• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Welp I managed to fix my autosave freeze problem reverting to a semi-older save that was only ~280kb..it's now ballooned to over 300+kb and the game is freezing every time I hit an autosave and hardlocking my entire PS3.

Looks like I'm done until the fix is out :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I've barely played this game over the past three days, and I think I'm pretty done with it. It's gone from being fun to feeling like a chore, which is always inevitable in loot/grinding heavy games. It was a blast while it lasted. I might write up thorough impressions at some point.

Lilith saying "sup" is just awful too.
Yeah, multiple characters say it, and it's always pretty bad.

Nelo Ice

Banned
get the bee shield and a high firerate gun, everything is 1-3 hits

certain legendary guns take care of the complaint you have

I have a shield but it still takes too long for my liking to kill bosses. Farming for a conference call atm so hope that helps and I farmed forever for a Shredifer to no avail. Either that or I'm leveling a Gunzerker for easy mode boss farming lol.

FStop7

Banned
How can you dislike Tiny Tina but not Borderlands humor in general?
The entire game is filled with crap you'd find on Reddit all day. The entire game is just memes, memes, and more memes.

Lilith saying "sup" is just awful too. That's something 16 year old kids say when they do a "big play" in Dota. Borderlands 3: Lilith's trademark phrase will be "pce".

I've mentioned a few times that the writing tries too hard. I turned off Zero's callouts after the first few hours. But Tina is the most grating because of her VO. Bad dialogue AND that stupid sounding growly voice.

It's the little things that make me laugh in BL2. Like a Goliath shouted "WELCOME TO DIE" at me. Yeah it's referencing a meme but so far I've only heard it once. Or when Lilith acted all horrified over having liquefied a dude at first but then she admitted it was "AWESOME".

An unfortunate change from 1 to 2 is the alteration from setting your own colours to preset schemes. The latter has the benefit of adding other elements like different patterns, markings and gradients, but it sucks when I don't want to use most of them because the hair colours look bad.

My GOD, there is some dumb shit in this game.

I went to Marcus to see what was on sale and lo and behold, there was quite the fancy Purple Jakobs shotgun as the item of the day for a hefty $16,000. So, I decided to exit the shop to do some inventory management/consideration and just as I've pressed B, I've seen in the corner of my eye that there was only 17 fucking seconds left to buy it. Naturally, I've thought, "fuck it; I'll just grab it", but will the game let me do that? No. There is some sort of LUDICROUS cool-down period until I can hit Y on Marcus and enter the shop again. What the fuck is the reason for this?

The next thing you know, I'm sitting there, shouting at the TV and frantically hitting the Y button until the stupid prompt comes up; and once it does, I get in and see 00:00 - still available for purchase. So, crisis averted, but FOR FUCK'S SAKE, GEARBOX. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SHIT?!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine the story dialog has to be done by a different person then the flavor dialog. The difference in quality between the two is just too much.

eek5

Two questions.

1-Do you need to have the quests for the guy to be there or you can just go back after finishing the quest to farm him?

2-Is there a "normal" version of the shield? IE, do I absolutly need to do it in TVHM? I'm just starting now the second playthrough and it would be nice to have a good shield to get me going.

You have to have the quest active or beaten for him to spawn, yes.

Yes it can drop in PT1. It is advisable to hold off from completing the quest in PT2 so it can get scaled to level 50 in PT2.5. I think the level ~25 shield only amps ~8k which may or may not be worth it. Keep in mind it doesn't really help for non-boss fights since even the level 50 shield breaks almost immediately. I'd imagine the level 25 shield in PT2 would be painful but it depends on your playstyle, I guess.

Nome

I've mentioned a few times that the writing tries too hard. I turned off Zero's callouts after the first few hours. But Tina is the most grating because of her VO. Bad dialogue AND that stupid sounding growly voice.

It's the little things that make me laugh in BL2. Like a Goliath shouted "WELCOME TO DIE" at me. Yeah it's referencing a meme but so far I've only heard it once. Or when Lilith acted all horrified over having liquefied a dude at first but then she admitted it was "AWESOME".

Ah. Yeah, I agree with this. The bandit VO is the one that makes me consistently laugh. "I REGRET... EVERYTHING!"

Wunder

Decided to respec my Siren because my friend found a purp class mod that gives +SMG Damage, -SMG Accuracy but has +2/3 to Mind's Eye, Wreck and Accelerate. Not bad so far, missing my constant fire/corrosive/free slag but I just found a Corrosive pistol so that pretty much completes my fire, acid, electricity weapon load out.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I have a shield but it still takes too long for my liking to kill bosses.

Then stop doing it. Seems pretty simple to me. I don't know why people who bang their head against the wall complain about how hard the wall is instead of finding something else to do with their head and/or the wall.

It is either worth your time/effort or it isn't.

I have a shield but it still takes too long for my liking to kill bosses. Farming for a conference call atm so hope that helps and I farmed forever for a Shredifer to no avail. Either that or I'm leveling a Gunzerker for easy mode boss farming lol.

You have a Bee?

I found one just as I reached Arid Nexus and it kind of trivialized the rest of the game. The last boss took about a minute with a mediocre SMG

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
Anybody else have an issue with the level 3 slag damage challenge, from which you get the Maliwan Excellence skin, and receiving the skin for the wrong class? Happened on my Assassin, and I got the Gunzerker skin. My brother, playing a Gunzerker finished it right after me and also got the Gunzerker skin. It really kills me, since I love the look of that skin, and am a total Maliwan whore.

sephi22

Umm.... WTF?

I was fighting in Fink's Slaughterhouse Wave 4. While fighting, I saw a skull symbol with -50,000 on my HUD on the right. To my horror, I realize I was losing money. I went from 250,000 to 100,000 in 30 seconds. Anyone know what the fuck happened to me? I killed all enemies there so I dunno if it was a loot midget or what

Yeah, multiple characters say it, and it's always pretty bad.

It's a shame that they had Lillith's trademark be "Sup?" simply for the Act 1 finale.

It would have made much more of a "badass impact" if it had just come out of the blue.

And while I like what they did with Marcus, I didn't love it. They could have fleshed him out without resorting to making him a Shylock stereotype.

Other than that, I thought it was brilliant.

Do people not get why Tiny is why she is?
She was injected chalk full of Eridium, and had to run away while her family was killed
. I thought Anthony Burch did any amazing job of fleshing out every single character's stories (Marcus not included, of course).

I imagine the story dialog has to be done by a different person then the flavor dialog. The difference in quality between the two is just too much.

My thoughts as well.

Wallach

Umm.... WTF?

I was fighting in Fink's Slaughterhouse Wave 4. While fighting, I saw a skull symbol with -50,000 on my HUD on the right. To my horror, I realize I was losing money. I went from 250,000 to 100,000 in 30 seconds. Anyone know what the fuck happened to me? I killed all enemies there so I dunno if it was a loot midget or what

The gas mask "rat" type bandits can jack money from you directly if they get into melee range. If you kill them they'll drop the last pile they stole from you. They'll also run around and pick up stuff off the ground if you don't get to it before them.

sephi22

The gas mask "rat" type bandits can jack money from you directly if they get into melee range. If you kill them they'll drop the last pile they stole from you. They'll also run around and pick up stuff off the ground if you don't get to it before them.
Fuck. They didn't drop my shit.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Then stop doing it. Seems pretty simple to me. I don't know why people who bang their head against the wall complain about how hard the wall is instead of finding something else to do with their head and/or the wall.

It is either worth your time/effort or it isn't.

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying I would like it to be even faster hence why I'm farming a conference call lol.

You have a Bee?

I found one just as I reached Arid Nexus and it kind of trivialized the rest of the game. The last boss took about a minute with a mediocre SMG

Yeah I have a Bee, thats what i meant with I have a shield. I still kill fairly fast but I'm sure if I had a conference call or whatever the best shotty is my farming would be that much more efficient. Also killed the last boss like 10+ times and still haven't gotten it but I did end up getting my Axton head from Terramorphus earlier
aka M.Bison hat.

Lakitu

st5fu
Yeah those midget rat fucks are so annoying. Stole 20,000 from me that I couldn't get back and they always manage to avoid my shotgun. I want to strangle them.

Dennis

Banned
ahahhhahahaha

Don't you just love Constructors backed up those flying regeneration motherfuckers!

And now my shields are gone!

This is fun!

Fuck you Gearbox

*rage quit alt tab to post on GAF*

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Did they tone down the dismemberments for this? With PhysX on blood pools and explodes from criticals, but there's never any dismemberments. Meanwhile a critical headshot in Borderlands would blow the head clean off the body. What gives?

Santiako

Did they tone down the dismemberments for this? With PhysX on blood pools and explodes from criticals, but there's never any dismemberments. Meanwhile a critical headshot in Borderlands would blow the head clean off the body. What gives?

Yeah, they toned them way down.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Apparently it was a "design" *cough* business decision in order to get it released "uncensored" across all regions.

Though there is a post on the official forums where they are listening to feedback from the pissed off / concerned and rightfully so fans.

Hopefully the regions with balls will get a patch to put the effects back in. Since its pretty lame without it. Game is already M as is with the dialog and gibs, so dont really see how peoples heads exploding and other what nots from the previous effects didnt make their way back in.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=148825 (the thread)

Csokis

From 13:00 CET!

WinPC: CBC3B-KKSFS-XTTTB-B3J33-RCW6R
X360: CBKBB-RSJWF-JXFJR-5XT3T-5RX3J
PS3: CBKBB-RSJZB-RZBKJ-9TW3T-5RXR6

Lakitu

st5fu
So is there no way to listen to audio logs again? I missed out on an important story one because Mordecai decided to talk when I was listening.

Chanser

Q8qOD.jpg

Seems awesome, but it screams and you move like a slug or tortoise. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom