• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Vita |OT| 870 gajillion guns in your pockets

Never played as Krieg before. What skill tree should I go for?

Been mixing mine up with Mania and Hellborn. It's rough going at first, and you'll die a lot, but once you get the Flame of the Firehawk shield you can pretty much just run right in the middle of whole groups of enemies and burn them to death in seconds. I've been taking out Badass Psychos without even touching them.

North American player here. I have a few recommendations that I've found made Borderlands 2 work better for me on the Vita.

-Change melee and weapon swap buttons to weapon swap on the back touchpad and melee on circle button use the d pad to switch weapons and forget the touchpad.

-If you're playing alone put the Vita in flight mode it saves battery and possibly improves framerate (it could be placebo).

-Download all the patches there are 3 now.

Redhood

North American player here. I have a few recommendations that I've found made Borderlands 2 work better for me on the Vita.

-Change melee and weapon swap buttons to weapon swap on the back touchpad and melee on circle button use the d pad to switch weapons and forget the touchpad.

-If you're playing alone put the Vita in flight mode it saves battery and possibly improves framerate (it could be placebo).

I have melee on triangle and sprint on circle. I do not use change weapon or crouch so off they go on rear touch pad. Works great.

Elhandro

Bow.gif

You have probably totally saved this game for me. I love borderlands but the Vita version is driving me insane with the POV and back panel bullshit. I am having the hardest times aiming and keeping enemies in my sight. Combined w/ the small text and its making a game I literally love to play a chore. Cant wait to play this tonight.

Thanks

Great to know this stuff is at least being worked on. Having an absolute blast with the game myself - around 30 hours in so far! This game was my introduction to the BL series and I can say I'm officially hooked. I'm pretty excited for the pre sequel but I wish we could get word of something for this gen even if it is just a port of the pre sequel.

Sidebar: What do you guys think the chances of seeing the pre sequel on Vita or current gen consoles is?

Also, good to see you again LoudNinja (dem PSAS days)

culafia

How has the portability been treating you now that we're far away from launch. Does it breathe new life into the game for you or is it just convenient? I'm considering picking this up.

How has the portability been treating you now that we're far away from launch. Does it breathe new life into the game for you or is it just convenient? I'm considering picking this up.

It's both for me. Im still amazed that they got all of borderlands 2 running on the vita, more so that its running on Unreal Engine which I believe has not mixed well with the vita hardware. Also the fact that gyro aiming means getting headshots easier now.

Someone needs to find out if Airplane mode actually helps. Oh and Im guessing Im one of the few who actually stick with default controls. They're not that bad if you're used to games that have back touch implementation.

Someone needs to find out if Airplane mode actually helps. Oh and Im guessing Im one of the few who actually stick with default controls. They're not that bad if you're used to games that have back touch implementation.

The problem is the best way to test would be to have the footage directly captured, but most people don't have a Vita dev unit with which they could do so.

Otherwise, it's going to require a fairly high speed camera and some mounts and then a frame by frame analysis.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I really hope the patches do something. At the moment I feel like I'm playing an early build. I wish I'd not paid for it, to be honest.

So if you guys are putting run on the circle button, does that mean you're playing with the "claw" or just taking your finger of the right stick?

I won't deny that the game has performance issues and I can clearly see why a good portion of players don't like it but personally after muscling through Fallout 3,Fallout: New Vegas,TES:Oblivion and TES:Skyrim on PS3 unless a game is quite literally running at a slideshow pace I don't mind Game Freeze/Lockups,Bugs/Glitches,game assets pop in ,Console/System Crash much anymore so I'm not having such a horrible time with the port.

yeah, years of Bethesda games and overloading create mode in LBP have made me hardly care when i sometimes freeze in BL2 on Vita... i hardly lose anything if i've checkpointed recently, and it's actually pretty rare when solo for me

shit, when i got my new laptop i put a few hundred hours into both Fallout 3 and New Vegas again and most of it was spent crashing and restarting my game after corrupting stuff with too many mods... still had fun, and this isn't even close to that impossible to complete tease i backed myself into

Tigress

yeah, years of Bethesda games and overloading create mode in LBP have made me hardly care when i sometimes freeze in BL2 on Vita... i hardly lose anything if i've checkpointed recently, and it's actually pretty rare when solo for me

shit, when i got my new laptop i put a few hundred hours into both Fallout 3 and New Vegas again and most of it was spent crashing and restarting my game after corrupting stuff with too many mods... still had fun, and this isn't even close to that impossible to complete tease i backed myself into

Heh, maybe that's why I wonder why people keep acting like it runs like crap. It runs great in my opinion. Of course the games i put the most hours in recently are both Fallouts and Skyrim (all on the PS3, the worst platform for it) so maybe my point of reference is just skewed ;).

Then again, I think people are super picky. Was just reading on that tweet some one just linked a guy claiming the framerate was so bad he was getting motion sick... He must not be able to play a lot of games if that makes him motion sick.

EL CUCO

Picked this up today. Anyone wanna play?

Don't have a vita headset at the mo.

Games making me dizzy to be honest.

You dont need a headset. The Vita has an internal mic similar to a cell phone.

Just plug a set of earphones into the jack and enjoy.

So if you guys are putting run on the circle button, does that mean you're playing with the "claw" or just taking your finger of the right stick?

Just taking it off the right stick. It's not too big of an annoyance at all because you only have to tap the button to make your character run. I personally love my set up with sprint on O and melee on Triangle. I've logged about 34 hours in the game and honestly forgot it was supposed to have "bad controls" since I have been using this layout.
Really glad I didn't let reviews lead me astray on this one. Now I'm absolutely stoked for future Borderlands titles.

Desmond

You dont need a headset. The Vita has an internal mic similar to a cell phone.

Just plug a set of earphones into the jack and enjoy.
I'm using iPhone headphones, but when plugged in, my voice can't be heard. They earphones have a mic piece, so it could be interfering.

Having a few problems with sound and stutter in large areas like Sanctuary, but I'm surprised by how good it actually looks. Really impressive experience, that doesn't deserve a 55 by any bizarre stretch of the imagination.

nampad

Arrived at the Sanctuary and so far the game plays well most of the time and I am really impressed by the port. It looks good on the Vita and I don't have any serious problems with the controls, which I tweaked a little bit. The gyro makes the sniper imba :)

Only the first real boss fight against
Captain Flint
had serious performance issues which made it somehow difficult with all the things happening around.

This is my first Bordlerlands experience and I can understand why it got so popular.

Buzza

Is it me or is the sound level in Borderlands 2 very low? I'm using headphones and have the volume level at maximum and it's not loud enough. When I go back to the home screen the volume is very high.

wilflare

Is it me or is the sound level in Borderlands 2 very low? I'm using headphones and have the volume level at maximum and it's not loud enough. When I go back to the home screen the volume is very high.

it's very low for some strange reason :/

dab0ne

I'm def getting a lot of stutter but my audio is good to go. Making triangle run and circle melee is great too. So far I'm digging this version and it'll be great if they can optimize it better in future patches

DrFurbs

Did my part - bought the vita version. I have to say - I haven't actually gamed in about 3 years straight because I was doing my PhD (which is almost over) and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. Especially with BL2 on the PS3.

what a game!

krioto

I have not played any borderlands before getting this on the Vita - I've just started but am very impressed thus far - if the first meeting with Claptrap sets the tone for the game, then I can tell I am going to enjoy this.

It looks really good on the vita OLED as well!

I have not played any borderlands before getting this on the Vita - I've just started but am very impressed thus far - if the first meeting with Claptrap sets the tone for the game, then I can tell I am going to enjoy this.

It looks really good on the vita OLED as well!

Yeah, the humour is consistently like that throughout. It's possibly my favorite 360 game, definitely the game I played most last gen, and I'm loving going through it again on Vita!

Top Bottom