• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Actually, does the veteran stuff require anything beyond a save? Like I could just start a new character, save, and get the rewards in BL2?

Actually, does the veteran stuff require anything beyond a save? Like I could just start a new character, save, and get the rewards in BL2?

It just needs a save. Play the game long enough to create a save, done.

can you have multiple games at once? like for example a solo campaign, a co-op online campaign and then maybe a co-op split screen?

You could in the first one. I doubt they removed that from BL2.

sneaky77

It just needs a save. Play the game long enough to create a save, done.

You could in the first one. I doubt they removed that from BL2.

I didn't play the first, thanks for answering though. I played other co-op games that didn't allow for it, so I was just wondering.

overcast

So I'm sure this has been asked before, but can I pre-order at Gamestop and get the 5th class on the 16th still? Would be great to save myself 10 dollars.

Dipswitch

FFS......I just sank 80+hours into the first game not two months back and told myself I was all set with this series for the foreseeable future. Then I wander into this thread and see all the delectable videos and awesome new features......

Problem is my friends want to play this on the 360 and my unit is hosed. This game may actually be the incentive to fix or replace it. Using money I shouldn't be spending. What a Goddamn conundrum.

Raxus

Someone in the Gearbox offices apparently actually calculated the variations of guns, shields, grenades, and class mods but nobody in an interview has mentioned the number to my recollection.

Quick deploy the GBX_AdamF signal!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Someone in the Gearbox offices apparently actually calculated the variations of guns, shields, grenades, and class mods but nobody in an interview has mentioned the number to my recollection.

Quick deploy the GBX_AdamF signal!
Randy said just under 100 million IIRC, and that was an old, in development number. Also that includes grenades and all other unique items.

What sort of PC build do y'all have for this game? I need to alleviate some of my performance concerns before this hits (getting variable temps and voltage stats on an i5-3570k/EVGA 660ti). I hope some new drivers come out soon...

is there any rundown of the heads that come preloaded with the characters? i want the closest thing to roland as i can get with the turret dude, or i'm going with zero, and calling it a day.

You wouldn't happen to know when we'll get to pre-load our steam copies, would you?

Anyway, Rev3 Games has 20 minutes of Zer0 gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP-MoxZq1f4

Thanks, watching it now!

Are more gaffers playing this on 360 or PS3? Looking for some potential co-op action.

PS3

Most anticipated game of the year for me. I played all of Borderlands 1 solo (minus Moxxi) and enjoyed the hell out of it. Really looking forward to playing some co-op with Gaf this time around.

as did i, i'll probably co-op when i'm Uber and beat it once already.

Xanathus

What sort of PC build do y'all have for this game? I need to alleviate some of my performance concerns before this hits (getting variable temps and voltage stats on an i5-3570k/EVGA 660ti). I hope some new drivers come out soon...
I'm sure if you can run BL 1 well, you can run this well. Graphics hasn't changed much and the textures aren't hi-res.

Rikyfree

I'm so pumped for this game! Just a couple of questions if anyone can answer about the ps3 version:
Is there a custom soundtrack option?
Does the control scheme allow for shooting with R1 normally?

BigDug13

I'm so pumped for this game! Just a couple of questions if anyone can answer about the ps3 version:
Is there a custom soundtrack option?
Does the control scheme allow for shooting with R1 normally?

Doubt it on the soundtrack, but controls are completely customizable in this one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Doubt it on the soundtrack, but controls are completely customizable in this one.
Yeah they even went as far as making everything fully mappable on the consoles, I'm pretty impressed. Nobody seems to do that nowadays for some reason.

I'll be playing on PC with a 360 pad methinks.

Fou-Lu

Pretty sure I'm gonna go with Maya now. Fuckin' love her skill trees, such a controller, she's quadratic like a D&D wizard!

The Siren in the original Borderlands wasn't my style at all, but the new Siren seems to be just the sort of character I want to play - CC and vampiric attacks for everyone.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't really been following this game because they already had me at "Borderlands 2". There's just not enough games with great coop like that to make me be privlaged to be picky about it.

But I do hope that Borderlands 2 somehow doesn't feel "just more of the same". Coop and loot is great, but I'm sure they have room to kick it up a notch in story and mission structure.

BigDug13

I haven't really been following this game because they already had me at "Borderlands 2". There's just not enough games with great coop like that to make me be privlaged to be picky about it.

But I do hope that Borderlands 2 somehow doesn't feel "just more of the same". Coop and loot is great, but I'm sure they have room to kick it up a notch in story and mission structure.

If you had been following the game, you'd be catatonic right now over how many improvements they've made. I'm on hype level of bazillion.

Squire

Banned
I never played the first one, I like RPGs, but I'm not that great at FPSs. I have one question: Would it be hard for me?

Gotchaye

I never played the first one, I like RPGs, but I'm not that great at FPSs. I have one question: Would it be hard for me?

Depends how not great you are. It controls like an fps, so if you just can't get the hang of dual analog control - if you have problems with Halo on easy - you're going to have issues. As long as you're above some fairly low skill level, you're going to be able to grind out an extra level or two and get through the content no matter what. The original had extremely steep hidden damage modifiers for level differences such that if you were a few levels higher than the enemies you were pretty much untouchable.

Compared to most shooters, enemies and players take longer to kill and are often closer together. So you have to do less twitching around shooting a few shots at everything and more tracking a target and filling it with bullets. Think the big gorilla things in Halo, if you've played that.

BigDug13

Certain classes, especially ones with helping action skills like Axton with his turret, and soon Gaige with her robot pet summon would be better. You throw the turret or robot pet out there and it helps you kill things while distracting the enemies.

But you can definitely play these games just fine with less FPS skills. Especially with the leveling up nature of the game. Do more side quests to gain more levels so that the enemies you are fighting are slightly lower level than you. that makes you do more damage and them less to you.

I've seen some of the videos with some poor players and they were still having a blast.

The "fight for your life" mechanic is something the game has as well, where if you "die" you get another several seconds to try to kill something else while near death on the ground. If you manage to kill something else, you immediately resurrect on the spot with full shields and can keep fighting. In co-op games, people can resurrect you while you are in "fight for your life" as well.

I think of all the FPS's out there, this is the most friendly of them all to those who lack FPS skills.

Healing is overrated. Cataclysm/Motion elemental chaos all the way for me, with probably melee Zer0 for solo play. Followed by other characters. Multiple times.

Unicorn

I haven't seen a single Maliwan weapon in any of the videos. My favorite company from the first game. Maliwan is still around right? What special attributes do they carry now?

I haven't seen a single Maliwan weapon in any of the videos. My favorite company from the first game. Maliwan is still around right? What special attributes do they carry now?

Randy talked about them in a recent walkthrough video - I wish I could remember which video it was. Yeah, Maliwan is still around.

Alright, I gave in and pre-ordered this. (even though I have no money). I don't buy as many games anymore...so here's hoping this one will last me a while. For $36 it was a pretty good deal.

RkOwnage

I've been reading up on a lot of the features in this game, and I think I am going to go with Zer0, I liked Mordecai a lot and this seems to be the class that most resembles him, so that's been decides. I've toyed around with the skill tree and I like the melee build, think I am gonna roll with that. I am extremely excited for this game, I hope it brings the FPS/RPG/Lootfest genre to a new level, and especially after playing other loot games that didn't live up to expectations this year (Diablo 3, Sigh) I hope Borderlands 2 fills in that void!

Zer0 ftw!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If you had been following the game, you'd be catatonic right now over how many improvements they've made. I'm on hype level of bazillion.

Thats great. If nothing else I'll have a lot to discuss in a couple of weeks if they made it better or worse.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
IGN - Borderlands 2 Review in Progress

It's just about time to kill some skags, hoard guns and earn heaps of experience. To get you in the mood to read our upcoming Borderlands 2 review, we're running a series of articles leading up to our verdict, coming this Thursday, 9/13 at 9PM PST. We'll cover topics like the loot system, the story and more, giving you a taste of how I'm feeling about each along the way. Read on, Vault Hunters, read on.

red731

Nah, 9.99999 would mean a bad game in current day standard, needs more 9.

Over, over nine
thousand
?

Seriously, I am getting hyped more and more every day.
Give me trailers and everything!

I like that subtle Day One in that IGN RiP

ed: I haven't seen anyone mentioning that you will get T-Shirt with preorder from anyone, so I will just link to this image from shop I am preordering from that lets you select from two T-Shirt variations. Skag tee is my tee. Teehee

Nelo Ice

Banned
CUPsr.jpg
https://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware/status/245492044267659264

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom