• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaldea

Count me among those who played the first game solo just fine. Multiplayer is a lot of fun and I loved it just as much solo. Depends on the person I guess.

RotBot

How do different skills that boost the same thing stack? For example, 5/5 Willing and 5/5 Pressure on Axton both give up to -60% Shield Recharge Delay. If the normal delay is 3 seconds, will maxing those skills bring it down to 3 * .4 * .4 = 0.48 seconds?

I don't read usernames or look at avatars. I've been on GAF for 5 years and still have no idea who anybody is.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Nice thread...but why is up a week early? >_< I don't wanna be looking at all this stuff yet, when I got still over another week of dealing with work before I can even touch Borderlands 2.

It's OK, I'm leaving on vacation the day after it releases.

I'm a terrible planner, evidently. :p

(At the time, there was no release date!)

Source is me.

fzSwy.gif

legacyzero

Banned
How do different skills that boost the same thing stack? For example, 5/5 Willing and 5/5 Pressure on Axton both give up to -60% Shield Recharge Delay. If the normal delay is 3 seconds, will maxing those skills bring it down to 3 * .4 * .4 = 0.48 seconds?

I don't read usernames or look at avatars. I've been on GAF for 5 years and still have no idea who anybody is.
That's the funny part about it. It took me like 3 pages to realize that Tomm Hulett was in the Silent Hill HD collection thread.

Razek

Banned
That's the funny part about it. It took me like 3 pages to realize that Tomm Hulett was in the Silent Hill HD collection thread.

WHAT? I was just in that thread lol.

Edit: NVM, you probably mean the official one, not the recent one about the videos.

King Boo

i was hoping the skills would be better in the second one, but it seems it's harder to do that for a fps rpg. still good though

i'll probably play as zero first, then the short guy who reminds me of the big guy from the first game.

WHAT? I was just in that thread lol.

Edit: NVM, you probably mean the official one, not the recent one about the videos.
He's in both.

I said it's boring; uninteresting; dull; vapid. One of the worst games I ever purchased this gen--probably the only one, tbh. I only bought it because I always chose what games me and a friend should play. Then he wanted to do Borderlands, so, I gave it a shot.

Regret.

BL2 looks much-improved and fun. We'll see if my forgiving, believer-of-second-chances nature is still worth holding onto.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Fuck, I've been media blackouting for this game, and I didn't realize it was coming so soon!

Guys... I want to use whatever class has revolver skills. Which one is that?

Also... PS3 or PC?

so im reading the op and it says splitscreen is for consoles only eh?
if true, i hate it when this happens. maybe you will get it right next time gearbox.
if not true, bought.

This game is looking amazingly good and really fun to play. I love how this sequel has a more focus on playing alone according to the reviews. The first one was fun too, but it wasn't as exciting when playing by yourself. I'd love to play it twice, once alone and the second with friends.

I know the game will have tons of replay value, but does anyone know how long the first playthrough is?

Raxus

When will the review embargo end?

When the game is released I believe. They are worried the inevitable wave of bad reviews will sink the sales. Gearbox could only moneyhat Game Informer.

Just kidding I am sure they will all be super 9+ scores all around.

So what class is everyone going with? Ninjas will always win for me.

Bloodshed Zero with some Cunning or Cataclysm Maya with some Harmony.

Maybe Salvator but to me there's nothing definitive with any of his 3 skill trees and I'd prolly distribute his skills between all 3.

Wont play as Axton. He's a dude bro stereotype and I can play that type of character in every other FPS coming out ever.

Remmy2112

Fuck, I've been media blackouting for this game, and I didn't realize it was coming so soon!

Guys... I want to use whatever class has revolver skills. Which one is that?

Also... PS3 or PC?

No class in the game seems to specifically be pro-revolver. So far from looking at the skill trees Zero has some bonuses specifically to sniper rifles, Maya to any elemental weapon, and Axton to rocket launchers, grenades, and a little in assault rifles. Aside from that every class can use any weapon to near full effectiveness, with most skills that used to be +pistol and sniper damage, or +SMG damage being changed to be just +gun damage. So pick up WHA'CHU WANT and GOOD RIDDANCE!

I am super excited for this game, probably more than I have been for a game in a long time, so much so that I'm actually going to attend the Gearbox community day in Dallas on the 15th. Mass Effect 3 was the last one that came close, then that ending deflated all enthusiasm. X-Com is the only other game that approaches my hype level for Borderlands 2.

Raptor

There'll be some optional side quests that are specifically designed for co-op but you can play the entire BL2 campaign solo if you'd like.

It is much more fun to play it with friends though.

I played the first BL exclusively SP. If the game gets it's loot hooks into you than you'll lose track of the hours. The shooting is pretty damn competent and it was always fun going to new areas.

The sequel seems to expand on a greater variety of environments and a more richer story/objective system. So yeah, I think it'll be more than worth it for just playing SP.

Thanks, that sounds actually really good.

Raxus

Does the PC version of the game still have that annoying Gamespy support?

Where the hell are my Salvabros at?

Gotchaye

I ended up biting just now for $36.

Still, no class is jumping out at me in the way that Lilith did for the first one. I want to take SMGs and run around mowing down monsters. Probably the Gunzerker is the best for that, but his active is incredibly uninteresting to me - he just gets damage boosts. Maya's Phaselock seems too passive. Zero is promising, but a lot depends on his melee attacks being easier to use than the ones in the first game.

Edit: Zero's also got one of the best set-ups for SMGs, it seems to me, especially with that Rising Shot ability in his middle tree. As I read it, he ramps up to +50% damage almost instantly upon opening up with a high RoF weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom