• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

poweld

KittyKittyBangBang said:
That Giant Bomb quick look may have been enough to get me to buy this game. Question is......360 or PC? anyone heard of fundamental differences between the two?
Isn't not reading the OP a bannable offense? I'm getting a little tired of seeing the same info over and over. Anyway, here it is:

TheOP said:
Q. Are there any differences in Borderlands among the three platforms?
A. The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of Borderlands are expected to be identical. However, PC gamers will be able to experience the game with the best graphics of the bunch and some additional features. First, you can export item cards to .jpg files allowing you to share your latest item with folks online. Secondly, Gearbox made menu and inventory changes to better suit the capabilities of PCs.

Baker

Banned
How dependent is this game on co-op? I want to buy it, but none of my friends have any interest in it.

I normally wouldn't be worried, but all the vids I have watched have teammates running around too.

poweld

eznark said:
18 page thread, no one is going to read the OP.

Randy Pitchford says PC is the way to go, so I went PC.
Fuck that, the OP is there as a sticky for useful information. You don't have to read all the pages between the OP and last, but dayum, is it so hard to check the page that TheFallen and others took the time to put together?

DAYUM

eznark

Banned
poweld said:
Fuck that, the OP is there as a sticky for useful information. You don't have to read all the pages between the OP and last, but dayum, is it so hard to check the page that TheFallen and others took the time to put together?

DAYUM
Yes, and that is why press releases disguised as OP's are dumb.

(awesome looking, but ultimately dumb).

dionysus

Yaldog
Baker said:
How dependent is this game on co-op? I want to buy it, but none of my friends have any interest in it.

I normally wouldn't be worried, but all the vids I have watched have teammates running around too.

I think the game IS the coop.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Baker said:

Can you get it on PC? Actually screw it, on any platform you'll have tons of people to play with: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18058194#post18058194

But it seems to function fine as a singleplayer experience.

EDIT: The latter half of the quick look demonstrates just how fine... the dude's solider is SICK as a solo character.

Dude Abides

Banned
Anyone know if this will be "street dated" or "ship dated" for us console peasants? I.e. will we be able to get it on Tuesday or have to wait until Wednesday?

Dude Abides said:
Anyone know if this will be "street dated" or "ship dated" for us console peasants? I.e. will we be able to get it on Tuesday or have to wait until Wednesday?

Should be in stores on Tuesday. Best Buy lists it in their upcoming ad.

poweld

Hawkian said:
<--- wishes he could watch live streams of videogames at work. Where ARE you guys? :lol
In the same boat. I suppose they could be students. I know that's what I'd be doing if i was :lol

garath

Hawkian said:
<--- wishes he could watch live streams of videogames at work. Where ARE you guys? :lol

Heh. I work for an IT consulting firm as a developer. I usually throw some music on in the background while I work but a live stream works just as well.

I watched some of the 9toes fight, at first I thought it would be too easy, he has a sniper rifle with pretty high damage and was taking huge chunks off 9toes, then the skags started getting to him, then 9toes started moving around the room. He still managed to pull it off but it was a decent fight for the "intro" boss.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I guess I'll go to the local Gamestop where the devs are doing the midnight launch and signings.
I did the same for Ghostbusters.
Nice having at least a few local developers.

Baker

Banned
Hawkian said:
What's his deal? This sounds pretty funny :lol
He's just one of those angry loser kids you see on youtube all the time. He constantly screams at his tv and he's going through the game using the ways he watched in reviews.

Cahill

Banned
God's Beard said:
kid got skagslapped.

LOL yeah. I imagine they had a good time going to town on his dead leg ;)

Enemies aren't the smartest things ever, but they are definitely wicked aggressive. Not much "standing there doing nothing" going on.

Tokubetsu

Looks like Evilore doesn't have to worry. If they're info was right, the GB quicklook says the shield regen/health regen is an equippable item that one of the guys had.

Cahill

Banned
MidnightRider said:
I've been sitting here watching it.

This looks pretty freaking fun for sure!

Yeah... and that last Level Up could not have come at a better time for him. Was about to go down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You guys are making me jealous as fuck :(

Bahaha and 's Beard, my hunter shall be a solo powerhouse! Just you wait! :-[

Wait, how does he have it already?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
are you always alone in the single player ? because the world kinda looks barren ..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Speaking of which, here's a cap from the quicklook where you can see some decent later-stage ones:

1ywkep.png

Wouldn't mind having an Urban Bruiser around the house myself.

Raide

Those playing at the moment, what is the levelling speed like? I expect the first few levels are fairly quick but have any of you noticed if the later levels take ages?

Top Bottom