• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Shoogoo

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Don't jump into games where people are way ahead of you. Easiest way to avoid getting quests early is to always host.

Funny story. On my Soldier, I joined some level 35 guy's game and unlocked "Is TK OK?" too early.
Now when I go to TK's house he's sitting out front like normal, but there is also his dead clone hanging from the ceiling fan inside his house.
:lol

You're not the first one telling this here and it still entertains me :lol :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Same with me about that TK quest, it's unlocked and I have a good feeling what i'll see if I go there :'(

But there really wasn't a way to avoid this- basically you run the risk by joining a high leveled person's instance.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Is the elemental tree for Lilith really that bad? I keep hearing from other guys that most of those skills are overrated.

Firestorm

DY_nasty said:
Is the elemental tree for Lilith really that bad? I keep hearing from other guys that most of those skills are overrated.
Wha? It's probably the best one. I'm going Assassin but I think most people go with Phoenix + Mind Games.

edgefusion

DY_nasty said:

I don't know if it's really bad or that the other two are more useful. Mind Games is a great ability to have which means you need significant points in the Controller tree and I hear High Velocity is also a great one, which means a bunch of points to Assassin....none left for Elemental. However Quicksilver and Radiance are good ones to go for.

DY_nasty

I've just started out (lvl 20 siren, mainly elemental) but as of right now, some of the skills in in that tree don't seem that useful at this point. Resilience for example. Is elemental resistance really that important?

Masaki_

Yeah, I can also confirm that the element tree is awesome. With maxed Spark, elemental effects just don't wear off: most enemies stayed on fire or were electrocuted till they eventually died a horrific death.

DY_nasty

Is Phase Strike worth banking on for boss killing? I'm going through this on co-op with a friend, but he sucks and is worthless when it comes to killing anything other than Rakk.

(Whats the point of picking a soldier if you're not going to heal people or use the damned turret!?)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
DY_nasty said:
Is Phase Strike worth banking on for boss killing? I'm going through this on co-op with a friend, but he sucks and is worthless when it comes to killing anything other than Rakk.

(Whats the point of picking a soldier if you're not going to heal people or use the damned turret!?)
Metal Storm :lol

Just got this gun on the 360, and have no use for it. Anyone want? It doesn't sell for that much either :(

TMP88.3 Blast Thanatos (Pearl) - S&S - Lev 40
DMG: 82
ACC: 92.8
FR: 8.3
CLIP: 64
Big Tony says "Hi", +48 Mag, Chance to cause explosions

Firestorm

I'm not on it yet, but on the second playthrough, do you have to finish it to make all the monsters LV50 or do they do that after YOU hit LV50 even if you haven't finished the second playthrough yet?

Deadly

DY_nasty said:

We must have the same friend. :lol

DY_nasty

goddam

i swear, two levels is all the difference between a walk in the park and an apocalyptic spanking.

What are the advantages of shock weapons again? They're starting to seem more and more useless when compared to corrosive and incendiary weapons.

Firestorm said:
I'm not on it yet, but on the second playthrough, do you have to finish it to make all the monsters LV50 or do they do that after YOU hit LV50 even if you haven't finished the second playthrough yet?
Finish it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
DY_nasty said:
What are the advantages of shock weapons again? They're starting to seem more and more useless when compared to corrosive and incendiary weapons.
Corrosive takes out/goes through physical shields (like, from creatures).
Shock weapons take out actual shields (from human enemies).

Yeah, the only real advantage of shock weapons is the damn explosions.. i love them. :D

DY_nasty said:

I actually just stopped healing people in this game. Half the people I played with didn't have any idea what I was doing and would either immediately challenge me to a duel, or kick me from the game.

What do you think is better?

Im a lvl 21 Hunter.

Lvl 19
GGNS Rolling Survok
Damage 205
Acc 94.9
Fire Rate 1.5
+58% Fire Rate
+150% Critical
1x Zoom
6 Bulltet clip

vs my already equipped

LB2& Blast Wrath
Damage 118
Accuracy 93.6
Fire Rate 1.4
Chance to cause explosions x3
+4% Mag size
+8% Damage
+150 Critical Hit Damage
9 Bullet Clip

kylej

Banned
my SMG does 348 damage per bullet with an 82 round magazine size, which I have stacked with a +52% damage class mod combined with +24% damage, +54% reload speed, +81% accuracy SMG proficiency. I truly am become death.

Blizzard

Banned
I just wanted to tell everyone that I just tried totally uninstalling Avast from Windows 7 64-bit. Rebooted, started Borderlands, adding friends button STILL activates when I hover over it, and STILL instantly kicks me off of Gamespy.

What the franoodle.

Daigoro

fallengorn said:
Thanks! I like the game and everything, but making those cutscenes mandatory is fucking retarded.

I'm going to be at the UCB theatre for most of night so... rain check!

holy shit, youre a UCB fan and youre going to the theater? (ive never been) you are awesome. have fun.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So I rented this game earlier tonight and it's kicking me in the balls. I'm a lvl 7 Tank and I can't kill Bonehead. All his dudes fire at once and tear me to pieces.

Please don't tell me I have to grind for a few hours by killing skags or some shit.

Danthrax said:
So I rented this game earlier tonight and it's kicking me in the balls. I'm a lvl 7 Tank and I can't kill Bonehead. All his dudes fire at once and tear me to pieces.

Please don't tell me I have to grind for a few hours by killing skags or some shit.
There should be other missions you can do in skag valley that will get you up to lvl 10-11.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hellsing321 said:
There should be other missions you can do in skag valley that will get you up to lvl 10-11.

There were only two selectable missions. This one was labeled "Tough" while the other one was labeled "Hard" so I chose the easier of the two.

I can't tell you how many times I've respawned at this point. It's so aggravating.

Danthrax said:
There were only two selectable missions. This one was labeled "Tough" while the other one was labeled "Hard" so I chose the easier of the two.

I can't tell you how many times I've respawned at this point. It's so aggravating.

You should have one that sends you to another guy, its lvl10, but the quests he gives you will be at your level.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quests, quests! Also, better grenades and weapons.

:p

So by the way this: http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=83705

Worked:
2q9me0o.png

15gtshj.png

Couple things I wanted to hold onto for cool factor but didn't want taking up valuable space. Easy muling! Can't believe my computer can run two copies of it at 480p next to each other :p

Danthrax said:

Have you checked both T.K and the Bulletin Board for missions?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hellsing321 said:
Have you checked both T.K and the Bulletin Board for missions?

I opened up the bulletin board for the first time, that's how I got this mission. The BB had two missions — one was "Talk to T.K., he'll have shit for you to do - HARD" and the other was "Kill Bonehead - TOUGH" so I went with the not-as-hard one, Kill Bonehead. Except he's fucking impossible. And when I go back to the BB, it doesn't let me choose a different mission.

Hawkian said:
Quests, quests! Also, better grenades and weapons.

:p

Yeah, I went through my inventory and found I had a pistol and a submachine gun that did more damage than my equipped pistol and shotgun, so I switched to them. But they still don't do enough and now I'm out of ammo for both.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hawkian said:
That's a much harder mission. :p

Well "Tough" was labeled yellow while "Hard" was labeled red, so I though Tough would be better than Hard.

Am I fucked? Should I just roll a new character or what?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
oh NOW I look in the mission log and it says this mission is Hard. I'm pretty sure it was Tough when I accepted it.

i dont fucking know, this game is stupid

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
okay so by my calculations, i only have to kill 2,823 skags to level up to lvl 8, and then i might have a slightly better chance.

i've beaten final fantasy games. i can do this.

Danthrax said:
okay so by my calculations, i only have to kill 2,823 skags to level up to lvl 8, and then i might have a slightly better chance.

If you're on a Xbox I can come help you

Danthrax said:

Open your mission log, select other mission, do mission.

If you clicked on both missions in the BB then you have them both and can select whichever one you want to do in your mission log. Your currently selected mission will have a check mark by it, simply click the other one.

Danthrax said:
I opened up the bulletin board for the first time, that's how I got this mission. The BB had two missions — one was "Talk to T.K., he'll have shit for you to do - HARD" and the other was "Kill Bonehead - TOUGH" so I went with the not-as-hard one, Kill Bonehead. Except he's fucking impossible. And when I go back to the BB, it doesn't let me choose a different mission.

Yeah, I went through my inventory and found I had a pistol and a submachine gun that did more damage than my equipped pistol and shotgun, so I switched to them. But they still don't do enough and now I'm out of ammo for both.
Dude talk to T.K. :lol He'll give you missions that are at your level.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hawkian said:
Dude you can... have as many missions going as you want. Are you ok?

but I don't have any other missions, only this one.

so I found that if I kill the three dudes on the path to Bonehead, then run back to the town and look at the BB or a vending machine, then run back to the path, the three dudes respawn. so that'll speed up my grinding immensely since those guys give me like 18 XP ea— wait, what?
Hellsing321 said:
Dude talk to T.K. :lol He'll give you missions that are at your level.

I can just talk to him anyway and get more missions? I thought I was fucked because I didn't select him on the BB. I guess I'll go try that.

bloodforge said:
Open your mission log, select other mission, do mission.

I've opened it. There are no other missions; the Bonehead one is the only one.

funkmastergeneral said:
If you're on a Xbox I can come help you

Lemme try this "talking to T.K." thing. If it doesn't work out, I may take you up on your offer. (Yes, I'm on Xbox.)

Danthrax said:
I can just talk to him anyway and get more missions? I thought I was fucked because I didn't select him on the BB. I guess I'll go try that.
If you haven't accepted the mission on the BB then do that first. You can have as many quests running as you want so it's a good idea to just accept every quest available on the BB.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
i just talked to t.k. no window pops up. he just thanks me and says there are some things that are too hard to do by yourself.

no shit.

funkmaster, my gamertag is Danthrax4.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have like 18 quests open. You can't "delete" a quest. Just check out the board, then talk to T.K. after you get the new quest and laugh at how ridiculously easy a boss bone head is in about a half hour.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
bloodforge said:
If you don't have the "Talk to TK" mission then go back to the BB and get it.

I tried going back to the BB but it won't let me select more missions. it just tells me about the one I'm on. =(

Top Bottom