• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Shoogoo

LocoMrPollock said:
I think the color coding is fucked sometimes. A couple of the best guns I have ever found are white.

If they're on top of your list they might be pearlescent. Which is the highest quality color.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How many legendaries have you seen Phol? I have seen two total so far, one Light Orange and one Orange. Both are quite good for very different reasons, and I jumped fairly high out of excitement when I found them.

Dave: guns are organized by rarity in your backpack.

White < Green < Blue < Purple < Legendaries= Light Orange < Orange < Dark Orange < White again (Pearl or pearlescent, I've never seen these )

RubxQub said:
I completely underestimated the Brick's blaster tree...like fuck!

You get master blaster = 60% fire rate increase when you kill a dude.
You get the +50% damage upon a kill.
You get the +15% bonus to explosive damage.
You get an explosive elemental SMG.
You ruin the entire galaxy in mere seconds and drain clips even faster.

HOLY FUCK :lol
Don't forget:

wrhq2s.png

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I found a mod yesterday that had "Team accuracy +x%" and "team accuracy recharge +y%"

What is team accuracy recharge? Is that how quick your accuracy goes back to normal after running or something like that?

Victrix

*beard*
Monroeski said:
I found a mod yesterday that had "Team accuracy +x%" and "team accuracy recharge +y%"

What is team accuracy recharge? Is that how quick your accuracy goes back to normal after running or something like that?

Or recoil, yeah. So everyone is more accurate to begin with, and more accurate while firing weapons with recoil in bursts.

Lord Phol

Hawkian said:
How many legendaries have you seen Phol? I have seen two total so far, one Orange and one Dark Orange. Both are quite good for very different reasons, and I jumped fairly high out of excitement when I found them.

Well on my own, none so far :(. Had to restart a couple of times :x.
Guess the Oranges are at least doing their share of the excitement. But what I meant was that Diablo is using the full range of it's color code-system in a meaningfull way(it is still among the best and defnite loot games for a reason), while in borderlands, you could just as well have had only white, blue and orange :p. It's no biggie, but definetly something I hope they work on for the sequel.

Shoogoo

SmokyDave said:
I thought Orange was the top colour?

Nope. There is another kind of white weapons. I had to play with my tv settings to see a clear difference. They're on the top of your backpack and it's difficult to see wether it's a white or not.

The first one I found was a repeater with something like 93 bullets in the clip :lol

Hawkian said:
How many legendaries have you seen Phol? I have seen two total so far, one Light Orange and one Orange. Both are quite good for very different reasons, and I jumped fairly high out of excitement when I found them.

White < Green < Blue < Purple < Legendaries= Light Orange < Orange < Dark Orange < White again (Pearl or pearlescent, I've never seen these )

Supposedly the Pearl color is a bug in the game and was not intended by the Devs. I wish I could find a link but at the official forums a dev said the rarest items should be dark orange.

SmokyDave

Shoogoo said:
Nope. There is another kind of white weapons. I had to play with my tv settings to see a clear difference. They're on the top of your backpack and it's difficult to see wether it's a white or not.

The first one I found was a repeater with something like 93 bullets in the clip :lol

Oh, cool I haven't come across any of those. I was basing my assumption off the 360 load screens which list Orange as the rarest.

funkmastergeneral said:
Supposedly the Pearl color is a bug in the game and was not intended by the Devs. I wish I could find a link but at the official forums a dev said the rarest items should be dark orange.

That'd explain it although the load screen doesn't differentiate between Orange & Dark Orange.

I get giddy at Blue loot, If I saw Pearl I think I'd faint.

Edit:
Hawkian said:

Cheers :D

LocoMrPollock said:
I think the color coding is fucked sometimes. A couple of the best guns I have ever found are white.

It depends of the level.

It seems that the color code is basically the amount of "extra features" of the weapon. But, of course, a white weapon of level 15 may be better than a blue one of level 12. Also, the randomness of the features makes that some of those features are not very useful for the kind of weapon.

suikodan

I'm currently playing split-screen with a friend on PS3 and having a blast. However, I have some questions.

1- Can we change the display so that it shows the name of each characters instead of the PSN name? The updates are show with the same name so it's hard to determine which message concerns which character.

2- Since each characters are saved individually (good thing), could I take my character from my friend's PS3 and play it on mine using "my" name?

VaLiancY

I'm not feeling Lilith's Elemental tree til I get some weapons with some good elemental status so I'm going to rock out with Assassin til I cross the bridge.

JudgeN

Has anyone found a good corrosive x4 SMG? Or Should I just keep spamming the chest in New Haven till I find something?

I have a x4 corrosive rocket launcher that I use to rape Old Haven but I really like to have an SMG version :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
VaLiancY said:
I'm not feeling Lilith's Elemental tree til I get some weapons with some good elemental status so I'm going to rock out with Assassin til I cross the bridge.

What level are you?

You'll be drowning in elemental weapons by the time you hit 30 :)

Shoogoo said:
If they're on top of your list they might be pearlescent. Which is the highest quality color.

Oh, maybe that's it then, because I was wondering why it was the top of my list.

Really awesome gun. It's a repeater that shoots 2 projectiles (156 damage each) at a time with an increased fire rating up to 12 and extended clip that holds 92 shells.

Add to that my proficiency rating, Brick's increased fire rate and damage bonuses and it is just scary.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, from what I've seen, even though people are claiming that those guns are just bugged whites/oranges and shouldn't really be on top, all the pearlescents I've seen described sound really awesome or at least unique. 90+ clip repeaters?? :lol

EDIT: So PC splitscreen was an evil, evil lie meant to make me sad and wistful.

But! I found this:
http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=83705

:eek:

Can't wait to see if this works. Then I can figure out the best way to do a "claptrap rush" with my mules and have MASSIVE STORAGE. :lol

Item storage is the only thing that bothers me in this game, if you sold stuff and could buy it back at any time that would be fine, even then theres problems with the buyback list getting way too long.

LocoMrPollock said:
Oh, maybe that's it then, because I was wondering why it was the top of my list.

Really awesome gun. It's a repeater that shoots 2 projectiles (156 damage each) at a time with an increased fire rating up to 12 and extended clip that holds 92 shells.

Add to that my proficiency rating, Brick's increased fire rate and damage bonuses and it is just scary.

The idea of Brick holding a piddly little repeater is kinda funny. Like in MIB when Will Smith was given The Cricket.

Firestorm

Hit LV31 last night. I thought doing every quest was supposed to make the game too easy... we got our asses kicked in the arena of what was disguised as a lv28 quest! Finally beat it after some failed attempts and one successful one where it glitched and wouldn't let us finish...

Cahill

Banned
JudgeN said:
Has anyone found a good corrosive x4 SMG? Or Should I just keep spamming the chest in New Haven till I find something?

I have a x4 corrosive rocket launcher that I use to rape Old Haven but I really like to have an SMG version :lol

I have X4 Corrosive and X4 Shock SMGs for my Siren. Had to finally stop using them last night cause I'm getting much better non-elemental weapons now (second playthrough ~LV 44 now). Hopefully later I can replace them with end game guns.

Firestorm said:
Hit LV31 last night. I thought doing every quest was supposed to make the game too easy... we got our asses kicked in the arena of what was disguised as a lv28 quest! Finally beat it after some failed attempts and one successful one where it glitched and wouldn't let us finish...

I did that at 32 and found it one of the harder quests in the game. I also had it glitch out once too.

Dreavus

Firestorm said:

Yeah... that last, glitched attempt was especially painful because we were doing extremely well and had a semblance of a strategy - and then the guys stop spawning. All I can say is that it was good that someone had a rocket launcher to kill themselves with. :lol

Really got into this game again last night. And wow is
Old Haven
a looters wet dream. About 99% of them have drops and not just one either. So much stuff to sell in here that give you a good 3k-10k price. I made 400,000+ alone and got my $1m trophy as a result. I have a nice shock retreaver weapon and they fell like flies. Also leveled up about 2 and half lvls. So much fun.

I just noticed that the cardboard slipcase for the PC version has the same description on the back as the console versions. That means it says there is split-screen :lol I'd be pissed if I got it based on wrong information like that. The actual back of the box is factually correct though.

Won

Davidion said:
Got the vehicles finally. Holy crap at shitty steering mechanism, console warthog nonsense for the lose.

Takes a few seconds to adjust, but it is not that bad.

Got my Siren to level 13. Not sure if I should stick with here yet. Skill trees in a shooter confuse me a bit. :lol

Jamesfrom818 said:
The idea of Brick holding a piddly little repeater is kinda funny. Like in MIB when Will Smith was given The Cricket.

Yeah, I know, I was all shotguns and rocket launchers til I happened across it and it was just too good not to use.

Hawkian said:
Yeah, from what I've seen, even though people are claiming that those guns are just bugged whites/oranges and shouldn't really be on top, all the pearlescents I've seen described sound really awesome or at least unique. 90+ clip repeaters?? :lol

My bad. It's 64. Still awesome.

Shoogoo said:

TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS THAT PEARLESCENTS ARE THE BEST AND THE COLOR SYSTEM SUCKS:

Pearlescent weapons are NOT the best. They MAY be, but a gearbox dev has stated their generation by Gearbot is more of an aberration than anything else, and they may as well have been placed at the bottom of your backpack--there is nothing inherently better about them by game design.

As far as the color coding system, it has been confirmed that not all gun perks show in the gun description. The description can show four max, but someone edited the .ini file to show a different (smaller) font and another, fifth perk showed. So now you know why they "shitty" gun cost more than your "better" gun.

Just got to level 48 last night, my buddy, who is like a jesus in this game, copied all his best loot for me, so i now have whole bunch of good shit...

If you guys are playing co-op, I hope you guys know this glitch! If you drop something on the ground and as long as you are not the host, you leave to the dashboard and get back in the game, the loot will be back in your backpack, plus the ones you left on the ground. It is quite useful if you want to pass your stuff around.

Davidion

Won said:
Takes a few seconds to adjust, but it is not that bad.

Got my Siren to level 13. Not sure if I should stick with here yet. Skill trees in a shooter confuse me a bit. :lol

I've driven all around and I still hate it. But well.

I have the siren too and I've been sinking everything into her phasewalk/regen, which I'm assuming is not how most people play her. I'm at 18/19 right about now and am able to heal/damage with phasewalk pretty quickly with 10 secs. off cooldown and regening 7% of my health for every second in phasewalk.

Haven't found too many notable weapons that are worth keeping in the long run though, as opposed to the rest of the convos in this thread. Found a bloody justice revolver which has saved my ass a few times but that's getting phased out too.

edgefusion

Davidion said:
I've driven all around and I still hate it. But well.

I have the siren too and I've been sinking everything into her phasewalk/regen, which I'm assuming is not how most people play her. I'm at 18/19 right about now and am able to heal/damage with phasewalk pretty quickly with 10 secs. off cooldown and regening 7% of my health for every second in phasewalk.

Haven't found too many notable weapons that are worth keeping in the long run though, as opposed to the rest of the convos in this thread. Found a bloody justice revolver which has saved my ass a few times but that's getting phased out too.

I have a level 33 Lillith with a lot of points in Phasewalk (except for healing) and she's becoming quite the badass. Level 3 acid explosion on entering/exit phasewalk owns.

All I need right now is the achievement for level 50 and I will have a sweet 1000G on this one :D

Also, my level 5 achievement glitched on my soldier character, I got the 10, 20, 30, 40 ones but never got my 5. So I made a hunter class and ran through the game for a bit and I got it after I was level 5.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Mr. Snrub said:
TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS THAT PEARLESCENTS ARE THE BEST AND THE COLOR SYSTEM SUCKS:

Pearlescent weapons are NOT the best. They MAY be, but a gearbox dev has stated their generation by Gearbot is more of an aberration than anything else, and they may as well have been placed at the bottom of your backpack--there is nothing inherently better about them by game design.

As far as the color coding system, it has been confirmed that not all gun perks show in the gun description. The description can show four max, but someone edited the .ini file to show a different (smaller) font and another, fifth perk showed. So now you know why they "shitty" gun cost more than your "better" gun.

There is no such thing as "Pearlescent". It's just silly people trying to convince themselves that the white weapon with a red effect is somehow a different shade of white. :lol

Davidion

edgefusion said:
I have a level 33 Lillith with a lot of points in Phasewalk (except for healing) and she's becoming quite the badass. Level 3 acid explosion on entering/exit phasewalk owns.

No heal? Really? I've found it a lifesaver on several occasions but I guess it's just me. What do you rely on, shield gen and potions?

Sinatar said:
There is no such thing as "Pearlescent". It's just silly people trying to convince themselves that the white weapon with a red effect is somehow a different shade of white. :lol

I was about to say, shit's getting too complicated. :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mr. Snrub said:

Couple things I don't really follow here...

First of all, no color means a gun is inherently better than any other gun. I have seen greens that totally blow blues out of the water- Level of the gun is way more important for quality and value. A level 30 white will sell for more than a level 20 purple. The rankings and the way the guns appear in your inventory are indicative of rarity, and in this vein I think they are accurate. I have seen a light orange and a regular orange so far, but no dark oranges or pearlescents.

Also, a higher leveled gun that has shittier stats will still sell for more than a lower leveled with stats that outclass it.

sweetvar26 said:
Just got to level 48 last night, my buddy, who is like a jesus in this game, copied all his best loot for me, so i now have whole bunch of good shit...

If you guys are playing co-op, I hope you guys know this glitch! If you drop something on the ground and as long as you are not the host, you leave to the dashboard and get back in the game, the loot will be back in your backpack, plus the ones you left on the ground. It is quite useful if you want to pass your stuff around.

Is being really dumb bannable? :p

MMaRsu

Sinatar said:

So dark orange is the best?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sinatar said:

Okay. You agree that the guns in your backpack are arranged by color/rarity right?

Top Bottom