• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

How in the sweet hell am I supposed to kill (Torgue DLC boss)
the metal t-rex
? If I stop moving, I'm essentially dead.

You basically have to kite around it and use Explosive weapons, it's weakness is EXPLOOOOOOSIONS and normal bullets just reflect off it. He's a bit of a nuisance to solo (like quite a few Borderlands bosses) so if you're struggling you can just jump behind the barrier and chuck grenades from inside.

Neverfade

You basically have to kite around it and use Explosive weapons, it's weakness is EXPLOOOOOOSIONS and normal bullets just reflect off it. He's a bit of a nuisance to solo (like quite a few Borderlands bosses) so if you're struggling you can just jump behind the barrier and chuck grenades from inside.

Tried that. He destroys me there, too somehow.

maomaoIYP

Just announced at the Gearbox panel at PAX Aus.

Level cap raised to 72 and new DLC coming soonish.

Raised again? Motherfucker. Not sure if want.
Just got back from vacation and finished the dlc, pretty enjoyable and easily the best of the 4 story wise. Only have one quick question, I've seen one crazy video of killing the ancient dragons solo, is there any glitch or anything or maybe s few videos showing how to solo the dragons?

Not really at glitch. You'll need grog nozzle, which is a quest weapon. When equipped, 65% of dealt damage is returned as health. The easiest way to solo the ancient dragons is with salvador using a chaotic evil monk class mod, gunzerk with grog nozzle and whatever other weapon of choice (interfacer, dpuh or whatever you like) and just blast away. Money shot will do the big ass damage while grog nozzle will keep you invincible.

There's also a video with a siren solo, I have all the items required for that except for a lvl 61 norfleet, and I can't make it work without the norfleet.

Tried that. He destroys me there, too somehow.
Stand outside the barricade at the door and blast away. If you're Salvador (who is too short to shoot over the barricade) then you're out of luck.

PS3: W353B-KXZX5-9HC5J-S3KJT-KBHCZ
WinPC/Mac: WJ5J3-3KFWX-WTH33-BJJT3-3FK96
X360: KTKT3-63HB3-9F9BR-CRJBT-HFTTC

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: K3WTT-WCCFF-C3HTJ-T3JBJ-RR6X3 [Active through July 22]
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: CTCBJ-FXXZC-SS5CJ-ZJKJT-RSTXB [Active through July 22]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: KBCT3-ZBRWT-ZF93R-W6JBT-CS6WK [Active through July 22]

All codes worth 3 keys

smr00

Banned
Anyone looking to play some coop on PC? I bought the game awhile back but have nobody to play with and found it boring to just get out of the starting zone alone. Had much more fun cooping on consoles when it first came out.

Just got all the achievements for Hammerlock's HORRIBLE DLC. Hated every minute of it.

Haven't bought Tiny Tina's DLC yet. Waiting till I finish the other DLC before doing so. All I have left is Torgue's DLC so it will be purchased soon.

This game is unbelievable. I've never thought an FPS could be made so well into an RPG, it's just perfect. It took a little bit for me to get comfortable and not feel overwhelmed (I haven't played games in a long time), but now I look like it as if it was WoW and it's so good

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This game is unbelievable. I've never thought an FPS could be made so well into an RPG, it's just perfect. It took a little bit for me to get comfortable and not feel overwhelmed (I haven't played games in a long time), but now I look like it as if it was WoW and it's so good

I agree, that might be why i like the game so much. Even the items quality are colored the same way as WoW lol.

Although, now that my Siren is lvl 61 with a bunch of purple and orange guns of different elemental effects, i dont feel much desire to continue playing her and doing more quests when these quests all give worst guns than i have, no XP since im at max level and money isn't really an issue, not to mention i bought all the ammo, bank and bag upgrades available.

Maybe its a sign i need to play another class ha.

I agree, that might be why i like the game so much. Even the items quality are colored the same way as WoW lol.

Although, now that my Siren is lvl 61 with a bunch of purple and orange guns of different elemental effects, i dont feel much desire to continue playing her and doing more quests when these quests all give worst guns than i have, no XP since im at max level and money isn't really an issue, not to mention i bought all the ammo, bank and bag upgrades available.

Maybe its a sign i need to play another class ha.

That's where I am with my assassin with completely maxed out gear. The only real "endgame" is the 5 or so raid bosses but they go down easily enough with a high level team.

Marvie_3

Banned
New Borderlands 2 DLC, Level Cap Increase Coming This Fall

During a panel at PAX Australia today, Gearbox confirmed that the level cap for Borderlands 2 will be raised by 11 levels to 72 this fall, plus new missions and raid bosses will be coming as additional DLC packs.

The level cap increase will come along with the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge, which will be released for $5.00 before the end of October. The Digistruct Peak Challenge is a new map where Patricia Tannis will let players fight high-level enemies (which they can "over level" to create an "impossible" challenge) to earn new loot. An upcoming free update will also add additional backpack, ammo and bank slots.

Gearbox will also release multiple “Headhunter” packs offering new missions and unique themed boss fights. The first mission will be T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest, bringing back the character last seen in Borderlands 1’s Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC. Zombie T.K. Baha will send players to fight Jaques O’Lantern, a giant pumpkin boss who will give new character customizations as a reward for being beaten. Multiple headhunter packs are coming in the future (at least two and possibly three), but no specific pricing or release dates have been announced.

All new DLC is separate from the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, which concluded last month with the release of Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep.

Gearbox will also be releasing more character heads and skins later this year, which will arrive "within two or three weeks," including a set of themed heads related to Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

Today’s news confirms a tease from Gearbox head Randy Pitchford earlier this month, and Gearbox promises that more details will be revealed in the coming weeks. Gearbox will host its next Community Day for fans on September 14th (and will stream it online), so expect more details by then.

IceMarker

PS3: W353B-KXZX5-9HC5J-S3KJT-KBHCZ
WinPC/Mac: WJ5J3-3KFWX-WTH33-BJJT3-3FK96
X360: KTKT3-63HB3-9F9BR-CRJBT-HFTTC

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: K3WTT-WCCFF-C3HTJ-T3JBJ-RR6X3 [Active through July 22]
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: CTCBJ-FXXZC-SS5CJ-ZJKJT-RSTXB [Active through July 22]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: KBCT3-ZBRWT-ZF93R-W6JBT-CS6WK [Active through July 22]

All codes worth 3 keys

First set already expired. :(

Zertez

The new Ultimate Vault Hunter pack sounds good, if they put some serious thought into increasing the difficulty. Increasing the mobs hp pool a lot and lowering the players damage using cheap tricks will make me lose interest quickly, like the bullet sponge mobs that need the Slag debuff in the current UVHM setting. The Slag necessity needs to go imo. If you do an insane amount of damage, you dont need Slag, but you need almost the best gear in every slot. Put some thought into making the game harder, not just upping the hp of every mob and artificially lowering the damage players do. Mudflation is already out of control and more levels with another difficulty setting would make things a lot worse, if they use the same tactics.

The headhunter packs sound like they could be pretty cool, it will come down to pricing and overall size of the dungeons though. They seem like they will be pretty straight forward, decent sized dungeon or outdoor zone with a tough loot pinata at the end. A new dungeon released periodically with new scripted fights have the potential to be very cool and help add to the high end game. If they just add boring fights with bullet sponge mobs that do very little, the type of loot or price wont matter to me. Tiny Tina's dlc restored my faith in the quality of dlc they are capable of producing. I imagine the headhunter packs will probably be around 5 dollars since they are shorter than a full dlc pack.

This probably wont happen, but it would be cool if they could design the new headhunter areas with several different difficulties for high end players. Each difficulty would have a different entrance close to one another, but fundamentally the art, layout, bosses would all be the same, so they wouldnt have to spend a lot of time making new assets for each difficulty. The basic trash mobs would have a similar system they have now, with the highest difficulty changing the trash mobs look very little. Have 3 different difficulties, one difficulty for solo players who dont have the best guns in the game, another for 2 player co-op or someone with great gear, and a final difficulty that is set as a raid group(4 players) or someone with the best gear looking for a very tough challenge.

The quality of the weapons would change based on the difficulty you play. At their core the weapons would be the same, but higher difficulty weapons would have better stats and maybe some new red text effects that make them very special and worth the time. Solo difficulty would normal purples with the rare chance at a bright purple quality, 2 person setting would drop bright purples with a chance at a orange legendary, and raid would drop legendaries and pearls.

The main boss would drop a unique weapon and skins on all difficulties, but beating the final boss on the higher difficulties would up the stats on the unique weapon to reflect the difficulty increase. All the 3 options are open for people to play solo, but the higher difficulties would be challenging solo. People who wanted to solo, could work their way up by getting better guns in lower difficulties then moving up to higher difficulties. I dont imagine it would be too difficult or take a lot of man hours to make 3 difficulty levels of the exact same dungeon, but I have no idea the time involved tuning the difficulty in a game like this. Maybe Im just used to Blizzards style with heroics in WoW and Inferno mode in D3, and Gearbox already has a much better system in mind.

Borderlands 2 has a high end game miles ahead of the first game. If they continue to add new interesting dungeons that have unique fights and loot, and they do not get lazy with the increasing the difficulty, they will keep me interested in Borderlands 2 for a long time. More importantly, they will also get me to buy every new addition. Since a new generation is starting soon, it is probably going to be a few years until we see a new Borderlands game, so they need to keep BL2 alive as long as possible. Personally I wouldnt mind dropping 5 dollars every few months for new areas, loot and cool boss fights.

IceMarker

I was going to buy the UVHM pack alone until I realized that they are charging literally just for the +11 levels.

Welp, time to wait for the Season Pass to go on sale again on Steam.

At least with this new "level up" pack they're including more than just another 11 levels.

I am running into a weird issues on the PC version... Whenever I approach a car spawning station, the game will crash. It does not happen when I turn V-Sync off.

Any ideas what this could be about?

edit: It also doesn't happen in windowed mode. WTF.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally killed the Black Queen and got a Nukem :)
Since a glitch currently prevents Doc Mercy form dropping the Infinity Pistol on TVHM & UVHM, is there no other way to get it if you play solo? (no trading, hacks, etc)

Since a glitch currently prevents Doc Mercy form dropping the Infinity Pistol on TVHM & UVHM, is there no other way to get it if you play solo? (no trading, hacks, etc)

Outside of Raid Bosses that drop most legendaries and the Treasure Room, I don't think so. It doesn't have another specific source in the base game. From what people have been saying, it seems that (DLC4 boss)
the Gold Golem
has it in his loot pool.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've been trying to solo Pyro Pete with my Axton for a while and today I completely took out his shield and started digging into his health (my lv 49 Corporate Yellow Jacket was really getting the job done). Then I realized that every time I turned on the pipes to wash myself off, the mobs gained a level :(
Ugggg

I've been trying to solo Pyro Pete with my Axton for a while and today I completely took out his shield and started digging into his health (my lv 49 Corporate Yellow Jacket was really getting the job done). Then I realized that every time I turned on the pipes to wash myself off, the mobs gained a level :(
Ugggg

How are you specced? The first skill tree is a good bet for Pete as it has a few nice turret buffs to take the load of the pipe mobs, and the end-skill adds Slag to it. Also, if you're using the Yellow Jacket it might be worth picking up a skill or two from the middle tree to buff Grenade damage. The Yellow Jacket has a 'splash damage bonus' which is boosted by Grenade damage, and that tree starts with a Gun damage skill.

Try to alternate which pipe you use to wash yourself, they spawn different mobs that level up independently from each other. Or you could just de-equip your grenade mod, grenade-jump up onto the ledge behind the two pillars to your right when you enter the arena, and step behind them when he novas, if you really just want to beat him.

maomaoIYP

Ugggg

Pyro Pete drops the infinity IIRC. I beat him with no issues at all at lvl 61 as a siren using only an electric sandhawk with a bee shield. You can use shields that prevent corrosion and being set on fire to avoid the nova blasts giving you those statuses.

Trakan

I think the Gold Golem has a higher chance to drop it than most other sources.

Krelian

I found a level 50 one on TVHM from a slot machine in Torgue's DLC. Not one of those that take torgue tokens but the normal currency. It's probably not the ideal way to get it though since there's no way to know what you'll get when you hit the jackpot. Still, it's the second legandary I got this way.

RS4-

Got trolled hard, didn't get Hoplite after four kills or Neogenerator.

Actually what's the quickest way to get Pete the Invincible to respawn?

Blu10

Got trolled hard, didn't get Hoplite after four kills or Neogenerator.

Actually what's the quickest way to get Pete the Invincible to respawn?

After you beat him, pull the lift down and stand underneath if it and let it kill you. Then just go down and repeat the process.

nel e nel

The new Ultimate Vault Hunter pack sounds good, if they put some serious thought into increasing the difficulty. Increasing the mobs hp pool a lot and lowering the players damage using cheap tricks will make me lose interest quickly, like the bullet sponge mobs that need the Slag debuff in the current UVHM setting. The Slag necessity needs to go imo. If you do an insane amount of damage, you dont need Slag, but you need almost the best gear in every slot.

The bolded would pretty much exclude any player that doesn't spend hours upon hours replaying all the raid bosses and getting highest level legendary gear. The use of slag levels the playing field, because then anyone can manage the higher difficulties with basic weapon drops.

Gearbox put out a pretty clear explanation of UVHM that straight up said you would need to use slag, weapon swap speed was increased, slag duration and damage was increased, and slag on slag damage was increased.

I am running into a weird issues on the PC version... Whenever I approach a car spawning station, the game will crash. It does not happen when I turn V-Sync off.

Any ideas what this could be about?

edit: It also doesn't happen in windowed mode. WTF.

Scratch that, the game just always crashes after a short time when using full screen + v-sync. So weird. Everything perfect when I use borderless windowed.

Grisby

So I started this back up again and am going through all of the DLC's. I started with Hammerlocks Hunt thingy because I heard that was the weakest and wanted to get it out of the way first.

I accidentally gave some furnace thingy half my eridum which pissed me off and then promptly got stuck between a rock and a tree. Still, I forgot how much I love this game. Can't wait to make it to the stronger pieces of DLC.

I have one question though, what is a good solo build for Maya?

Bisnic

So I started this back up again and am going through all of the DLC's. I started with Hammerlocks Hunt thingy because I heard that was the weakest and wanted to get it out of the way first.

I accidentally gave some furnace thingy half my eridum which pissed me off and then promptly got stuck between a rock and a tree. Still, I forgot how much I love this game. Can't wait to make it to the stronger pieces of DLC.

I don't know what lvl your Siren is, but im using this right now and i feel pretty powerful soloing UVHM, the only exception being those damn Threshers, Crystalisks or Stalkers(especially the Rabid ones)

http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#555001055103000000005305510511

-PXG-

Holy shit. The new DLC sounds amazing. There is never such a thing is too much Borderlands. Keep it coming. I love this fucking game.

maomaoIYP

I use this at lvl 61 with a legendary class mod.
http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#550001450051040000005505014501
This is what I had at around your level.
http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#550000000000000000005505014501

AYS

Neo Member

Bollocks

Any tips for Bloodwing on UVHM?
We're both lvl 42(Commando/Siren) but can't beat her, the most we got her down was to 50% health but she always recharges way too fast.
But really we both die way too easily, divebomb dead, creatures appear - dead
We just seem to not make enough damage.
We never had a problem up until now.

Bisnic

Any tips for Bloodwing on UVHM?
We're both lvl 42(Commando/Siren) but can't beat her, the most we got her down was to 50% health but she always recharges way too fast.
But really we both die way too easily, divebomb dead, creatures appear - dead
We just seem to not make enough damage.
We never had a problem up until now.

UVHM at 42? Are you sure you're not talking about TVHM? Lvl 42 seems ridiculously low for UVHM.

But yeah, she pissed me off a lot in UVHM. I had to use a great explosive shotgun that fires multiple bullets when she was on the ground to make her HP go down fast. Otherwise, you have to keep running and running when she's flying and shoot at every opportunity.

Bollocks

UVHM at 42? Are you sure you're not talking about TVHM? Lvl 42 seems ridiculously low for UVHM.

But yeah, she pissed me off a lot in UVHM. I had to use a great explosive shotgun that fires multiple bullets when she was on the ground to make her HP go down fast. Otherwise, you have to keep running and running when she's flying and shoot at every opportunity.

Yeah, mixed that up. TVHM, we finished the game only once.

nel e nel

There are 4 or 5 of those furnaces around that area. If you make an 'offering' to all of them, you can summon an unique boss.

Hoping somebody can educate me a bit, I'm pretty new to this game, I've only got about 6 hours in.

I've been using this great fire pistol I found, and despite me finding all sorts of statistically better guns it always seems to clean up mobs the best.

However a quest the other night dropped another fire pistol that statistically blew what I was using away and so I almost sold my old one on the spot. I go to test this new gun and to my surprise it's not firing standard bullets, instead shooting sticky darts that explode after a one second delay. While I'm still deciding if this is better or not, I can't figure out where in the weapon details it notifies me that it shoots these darts.

Bisnic

Hoping somebody can educate me a bit, I'm pretty new to this game, I've only got about 6 hours in.

I've been using this great fire pistol I found, and despite me finding all sorts of statistically better guns it always seems to clean up mobs the best.

However a quest the other night dropped another fire pistol that statistically blew what I was using away and so I almost sold my old one on the spot. I go to test this new gun and to my surprise it's not firing standard bullets, instead shooting sticky darts that explode after a one second delay. While I'm still deciding if this is better or not, I can't figure out where in the weapon details it notifies me that it shoots these darts.

I think those "dart" weapons usually have something in their name that tells you it use darts... i think.

Well that pointed me in the right direction, thank you.

From what I gather from the Wiki, every weapon has a specific Title and some titles like Dart and Spiker (mine) give the weapon completely different properties that you just have to know. I'm disappointed if this is the right conclusion because it would just be another thing about the games interface that frustrates me. Would it be so hard to list "fires darts that explode after impact" with the rest of the stats?

nel e nel

Well that pointed me in the right direction, thank you.

From what I gather from the Wiki, every weapon has a specific Title and some titles like Dart and Spiker (mine) give the weapon completely different properties that you just have to know. I'm disappointed if this is the right conclusion because it would just be another thing about the games interface that frustrates me. Would it be so hard to list "fires darts that explode after impact" with the rest of the stats?

Protip: if you aren't sure about a gun, take it back to the firing range at Sanctuary and test it out on the bandit. You will get an idea of:

- type of projectiles
- zoom capabilities
- chance of elemental effect
- damage of elemental effect
- critical damage vs. basic damage
- range of basic damage (in the case of spread/scatter weapons)
- reload time

You'll also start to learn the different manufacturers idiosyncrasies:

Dahl - burst fire when zoomed/iron sighted
Maliwan - always elemental
Hyperion - increases accuracy the longer you fire, but resets when you reload
Vladof - very high rate of fire, many times increases rate of fire the longer you hold the trigger
Torgue - always explosive, slow rate of fire
Bandit - high clip count
Tediore - when you reload it throws the gun like a grenade, how much ammo left in clip determines how much damage done
Jakobs - highest damage of all manufacturers, but no elemental effects, low clip counts

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_2#Weapon_Manufacturers

Top Bottom