thanks !

Frillen

I finished this game 2 days ago and this is by far the easiest RPG I've actually ever played in my entire life. And I've played at least over 20 RPGs.

The last bosses were laughable easy and were no challenge at all. The twist at the end was pretty nice though, but overall the story was rather poor.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Up to the end of the second disk now, saved halfway in the final dungeon on the disk. Disk 2 seems quite a bit shorter than the first one... but then again
I apparently missed a rather big subquest that I need to go back and do
. Disk 2 moved along a lot more briskly than the first disk, and the snow fields on the overworld looked absolutely stunning.

JoeFenix said:
Marumaro would be annoying but the game actualy makes fun of him so it's hard to hate him:p

I love Marumaro. I've been using the Japanese voices the entire time, and I think that helps a lot. Honestly, he's one of my favorite characters of all time. He deserves his own spinoff DMC-style action game.

FutureZombie said:
I love Marumaro. I've been using the Japanese voices the entire time, and I think that helps a lot. Honestly, he's one of my favorite characters of all time. He deserves his own spinoff DMC-style action game.

Smart man.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
So... um... how do you get the hard mode and New Game Plus? Can't see any DLC for this game, and it doesn't appear to be available from the start (in the UK version)...

Nolan.

iapetus said:
So... um... how do you get the hard mode and New Game Plus? Can't see any DLC for this game, and it doesn't appear to be available from the start (in the UK version)...

Think you have to download from Hong Kong or Japanese market place with corresponding account.

yukoner

djtiesto said:
Up to the end of the second disk now, saved halfway in the final dungeon on the disk. Disk 2 seems quite a bit shorter than the first one... but then again
I apparently missed a rather big subquest that I need to go back and do
. Disk 2 moved along a lot more briskly than the first disk, and the snow fields on the overworld looked absolutely stunning.

To offer another experience, I'm basically stuck in this game and not sure how I'm gonna proceed.

In Jibral, I made the mistake of entering Nene's airship underleveled. And there's absolutely nowhere I can level up my characters in order to defeat these 4 bosses.

Everyone is around lvl 24, but apparently that's not good enough.

After using a ton of items, and dying probably 3-4 times each, I was able to defeat the shooting guy, and Turbulent Mau, but am now stuck on th bomb guy and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it past.

My last save outside of the Ship is WAY back, so this sorta sucks ass.

Hard mode is good, but to stick me in a position like this, with no ability to level up, and 4 boss battles in a row, is pretty fuckin stupid game design. And I've spent at least 3-4 hours grinding in this game already, I shouldn't really be underleveled.

Oh well I'll try again when I get home. I know you're supposed to use winda on him, until they order you to cast flare, but despite doing over 2000hp in damage, I stull never get to the point where I can target the bombs.

One of his attacks takes about 250hp from any character in any row, usually kills Kluke or Jiro with one hit, and brings Zola to her knees...

If only these bastards were susceptible to support magic...any tips would be appreciated, but I'm pretty sure I'm pulling out all the tricks in the book here. Are there any status ailments that DO work on tehse guys?

Nolan.

yukoner said:
To offer another experience, I'm basically stuck in this game and not sure how I'm gonna proceed.

In Jibral, I made the mistake of entering Nene's airship underleveled. And there's absolutely nowhere I can level up my characters in order to defeat these 4 bosses.

After using a ton of items, and dying probably 3-4 times each, I was able to defeat the shooting guy, and Turbulent Mau, but am now stuck on th bomb guy and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it past.

Hard mode is good, but to stick me in a position like this, with no ability to level up, and 4 boss battles in a row, is pretty fuckin stupid game design. And I've spent at least 3-4 hours grinding in this game already, I shouldn't really be underleveled.

Oh well I'll try again when I get home. I know you're supposed to use winda on him, until they order you to cast flare, but despite doing over 2000hp in damage, I stull never get to the point where I can target the bombs.

One of his attacks takes about 250hp from any character in any row, usually kills Kluke or Jiro with one hit, and brings Zola to her knees...

If only these bastards were susceptible to support magic...

I can't remember if there was a warp thing there but even if there was i'm guessing you wouldn't be able to use it.? It does sound like a tricky situation.

yukoner

Nolan. said:
I can't remember if there was a warp thing there but even if there was i'm guessing you wouldn't be able to use it.? It does sound like a tricky situation.

Ya, can't warp here. And my last save is in the Ancient Fortress or something...

I dunno, I thought I was done at Turbulent Mau, and somehow found a way to defeat him after multiple tries, so maybe I'll get lucky here.

A couple lucky critical hits can make the difference.

Also, if you can charge your hit meter 100% I've noticed sometimes you trigger "Power Down' or "Defence Down" status, which turns the battle. So I guess if I can nail a couple of these early on I may be able to pull it out.

Why do I have a feeling that Szabo guy is just gonna fuck me up though...

yukoner

Just reading a walkthrough over at IGN:

This boss has
straight forward attacks; it will throw a single explosive to any rank and
cause about 150 points of damage (depends on the defence - that is average for
rank 15 characters at level 25
).

If anyone is wondering the difference between hard and normal, there it is.

150 damage with level 25characters, and 15 rank?? I wish!

I have lvl 25 characters, with a lvl 33 monk, a lvl 29monk, lvl 22 black and white magic, and am getting my ass kicked, with >200hp every attack.

Dire

yukoner said:

If only these bastards were susceptible to support magic...any tips would be appreciated, but I'm pretty sure I'm pulling out all the tricks in the book here. Are there any status ailments that DO work on tehse guys?

I also had a really hard time here. You can level up at the laser alarms. Just keep walking through them and you have an infinite supply of enemies. The most important thing for these bosses is that they're mostly 'top heavy'. They do tons of damage, but don't have a ton of HP. Don't try to have a clean and organized fight. Just unload on them. And double item phoenix talon's are nice.

yukoner

Dire said:
I also had a really hard time here. You can level up at the laser alarms. Just keep walking through them and you have an infinite supply of enemies. The most important thing for these bosses is that they're mostly 'top heavy'. They do tons of damage, but don't have a ton of HP. Don't try to have a clean and organized fight. Just unload on them. And double item phoenix talon's are nice.

Yup, I just remembered that, I can level up, it's just gonna take a while, triggering that alarm over and over....

Did you play on hard too??

That strategy is what got me through teh first two boss battles as well, just keep attacking, when in doubt attack. And i've found that fully charged attacks are the only way to go, especially on boss battles, both bosses I managed to beat, is when I switched my strategy to fully charged physical attacks, and got very liberal with the Pheonix Talon's.

Ya, Jiro's double item is definately life saver...

Btw - How hard is Szabo compared to these other guys?? If I'm having trouble with them, is it even worth it to continue??

Dire

yukoner said:
Yup, I just remembered that, I can level up, it's just gonna take a while, triggering that alarm over and over....

Did you play on hard too??

That strategy is what got me through teh first two boss battles as well, just keep attacking, when in doubt attack. And i've found that fully charged attacks are the only way to go, especially on boss battles, both bosses I managed to beat, is when I switched my strategy to fully charged physical attacks, and got very liberal with the Pheonix Talon's.

Ya, Jiro's double item is definately life saver...

Btw - How hard is Szabo compared to these other guys?? If I'm having trouble with them, is it even worth it to continue??

I'm also playing it on hard. Such a huge improvement over the regular game.

Szabo and the last general are actually the easiest two of all of them since their attacks are alot more predictable. Definitely worth trying to finish it.

yukoner

Dire said:
Szabo and the last general are actually the easiest two of all of them since their attacks are alot more predictable.

Nice! Good to hear there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I totally agree that the difficulty elevates this game to another level. After beating Turbulent Mau, that was probably teh biggest sense of satisfaction I've got from an RPG in many years, I was pumped :D That guy literally mopped the floor with me the first two times I fought him.

After changing my strategy, and putting all members in the front row, nullifying his Turbulence attack, I was able to take him down. I'd also routinely sacrifice people, rather than healing thems, I'd have them do one last attack, die, and then revive with a Pheonix Talon.

That's the really nie thing about the battle system, every fight plays out differently, and even when you think you're totally outgunned, you do still have a chance if you use the right strategy, and have a little luck.

It's a shame that on the default difficulty, none of this would ever shine through.

Sysgen

yukoner said:

I totally agree that the difficulty elevates this game to another level.

I've been playing on normal something that I regret dearly but I wasn't going to start over, I'll just replay it down the road on hard. I understand where the low scores came from. In the context of how reviewers play games they were probably bored out of their minds since the game is primarily battles and the default difficulty takes away so so much from the wonderful aspects of the game.

yukoner

Dire said:

Finally beat those fuckers!!

I had to level up at the laser alarm for about an hour or two, bring up my level by one, and shadow rank by 2, made some adjustments to my equipment, and concentrated on maintaining a healed party and it worked.

Also, I got a little lucky, he didn't cheap out on me as much as he'd done previously, and I got a few critical hits in there.

You were right about the final two being easier, I beat the next guy on my second try, and szabo as well on my second try.

Just left Jibral, and am thinking of heading to the Gorgo valley, after I level up a little.

Despite the frustration withj that last area I'm Lovin this game.

yukoner said:
Finally beat those fuckers!!

I had to level up at the laser alarm for about an hour or two, bring up my level by one, and shadow rank by 2, made some adjustments to my equipment, and concentrated on maintaining a healed party and it worked.

Also, I got a little lucky, he didn't cheap out on me as much as he'd done previously, and I got a few critical hits in there.

You were right about the final two being easier, I beat the next guy on my second try, and szabo as well on my second try.

Just left Jibral, and am thinking of heading to the Gorgo valley, after I level up a little.

Despite the frustration withj that last area I'm Lovin this game.

Make sure you get your accessories from the nothing man under the bridge, as you wont be able to return there for awhile and you'll be facing some pretty tough battles in the gorgo Valley. Im currently in the town in the snow area on disk 2. The second disk seems to be much faster in pace then the 1st. Its probably because the characters now have a clear objective, whereas in the 1st, they were just trying to figure out what was going on. Also, I just loved the design of the robot town. Gave me some Pixar vibes.

yukoner said:

I totally agree that the difficulty elevates this game to another level. After beating Turbulent Mau, that was probably teh biggest sense of satisfaction I've got from an RPG in many years, I was pumped :D That guy literally mopped the floor with me the first two times I fought him.

After changing my strategy, and putting all members in the front row, nullifying his Turbulence attack, I was able to take him down. I'd also routinely sacrifice people, rather than healing thems, I'd have them do one last attack, die, and then revive with a Pheonix Talon.

That's the really nie thing about the battle system, every fight plays out differently, and even when you think you're totally outgunned, you do still have a chance if you use the right strategy, and have a little luck.

It's a shame that on the default difficulty, none of this would ever shine through.
I am also having a hard fight at the "Hard" Difficulty right now. Had to fight the last two of them at least twice, because i didnt knew how they act and fight. After some adjustments I defeated them all, and I had only level 22. What I did before Turbulent Mau is just to swap my formation entirely, so the back row (white and black mages Kluke and Jiro) to the front, the others to the back -> into the fight, he does his turbulence thing, and I had my usual formation for the most of the time, wich made it easier to fight him.

The Game gets way better playing on hard, you just need to use more and more strategy in your fights, wich makes the gameplay even better and more interesting.

yukoner

Hellraizer said:
I am also having a hard fight at the "Hard" Difficulty right now. Had to fight the last two of them at least twice, because i didnt knew how they act and fight. After some adjustments I defeated them all, and I had only level 22. What I did before Turbulent Mau is just to swap my formation entirely, so the back row (white and black mages Kluke and Jiro) to the front, the others to the back -> into the fight, he does his turbulence thing, and I had my usual formation for the most of the time, wich made it easier to fight him.

The Game gets way better playing on hard, you just need to use more and more strategy in your fights, wich makes the gameplay even better and more interesting.

I actually tried that tactic as well, but he ended up using it twice fairly quickly, and I was back where I started. I think the reason I had so much trouble is that I spread out my Shadow leveling so much, and had only 2 characters with Shadow rank over 24.

In the end, using one row worked best for me. And as a side benefit, shield and support spells like Shielda and Quick work great with a single row, I was able to cast on all 5 party members at a time.

That's why I like the battles so much, they added just enough randomness to make it unpredictable, and there's also skill involved in hitting your sweet-spot during the charges, so it really is a matter of strategy, skill and luck which wins the hardest battles.

Hellraizer said:

Man, I wished I had gotten the dl before playing. Anyways, what I did in that stage was have one of my strong fighters in the back with my magic users and I had my other 2 fighters have double item cast/white magic. When Mau swapped my characters, I still had at least one fighter in the front row. And instead of using 3 fighters, I had 2 black magic casters/support and a fighter. This is actually more effective since a charged magic attack does way more damage then a magic sword attack. I just made sure to equip some accessories that negates any status effects unto my healers and used heal-all items/magic before and after Mau attacked.

yukoner

Masta_Killah said:
Make sure you get your accessories from the nothing man under the bridge, as you wont be able to return there for awhile and you'll be facing some pretty tough battles in the gorgo Valley. Im currently in the town in the snow area on disk 2. The second disk seems to be much faster in pace then the 1st. Its probably because the characters now have a clear objective, whereas in the 1st, they were just trying to figure out what was going on. Also, I just loved the design of the robot town. Gave me some Pixar vibes.

Yup, I actually grabbed a couple items off him before going in the airship, the leather belt and stomach band.

I dunno if i'm gonna bother with the nothing's anymore though, it's just too much work to check everything all the time...

yukoner said:
Yup, I actually grabbed a couple items off him before going in the airship, the leather belt and stomach band.

I dunno if i'm gonna bother with the nothing's anymore though, it's just too much work to check everything all the time...

After Jiberal Castle, the nothings become harder to get. So far in Disk 2, I've only gotten around 100 or so compared to 6-700 in disk one(just got to the town on the snow). I think you only need to go up to ~1400 to get the last prize. Anyways, I too have started to search for them less and less. Not because I don't want to, but because there are fewer places to search for them. In disk one, every map was littered with rocks/crates/etc. Not so much in disk 2.

SuperPac

OK I think I'm stuck. I'm just past Pachess Town.
The village elder told me where I'm supposed to go next... but does he mean I'm supposed to go to that four-leggend robot doing circles in the middle of nowhere? I got on that ship, got all the way to the end of the second floor where there are barriers up... I disabled the first two no problem but can't disable the third one.
Where should I go next?

Top Bottom