• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

I expected to struggle with Mania tree Krieg in TVHM so I never bothered to try it out. Switched over and I'm massacring everything lol.

Can't wait to get Bloodsplosion as well. That's gonna be fucking nuts

I expected to struggle with Mania tree Krieg in TVHM so I never bothered to try it out. Switched over and I'm massacring everything lol.

Just read about this. Holy god.

I seriously want to play every character three times just to max out every tree.

I have problems.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just read about this. Holy god.

I seriously want to play every character three times just to max out every tree.

I have problems.

LOL I have the same issue. With the amount of gameplay I'm still getting out of BL2 (as well as other games I'm currently playing - Monster Hunter Tri, Dishonored, Mass Effect 3), I don't feel like I'm going to have time to get a next gen console within the next year. That's probably not a bad thing.

Grisby

The town music in the 'Assault on Dragon's Keep' dlc is incredible.

Definitely the best dlc out of all of them so far. It basically takes the best side quest in Fable 3 and makes a whole game out of it.

IHaveIce

Banned

Definitely the best dlc out of all of them so far. It basically takes the best side quest in Fable 3 and makes a whole game out of it.
Agreed, though I had no problem with the other DLCs this one takes the prize.
Almost all enemies are new(or are it even all) and fantastic/funny story.

I want the next dlc to be as awesome as this, shame we will get a halloween one before the moonbase.

I also want Borderlands 3 :(

God DAMN those mimics scare me EVERY TIME.

Even when I know it's gonna be a mimic!!!

AAAAAAAA!!!

(best game ever)

EDIT:

Or you could just respec your character as many times as you want for a nominal fee at the New U kiosks.

Oh, I thought when he said "three times" he meant normal, TVHM, and UVHM. Yeah, it makes more sense to just respec and try out the various trees.

This seems reasonable, but less fun. ;D

This seems reasonable, but less fun. ;D

Wat?

I also thought you meant normal, tvhm, uvhm to unlock most of the skills. What you're talking about is bananas!

Speccing offensively when say, you don't have the gear to back it up, is a recipe for disaster when hitting the higher difficulties.

Definitely. I wish all of the DLC had been as high in quality. The only good one of the three outsourced DLCs was Torgue, IMO.

maomaoIYP

I just unlocked it....lvl 57. It adds 5% damage per stack, and after every rampage I'm typically running around at 100 stacks, so now a single kill can clear an entire mob for me.

Grisby

I've enjoyed all of the DLC's for the most part with Hammerlock being slightly below my enjoyment level (those goddamn witch doctors). So unless Tina's takes a huge dip then 3 out of 4 ain't bad for a season pass.

AODK has been hitting every detail for me. The quests have been fun (real nice poke at the Dark Souls one considering I finally finished that game this year) and it's neat to have all of the gang in on the mission. If the plot with Tina is going where I think it's going then that's kind of an interesting deal for a DLC story, well for Borderlands I consider it a huge step forward.

As for the gameplay stuff it's still classic Borderlands, which is fineeeee by me. It's been nice taking such a long break from the game's initial release to playing all of the DLC's back to back.

PS.- Having a shotgun that shoots swords...well, I can get down with that.

Bollocks

So I just came across the Loot Midget glitch at wildlife preserve.
My buddy accidentally picked up all samples.
Can we still farm that area as long as we don't turn in or are we fucked.

Trakan

So I just came across the Loot Midget glitch at wildlife preserve.
My buddy accidentally picked up all samples.
Can we still farm that area as long as we don't turn in or are we fucked.

The mission that gets the midgets to spawn is Doctor's Orders. Don't pick up any items related to that quest and you'll be fine. The slag samples thing doesn't matter.

nel e nel

Oh, I thought when he said "three times" he meant normal, TVHM, and UVHM. Yeah, it makes more sense to just respec and try out the various trees.

Ah, I guess it could have been read either way the way it was written. Technically, you only need to be level 31 to reach the bottom of any tree.

So I just hit level 50 with Krieg (first 50 with almost 200 hours play lol) and I'm trying to fight Terra. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. The best I did was take off a third of its health and I think that was a fluke because I was just circling in Buzz Axe Rampage wacking the shit out of it. I thought Hellborn would be a good idea but it doesn't seem like Terra takes elemental DoT and my damage output was miniscule.

Youtube vids are all crazy speed kills with really good gear so any know of a rough strategy I can follow?

Celcius

°Temp. member
He's weak against incendiary weapons, so an incendiary Sand Hawk is very effective against him. I like to combine mine with a Bee shield and fire while aiming down the sight to fire more rapidly. Slag helps and the best place to sit is behind the rocks near the exit/treasure room. If you crouch on/behind the rocks there, most of his attacks can't hit you. However, if he throws rocks or gets close to you then you'll have to temporarily run for it, and you'll still have to kill some of the laser tentacles. The Conference Call or DPUH is also a great back up and good at destroying his tentacles.

Carm

I just finished PT2 base game and have a question. With 2.5 do the items and enemies in Tiny Tina's scale only to level 50 or do they go higher? I ask because I'd like to skip to that one if they dont scale higher than anything else to farm an item easier. I haven't done any side quests in the base game nor the other dlcs yet.

maomaoIYP

Got my 5th character (Krieg) to lvl 61. Took me exactly as much time to get Zero to 50.
I'm not looking forward to doing Zero next.

IHaveIce

Banned
Started my first UVHM solo run, fuck I'm getting melted from all angles lol.

And I have a really good Equip with a 49 Bee, 49 Unkempt Harold and much more.

Playing Asssassin, are there some Builds that are considered the best? Not only for Assassin but over all? (skill tree)

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just finished PT2 base game and have a question. With 2.5 do the items and enemies in Tiny Tina's scale only to level 50 or do they go higher? I ask because I'd like to skip to that one if they dont scale higher than anything else to farm an item easier. I haven't done any side quests in the base game nor the other dlcs yet.

In TVHM (playthrough 2/2.5) they only go up level 50

Okay so I need help. I bought Borderlands 2 during the sale and my character seems to get stuck in the terrain every 5 minutes and I have to reload my game. Is there any way I can fix this or prevent it? My character is level 28 and if I have to start over I think I may go mental.

Edit: Apparently it was one of the weapons I had that was making me move extremely slow. Really frustrating. Was on the verge of just saying fuck it and uninstalling.

Okay so I need help. I bought Borderlands 2 during the sale and my character seems to get stuck in the terrain every 5 minutes and I have to reload my game. Is there any way I can fix this or prevent it? My character is level 28 and if I have to start over I think I may go mental.

Edit: Apparently it was one of the weapons I had that was making me move extremely slow. Really frustrating. Was on the verge of just saying fuck it and uninstalling.

The Bane?

IceMarker

Been powering through the DLC after I bought them at the Steam Summer Sale. Two DLCs already down! (Pirate and Torgue) Now only 2 more to go! (Hammerlock and Tiny Tina)

If you want to help me 100% them (besides the Seraph guardians) just add me on Steam and let me know you're from GAF! We're doing them in TVHM as a note.

maomaoIYP

That's what I've been doing. I'm beginning to suspect I need to do it on the right difficulty for it to work. I've been trying in normal and TVHM with no success.

That's odd. I've done it quite a few times in TVHM, I've never tried it on UVHM because crystallisks are almost impossible by then.

That's what I've been doing. I'm beginning to suspect I need to do it on the right difficulty for it to work. I've been trying in normal and TVHM with no success.

Are you playing as Krieg? He's 'heavier' than the other characters so can't complete this challenge, nor the one for launching from the geysers in Three Horns - Valley.

Are you playing as Krieg? He's 'heavier' than the other characters so can't complete this challenge, nor the one for launching from the geysers in Three Horns - Valley.

I am. I guess that makes sense in that it applies for the geyser too but at the same time makes no sense that they'd bother to code something like that in in the first place, unless it was meant to keep Krieg from getting knocked around in combat or something.

I am. I guess that makes sense in that it applies for the geyser too but at the same time makes no sense that they'd bother to code something like that in in the first place, unless it was meant to keep Krieg from getting knocked around in combat or something.
According to this quote, from Krieg's Creative Director/Lead Designer Paul Hellquist...
This is because we made Krieg’s mass heavier than the other characters. The change was so that many of the enemies (notably the loaders) could not create situations where you could not be effective with Krieg’s action skill because they would knock you back so far that you could not get a hit in on them when you closed to melee range.

The unfortunate side effect is that the impulse on the geyser is not enough to get you up as far when you are playing Krieg. It was a trade well worth making since the entire character was frustrating and unfun before this change.
...that's precisely the reason he's heavier. They have said they will disable these challenges for Krieg, but that was back in May.

Just beat Dragonkeep.

If you had told me a year ago that a DLC - let alone a DLC for Borderlands - would be the best written game of the year, let alone almost make me cry, I would have laughed in your face.

The ending, however, is way too rushed.

But I can't wait for Season 2 now.

IceMarker

Just beat Dragonkeep.

If you had told me a year ago that a DLC - let alone a DLC for Borderlands - would be the best written game of the year, let alone almost make me cry, I would have laughed in your face.

The ending, however, is way too rushed.

But I can't wait for Season 2 now.

Man that was a great DLC, doing all the side quests now and they don't let up!

UVHM is surprisingly manageable so far with Krieg. I just reached Wildlife Exploitation Preserve and the only real difficulty I've had so far was Overlook once the constructor landed. There must be an expectation that you're using a Bee because I do fuck all damage with guns even with slag. Fight for your life is might as well be death if there isn't anything in melee range.

maomaoIYP

UVHM is surprisingly manageable so far with Krieg. I just reached Wildlife Exploitation Preserve and the only real difficulty I've had so far was Overlook once the constructor landed. There must be an expectation that you're using a Bee because I do fuck all damage with guns even with slag. Fight for your life is might as well be death if there isn't anything in melee range.

I finished UVHM as a pure melee Krieg. It was a lot easier than any other class.

I finished UVHM as a pure melee Krieg. It was a lot easier than any other class.

Yup. Requires barely any gear either. Most of the time I pepper with a Slagga/throw a slag grenade and go to town. I started to notice my damage output was getting low but then I found a class mod which gave me almost 450% extra melee damage between Silence The Voices and Empty The Rage.

Not looking forward to brining Zer0 up, even TVHM was hard with him

Top Bottom