• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah yeah, soldiers are the best. Give it a rest man!

I can probably get a class mod that makes my bloodwing steal ammo from my enemies!

Also, I watched the second half of the video again. Missed "Sometimes, I forget to reload." OMG, amazing. :D

EDIT: Holy crap, Zombie DLC? I'll take it.

poweld

Hawkian said:
-I did not realize there was use-based weapon class proficiency. This pleases the Hawk greatly.
Yeah, this especially makes me very happy. Very Crackdown-like (or Oblivion-like minus the sucking)

edit: wait, what's this about zombies?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
1zbwklw.jpg

Has my purchase of L4D2 become redundant?

Red

Mrbob said:
10 bucks on all platforms? Meh.
If there's enough content, I'll bite. Really like the look of that screen above.

Hopefully the zombies behave differently than the enemies that are currently in game, that would really extend the life of Borderlands for me. I see one in that pic throwing a barrel, fingers crossed they have unique AI routines and pull more tricks like that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Mrbob said:
10 bucks on all platforms? Meh.
Funny. We all who bought the 4 pack on steam can buy it and it STILL will be cheaper than buying the game on any plataform. 43 (4pack + dlc) vs 45 (steam preorder bonus) or 59 (consoles)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wizman23 said:
How do the class mods actually work? I assume these are different from your skill points. Are they items you find and have to place somewhere? For Too Human players I wonder if these are similar to runes and charms.
Class mods add points to your skill tree and can add special abilities like regeneration of ammo, a team EXP bonus, damage, shotgun bullets fired per shot (e.g. 9 instead of 8).

Not mentioned yet were avatars which modify your primary ability.

YagizY

drizzle said:
Funny. We all who bought the 4 pack on steam can buy it and it STILL will be cheaper than buying the game on any plataform. 43 (4pack + dlc) vs 45 (steam preorder bonus) or 59 (consoles)

Cool story, bro!

"PC GAEMZ ARE CHEAPER THAN CONSOLE GAEMZ, derp derp."

Seriously this isn't anything new, games are cheaper on PC, everyone knows this and people are not surprised.

P.S. - DLC has more new loot, that is so hot.

Ugh god dammit I hate supporting DLC like this. Just announce it later on and I'll feel better. The game isn't out yet for fuck's sake.

Whatever, I'm getting the game for like $35 on 360 so I'll bite.

Prezhulio

YagizY said:

if this is true (in the article it only says "rare loops drops") i wonder how they'll handle non-dlc purchasers playing with dlc-purchasers (since they'll have "new" weapons the non-dlc people won't).

Prezhulio said:
if this is true (in the article it only says "rare loops drops") i wonder how they'll handle non-dlc purchasers playing with dlc-purchasers (since they'll have "new" weapons the non-dlc people won't).

Either the new loot is already on the disc and is unlocked or they'll release a patch that adds it for everyone else. (so everyone else can see said loot and play with DLC owners, not so they can use loot themselves).

Its the same way Fable II does it.

Did anybody notice that Borderlands doesn't use GFWL? Thanks the lord, thank the lord!

...but it does use SecuROM. Don't know if that would apply to Steam version. In some games on Steam, the B&M retail DRM is still in place with Steam's DRM.

edit: seems like every time SecuROM was found in a game that bought on Steam, people got angry. Examples: 2k Bioshock, EA Crysis, EA C&C RA3 all had to back-petal on the SecuROM for Steam customers.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
YagizY said:
Cool story, bro!

"PC GAEMZ ARE CHEAPER THAN CONSOLE GAEMZ, derp derp."

Seriously this isn't anything new, games are cheaper on PC, everyone knows this and people are not surprised.

Wat? I'm not saying it's better on the PC or whatever (that is true, but i'm not implying that). I'm just saying the 4pack deal on Steam is AWESOME for the value - i'm not implying it's better than anything else - just that it's awesome.

eznark

Banned
I kind of like GFWL and I like knowing content is available when I want it. I don't care when they announce it. This and Dragon Age have day one dlc, I'm glad of it.

DLC looks great but am I the only one a little irked with them announcing paid dlc before the game even launches? Why isn't it on the disc is all I'm wondering. Didn't the game just go gold 5 days ago?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
criesofthepast said:
DLC looks great but am I the only one a little irked with them announcing paid dlc before the game even launches? Why isn't it on the disc is all I'm wondering. Didn't the game just go gold 5 days ago?

There's multiple reasons for that.

A) The engineering/weapon creation/level creation/modeling team have been sitting on their asses the past year, because the game was going through a engine/art style transition. They probably cooked this one up in that downtime.

B) Just because a game went gold 5 days ago, doesn't mean they could've crammed whatever they wanted in the disk. New content would have to go through certification proccess once again, and that would delay everything

C) Dudes want some money.

I'm pretty sure all of these scenarios came up and that's why there's already a DLC up.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
criesofthepast said:
Blame consoles?

I don't think it's done yet is it?
They've been working on it for some time now since the level design people have had nearly nothing to do since the art change.

I think I'll wait a week or two before picking this up. Looks very promising... but something in the videos looks kind of off. Feel like this might be another case of hype > reality, but I sure hope not.

Xevren

Artadius said:
Just found out my Gamestop that I have the 360 version preordered at is doing a midnight release. Oh glorious news!

Oh man, I really hope mine will. I doubt it but it's nice to dream. I have a couple extra days off next week so I can enjoy this :D

BuddhaRockstar said:
I think I'll wait a week or two before picking this up. Looks very promising... but something in the videos looks kind of off. Feel like this might be another case of hype > reality, but I sure hope not.
You are very correct, sir. Sadly(?), I already took a dive with the Steam four-pack.

Rebel FM guys don't sound too high on it.

Arthur says intro drags way too long, opening grind sucks. PC feels like console game. "There is fun to be had in Borderlands"
Anthony says quests themselves drag way too long "game to play with others not yourself"; Tyler says playing singleplayer, not worthwhile - coop is way to play.

TheFallen

criesofthepast said:
"Coming later this year" didn't clue you in? This isn't like Dragon Age Origins having DLC the first day (which I'm not going to complain about either, because it's free if you purchase it).

Just saw the new commercial for it while watching Sunny in Philly. Sold.

I'm just wondering which version to get-PS3 or 360? I assume majoring of everyone will get it on the 360..

Beaulieu

Hawkian rides the dick of this game like crazy !

Anyways, after watching the quick look, I have to say that I wont spend the 40$ on this...
It just doesnt seems fun at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
drizzle said:

Ogod... such a good point. I feel almost obligated to buy it to support the original price :-x

grumble

I think it looks fun, though it's no Diablo 2. Skills aren't interesting enough, and the loot whore aspect needs more than just guns. It needs armor, and hats, and gun modifications, and other wild shit like that, and guns that have very strong + - aspects, like a gun that slows you down when carrying it, or a gun that hurts you a little bit when you shoot it, or a gun that adds to a skill but takes away from another skill, etc etc....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, it's not made by Blizzard. :p And speaking of Blizzard, since he's not on the hype train for this one and can't say this for me (and someone in the thread should): there is no point in having astronomical expectations about any game you're excited about. If you haven't liked the videos and stats you've seen so far for the game, you probably won't like it. If you have, you probably will. I don't think it's going to be the best game ever. The only expectation I have is for the game to deliver on its promise, and said promise is one that appeals to me- thus I expect to enjoy it as well. Your mileage, as they say, may vary.

grumble

Hawkian said:
Well, it's not made by Blizzard. :p And speaking of Blizzard, since he's not on the hype train for this one and can't say this for me (and someone in the thread should): there is no point in having astronomical expectations about any game you're excited about. If you haven't liked the videos and stats you've seen so far for the game, you probably won't like it. If you have, you probably will. I don't think it's going to be the best game ever. The only expectation I have is for the game to deliver on its promise, and said promise is one that appeals to me- thus I expect to enjoy it as well. Your mileage, as they say, may vary.

I think it'll be a fun game, and it does appeal to me. I am more excited about the sequel to this game, which I think will be phenomenal based off of the platform this game creates.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
grumble said:
I think it'll be a fun game, and it does appeal to me. I am more excited about the sequel to this game, which I think will be phenomenal based off of the platform this game creates.

Don't tell Beaulieu, but I feel basically the same way. I have been essentially waiting for this game since I first played Diablo, but no so much as the ultimate experience as the first entry in a new subgenre which, if successful, will spawn sequels and copycats which are more refined and so on.

Anyone playing with me will have to deal with the sounds of me barfing on my keyboard. It won't affect the gameplay, though, since I'll be using a 360 controller :D

TheFallen

Honestly, Zombies and Borderlands are like a perfect fit. :D

Will be updating the OP with wallpapers, DLC info, and some other stuff this weekend.

Top Bottom