• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Wag

Hawkian said:
1zbwklw.jpg

Has my purchase of L4D2 become redundant?
You make a wallpaper of that?:p

So I'm noticing in this guys stream that with headshots on those maniac guys.. they actaully reeled back.. turned their heads and then began charging at him again. Appears to be some knockback/reel back with crit hits .

FinKL

TurtleSnatcher said:
So I'm noticing in this guys stream that with headshots on those maniac guys.. they actaully reeled back.. turned their heads and then began charging at him again. Appears to be some knockback/reel back with crit hits .
I cant find streams on justin.tv or ustream?

FinKL

TurtleSnatcher said:
Justin.tv

Like 8 devs are in there taking questions too which is nice..
So awesome that they are reading the comments "WHY DO YOU GUYS HATE VALVE!??!?!"

zaford20: We all respect Valve
mikeyneumann: We love Valve and would love to work with them again in the future

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys!

I was also in the other thread, but if someone is going to organize another 4 pack, I'd love to be in on one!

Just pm me and I'll let whomever know. Argh...should've done this sooner, but was playing Uncharted 2/Risen/Demon's Souls :(

jabipun

Hey, can anyone show me some screens that had the original graphic design? Just curious - never had the game on my radar before they made the switch.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
jabipun said:
Hey, can anyone show me some screens that had the original graphic design? Just curious - never had the game on my radar before they made the switch.
Imagine any Unreal Engine 3 game.

2pzl4w0.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, Mord looks like he was trying a bit too hard. His character design really begs for the new style :D

I want just one cel shaded (I don't care if this isn't "technically" cel-shaded, you know what I mean) game without deformed character models.

It would be so awesome. Borderlands has a neat art style, I'd like to see it on more colorful environments.

Rahk

Vercingetorix said:
I want just one cel shaded (I don't care if this isn't "technically" cel-shaded, you know what I mean) game without deformed character models.

It would be so awesome. Borderlands has a neat art style, I'd like to see it on more colorful environments.
Have you played Prince of Persia?

Unicorn

DLC is already amazing looking; hope they keep 'em coming for a long time. My friends and I are going to have so much fun! Can't wait to get an acid shotgun!

Raide

I am glad to see DLC support mentioned early on. I love Too Human but knowing there is no content coming is a little sad. At least Borderlands should keep my loot-whore needs in check for a while. :D

MMaRsu

Damn Gamehubs sent me an email saying they are shipping Borderlands but my Paypal wont clear the payment till the 21th :(. DAMNIT

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TurtleSnatcher said:
I guess that will be in DLC? I think Mikey mentioned that the next DLC after the Zombie one will have like dragons or some stuff.
I believe it was aliens vs dinosaurs.
Might of been kidding though.

Alex

If they're doing DLC, I hope they have some "end game" DLC. Like level 50 focused areas with really kickass loot. One pet peeve I have is for these character progression games is when there's literally no options once you've achieved god status to actually put that god status to use!

My only visual complaint is the lack of a character creator. That really does bug me in this instance.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So has Gearbox talked about Legendary/Epic weapons and what they'll look like when dropped as loot so that they're easy to distinguish between the other trillion weapons?

Red

Alex said:
If they're doing DLC, I hope they have some "end game" DLC. Like level 50 focused areas with really kickass loot. One pet peeve I have is for these character progression games is when there's literally no options once you've achieved god status to actually put that god status to use!
What you're asking for here would immediately negate that "god status," since enemies would still be putting up a fight :lol

Anyway, I think new game+ sort of covers that ground.

Alex

Crunched said:
What you're asking for here would immediately negate that "god status," since enemies would still be putting up a fight :lol

Anyway, I think new game+ sort of covers that ground.

True! But I do think it's nice to have areas where you can take a fully fleshed out, amazingly powerful character and have good tests for all your strength.

I'm just concerned about difficulty still, it's always so make or break for me in online games with RPG elements.

Haunted

Domino Theory said:
So has Gearbox talked about Legendary/Epic weapons and what they'll look like when dropped as loot so that they're easy to distinguish between the other trillion weapons?
All loot is colour-coded.

Domino Theory said:

My question is, one of the big things is like what iterative guns? Like totally randomized? But there are hardcoded, static Epic Guns, right? Unique completely, not just a mish mash of powerful aspects?

Haunted

MMaRsu said:
Orange is the most rare right? Like in WoW?
If it's like that in WoW, then yes. I think Steve Gibson said in an interview that they've adopted the Diablo/WoW colour coding as standard.

Aside from orange, there's gray, white, blue and purple, I think?

There's also the yellow/green mechanic to immediately show the player whether an item's attributes are better or worse than the one you're currently equipped with.

edit: should've refreshed before posting. >_<

Has anybody found any gameplay footage that includes any character other than Roland, or killing things other than skags?

I wish I could see some more variation other than what I've been seeing thus far, and I'm confused why Gearbox is being so tight-lipped this close to release.

bdouble

PoweredBySoy said:
Has anybody found any gameplay footage that includes any character other than Roland, or killing things other than skags?

I wish I could see some more variation other than what I've been seeing thus far, and I'm confused why Gearbox is being so tight-lipped this close to release.
because they don't want to spoil it. I don't want to see the high level content. Course the Giant Bomb Quick looked showed some big purple things. And at the top of the page their are zombies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Quick Look shows play with Lilith, and quite frankly some crab enemies and high level weapons I wish I hadn't had spoiled :[

poweld

modeps said:
I wonder if they'll add a trade window in the DLC.
Very much this. It's one of (in my eyes) the biggest problems with the game from what I've seen. Or, forget DLC, a patch is more like it. I think this should be a base feature.

Philthy

Haunted said:
All loot is colour-coded.

I think s/he/it/OMGBOOBS meant what they would physically look like. Like the model. In WoW, you could tell because the purple or whatever loot was all unique looking. I would assume it would be the same in Borderlands.

Frostburn

Anyone pre-order the 360/PS3 version from Gamestop? They have code for 8 unique weapons as a bonus. I'm headed out at lunch to pre-order the 360 version and will be buying the PC version as soon as I can get in on a group buy.

Very excited for this game now after seeing more gameplay. I would love to see a secure trade system and rolling on Blue/Purple item drops. Won't be a problem for close friends but could certainly become an issue in pug groups.

All these good games coming out that I need to double-dip on: Would LOVE to see some sort of discount if you buy multiple copies of the game and/or the DLC.

bdouble said:
because they don't want to spoil it. I don't want to see the high level content. Course the Giant Bomb Quick looked showed some big purple things. And at the top of the page their are zombies.

That Giant Bomb quick look may have been enough to get me to buy this game. Question is......360 or PC? anyone heard of fundamental differences between the two?

Top Bottom