• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I asked ChatGPT to build a PC thats equivalent to the PS5 Pro, this was it's response

Banjo64

cumsessed
We get it. In one region, the US, PC components are expensive whilst Sony offer the PS5 Pro at a lower rate than other first world countries.

Now do a comparison in the UK or EU, where you can get comparable pre-builds for similar cash, but without Sony’s online fees and walled garden store.

Here you go;

Costco UK, £699:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060
- 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB NVME SSD
- Microsoft Windows 11 Home
- Corsair 3000D RGB AIRFLOW Mid-Tower – White Gaming Case

Davevil

why-huh.gif

nemiroff

Gold Member
I asked an AI what would happen if PC and Playstation had sex:

" If a PC were a Formula One car and a PlayStation were an STD, their offspring would be quite an unusual mix! 🏎️🦠

**Kid 1: The High-Speed Virus**
- **Looks**: Sleek and aerodynamic like a Formula One car, but with a chaotic, unpredictable edge.
- **Features**: Lightning-fast performance with the ability to infiltrate and disrupt systems. Capable of spreading rapidly through networks.
- **Personality**: Mischievous and unpredictable, always looking for ways to cause a stir in the digital world.

**Kid 2: The Glitch Racer**
- **Looks**: A blend of high-tech racing design with erratic, glitchy elements.
- **Features**: High-speed capabilities combined with the potential to cause unexpected system errors. Can navigate both the digital and physical realms with ease.
- **Personality**: Unstable but thrilling, offering a wild ride for those who dare to engage.

**Kid 3: The Cyber Contaminator**
- **Looks**: Futuristic and stylish, with a hint of something sinister.
- **Features**: Combines the cutting-edge technology of a Formula One car with the disruptive nature of a virus. Capable of both high-performance gaming and spreading digital chaos.
- **Personality**: Dual-natured, capable of providing top-tier gaming experiences while also being a potential threat to system stability.

These hybrid kids would bring together the best and worst of both worlds, offering a unique blend of high-speed performance and digital disruption. 😊 "

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: XXL

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I asked chatgpt to build a console gamer that was the equivalent of a PCMR gamer and it just did this:
robot-sofia-robot-girl.gif

edit: aww crap this gif already made appearances in this thread, RIP my joke

Last edited:
We get it. In one region, the US, PC components are expensive whilst Sony offer the PS5 Pro at a lower rate than other first world countries.

Now do a comparison in the UK or EU, where you can get comparable pre-builds for similar cash, but without Sony’s online fees and walled garden store.

Here you go;

Costco UK, £699:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060
- 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB NVME SSD
- Microsoft Windows 11 Home
- Corsair 3000D RGB AIRFLOW Mid-Tower – White Gaming Case

That's a really good price for a pre built but isn't the RTX 4060 a really shit GPU?

reinking

Gold Member
People are swayed by “building” pc’s and the opportunities there and forgive me but there’s joy in building PC’s, the joy permeates from launching your first boot up, and I’m not saying console gamers don’t have joy just not that joy.

I have been upgrading and building PCs since the early 90's. My "joy" on first boot up is different than yours.... 😜

Scared Season 22 GIF by The Voice

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
That's a really good price for a pre built but isn't the RTX 4060 a really shit GPU?
Yeah. Costco have deals on good PCs every week or so though.

At the end of August this one was £950:

Features
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Graphics
- 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB SSD (NVME)

At £700 (£730 if you want to be able to stand the thing up) I don’t think the Pro has any value proposition in the UK.

Last edited:

bundylove

So. Not shit, a PC will always be more expensive than a console. However, I can upgrade any component on my PC any time I like and have far more CPU, RAM, and GPU power. The library of games is more vast than Sony could imagine. Not only all this, but a PC is far more capable at not only gaming, but completing other tasks. So while the Playstation is a great deal, I need more. So, for the cost of 2 PS5 pro's I will always go PC. I'm not sure why you turds need to exclaim that the PS5Pro is so amazing for it's price, you are correct, it is. But I don't need a PC with the same horsepower as a PS5Pro. I can meet and exceed those needs and do far more with my PC as well as have far more freedom to game, mod, host servers, create virtual machines, control my network, work, Emulate other systems, use CAD software, 3D model, build a game/website/software application, program Arduino modules, utilize my own personal AI, Photo/Video Edit, pay bills, run up to 4 monitors, tweak settings to my hearts content and so on. Hell, I could add 2 GPU's if I wanted to.

I think the choice is up to the user and what they ultimately want to do. Would you like a walled garden for just games, apps and entertainment, controlled by your plastic box manufacturer of choice, or do you want to do whatever you want?
I want to seperate work from personal life.

When i am home i am turning on the tv and console and i just game.

When i am at work i do cad, mozaik, maestro, sketch up, invoicing , back end tools and front end tools etc.

I can have both in one but no thanks

Duchess

Prompt:

What would I need to add to an Amiga 1200 to make it as powerful as a PlayStation 1?

Answer:

To make an Amiga 1200 as powerful as a PlayStation 1, you would need to consider several hardware upgrades and modifications, as the two systems have different architectures and capabilities. Here are some key areas to focus on:

1. **Processor Upgrade**: The Amiga 1200 has a Motorola 68020 CPU, while the PlayStation 1 uses a MIPS R3000A processor. Upgrading the Amiga's CPU to a faster 68030 or even a 68060 (with a compatible accelerator card) would help improve performance, but it won't match the architecture of the PlayStation.

2. **Graphics and Sound**: The Amiga 1200 has a custom chipset (AGA) that is capable of impressive graphics for its time, but it lacks the 3D capabilities of the PlayStation. You could add a graphics card that supports 3D rendering, such as the Picasso IV or a similar solution. For sound, the Amiga's audio capabilities are strong, but you might want to consider additional sound hardware for better audio quality.

3. **RAM Upgrade**: The Amiga 1200 comes with 2 MB of RAM, which is insufficient compared to the PlayStation's 2 MB of RAM (plus additional VRAM). Upgrading the Amiga to at least 8 MB of RAM (or more) would be beneficial.

4. **Storage**: The PlayStation uses CD-ROMs for games, while the Amiga typically uses floppy disks. Adding a CD-ROM drive to the Amiga would allow you to access larger games and multimedia content. You might also consider using an IDE hard drive for faster loading times.

5. **Software and Emulation**: To truly match the PlayStation's library, you would need to run software that can emulate PlayStation games or find equivalent titles for the Amiga. This could involve using emulators or ports of games.

6. **Expansion Ports**: Consider using expansion ports for additional hardware, such as a faster bus or additional peripherals that can enhance performance.

While these upgrades can significantly enhance the Amiga 1200's capabilities, it's important to note that the two systems are fundamentally different, and achieving parity in performance and game library may not be entirely feasible. The PlayStation 1 was designed with 3D gaming in mind, while the Amiga was primarily a 2D system, so some aspects of performance may remain unmatched.

:messenger_frowning_

twilo99

Gold Member
chatbot didn't understand the assignment..

We did it better

This guys build is not really a comparison, as that PC would smoke the PS5 Pro, yet still has less storage (?!?).

This is a much better comparison to the actual PS5 Pro, with possibly worse Ray Tracing (Honestly we won't know this until we actually see the PS5 Pro in action), double the memory, and with a smaller SSD.

I just tried making a version that has what I think is most comparable to the PS5 with high quality parts I would actually purchase if I were building the PC, and it came out similar to twilo99 twilo99 's version:

2024-09-10-14-59-20-Lord-Blodgett-Saved-Part-Lists-PCPart-Picker-and-6-more-pages-Personal-Mic.png

If I were trying to make a mid-range PC that was far more future proof and upgrade ready, but would absolutely smoke the PS5 Pro I would need to spend an additional $285 or so:

2024-09-10-15-35-49-Lord-Blodgett-Saved-Part-Lists-PCPart-Picker-and-7-more-pages-Personal-Mic.png

Thing is cheaper now since AMD GPU prices are lower

But really, just wait a few months for RDNA4/Blackwell if you want superior frame generation

I want to seperate work from personal life.

When i am home i am turning on the tv and console and i just game.

When i am at work i do cad, mozaik, maestro, sketch up, invoicing , back end tools and front end tools etc.

I can have both in one but no thanks
That’s a valid choice then.

I think the OP is trying to say why a PS5 Pro is better than a PC because it’s less expensive and has similar technology to a PC. But that is dismissive of what a PC is capable of, especially considering almost every game needs a PC to even be created. That being said, the PS5 Pro is great bang for your buck, but its capabilities and upgradability are limited.

Top Bottom