• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rouken

awesome ot! :)

can't wait for this to come out, i've been playing my 2nd playthrough of BL to pass the time and i've really notice how unremarkable the guns were. just different colors and no unique effects at all. the only one that standout to me was the swirling ammo from rocket launchers, and that isn't really useful. i'm glad they are really putting variety into guns now.

Phasewalk's offensive capability was walking up to enemies while invisible then meleeing, no?

Absolutely. There was a skill that would give you 6x or 8x melee damage from phasewalk, combined with the elemental damage blast when entering and exiting phasewalk and the phasewalk cooldown reduction when enemies died, you could melee a whole group to death.

Chris R

Vault Veteran Rewards:

If all it needs to do is "detect" save data, then I don't need to have beaten Borderlands 1 to get these?

I'll have to dig up savegames from my old computer.

This is something that would be good to know seeing as I played the first on my PC but will be playing this on 360... Then I could just borrow the game from my friend to get the reward :D

These are the Vault Veteran Rewards for anyone interested:

ajgXp.jpg

Don't really care for the Axton/Sal helmets, but the outfits themselves aren't too shabby.

(EDIT: Didn't realize this is already posted in the OP)

I'm pretty indecisive about whether to start with Sal or Maya. On the one hand Maya's Harmony skill tree branch would be perfect for co-op. On the other hand, how can I possible pass on dual-wielding a SMG with a shotty?

If all it needs to do is "detect" save data, then I don't need to have beaten Borderlands 1 to get these?
I hope beating the game isn't required. I had two 50th level characters on my hard drive before my console red ringed. That console also got stolen a few days later.

Yeah, I'm glad I know about the key now. As far as the character appearances go, can they be changed at any time? Also, can the save used to unlock the additional stuff be from any point in the game or does it have to have been completed at all?

rouken

Yeah, I'm glad I know about the key now. As far as the character appearances go, can they be changed at any time? Also, can the save used to unlock the additional stuff be from any point in the game or does it have to have been completed at all?

yes, you can change appearances at every NEW U stations throughout the game. and for the save, i think just having a BL1 save can unlock the stuff for BL2 but don't quote me on that :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Absolutely. There was a skill that would give you 6x or 8x melee damage from phasewalk, combined with the elemental damage blast when entering and exiting phasewalk and the phasewalk cooldown reduction when enemies died, you could melee a whole group to death.

I didn't melee much, but I had elemental damage out the ass with Phasewalk. It was fun to see about three different colored numbers in a large group of enemies.

Most anticipated game of the year for me. I played all of Borderlands 1 solo (minus Moxxi) and enjoyed the hell out of it. Really looking forward to playing some co-op with Gaf this time around.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I wonder if she will have a skill tree that increases loot drop + exp kinda like how mordecai had.

Since that was pretty damned useful in a group.

I wonder if I have a valid save game. I played through Borderlands on PS3, but picked it up again on a cheapo Steam sale. Loaded it up, got one Steam achievement in it, then promptly uninstalled it because I really didn't want to play more of the original. Like the Patricia hair and goggles for Maya.

Nemesis_

Getting this but worried I won't have anyone to play with this time around (most my friends have moved on since the first came out >_>)

Fantastic OT inViD, considering how you had to throw it together rather quickly.

Played through the first one on 360, but want to get this one on PS3.

Been trying to look around for control schemes, but just wandering if any knows if L1/R1 is available to aim/shoot on PS3?

sneaky77

Great video by AskACapper. ChrisF and I plan on highlighting where the chest is on the Sanctuary Map this week and screen capping what it looks like so you guys know in advance.. just in case some want to save it for later.

can you have multiple games at once? like for example a solo campaign, a co-op online campaign and then maybe a co-op split screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom