• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Okay next question, the eridian artifacts which you can use on your character.

The max is level 3 right? Cause I got three more explosive artifacts and I'm wondering if I should sell them. Perhaps with the level cap(being raised) other things will get raised?

Smash88

Banned
Plywood said:
Okay next question, the eridian artifacts which you can use on your character.

The max is level 3 right? Cause I got three more explosive artifacts and I'm wondering if I should sell them. Perhaps with the level cap(being raised) other things will get raised?

Max is level 6.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Smash88 said:
Max is level 6.
How can I use them? Cause I got the explosive up to level 3 and when I try to use more explosive artifacts it won't let me raise it. It says I can't use them. :/

Do I have to raise my actual level?

Plywood said:
How can I use them? Cause I got the explosive up to level 3 and when I try to use more explosive artifacts it won't let me raise it. It says I can't use them. :/

Do I have to raise my actual level?

I think the artifacts have their own level just like any other equipment don't they? If so, you'd need to match that level to use it just as you do to equip a weapon.

deleted

Smash88 said:
What original key? To use to activate the game on steam?

Nope, normal Retail Key without a Box from get2play (Won´t work with steam for all I know)... But if I can´t use it with any DD system I might as well wait and purchase the steam or boxed version later.

_bluemoon

As long as there are new quests to do, I think I could keep playing this game forever. So new DLC is very welcome. I might actually finish my first playthrough by then, let alone my second playthrough.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
SquallASF said:
I think the artifacts have their own level just like any other equipment don't they? If so, you'd need to match that level to use it just as you do to equip a weapon.
I don't think so. There is a level requirement but not a level for the artifact itself. So I'm still stuck at Explosive Artifact level 3 with three spares I can't use. :/

Plywood said:
I don't think so. There is a level requirement but not a level for the artifact itself. So I'm still stuck at Explosive Artifact level 3 with three spares I can't use. :/

Not really sure how it works myself. Sometimes I get an artifact that I can use and bump up my effect level, sometimes I can't. But artifact levels do go up past 3: I have level 4 explosive, corrosive and shock for my 40 siren.

Hellsing321 said:
The three you have now are all lvl 3 explosive artifacts. Since you are already lvl 3 with that they can't raise it any higher. It didn't find my first lvl 4 artifact until my second playthrough. It is strange that they don'y have the lvl of the artifact in the item description.

This makes sense. I didn't get level 4 effects until my second playthrough. Thanks for clearing that up.

And randomly: Gearbox should rename Siren to Invulnerable-Death-Dealing-Lady-Of-Serious-Fucking-Incendiary-Corrosive-Shocking-HailStorm-Doom-of-a-Thousand-Bullets. Its mindboggling how much my 40 tears it up with some decent weapons.

Plywood said:
The three you have now are all lvl 3 explosive artifacts. Since you are already lvl 3 with that they can't raise it any higher. It didn't find my first lvl 4 artifact until my second playthrough. It is strange that they don'y have the lvl of the artifact in the item description.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
funkmastergeneral said:
Do red chests scale with level? It seems at level 50 New Haven chest are only giving me level 43 or so items
Level 43 and level 48 are the last tiers of quality for items. So that's all you are going to get.

Both level 43 and 48 are classified as quality 5 items. Which are the highest. Depending on the weapon the level is sometimes different.

Artifact levels are based on the level requirement for the artifact. So, 18,24,32,38,44,50 or whatever they are for levels 1-6

drizzle

Axel Hertz
xyla said:
Nope, normal Retail Key without a Box from get2play (Won´t work with steam for all I know)... But if I can´t use it with any DD system I might as well wait and purchase the steam or boxed version later.
Of course there is. It's called "the torrent network".

Download an .ISO, install it, insert your key when asked.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
eznark said:
Weird that the "lead platform" with the definitive experience is getting a delay on the PC.
The lead platform of this title is, without a doubt, the 360. Doesn't mean that's the best way to play it tho.

eznark

Banned
teekun said:
It got a delay on the initial release as well. Is it really so surprising?
Don't care what Gearbox says, that week delay was purely because of piracy concerns.

Doesn't make sense for DLC. Maybe they just had to pull people off the final polish of the DLC to patch the game?

I haven't played it in a week or so, is online fixed?

eznark said:
Weird that the "lead platform" with the definitive experience is getting a delay on the PC.
Uh.. It hasn't been confirmed if the PC version DLC won't come out on the same day.. quit making retarded assumptions for the sake of trolling.

eznark

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Uh.. It hasn't been confirmed if the PC version DLC won't come out on the same day.. quit making retarded assumptions for the sake of trolling.
I'm not even complaining, just saying it's odd. (seems confirmed on the gbx boards).

And yes, I am trolling one of my favorite games of the year. Totally.

ennui said that they would comment when they can confirm if the day would fall on the same day or not..

The rest of her posts on the thread are regarding PC Patch - She can't confirm the exact date but from what others have been posting from tweets - it sounds like this week.

Jason

this shotty is awesome (111x9). <3

gungun1.jpg

and you guys weren't kidding when you said this was a good gun.

gungun2.jpg

a couple bullets is all it takes. :lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Anyone else have issues with hosting? It seems like whenever I host a game on PS3 the framerate is generally slower than what you get if you join a game or play in single player mode. I was doing a three person game in the same room and the host always had performance issues while the others were fine. There was a HUGE difference at times.

In one map, every 10 seconds the framerate would drop into the teens with lots of tearing. Wasn't happening on the other systems. Works fine when that same system is not the host. :\

dark10x said:
Anyone else have issues with hosting? It seems like whenever I host a game on PS3 the framerate is generally slower than what you get if you join a game or play in single player mode. I was doing a three person game in the same room and the host always had performance issues while the others were fine. There was a HUGE difference at times.

In one map, every 10 seconds the framerate would drop into the teens with lots of tearing. Wasn't happening on the other systems. Works fine when that same system is not the host. :\
Possibly just a random performance issue. Wouldn't worry about it if I were you, knowing how common framerate drops are in this.

Insaniac

Insaniac said:
So, i've accumulated a lot of loot that I like, but I really don't need so I'm giving it away

XBox
GT: TheLintendo
PM me with what you are interested in

Desert Justice Revolver (LVL REQ 43)
Dmg: 389
Acc: 95.8
RoF: 1.0
+26% recoil reduction
2.3x Weapon Zoom
6 Rounds

Burning Revolver (LVL REQ 43)
Dmg: 423
Acc: 89.3
RoF: 1.3
x3 Incendiary
2.3x Weapon zoom
2 Rounds

Vitriolic Law Revolver (LVL REQ 34)(CLAIMED)
Dmg: 339
Acc: 91.7
RoF: 1.9
x3 Corrosive
2.8x Weapon Zoom
2 Rounds

Desert Justice Revolver (LVL REQ 43)
Dmg: 334
Acc: 95.8
RoF: 1.5
+100% Melee Damage
+63% Recoil Reduction
6 Rounds

Static Equalizer Revolver (LVL REQ 40)
Dmg: 224
Acc: 92.5
RoF: 1.6
x2 Electrocute
"Unending Firepower" (It's cut off but probably +15 revolver ammo regen)
+50% Reload speed
6 Rounds

Bladed Equalizer Revolver (LVL REQ 40)
Dmg: 234
Acc: 88.8
RoF: 1.6
Unending Firepower (+15 revolver ammo regen)
+100% Melee damage
+57% Reload speed
6 Rounds

Blast Equalizer Revolver (LVL REQ 40)
Dmg: 224
Acc: 92.5
RoF: 1.9
X2 Explosive
Unending Firepower (+15 revolver ammo regen)
+52% Reload Speed
6 Rounds

Combustion Hellfire SMG (LVL REQ 43)(CLAIMED)
Dmg: 86
Acc: 83.3
RoF: 8.3
x4 Incendiary
(possibly other stats, can't see them)
36 Rounds

Double Thumper SMG (LVL REQ 43)
Dmg: 167x2
Acc: 85.9
RoF: 4.2
+64% Recoil Reduction
21 Rounds

Desert Stinger SMG (LVL REQ 34)
Dmg: 118
Acc: 85.3
RoF: 12.5
+37% Recoil Reduction
31 Rounds

Relentless Stinger SMG (LVL REQ 43)
Dmg: 111
Acc: 80.0
RoF: 14.2
+15% Recoil Reduction
1.7x Weapon Zoom
39 Rounds

Patrol Bruiser SMG (LVL REQ 47)
Dmg: 163
Acc: 82.7
RoF: 9.7
28 Rounds

Sniper Class Mod (LVL REQ 31)
+70% Sniper Critical Hit Damage
+4 Focus Skill
+3 Caliber Skill
+3 Carrion Call Skill

Sniper Class Mod (LVL REQ 22)
85% Sniper Critical Hit Damage
+2 Focus Skill
+3 Caliber Skill
+2 Carrion Call Skill

Hunter Class Mod (LVL REQ 19)
+48% Bloodwing damage
+2 Aerial Impact Skill
+2 Swift Strike Skill
+3 Out for Blood Skill

Sterling Toughguy Shield (LVL 37 REQ)
Capacity: 779
Recharge Rate: 111
30% Health Boost

Still got plenty to give away, otherwise they'll get sold. First come first serve, PM me.

Firestorm

What the HELL. If you don't accept a quest, a lot of them disappear afterwards. I was going through the game only accepting story related quests because I want to do the sidequests once I'm LV50, but after a quest, the one before it disappeared. Urgh.

Loudninja

Updated issues:

Issue: The "Find Steele" mission is not completable if the cutscene or credits are interrupted
Status: A fix has been found for this issue and is pending deployment
Workaround: Do not shut down the console or quit the game during the cutscene or credits

Issue: Skill points or items disappear, or skill points are gained, usually after a multiplayer game
Frequency: client-side, moderate
Status: A potential fix has been found for this issue and it is being tested

Issue: PC players, while in multiplayer, sometimes lose the ability to save
Status: A potential fix has been found for this issue and it is being tested

Issue: Digital audio skips or stutters
Status: A fix for this issue has been verified and is pending deployment

Verified Workaround: Do not use digital audio output. This is not a permanent solution, but should clear up audio issues in the interim. Make sure your PS3 is updated by

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=77748&page=2

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Finally got the Platinum!

Played online the whole time. Burned out now, but good little game.
I expect much better things should there be a sequel.

Top Bottom