• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted an Ultimate Loot Chest, but they were all sold out by the time I got around to it(a mere 3 days after they went up!). I'm looking forward to this. :)

I was lucky enough to score one and if Amazon or their shipper loses it, OHHH BOY...there will be HELL TO PAY!!!

I could have sold it for $400-700 but said "NOPE. I want it for me because I'm a selfish bastard." I need it, I want it, I will have it.

Geoff9920

Awesome OP. I've been looking forward to this one for a while. I'm curious to see how the PhysX behaves with four people causing complete chaos.

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone think a super melee focused zero build will be viable?

Yes. You can experiment with the skill trees on the game's official site and Zero has 1 tree dedicated to sniping and the others on melee and various skills. His basic action skill already gives you 600% bonus melee damage when you activate it, and the upgrades are pretty ridiculous too.

I'm way more excited for this then I expected to be, but I guess getting the game and season pass for less then the price of the MSRP will do that.

I'm really excited to play this. It looks like they've greatly improved upon every aspect of the first game.

I've been telling this to friends all week. It looks like they've addressed all of the problems I had with the first game, and then some - most importantly though they've fixed the annoying co-op quest mechanics and now we have true drop in/out!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm getting it day one, but I am half-tempted to wait until the Mechromancer is released. :p

Gonna go with Siren again though, putting most of the points in Cataclysm.

Instead of taking the easy route, the studio has taken everything that impressed in the original and greatly enhanced it. From major bullet points like the story...

Throughout the game, the dialogue and clever missions display a sense of humor on par with the best in the industry. All of the improvements would make for a standout title even if it were constricted to single-player.

Ok, that's what I wanted to hear. If they've really managed to create a compelling single-player experience I will give them my hard earned cash, gladly.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Great OP!

My initial group from Borderlands 1 has since split up so I don't know who I'll be playing with this time around. I still need to find out just who I know that is actually picking up the game.

Probably worth noting that the version that comes with the GeForce cards does not get you the Premiere Club bonuses. It's on Gearbox's forums, I believe...

Naite

I wouldn't mind some teammates for the PC version.

Steam = Nthenorm

I'm probably gonna use Zer0 or Salvador. I'm doing the complete opposite of how I played BL1 and try to buff and extend my action skill as much as possible.

Kaldea

I can barely another week for my loot chest edition!

Sucks that I have a test two days after it comes out, ugh. :(

The_Monk

Can some fellow GAFfers tell me what Borderlands 2 improved from the first one?

I know there's way more loot but can someone tell me the major improvements from Borderlands 1?

Thanks in advance.

RotBot

sshot1ffup3.png

Fuck at the last one. I was under the impression that 4 players in one room on 2 TVs would be supported. I guess we're scrapping that plan.

Edit:
splitscreen26kby.png

Never mind.

Nice OT, well done! Worthy of what is shaping up to be the GOTY by a long shot. Now I have a single thread to channel my excitement in!

Come on catch a ride.

I hope the story/dialogue stuff isn't too obnoxious this time around. I liked the minimal storytelling of the first game.

JambiBum

Can't wait!

I was wondering though if someone knew exactly how level scaling/quest sharing/ect will work with co-op as compared to how it did in the first game. Just want to know because me and my friend will probably be close level wise most times we play, but our other friend might want to join in occasionally but would be at a much lower level since he doesn't game as much as he once did.

They mentioned this in the giantbomb quicklook. They fixed it to where if you are playing with someone ahead of you the quests you are doing will count for you this time. Then when you go back to your own game and catch up to where you and your friend started, you have the option to skip all of those quests and jump ahead to where you left off with your friend. Or you can just do those quests over for extra loot.

What do you mean, I don't really understand?

i mean get the game now and then double dip again when GOTY (game + DLC) is out. or get the game now and buy the Season pass (includes 4 DLC Campaign). If you are going with the $36 deal from GMG.

Can some fellow GAFfers tell me what Borderlands 2 improved from the first one?

I know there's way more loot but can someone tell me the major improvements from Borderlands 1?

Thanks in advance.

Gun manufactures are more distinct besides basic stat allocation. The best example is all Tediore brand guns when reloaded are thrown and explode on impact doing damage based on how much ammo was in the clip. The more ammo in the clip the more damage it does.
The environments seem way more varied and there seems to be a stronger emphasis on story. Based on the little I've seen the friendly NPCs at least talk more. The AI also seems a bit more dynamic depending on what kind of damage you are doing and where there behavior will adapt. The most common thing I've seen is if the enemy takes too much damage it will try to lvl up and become a Bad Ass rank enemy. I think that covers the major stuff, but I might have missed something.

H3xum

Super hyped

One note/concern though

There has been quite a bit of gameplay footage now via Gearbox but seemingly nothing with Zer0? Am I missing out on that or are they just showcasing every other class but that one. Seems like a cause of concern if its the latter

Am I missing out by not completing the first game (just completed the mission that unlocks fast travel)?

Randy from the IGN 2 hour video mention that the game you don't have to play the first game. there are some references and whatnot from BL1. but nothing in there that should matter when you play BL2.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Am I missing out by not completing the first game (just completed the mission that unlocks fast travel)?

Other than there being some references to the first game? Not really, no. Unless you really want to play through the first before hand.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
OT can be changed.

Splitscreen players can connect with another pair that is playing splitscreen.

Example:
Me + Friend on splitscreen can play against You + Your friend on splitscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom