• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BO Wkd 06•16-18•17 - Queen is dethroned, all hail McQueen, ScarJo roughed up

Damn I failed that Wonder Woman Domestic intake spectacularly, and am about to fail the WW too I think. I was pretty close with the OW - I just didn't expect it to have legs. Or be good.

Anyways! Transformers 5 Predictions:

OW: $80m
DOM: $150m
WW: $845m
Duckroll Review: "9.5/10 - I wish it was longer"

Continuing the actors with ridiculous salaries talk: Arnold in Batman & Robin

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-schumacher-more-reveal-what-happened-1014972

Schwarzenegger received top billing, and a hefty $25 million payday (about $1 million per day he spent on set).

"The cast ate the money up," says producer Peter MacGregor-Scott. "It's tough when you wake up in the morning and just spent $25 million! Oh dear. But he was great."

Using rough estimates, that'd be $40 million today.

ab1yiuno.png

To:

ab2j5uo0.png

If that score for Annabelle holds, it will be like Ouija and Ouija: Origin of Evil again. The former was a flaming turd, the second was helmed by Mike Flanagan (Oculus, Hush) and turned out to be a pretty solid flick.

If that score for Annabelle holds, it will be like Ouija and Ouija: Origin of Evil again. The former was a flaming turd, the second was helmed by Mike Flanagan (Oculus, Hush) and turned out to be a pretty solid flick.
The horror sequel not being so bad means 2016-17 are weirder than we thought.

$5.5M for TF5.

Previously, Transformers: Age of Extinction, the last movie, started previews on Thursday night three years ago minting $8.75M from late-night showings starting at 9 PM on 2,990 screens. Paramount went on to report that pic’s opening weekend at $100M. Internally, Paramount is comping Last Knight to Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales which earned $5.5M on its preview night, then $23.6M on its first day before a $63M weekend (however that was the three day over Memorial Day).

Disney’s Cars 3 making an estimated $6.8M, +24% from Monday for a running cume of $66M followed by Warner Bros./DC’s Wonder Woman which made $5.4M, +13% with a running cume in its third week of $285.35M.

kswiston

It looks like Transformers did put a bit of a dent in Wonder Woman's weekdays as expected, but that just means going from sub-30 to sub-40% drops.

Anth0ny

Apparently there were no previews on Canada, so I would say this is probably looking at an opening day between 16 and 18 million.

I'm amused that it's the same preview as Pirates. These franchises are so in step with each other it's ridiculous.

holdovers from a bygone era where stars mattered and the quality of the movie didn't when it came to box office

Deadline's first projection of the day is $15M, which if it sticks, could lead to a 5 day total below the unadjusted opening day of Transformers 2. Age of Extinction seems to have caused even more damage to the series than I expected.

Deadline's first projection of the day is $15M, which if it sticks, could lead to a 5 day total below the unadjusted opening day of Transformers 2. Age of Extinction seems to have caused even more damage to the series than I expected.

Among many other reasons for the decline, judging by last night's theater chatter people don't really buy Wahlberg as a blockbuster action hero.

ThisOne

I think I saw (and hated) Annabelle. Can't really remember anything specific about it. Still kinda looking forward to the sequel though, especially if it gets good reviews. Guess I'm a sucker.

Schlorgan

So 2016 was the year bad movies made bank (SS, BvS) but good movies did poorly (Star Trek, Nice Guys) and 2017 is the year bad movies do poorly (King Arthur, Mummy, T5) but good movies make bank (Get Out, Split, WW).

J_Viper

So 2016 was the year bad movies made bank (SS, BvS) but good movies did poorly (Star Trek, Nice Guys) and 2017 is the year bad movies do poorly (King Arthur, Mummy, T5) but good movies make bank (Get Out, Split, WW).

You can't compare BvS to Mummy and TF5, that's not fair lol

witness

Fuck man, this franchise is dead in NA. Should have just waited and rebooted after 3.

Plenty of bad movies got killed at the BO last year. TMNT 2, Independence Day 2, Alice 2, X-men Apocalypse, Jason Bourne, Jack Reacher 2, etc. all did far worse than just about anyone predicted.

So far, I'd say the story of the last two summers (and to some extent, 2015 as well) has been these sequels and would-be franchises taking a dive.

Top Bottom