• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Vita |OT| 870 gajillion guns in your pockets

If you put the game card in it will just ask you if you want to replace it. The save data gets handled accordingly. Same for if you re-download the digital copy and go to install it. I did it a bunch of times with LittleBigPlanet.

I actually didn't know this, thanks for the info

Darksol

Sorry I know this is the vita discussion but we in the UK don't have it yet... Ice been playing the ps3 version to get ready for the vita cross save... My god what a stunning and exciting game. Totally in love with it.

When did you first fall in love? I was pretty much hooked from the start when Claptrap made a wisecrack about my ability to run short distances being the downfall of Handsome Jack.

MAX PAYMENT

You have to download the "Gaige, the Mechromancer" DLC.

I already installed the 100kb unlocks. Still no dlc characters. Do I have to download and install the dlc packs and/or updates?
I currently have very limited access to high speed internet. So I'd be happy with just playing the vanilla game, but with the dlc characters, if possible.

DrFurbs

When did you first fall in love? I was pretty much hooked from the start when Claptrap made a wisecrack about my ability to run short distances being the downfall of Handsome Jack.

For some reason I find claptrap really annoying. I think it was the first boss. Bomb and his bro. But it was the cg cut scene " light the fuses bitches, in really to blow " .. Just the whole experience is brilliantly created.

Hollycat

I already installed the 100kb unlocks. Still no dlc characters. Do I have to download and install the dlc packs and/or updates?
I currently have very limited access to high speed internet. So I'd be happy with just playing the vanilla game, but with the dlc characters, if possible.

I can't imagine why you can't use gaige if you installed the dlc. I'm assuming you tried closing the game, redownloading the 100 kb file, and then installing it again?

Edit: Oh god, I had forgotten how horrifying UVHM can be. And if you're playing an anarchy Mechromancer, it's stressful as well. Strangely enough, I'm finding My Heartbreaker from TVHM is still holding up.

I can't imagine why you can't use gaige if you installed the dlc. I'm assuming you tried closing the game, redownloading the 100 kb file, and then installing it again?

Edit: Oh god, I had forgotten how horrifying UVHM can be. And if you're playing an anarchy Mechromancer, it's stressful as well. Strangely enough, I'm finding My Heartbreaker from TVHM is still holding up.

Yeah, UVHM is a fucking nightmare. How does it hold up on the Vita?

Hollycat

Yeah, UVHM is a fucking nightmare. How does it hold up on the Vita?

Holds up well. I have no doubt my first encounter with an actual badass will kill me.

Seriously, whose idea was it to make every enemy have badass level stats. If I were in Torque's Campain, I would be truly labeled the king of cowards, with how much I'm hiding and running.

I'm even running low on money because of all the ammo I have to buy.

Borderlands 2 was already a hard game, This is like super dark souls mode or something.

BigDug13

Holds up well. I have no doubt my first encounter with an actual badass will kill me.

Seriously, whose idea was it to make every enemy have badass level stats. If I were in Torque's Campain, I would be truly labeled the king of cowards, with how much I'm hiding and running.

I'm even running low on money because of all the ammo I have to buy.

Borderlands 2 was already a hard game, This is like super dark souls mode or something.

They made slagged enemies take 3x damage instead of 2x IIRC. They really wanted people to play through UVHM in co-op with a designated slagger it seems. Maya, Axton, and Sal have things a bit easier since they can spec into slag powers so then their primary gun hand is always free to deal that 3x damage. Otherwise slag grenades are pretty much required in UVHM when solo.

DrFurbs

I'm addicted. Love watching videos on YT of this game. Played done really cool coop today too. Can't wait for the UK release.

I'm Italian too, same thing is happening to me :(

As for the DLC's, I guess they'll be downloadable starting tomorrow, since it's the official street date. I don't get why the update's not up yet, I often got my hands on games before the street date, and day-one patched had always been available before...

Slappers Only

Playing this game on the Vita 2000 is destroying my hands. Loss of circulation, severe cramping, just general bullshit.

I hate the positioning of the analog nipples on the Vita. Really wish they would have switched them to occupy the upper area. As is, I have too hook my thumbs downward at all times, which is really uncomfortable.

Also, the right bumper is so loose and sloppy that it often gets stuck in and won't return to its regular position unless I manually extract it.

Gross.

Korosenai

Ive been playing this game ALOT lately, just got done with a three hour session.... Man this game is amazing. The more I play it, the more I fall in love with it.

You know a game is good when you dont dread doing side missions.

Wehrwolf

So now the cross-save is apparently out... at least, I just got the game, and did the updates, and it has a cross save link (I guess I haven't tried to see if its active or just says 'coming soon!' when you click it...)

Has anyone found out what happens with content that's on PS3 but not Vita?.

Hollycat

So now the cross-save is apparently out... at least, I just got the game, and did the updates, and it has a cross save link (I guess I haven't tried to see if its active or just says 'coming soon!' when you click it...)

Has anyone found out what happens with content that's on PS3 but not Vita?.

It just pretends it wasn't copied over. Whenever you load that character it will say something like- save data contains content from dlc you do not own, and then it will ignore whatever that content was.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So can the Vita version play cross MP with the PS3 version? Because if it's locked only to the Vita version I don't think the MP scene can survive long, sorry to say. But maybe I am mistaken about it.

How's the MP?

Have they said if the Tiny Tina and Sir Hammerlock DLC is going to come out at some point for the Vita?

I'm interested in buying this for the Vita, but the two DLCs that aren't included are also the two that I haven't played much of (if at all) in my +100 hours of Borderlands 2 on the PC. If I could play those DLCs at some point I'd be much more on board with getting this version.

TUSR

Banned
Have they said if the Tiny Tina and Sir Hammerlock DLC is going to come out at some point for the Vita?

I'm interested in buying this for the Vita, but the two DLCs that aren't included are also the two that I haven't played much of (if at all) in my +100 hours of Borderlands 2 on the PC. If I could play those DLCs at some point I'd be much more on board with getting this version.

Hammerlock sucks, Tiny Tina is good.

Phii

Banned
The frame rate is improved if you turn off WiFi (in my experience).

Iron Galaxy made a wonderful job on this port, I'm super impressed. But I still don't know what Sony thought this port would benefit.

Terra

In my opinion those left out are two nice DLC. Not that I am a Vita owner anyway, so I probably shouldn't care. But a huge bummer.

Still, great to see a release as BL2's life will be prolonged. It's such a nice game...and I have just started playing with my friend on PC.

Surfheart

I just picked this up in Orstralia and have only been prompted to dload a ~306mb 1.01 patch? I saw you guys talking about a smaller 1.02 patch?

Great looking game btw but any improvement to the performance would be welcome.

I just picked this up in Orstralia and have only been prompted to dload a ~306mb 1.01 patch? I saw you guys talking about a smaller 1.02 patch?

Great looking game btw but any improvement to the performance would be welcome.

Yeah, happened to me too here in Italy. I guess they merged US patches 1.01 (287 MB) and 1.02 (58 MB) into our 1.01 (307 MB)

They haven't said anything so I too am anxiously awaiting news. As someone who only played a bit of the first borderlands, I can't believe I never gave the series a proper chance. So far I've put about 26 hours, it lends itself so well as a handheld title. I would buy the DLC in a heartbeat but I have doubts it'll ever come.

If it doesn't, I'll probably buy the PS3 version and transfer my character over (that's possible right?) Or I'll buy in a steam sale and start a new game on PC (I want to try Psycho anyways)

JON4495

FYI to anyone in the UK who's planning on buying this digitally. The release date on the ps blog says 30th may but the game is available for purchase on the store now.

HT UK

Surprised it's only £19.99 on PSN. Would've picked it up digitally instead of pre-ordering the physical copy if I'd have known!

ok been playing this since I picked it up this up yesterday and I really do not get the hate its been getting from the press. Its not the worst game ever, sure it doesn't stack up well to the console versions. But its a portable version of Borderlands 2, its awesome for what it is. Really loving it so far.

Still in the early part of the game working through as Gaige. If anyone wants to play together my PSN name is flamecondor64

nampad

Bought it today and just wanted to take a glimpse before sleep, now I have played at least 2 hours...
Very satisfied with the game. Looks great on the Vita and so far it runs ok. Never had any issue with accidental back touches so I am fine with the controls.

1.03 is up now, 17mb if you had the previous patches.

Oddly enough, it had no patch notes at all and Iron Galaxy's Twitter hasn't updated at all since the patch release. I wonder what is it all about.

Kolma

1.03 is up now, 17mb if you had the previous patches.

Oddly enough, it had no patch notes at all and Iron Galaxy's Twitter hasn't updated at all since the patch release. I wonder what is it all about.

I'll tell you what it DOESN'T fix
The stupid inverted gyro issue >:|
just recorded this video, been meaning to for a while and just happened to do it right after the patch (it gave me patch notification while i was booting game)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa8ppw0ulLs

mixing and matching wouldn't hurt to have as options, but it seems kind of weird to me to want to play FPS with inverted look, but then be thrown off by it on the gyro... it's like not liking the inverted gyro is an indicator that you shouldn't like inverted look in the first place

EL CUCO

Dave Lang said they are talking with Sony on addressing some of the framerate issues via a patch but nothing official to announce as of yet.

Slappers Only

Why does it seem like the devs don't want me to be able to see what I'm shooting at when I'm aiming down sights? Every new gun has its own inventive way of making it a visual mess and unusable. Isn't the point of aiming down a scope to see your target better?

Does anyone know whether this is specific to the Vita version?

Why does it seem like the devs don't want me to be able to see what I'm shooting at when I'm aiming down sights? Every new gun has its own inventive way of making it a visual mess and unusable. Isn't the point of aiming down a scope to see your target better?

Try closing your right eye. I'm told that helps.

MattyG

Banned

Nah, it was like that in the console/PC versions too. It's pretty rare that you get a gun with useful ADS.

Human_me

FYI to anyone in the UK who's planning on buying this digitally. The release date on the ps blog says 30th may but the game is available for purchase on the store now.

Just went on the store and I cant find it.

Edit: found it never mind, Its on the Vita store but not the web store.

Saiyan-Rox

Got this today and have to say the perfomance sucks stutters like crazy massive fps drops (especially when buying items in vending machines and pressing select and changing weapons) has gearbox said anything about the perfromace issues?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Got this today and have to say the perfomance sucks stutters like crazy massive fps drops (especially when buying items in vending machines and pressing select and changing weapons) has gearbox said anything about the perfromace issues?

Gearbox's stance is that they got nothing to do with this port and you should redirects any queries about this port to Iron Galaxy the studio who was hired by Sony to handle this port.
Iron Galaxy at first made it clear that any future support to the port is up to Sony to decide that but they already announced that they are making a patch(s) for the port although we haven't received any word of getting the rest of the Missing DLC on this port yet.

Saiyan-Rox

Gearbox's stance is that they got nothing to do with this port and you should redirects any queries about this port to Iron Galaxy the studio who was hired by Sony to handle this port.
Iron Galaxy at first made it clear that any future support to the port is up to Sony to decide that but they already announced that they are making a patch(s) for the port although we haven't received any word of getting the rest of the Missing DLC on this port yet.

Wasn't aware another company did the port. I'm not fussed on the missing dlc (even tho tiny Tina's would would awesome) but they need to do something with the way this runs its just plain bad. I know it's a big game and they managed to get it on s handhelds and all but with this kind of stuttering its just annoying

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Wasn't aware another company did the port. I'm not fussed on the missing dlc (even tho tiny Tina's would would awesome) but they need to do something with the way this runs its just plain bad. I know it's a big game and they managed to get it on s handhelds and all but with this kind of stuttering its just annoying

I won't deny that the game has performance issues and I can clearly see why a good portion of players don't like it but personally after muscling through Fallout 3,Fallout: New Vegas,TES:Oblivion and TES:Skyrim on PS3 unless a game is quite literally running at a slideshow pace I don't mind Game Freeze/Lockups,Bugs/Glitches,game assets pop in ,Console/System Crash much anymore so I'm not having such a horrible time with the port.

Top Bottom