• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blur |OT|

Will this get a demo on the ps3? I enjoyed the split/second demo and will be checking out the ModNation demo soon, I'd like to be able to get a good idea on what will be my next racing fix

Emitan

This or Split/Second? I can't decide! And they're both $40! Plus, I still haven't built the PC I'd be playing on them, anyway.

Nabs

Billychu said:
This or Split/Second? I can't decide! And they're both $40! Plus, I still haven't built the PC I'd be playing on them, anyway.
had no idea that was on pc too. damn. now i definitely have to wait and see.

edit: forget S/S. 30fps, no demo and no steam = no buy. now it's up to blur to win me over.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Billychu said:
Yeah, Split/Second is not a good port. The Club was a solid PC port, on the other hand, so I'm hoping Blur will be as well.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
felipepl said:
Game looks good but from the videos I've seem, it seems that the power-ups lack some punch, i.e.: homing "laser", bomb, etc.

the powerups are actually pretty cool once you learn the game, as they counter each other in a rock paper scissors fashion

Barrett2

Screw it, decided to go day 1 for this. I didn't play the demo, but this just looks too awesome to pass up.

Any word on if one version is superior?

Liberty4all

Banned
Debating whether to get this or Modnation Racers (or both).

Split Second demo didn't do it for me so I'm passing on that one.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
lawblob said:
Screw it, decided to go day 1 for this. I didn't play the demo, but this just looks too awesome to pass up.

Any word on if one version is superior?
No word on that, I just hope the PS3 version is up to par.

ZeoVGM

Banned
felipepl said:
Game looks good but from the videos I've seem, it seems that the power-ups lack some punch, i.e.: homing "laser", bomb, etc.

As someone who was obsessed with the beta, I can tell you that's completely false. SO much punch.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
mr stroke said:
[

Gameplay

sz7aja.jpg

+

2jayid2.jpg

Should add this as well, as the multiplayer incentive, level-up & perks work exactly the same.
page0_blog_entry71_summary_1.jpg

KAL2006

Banned
I have tried this and Split/Second for a few minutes, and for me Blur seems more fun, the game feels faster, controls seem better, and I love the powerups, it's just as fun as Mario Kart. also 4 player split screen co-op is great if you care for local multiplayer.

Note: This judgement is from just playing one race (on singleplayer) from each game. So take my advice with a grain of salt.

FatBaby

I have no idea if I want to get this on the PC or the PS3. It looks great, but I am afraid either one might have a problem of little to no people playing online.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
FatBaby said:
I have no idea if I want to get this on the PC or the PS3. It looks great, but I am afraid either one might have a problem of little to no people playing online.

Well if it's any indication, there was a ton of people playing the beta on the 360.
I stayed well past midnight some days playing & there were always tons of games up.

Everdred

FatBaby said:
I preordered mine on PC. I've been lurking on the official forums and a lot of people are getting it on PC as well.

KaYotiX

Banned
Nabbed this on 360, loved the beta/demo.

Mario Galaxy 2,RDR,Alan Wake,Split/Second and 3D-dot game heroes all within 2 weeks.....OVERLOAD LOL!!:D Now i just need to stop time for a month.

Captain N

I heard the 360 version has Avatar awards. I wasn't too thrilled with Split/Second and am not sure how I felt about this beta. Fingers crossed it turns out good. Any chance we'll see a demo?

KAL2006

Banned
My mate has the game, just came back from his an hour ago, we played for only around an hour, but I had a blast. We played 4 player split screen, this is a great party game.

I would be all over this if I had cash right now.

I've decided to not spend a single penny on any game until Halo Reach comes out. So if my brother is spying on me right now, I'd like Blur and Mario Galaxy 2 for my birthday next month. Thanks!

How smooth was the 4-player split screen? Did it feel like a solid 30fps?

KAL2006

Banned
Dead Man Typing said:
I would be all over this if I had cash right now.

I've decided to not spend a single penny on any game until Halo Reach comes out. So if my brother is spying on me right now, I'd like Blur and Mario Galaxy 2 for my birthday next month. Thanks!

How smooth was the 4-player split screen? Did it feel like a solid 30fps?

cant really say, as I was drinking, but it was a blast, it feels much faster than Split/Second, and all the items are great, one thing I like about this is that you can see what item you are going to collect (it isnt random like Mario Kart) so there is a lot of strategy with the items. Another cool thing is if you are playing 3 players all players get the same screen size so there is black borders on the top half of the screen, and the 1st player box is centered in the middle. This is probably the funnest game for me since burnout. Also if you like Mario Kart, you will like this game.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
When is the review embargo up for this? I would think if it was good they would want reviews out early to snipe sales from Split/Second and Modnation Racers.

I think I fooled myself into thinking this game was going to do 4 player split screen, while playing online at the same time.

Apparently it doesn't.... can anyone clarify?

If Halo 3 can do it, why can't any other game this generation!?

I absolutely love the color scheme of this game and its menus, the overall style is just awesome. I think I'll be purchasing this, any idea of when reviews will go up, I'm assuming tomorrow?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dead Man Typing said:
I think I fooled myself into thinking this game was going to do 4 player split screen, while playing online at the same time.

Apparently it doesn't.... can anyone clarify?

If Halo 3 can do it, why can't any other game this generation!?
Because devs are fucking lazy, thats all it comes down to. Apparently it can, but I'd like this clarified too.

Though, no split-screen + system link for sure.

DaBuddaDa

Witchfinder General said:
Where the hell are the reviews for this game?

I'm buying it regardless but I'd still like to see what the reception is.

There will be a glut of them coming up tonight and tomorrow I'm sure of it.

Top Bottom