• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
i mean get the game now and then double dip again when GOTY (game + DLC) is out. or get the game now and buy the Season pass (includes 4 DLC Campaign). If you are going with the $36 deal from GMG.

Oh, to make it 60? I only really liked the Knoxx DLC for the Amory raid portion, so I'm not sure I want to risk them striking lightning in a bottle again with that.

Edit: Am I going to get the 5th character class with my Newegg PS3 preorder and my GMG PC preorder?

iNvid02

OT can be changed.

Splitscreen players can connect with another pair that is playing splitscreen.

Example:
Me + Friend on splitscreen can play against You + Your friend on splitscreen.

will do
edit: done

As someone who never touches MP, is this game a waste of time/money for SP?

bradygames said it took them close to 60hrs to get through everything, its looking like a massive game even if you dont co-op

ezekial45

Banned

I enjoyed the first game a lot in SP. Since this game has even more content, made tweaks and refined much of the gameplay - it's safe to say that you'll get some serious enjoyment out of this one.

chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

The_Monk

Thanks a lot for answering Empty Space seems all nice. Been playing the first one but so far it didn't grabbed my full attention, eh.

Super hyped

One note/concern though

There has been quite a bit of gameplay footage now via Gearbox but seemingly nothing with Zer0? Am I missing out on that or are they just showcasing every other class but that one. Seems like a cause of concern if its the latter

I want to say that Gamespot had Zer0 playthrough of the preserve, but I can't seem to find it.

RotBot

OT can be changed.

Example:

Can you link the source? Last year they said it wasn't possible.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/19/borderlands-2-improves-ui-for-split-screen-now-with-online/

"The only situation you can not do is split-screen plus split-screen because you need a host," Gibson said. "And a split-screen guy uses a lot of CPU, so he can not be the host."

OT can be changed.

Example
Woo! Thanks adam, this made me sad.
When might we here more dlc news?
Anyone in need of ps3 coop, add me (uncleniccius)

Lunchbox

Banned

its a loot game, its best enjoyed with 4 people (plus more people tougher enemies better loot)

i couldnt play the first one by myself. it wouldve been way too dull. but 4 player co-op....it was goty level

erragal

So siren (Maya) handles CC? Seems like a useful class to be playing with friends...What would be considered the tank? Is there one?

Maya, Salvador, and Axton can all be built tanky. Zer0's melee tree has some survivability but it isn't really enough to call that build tanky.

El-Suave

Not really, I played most of Borderlands 1 SP and it was very playable and fun. I usually don't touch MP but I found the Borderlands 1 MP to be quite nice once I tried it (on PS3).

I plan to play BL2 alone as long as possible to experience the story uninterrupted at my own pace. But I'm prepared to try out MP as a side activity and maybe more on other playthroughs.

Hellfire, Pestilent Defiler and the Cyclops. I really hope my favorite guns are back in Borderlands 2. Sniping without the Cyclops never felt right to me.

Does anyone know if the GameStop preorder DLC will go up for sale eventually? I know they never sold the preorder DLC for the first game.

Yuripaw

Banned
Nice thread...but why is up a week early? >_< I don't wanna be looking at all this stuff yet, when I got still over another week of dealing with work before I can even touch Borderlands 2.

Raxus

I really bummed that Salvador took steroids. Now I know my duel wielding IS compensating for something. I felt it was funnier just having him be a buff short person.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm not sure what class I Am going to be playing as just yet... leaning towards Zer0. I was Roland mostly in Borderlands 1 which is fine and dandy for the all-around generic play but I want to try something a bit more specialized I guess.

Nice OT.

I don't understand why in this day and age 4 player co-op isn't a standard feature in every game.

BL2 is going to be absolutely brilliant. Only 8 more excruciating days...

TRios Zen

Great OT! Subscribed.

Thought I was set on a Zero play-through, but seeing the skill trees has me thinking that I might start a Maya play-through first.

-BLITZ-

Now this is a beautiful OT. Thanks for all the info posted, read about everything and recalled all the things I did with Borderlands.

Hmm, I played Borderlands more than 5 times and only with Ronald and his Assault Rifles and Shotgun since I liked this type of weaponry and combo attacks with turrets. Loved his Commando Class & skills, including his voice and quotes much about everything from him, but Axton seems to be a bit below Ronald, am I right on skill trees, like something is missing ? I notice an improvement to RocketLaunchers as being added to Axton since those weapons didn't much of a damage in the first game. Thats cool!
Salvador skills are much related to Gunzerking Special attack, Maya was something that will ease my gameplay with magic powers, and Zero is specific to Sniper long distances and a bit of a fight with swords and less Pow-Pow.

I really don't know which one to choose since the only one that is close to my preferences is still Commando Class. I'm stuck! Grr.

Nakazato

so is roland a playable character this go around ? playing BL1 to get ready for BL2. Just hope the world is more alive this time

Good question, I want to know this too, not interested in coop or any form of MP.

There'll be some optional side quests that are specifically designed for co-op but you can play the entire BL2 campaign solo if you'd like.

It is much more fun to play it with friends though.

Grisby

Good question, I want to know this too, not interested in coop or any form of MP.
I played the first BL exclusively SP. If the game gets it's loot hooks into you than you'll lose track of the hours. The shooting is pretty damn competent and it was always fun going to new areas.

The sequel seems to expand on a greater variety of environments and a more richer story/objective system. So yeah, I think it'll be more than worth it for just playing SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom