• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blur |OT|

mr stroke

iw23rs.jpg

Site
http://www.blurgame.com

Developer-Bizarre Creations
Publisher-Activision
Release date-NA-May 25 2010 EU- MAY 28 2010
Platform-360,PS3,PC
Players-1-20
Price-$59.99 360,PS3 $39.99 PC

PC system req
Core 2 Duo E4400 2.0GHz
Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+
Geforce 7800 GT
Radeon X1800 Series 256MB
RAM-2 GB
DirectX-9

Gameplay

sz7aja.jpg

+

2jayid2.jpg

Featuring

317b51e.jpg

xpq793.gif

FTWer said:
Should add this as well, as the multiplayer incentive, level-up & perks work exactly the same.
page0_blog_entry71_summary_1.jpg

Tracks and cars

The gameworld of Blur contains an impressive array of tracks and cars. Players can expect to pile up the powerups and put the pedal to the metal across tracks set throughout 14 real cities and other locations throughout the world, each of these featuring recognizable streets and landmarks. Just a few of these include, London, San Francisco, Barcelona and Los Angeles. The game is also filled with over 50 fully licensed cars, unlockable and purchasable throughout the game.

Screens

24wuesn.jpg

ehwt55.jpg

ve846q.jpg

Box

156tgtv.jpg

REVIEWS

DHlFY.jpg

Meta Score-82

Giant Bomb-4/5
Gamespot-8/10
Gametrailers-87/100
Telegraph UK-90/100
Game Informer-85/100
Euro Gamer-8/10
Cheat code central-92/100
IGN-7/10
PlayGamer UK-9/10
NowGamer UK-9/10

Carlisle

I don't know the first thing about this game other than cars. Mario Kart gameplay for real? I'll have to take a closer look then :)

Edit: Ouch at the PC/console price discrepancy.

U2NUMB

I sure hope it sells well enough to keep the online going for a while. I am certainly looking forward to it.

LQX

What a insult to Split-Second. It doesn't get a official thread and another racer coming out a week later gets one on the day it releases.

_RT_

mr stroke said:
much faster IMO(at least from the BETA)
some of the power ups make it insane "Burnout speed" for short bursts.

Was this an invite only BETA? Or did I miss a public one?

Glad to hear it's faster.

Pete Rock

Changes late in the beta that indicated Bizarre has control over the back end to datamine and shuffle powerup locations accordingly sold me on the online experience, should be a blast. Thanks for reminding me to preorder! :D

CozMick

Banned
anonymousAversa said:
11v74tk.jpg

obligatory

Ho-ly shit!

That picture is incredible :lol :lol :lol

Back On Topic, did anyone else get to play the beta/demo?

I hope there are more power-ups in the final game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I have absolutely no interest in this game at all.
But I did want to pop in and comment about how refreshing it is to have such a straightforward thread title.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
banKai said:
this, S/S and ModNation, how happy can a racing fan get?
Hydro Thunder Hurricane comes out this summer. :D

Which version is everyone getting? I'm getting the PS3 version, my PS3 can't live on Rock Band 2 and Wipeout HD alone. And I hit a brick wall in Wipeout HD, I can't get past 8th on the 5th campaign races in the original game.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Weenerz said:
Who is the lady in the OP and does she have nude pictures? These questions I must have the answers to.
She's Danica Patrick, and no nudes, but she does have a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue pictorial... :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i loved the beta, but thought the full game may grow stale quickly....

OP said:
tracks set throughout 14 real cities and other locations throughout the world

but now i may be sold again :D

LQX said:
What a insult to Split-Second. It doesn't get a official thread and another racer coming out a week later gets one on the day it releases.

based on the demos of both, its deserving of one, whereas split second is not

Pete Rock said:
Changes late in the beta that indicated Bizarre has control over the back end to datamine and shuffle powerup locations accordingly sold me on the online experience, should be a blast. Thanks for reminding me to preorder! :D

wasnt even aware of that! nice touch

ZeoVGM

Banned
LQX said:

Blur is the better game, so that makes sense. :p

(Seriously, go make a thread if it bothers you. People just started using the XBLA demo thread for the S/S thread because it was recently made.)

luffeN

twinturbo2 said:
Hydro Thunder Hurricane comes out this summer. :D

Which version is everyone getting? I'm getting the PS3 version, my PS3 can't live on Rock Band 2 and Wipeout HD alone. And I hit a brick wall in Wipeout HD, I can't get past 8th on the 5th campaign races in the original game.

tough decision on the version. pc for the price and because of having a delicate gaming rig. but then again ps3 with bigger screen and free online gaming.

btw: how is the online gaming for pc working here?

omg rite said:
Blur is the better game, so that makes sense. :p
From playing the Blur demo and a couple hours of the retail Split/Second I can't say I agree at this point (who knows what I'll think in a couple of weeks). That being said, I'll be getting this when it comes out. Most likely this will end up as my primary multiplayer racer for awhile while Split/Second is more the single-player game.

chixdiggit

banKai said:
tough decision on the version. pc for the price and because of having a delicate gaming rig. but then again ps3 with bigger screen and free online gaming.

btw: how is the online gaming for pc working here?

I'm sure it will be free just like the PC.

Also, am I the only one that plays PC games on a "big screen"? A PC hooks up to a TV just as easy as a little monitor.

Nabs

just saw it pop up on steam. checked the vid and thought it looked nice. i'll wait for a demo (???) or pc impressions.

Everdred

I really wish there was some information about the PC version. What type of online will it have? Games for Windows live? Will it just be like Bizarre servers? Voice chat? Keyboard chat?

Oh, so it's only on 360? I'll just get split/second then.

EDIT: Oh wait, its on lots of things. I was looking at the box. I was also watching some IGN videos that ended with the 360 logo. My mistake.

Mush

Out of the three racers coming this month, while this is defiantly the least original, it defiantly has the most potential. Will keep an eye out for reviews and impressions, as I regret not trying out the beta. :(

Peterthumpa

Game looks good but from the videos I've seem, it seems that the power-ups lack some punch, i.e.: homing "laser", bomb, etc.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Will probably get this day 1 (whenever that is in Australia).

I actually haven't seen or read anything about this game, just played the beta.

So I have no idea how the single player will look.

Top Bottom