• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Hawkian said:
Aye, Seks is an odd case:

Thought I was the only one who noticed that.

This game is going to kill my feedback on 360, not that I really care. I had to boot like ten people who were like level 20+ and joining my level 3 game. I had to explain to a guy why a guy ten times my level killing everything wasn't appealing.

theBishop

Banned
picked up the PS3 version this afternoon.

Hit me up if you want to play: thebishop. Please put "From GAF" or something in the message so I know you're not a psychopath.

TheSeks said:
:lol Trolling because it's true?

Halo PC port had bugs.

This has bugs out the ass.

Every Gearbox release is loaded with bugs that have to be patch, what else is new?
I havent run into any with Borderlands at least.. (I'm on 360 so that may be me)

I havent run into any on BiA: HH (I never played Multi.. I hear it wasnt good but they outsourced it to RockStar: New England)

Never ran into bugs with BiA: EiB or BiA: Road to Hill 30

I didnt run into bugs with Half Life Opposing Force either...

I agree that Halo PC and Borderlands have.. but not "Every" release has had bugs..

EDIT: Nor did I run into bugs with samba other then innacurate wii controls past medium difficulty.

Micromegas said:
Should change the title to more BUGS than the population of the Netherlands by the state of affairs on the game's official forums.

What happened Gearbox?

Honestly, official forums are the fastest way to hate or dislike a game - especially around release time. People bitch like it's their job...

It has a couple bugs. I'm over it.

UK PS3 Looters, could you please, check if the UK version of the game as multilanguage in it ? My game is shipped but I realized that it might be in english only...

Daheza

Jamesfrom818 said:
Its so satisfying to kill Skagzilla in 1-2 seconds. Thats how long it takes to unload 50 or so bullets from my Anarchy SMG.

No way, My brother and I must have taken 20 minutes to kill that guy. :(

My only complaint is the inability to play with my friends. I opened my ports, disabled my firewall and still nothing. Other then that the game is fun.

charsace

What program do I use to manage my gamespy friends list.

If you have an antivirus program that has a firewall make sure that allows borderlands.

UnluckyKate said:
UK PS3 Looters, could you please, check if the UK version of the game as multilanguage in it ? My game is shipped but I realized that it might be in english only...

Seems to be english only.

Dipper145

shrapnelmagnet said:
Honestly, official forums are the fastest way to hate or dislike a game - especially around release time. People bitch like it's their job...

Yeah this happens a lot with releases. Most people don't register on a forum to post "Hey, just posting to tell you the game is working great!" They post because they are having problems and need some type of fix for it.

Daheza said:
No way, My brother and I must have taken 20 minutes to kill that guy. :(

Well, I'm overleveled now but it didn't take me that long when I first did the mission. Maybe 5 minutes of dodging and spraying with my SMG and machine pistol. I was probably level 23 when I actually did it though. When I got access to my level 25 weapons, it probably took me 5 seconds.

Borderlands PS3 arrived on Monday...and I've played a few hours here and there after work. What a brilliant game! I was worried that the recent Uncharted 2 addiction would raise expectations in regards to production values, but to no avail. Chalk and cheese - and the obviousness is painful.

However yes, really digging it. I loaded up with a shopping list of quests after the first few mandatory missions and wandered around the badlands, exploring and whatnot. Went into Skag Gully and found a nice little cave area, rewarding the effort with a superb combat rifle. I think it'll be with me for a while before a new love affair is started.

Yep, with co-op in mind, it could be a real stayer. Let's hope a lot of DLC becomes available over the next year to really keep us moving in Borderlands.

Big thumbs up to Randy and the team.

FerranMG

You guys are really giving me a hell of a time trying not to buy the damn game!

Hopefulley I can resist until MW2 hits the shelves and get it later or for Christmas (=free :D).
But shit I'd really love to play this game now.

Firestorm

shrapnelmagnet said:

My problem is with their design choices. Aside from the stupid decision to go with GameSpy, I absolutely cannot understand which moron they put in charge of the UI. I could do better. Not to mention we have to go into the config files on our computer to change options that should be under options -_-

Deadly

God's Beard tried inviting me today but I couldn't connect and it timed out. Anything I can do to change this? I want to hit some coop up!

FerranMG said:

Hopefulley I can resist until MW2 hits the shelves and get it later or for Christmas (=free :D).

Go on...consider it a purchase that will, in the end, save you from other purchases. The Christmas = free thing is a nice thought, though. And Christmas is damn-well less than eight weeks away. Either way, you simply must play this!

FerranMG said:

Ah, man if you don't get it now we all won't be playing it around christmas. You should just pick it up now, and do yourself a favor.

Teknoman

Whats better:

fkpkr4.jpg

EDIT: Damn, picture only capped the multiplier. Either way, the fatal is only a little lower base damage wise, but wondering if the extra bonuses on either end make one come out on top.

Also I need more space...keep getting nice guns and not having enough room.

Akim

Banned
Just beat the game on my first play through on 360. Did it co-op all the way.

ending was disappointing, the fuck?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Teknoman said:
Whats better:

EDIT: Damn, picture only capped the multiplier. Either way, the fatal is only a little lower base damage wise, but wondering if the extra bonuses on either end make one come out on top.

I'm a rate of fire whore so I think you should go with the fatal, you'll be shooting almost twice as fast with that shotty.

Teknoman

practice02 said:
whats the pellet count on the lectric one?

Both are base 25 damage with x7 shot.

Snuggler said:
I'm a rate of fire whore so I think you should go with the fatal, you'll be shooting almost twice as fast with that shotty.

High firerate is awesome at times.

Anyone know offhand if Siren's kill-activated skills (Girl Power, Intuition, Phoenix, Enforcer, and Blackout) can be activated by your teammates' kills?

Cant0na

Banned
Teknoman said:
Whats better:

fkpkr4.jpg

since you cant use the left one yet, the right one

It's probably been answered before, but can anyone explain the class mods and how they work?

Do you have to have at least one skill point in the area it adds bonuses to? I can't tell any difference either way in the skill point count.

Shoogoo

I feel bad vibes here since a couple of pages, the fuck guys? Everything was rolling when the game wasn't out and now that we can party and get naked and all you fuck shit up, come on! :D

LocoMrPollock said:
It's probably been answered before, but can anyone explain the class mods and how they work?

Do you have to have at least one skill point in the area it adds bonuses to? I can't tell any difference either way in the skill point count.

You need one 1 point in the skill in order for it to take effect but it won't reflect it in the game. It won't say 8/5 but it is.

Pctx

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Sledge
was so hard for me.. Not sure why.. :(

I mean his shield was easy to break down with my thunder hawk but the space was so confined that I had issues manuevering and dodging him.

Yeah I died I think what twice just trying to memorize the layout in there. Didn't help with all of the midgets running around screaming but... oh well. :lol

What are you playing as Turtle?

Monroeski said:
This sounds like something I will have trouble with if I'm concentrating on sniping and accuracy. Level 10 and I haven't put any points into anything but that far left column on my hunter.

Guess I'll have to make sure I'm playing co-op for that mission?

Yeah that's going to be tough if you don't have decent aux gear than your sniper rifle. I've found that playing through as Morti--- it's 2/3's sniping and 1/3 close up combat. The bloodwing though (on the Rogue talent tree) is a godsend for health regeneration on his attacks. That way you don't have to have health packs while your far away from the vend-o-matics. :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shoogoo said:
I feel bad vibes here since a couple of pages, the fuck guys? Everything was rolling when the game wasn't out and now that we can party and get naked and all you fuck shit up, come on! :D

For real this. It's a PC launch, come the fuck on, none of this is unheard of and plenty of it has been worse the day of other games. I had Bioshock turn half of my monitor into a blue rectangle for a day when it first came out. PC gaming is not an exact science because it has to attempt to work with thousands of different configurations and often multiple generations of machines. With that in mind the overall performance of the game on my machine out of the box has been amazing, one of the best-running games I own. Gamespy sucks but is working their shit out too.

Relax, and try to enjoy an awesome game, all in all the community has already been very helpful with fixes and tweaks!

Mrbob

I hope Gearbox does patch in full steamworks support someday.

Steam is so convenient, and using gamespy is so damn archaic. If it isn't steamworks support, your multiplayer setup is a bit fail. Heck I would have taken GFWL over gamespy. Port forwarding, disabling firewalls? I feel like I'm back in 1999. Actually, it is worse. You can't even filter online games by ping as IT ISN'T LISTED.

I'm really enjoying the single player aspect to the game so this is saving it at the moment. Plus it was only 33 bucks. If I paid 50 or 60 for this game I would have been angry.

Teknoman

Mrbob said:
I hope Gearbox does patch in full steamworks support someday.

Steam is so convenient, and using gamespy is so damn archaic. If it isn't steamworks support, your multiplayer setup is a bit fail. Heck I would have taken GFWL over gamespy. Port forwarding, disabling firewalls? I feel like I'm back in 1999. Actually, it is worse. You can't even filter online games by ping as IT ISN'T LISTED.

I'm really enjoying the single player aspect to the game so this is saving it at the moment. Plus it was only 33 bucks. If I paid 50 or 60 for this game I would have been angry.

Add a few more GAF members from the steam group to your...gamespy friend list. That should help for the time being, since some of us can host/join. Doesnt always work, but when it does, its great.

Swag

Has anyone had any problems using this with Windows 7? About to install it but don't want to if it's going to give me problems with Borderlands

dorkimoe

does anyone remember where that cave is with the
elemental dudes? I know it was a mission, you take the mine shaft elevator down and then there it is.
i dont remember which area of the game it was in

anyone?

Teknoman said:
Cant really say i've experienced that yet, but I didnt get anything good from that big skag Skar(Scar?). Was that a boss or just a rare spawn?

Good weapons really only come from those red boxes. If you know where some are, you can just get loot from those boxes, exit, reload and repeat. Bosses just drop slightly different variations of the same thing so its not really worth going through a map to fight boss because he/it will likely drop the same thing every time.

dorkimoe said:
does anyone remember where that cave is with the
elemental dudes? I know it was a mission, you take the mine shaft elevator down and then there it is.
i dont remember which area of the game it was in

anyone?
North part of Dahl I believe..

Helmholtz

Sebulon3k said:
Has anyone had any problems using this with Windows 7? About to install it but don't want to if it's going to give me problems with Borderlands
Game runs great on my windows 7 64 bit PC. A few problems hosting multiplayer games and such, but I doubt that has anything to do with the OS. I say go for it :)

Top Bottom