• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Smash88

Banned
Hawkian said:
He's editing the files, and thus I don't really like him. :/

:(

I'm not doing it. I just picked up most of it from others in the game. Plus, my friend did some weird edits to it. I personally have nothing to do with it. It is mostly just for laughs, since I beat the game, and now there is really nothing to do....so.... :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha. I don't really care.

To me... the game is about finding loot. Being able to just edit the files and make the best stuff defeats the whole purpose.

But if it's fun for you then carry forth!

theMrCravens said:
I was thinking about Hellgate: London while playing this.

Weird Borderlands is doing so well and the other failed miserably, considering the concept is very similar. I'd even say the loot design was better in HG:L.

I'm just wondering if it would still be a success if there wasn't a console version.

See: Marketing and it's effect on the masses.

I don't know what it is, but the
Skagzilla and the final boss both look like female anatomy to all of my friends and I... only with teeth.
Anyone else feel this way?

Insaniac

So, i've accumulated a lot of loot that I like, but I really don't need so I'm giving it away

XBox
GT: TheLintendo
PM me with what you are interested in

Desert Justice Revolver (LVL REQ 43)
Dmg: 389
Acc: 95.8
RoF: 1.0
+26% recoil reduction
2.3x Weapon Zoom
6 Rounds

Burning Revolver (LVL REQ 43)
Dmg: 423
Acc: 89.3
RoF: 1.3
x3 Incendiary
2.3x Weapon zoom
2 Rounds

Vitriolic Law Revolver (LVL REQ 34)(CLAIMED)
Dmg: 339
Acc: 91.7
RoF: 1.9
x3 Corrosive
2.8x Weapon Zoom
2 Rounds

Desert Justice Revolver (LVL REQ 43)
Dmg: 334
Acc: 95.8
RoF: 1.5
+100% Melee Damage
+63% Recoil Reduction
6 Rounds

Static Equalizer Revolver (LVL REQ 40)
Dmg: 224
Acc: 92.5
RoF: 1.6
x2 Electrocute
"Unending Firepower" (It's cut off but probably +15 revolver ammo regen)
+50% Reload speed
6 Rounds

Bladed Equalizer Revolver (LVL REQ 40)
Dmg: 234
Acc: 88.8
RoF: 1.6
Unending Firepower (+15 revolver ammo regen)
+100% Melee damage
+57% Reload speed
6 Rounds

Blast Equalizer Revolver (LVL REQ 40)
Dmg: 224
Acc: 92.5
RoF: 1.9
X2 Explosive
Unending Firepower (+15 revolver ammo regen)
+52% Reload Speed
6 Rounds

Combustion Hellfire SMG (LVL REQ 43)(CLAIMED)
Dmg: 86
Acc: 83.3
RoF: 8.3
x4 Incendiary
(possibly other stats, can't see them)
36 Rounds

Double Thumper SMG (LVL REQ 43)
Dmg: 167x2
Acc: 85.9
RoF: 4.2
+64% Recoil Reduction
21 Rounds

Desert Stinger SMG (LVL REQ 34)
Dmg: 118
Acc: 85.3
RoF: 12.5
+37% Recoil Reduction
31 Rounds

Relentless Stinger SMG (LVL REQ 43)
Dmg: 111
Acc: 80.0
RoF: 14.2
+15% Recoil Reduction
1.7x Weapon Zoom
39 Rounds

Patrol Bruiser SMG (LVL REQ 47)
Dmg: 163
Acc: 82.7
RoF: 9.7
28 Rounds

Sniper Class Mod (LVL REQ 31)
+70% Sniper Critical Hit Damage
+4 Focus Skill
+3 Caliber Skill
+3 Carrion Call Skill

Sniper Class Mod (LVL REQ 22)
85% Sniper Critical Hit Damage
+2 Focus Skill
+3 Caliber Skill
+2 Carrion Call Skill

Hunter Class Mod (LVL REQ 19)
+48% Bloodwing damage
+2 Aerial Impact Skill
+2 Swift Strike Skill
+3 Out for Blood Skill

Sterling Toughguy Shield (LVL 37 REQ)
Capacity: 779
Recharge Rate: 111
30% Health Boost

edgefusion

Major Williams said:
See: Marketing and it's effect on the masses.

I don't know what it is, but the
Skagzilla and the final boss both look like female anatomy to all of my friends and I... only with teeth.
Anyone else feel this way?

What about the
Rakk Hive
? This whole game is like an allegory to the vagina.

After taking a break to play Forza 3 I got back into this game over the weekend. Went from lvl 20 to 32 in about 17 hours of play. Once you get out past the n00b area the game really picks up. I'm loving my soldier, got a full +5 shot burst and 80% cooldown reduction on my turret. It's funny though because I remember people saying the best loot they found was in the vending machines. I have yet to buy a single weapon from a vending machine, personally. I also managed to climb the fence and get the alien 0101011010101 gun early, lol.

I just did a couple early quests at
trash coast
. And I am wondering how much more there is to go? I figure I have to be close since most people seem to be finishing up their first run in the mid-30's....

I feel like this game was something of a "rough draft" of what Gearbox ultimately wants for the franchise. I could see myself getting into a fully developed Borderlands MMO, easily. It will be very interesting to see if they follow the same formula for a sequel or go the MMO route.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
After taking a break to play Forza 3 I got back into this game over the weekend. Went from lvl 20 to 32 in about 17 hours of play. Once you get out past the n00b area the game really picks up. I'm loving my soldier, got a full +5 shot burst and 80% cooldown reduction on my turret. It's funny though because I remember people saying the best loot they found was in the vending machines. I have yet to buy a single weapon from a vending machine, personally. I also managed to climb the fence and get the alien 0101011010101 gun early, lol.

I just did a couple early quests at
trash coast
. And I am wondering how much more there is to go? I figure I have to be close since most people seem to be finishing up their first run in the mid-30's....

I feel like this game was something of a "rough draft" of what Gearbox ultimately wants for the franchise. I could see myself getting into a fully developed Borderlands MMO, easily. It will be very interesting to see if they follow the same formula for a sequel or go the MMO route.

In the vending machines are you looking at the Deal of the Day? That's where the best stuff is generally.

funkmastergeneral said:
In the vending machines are you looking at the Deal of the Day? That's where the best stuff is generally.

Yeah, I've seen some decent stuff there. But nothing I was like "OMG must buy!!". The vending machines also seem to stock items of a level relative to their location. Maybe I just haven't gone to the right ones? I've bought all the ammo upgrades I can (purple) though.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I could see myself getting into a fully developed Borderlands MMO, easily. It will be very interesting to see if they follow the same formula for a sequel or go the MMO route.

Here's hoping that a Borderlands MMO is the farthest thing from their mind. If anything, Borderlands proves that you can have addictive MMO gameplay without expensive MMO infrastructure.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
edgefusion said:
What about the
Rakk Hive
? This whole game is like an allegory to the vagina.

I think you mean "ode" or something :lol

I just did a couple early quests at trash coast. And I am wondering how much more there is to go? I figure I have to be close since most people seem to be finishing up their first run in the mid-30's....

You're pretty close. You're bouncing all over the place from area to area near the end.

I wouldn't want to pay per month for a Borderlands MMO. I'd vastly prefer the Guild Wars model. That game I would play forever.

If done properly I think transferring to a persistent MMO structure would compliment the established gameplay. Of course both approaches have their benefits and drawbacks. Speaking from a strictly business standpoint creating a successful MMO can be extremely lucrative and I am not sure Gearbox would let the opportunity pass by. Like I said, it will be interesting to see which route they take for the sequel.

That ending.... seriously wtf.

I am underwhelmed.

Vaginas with teeth, flying Protoss zealots, and a Crysis feel at the end
had the potential to be awesome, but fell flat on its back with a lackluster ending to the story.

I wouldn't want a straight up Borderlands MMO, but I definitely want MMO elements. Being able to buy houses or rooms with storage would be really cool-- or at least to display some of your weapons. Other MMO character customization features would be awesome as well. I think the game could retain the arcadeyness that makes it work so well while adding additional layers to the presentation, easily.

I'd like the ability to break down weapons into parts so you can upgrade other weapons. Like there's a really good scope on a crappy weapon and you have the option to break the gun into parts but the actual part that you get from the process is random. I have an awesome Hellfire but I don't use it because I hate aiming with iron sights in this game.

Pctx

Banned
Major Williams said:
That ending.... seriously wtf.

I am underwhelmed.

edited as not to piss off the general public.

Honestly--- you should probably spoiler that as there are still some people who haven't beat the game yet.

Ending for me....
I was doing 900+ damage on every sniper shot, would get knocked down, simply shoot one of the tentacles and then continue on. The boss battles in general were lack luster, but gave the game a sense of scale which was good.

There should be a second ending though for the second play through that somehow leads you up to events for #2

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Lol Eridian weapon that I got: it's description was "010011110100110101000111"

Decoded from binary it says "OMG"

:lol

Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but it made me chuckle.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Kydd BlaZe said:
Zombie Island DLC releasing on the 24th of this month.

Has there been any word on additional achievements??
Any info on the DLC at all outside of the pictures?

I'd love to know if they're touching talents or level caps or weapon properties or what?!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Kydd BlaZe said:
Indeed. Apparently this is the first DLC in the series. Gearbox plans to release several more.

It costs 800MS/$10, by the way

hmm, for $10 I hope it is a sizable chunk of content and not just a 1-2hr quest line. eh, I probably still buy it regardless.

zero2000

Banned
zero2000 said:
Anyone want these?

I am giving them away.

PC Version!

Shield.png
Mod.png

Pestilent Defiler Claimed By Hawkian
HX2 C Combustion Hellfire Claimed By Deadly

To keep it fair, only ask for one, so other people can get some of the items. Just PM me which one you want, and we can set up a time for me to give it to you.

I have a lot more loot to give away in the future, but these are just some of my best items.

Just giving this a bump if some people didn't see it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Plywood said:
Lol Eridian weapon that I got: it's description was "010011110100110101000111"

Decoded from binary it says "OMG"

:lol

Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but it made me chuckle.

Okay well that is awesome.

Grecco

Kydd BlaZe said:
Zombie Island DLC releasing on the 24th of this month.

Has there been any word on additional achievements??

God i just read this on TeamXbox.

YES MORE BL! Awesome

but God Damn are they lazy

You’ll need a copy of the original Borderlands game in order to experience this downloadable content. If you’re one of the very few people who haven’t had the pleasure of falling into Borderlands’ addictive clutches, please let us know and we’ll send you a copy. You’ll definitely want to be able to experience The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned when it comes out on November 24, 2009.

Team Xbox will send us copies? nah. they just copy pasted the email from 2K

ghostmind

If Gearbox plays this right, and does incremental level cap and gear increases, while keeping the locations, enemies and missions fresh, they are going to have me on the DLC hook long-term.

RubxQub said:
Any info on the DLC at all outside of the pictures?

I'd love to know if they're touching talents or level caps or weapon properties or what?!

Seriously. It makes a pretty big difference what level the content is aimed for. Is it 50+ end game content? Is it lower level (1-15)? Or will they implement some limited form of world/instance leveling for DLC content? Enquiring minds want to know!

My guess? Best case scenario would be to have the content auto-level, but ONLY because the core game does not. This would free you up to tackle the zone at lower levels or as end game content. Most likely scenario is that its tailored for 50+. Also possible is that its aimed for 18+ as there is that perfect area right past Mad Mel's arena for Gearbox to add another zone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Eh, best case scenario for me would be that it was accessible on either playthrough one or two, like every other area. Then it'd be suitable for 30ish or 50ish characters.

Arthrus

If you have 5/5 in a stat, and you get a class mod that boosts that stat, does it go beyond 5/5?

I would love to have a 7/5 or 8/5 on Short Fuse, but I don't know if that's possible :D

Arthrus said:
If you have 5/5 in a stat, and you get a class mod that boosts that stat, does it go beyond 5/5?

I would love to have a 7/5 or 8/5 on Short Fuse, but I don't know if that's possible :D
Yes

It just doesn't show it in your skill tree

So Short Fuse should reduce the cooldown of Berserk by 42 seconds or something at 7/5.

Got the game last weekend, been playing the shit out of it. I'm glad I was able to find a quick and immediate solution to the Gamespy issues by using Tunngle, otherwise the state of the MP would have been unacceptable.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Arthrus said:

IIRC, It won't show the actual stats raising, but it goes up to 10/5 max, I believe. So yes, it does still have an effect.

There should be more info soon though.. I mean right now pepople are just reporting on a press release.. Mikey tweeted he was at the airport flying to san fran for a press tour.. so interviews gotta be popping up soon.

deleted

Ok, I can get an original key for 15 EUR which sounds like a great deal for me.
Is there a digital distribution solution for this game, where I can create an account and dl it with the key?
Steam doesn´t work with retail keys for this game as far as I know...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just beat the game.

Anyone care to explain that ending?

So the Guardian Angel was communicating via satellite? So all it tells me was she was probably communicating from another planet. What did you get out of this? Then it goes to the clap trap, that changes to a Interplanetary Ninja Assassin.. Funny but, uhm.. wat
Kinda shit ending.

Damage to end boss: Had an assault rifle, 12 shot, 444 off of each bullet. Took it down easily enough.
Played as Lilith, level 36.

Disappointed w/ the ending despite a good game overall and a real fun end game level.

Smash88

Banned
xyla said:
Ok, I can get an original key for 15 EUR which sounds like a great deal for me.
Is there a digital distribution solution for this game, where I can create an account and dl it with the key?
Steam doesn´t work with retail keys for this game as far as I know...

What original key? To use to activate the game on steam?

Plywood said:
Just beat the game.

Anyone care to explain that ending?

So the Oracle was communicating via satellite? So all it tells me was she was probably communicating from another planet. What did you get out of this? Then it goes to the clap trap, that changes to a Interplanetary Ninja Assassin.. Funny but, uhm.. wat
Kinda shit ending.

Damage to end boss: Had an assault rifle, 12 shot, 444 off of each bullet. Took it down easily enough.
Played as Lilith, level 36.

Disappointed w/ the ending despite a good game overall and a real fun end game level.
It's a trick by the hyperion corporation to get you to open the vault the orcale is a AI made by hyperion trying to lead you to the vault and the crimson lance are supplied by the atlas corporation attempting to get there before you.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
A claptrap keeps coming up telling me scooter wants something and to talk to him. Who is scooter/where can I find him?

he's the guy you hear everytime you spawn a car. He's in new haven, next to the garage with the car in it, seated to the right.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
practice02 said:
It's a trick by the hyperion corporation to get you to open the vault the orcale is a AI made by hyperion trying to lead you to the vault and the crimson lance are supplied by the atlas corporation attempting to get there before you.
Ah thanks, I had to see the ending again on youtube. I didn't see it the first time cause I was playing on an SDTV.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
A claptrap keeps coming up telling me scooter wants something and to talk to him. Who is scooter/where can I find him?

If you teleport to New Haven, he's to your immediate right.

Edit: Beat

Top Bottom